***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,555,517 Views | 47735 Replies | Last: 28 min ago by 74OA
SidsBurnerAccount
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

fullback44 said:

SidsBurnerAccount said:

Germany and Italy now said to be on board with cutting Russia out of SWIFT

This needs to happen .. hit them with sanctions that cause internal issues for Putin, he still has to have support from the elite businesses and banks

My thoughts too. Economically crippling sanctions and then make sure the people of Russia know it all goes away as soon as the current leadership is gone. Let them sort it out "in house".
We should be freezing assets of Russian oligarchs and telling them they'll be unfrozen when they have a regime change
Jayhawk
I have to imagine that if Putin throws away any more units of paratroopers , he may have to worry about a problem with his own generals.

Sending Il-76's haphazardly into active IADS missile engage zones and having the surivving paratroopers assault into fortified urban terrain is the dumbest military tactics I have seen since well... our evacuation from Afghanistan.
SidsBurnerAccount

More cracks in Russia.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
If these guys have assets subject to freeze, they're just as stupid as their commie predecessors.
This message has been self-censored to comply with the state policies of F16 and the mandates following the Cultural Cleansing Post Purge of 2021. All efforts have been made to ensure that this post does not offend anyone.
FireAg
AG
Spaceship said:

Hearing on Twitter that Russia has incurred over 5,000 casualties so far.

If that's even inflated by 100%, that's still astonishing…

I'd like to buy some Ukrainians a beer some day…

Impressive…
cone
AG
denazification was a dumb thing to say

easy to pour resolve into leadership if they feel like they are dead no matter what
SidsBurnerAccount
Jay Reimenschneider said:

If these guys have assets subject to freeze, they're just as stupid as their commie predecessors.
It's not that hard to locate their yachts and Premiere League teams.
fullback44
AG
Sully Dog said:

Will Russia respond by cutting off the pipelines to Europe?
That's a very real possibility… however, at some point they have to realize having gas doesn't mean crap if buyers start looking for other energy sources, I know LNG from the US and other countries is growing but the EU needs BTUs, they need to go back to coal and nuclear, they need to start fracking more, not banning it, make Russia respect them as customers
Keegan99
AG
Photo removed. From 2016.
Faustus
Captain Positivity said:

Spaceship said:

Hearing on Twitter that Russia has incurred over 5,000 casualties so far.

These types of reports are going to be incredibly unreliable. Fog of war.

NM.
YouBet
AG
Sully Dog said:

Will Russia respond by cutting off the pipelines to Europe?
I certainly hope so. Germany needs to feel that pain. F* Germany.

The larger positive if that happens is that It would force Germany, Europe, and the US to fully realize that being dependent on another country for energy is suicide.
Premium
AG
JobSecurity said:

Musk should give free Starllnk to Ukraine
jabberwalkie09
AG

The Russian alarm clock.
FireAg
AG
It's morning in Kyiv and the Ukes still hold the major cities…

I'm happily stunned…
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
FireAg said:

It's morning in Kyiv and the Ukes still hold the major cities…

I'm happily stunned…
GigEmRangers75455
Had no idea I could get so involved in a conflict involving Ukraine but my patriotism towards that country right now is deep. Keep it up Ukes!
shiftyandquick
jabberwalkie09
AG
TRM
AG
Kenneth_2003
AG
I'm no adept student of the matter, but I never figured Putin too be an inept tactician.
Keegan99
AG
TRM
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG

Edit: got beat twice over.
RangerRick9211
AG
Aggies75455 said:

Had no idea I could get so involved in a conflict involving Ukraine but my patriotism towards that country right now is deep. Keep it up Ukes!

Certain times in life. Putting my 3 year old to bed tonight. Safe in the USA knowing I have the world's greatest to secure mine. Wish Ukraine had such blessings. I hope they do eventually.
TRM
AG
YouBet
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

Aggies75455 said:

Certain times in life. Putting my 3 year old to bed tonight. Safe in the USA knowing I have the world's greatest to secure mine. Wish Ukraine had such blessings. I hope they do eventually.
They may be molding those men right now.
Jetpilot86
AG
A few quick random thoughts, most already mentioned:

• One of the reasons Russia would want Ukraine is the farmland, probably some of the best from the old SU.
  • Demographically, Russia cannot afford any protracted war or losses in Ukraine. They are already behind due to losses in WW2, and are not far behind China with regards to an uncorrectable fall off in the ability to sustain their nation via birth rates. Some believe China has already crossed the point of no return as the survivors before the 1 Child Policy are dying off. Those who didn't kill off their daughters to have a son, have VERY valuable daughters right now, and they are taking advantage of the "scarcity".
  • I can easily see China using Russia as a patsy in this. Russia takes Ukraine quickly, as planned, with no Western meaningful resistance, they move on Taiwan. With things going as they have, it's been quieter on the Taiwan front and now China is adding sanctions to Russia in an attempt to "save face". Could be a scam, but the MO fits them, they can't be "wrong", even when they are. They have been poking everyone between Japan, S Korea, and Taiwan the last 6 months or more. If it's daytime and I'm hauling my rubber dog **** around over there, I hear a lot of tough talk on the emergency frequency as I fly between Japan and Taiwan. I also don't believe that the CCP can invade Taiwan as Russia has tried with Ukraine, Taiwan has been planning for this scenario for decades vs Ukraine not planning for weeks.
  • I think Putin grossly underestimated the resolve of Ukraine. However, one only has to look at WW2 to understand the resolve of any of those people when Defending their land. Russia only advanced in WW2 after they bled out the Germans, offense is not what they do well as they have proven ever since WW2.
  • Finally, assuming what we are seeing now holds up until the US stock market opens Monday, the Russians have lost no matter if they take stuff later on. The last few Friday's the markets have had bad days (last seller, turn out the lights), today up roughly 2% going into a weekend, the markets are not betting on a widening conflict or Ukraine losing, IMHO.
lb3
AG
SidsBurnerAccount said:

BlackGoldAg2011 said:

fullback44 said:

SidsBurnerAccount said:

Germany and Italy now said to be on board with cutting Russia out of SWIFT

This needs to happen .. hit them with sanctions that cause internal issues for Putin, he still has to have support from the elite businesses and banks

My thoughts too. Economically crippling sanctions and then make sure the people of Russia know it all goes away as soon as the current leadership is gone. Let them sort it out "in house".
We should be freezing assets of Russian oligarchs and telling them they'll be unfrozen when they have a regime change
what do we do when we seize the Brooklyn Nets. Do we auction them to the highest bidder or conduct a dispersal draft?

ETA, Sorry for the derail but if we do seize oligarch assets, they come in many flavors.
TRM
AG
amercer
AG
700 men?
Player To Be Named Later
AG
https://twitter.com/mALTOYJI/status/1497412713915555841?s=20&t=SmteArtul6KG4H-m2hj5zg
/End of Message
Kenneth_2003
AG
[We have a clear warning in the OP about politics on this thread. -Staff]
jabberwalkie09
AG
TRM
AG
amercer said:

700 men?
probably 250-300
10thYrSr
Jetpilot86 said:

A few quick random thoughts, most already mentioned:

• One of the reasons Russia would want Ukraine is the farmland, probably some of the best from the old SU.
  • Demographically, Russia cannot afford any protracted war or losses in Ukraine. They are already behind due to losses in WW2, and are not far behind China with regards to an uncorrectable fall off in the ability to sustain their nation via birth rates. Some believe China has already crossed the point of no return as the survivors before the 1 Child Policy are dying off. Those who didn't kill off their daughters to have a son, have VERY valuable daughters right now, and they are taking advantage of the "scarcity".
  • I can easily see China using Russia as a patsy in this. Russia takes Ukraine quickly, as planned, with no Western meaningful resistance, they move on Taiwan. With things going as they have, it's been quieter on the Taiwan front and now China is adding sanctions to Russia in an attempt to "save face". Could be a scam, but the MO fits them, they can't be "wrong", even when they are. They have been poking everyone between Japan, S Korea, and Taiwan the last 6 months or more. If it's daytime and I'm hauling my rubber dog **** around over there, I hear a lot of tough talk on the emergency frequency as I fly between Japan and Taiwan. I also don't believe that the CCP can invade Taiwan as Russia has tried with Ukraine, Taiwan has been planning for this scenario for decades vs Ukraine not planning for weeks.
  • I think Putin grossly underestimated the resolve of Ukraine. However, one only has to look at WW2 to understand the resolve of any of those people when Defending their land. Russia only advanced in WW2 after they bled out the Germans, offense is not what they do well as they have proven ever since WW2.
  • Finally, assuming what we are seeing now holds up until the US stock market opens Monday, the Russians have lost no matter if they take stuff later on. The last few Friday's the markets have had bad days (last seller, turn out the lights), today up roughly 2% going into a weekend, the markets are not betting on a widening conflict or Ukraine losing, IMHO.

One point. Russia will not concede defeat. This is going to escalate, and we have no idea how far. They aren't simply going to say "oops" and retreat. Where will that take us?
First Page Last Page
Page 68 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.