***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,554,894 Views | 47734 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by 74OA
GarryowenAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oldmanguy said:

SidsBurnerAccount said:

Quote:

I think you're both right. The government, THIS government, is probably at it's sunset. I think the country still has a lease on life as it knows it without being a puppet.
Why would the Zelensky government be at its sunset. Explain.
I don't think Kiev doesn't fall

I don't think Zelensky leaves Kiev

He has buttressed a nation. He won't leave and he won't get captured IMO.

My $0.02, Zelensky has an established escape route and safe house somewhere within the city that he'll move to if need be. Once re-established, he'll send out video confirming him being in the city and will rally the troops to mount a counteroffensive.
aeroag14
AG
HEAVY FIRE on the independence square feed
TRM
AG

I'll look for confirmation.
jabberwalkie09
AG
aeroag14 said:

HEAVY FIRE on the independence square feed

Gun fire on CNN right now.

Edit: CNN corespondent saying was AAA.
The Fall Guy
AG
Captain Positivity said:

It's pretty clear they are facing overwhelming odds here. Russia is eventually going to take control of the major cities. It's going to be nasty, and Russia is going to lose way more assets than they thought they would. Z and his higher ups are going to be killed or captured, but he will be a martyr.

My wife wants a Zelinsky shirt with his face on it. She knows he will die but wants to remember his bravery.
YouBet
AG
So, I've now seen multiple talking heads and people who would know saying that Putin's sanity, demeanor, outlook has changed dramatically in the last year or two. I'm not sure if that is a thought that has simply gone viral or if that is a known thing that people in the know have been aware of for a while and hasn't been shared.

COVID isolation? Illness? Fake news? Simple desperation? Who knows.

Regardless, that is a theme clearly making the rounds now.
RangerRick9211
AG
Rubio alluded to it on Twitter. And he's been NAILs so far. I think it's a definite variable.
buzzardb267
AG
Daylight may not be a friend of the ruskies. If, and that's a big if, the civilians are going to resist, they will make for hundreds of snipers once the fighting moves into the more urban areas.
Charpie
AG
It's hard to tell. I'm so jaded by watching Homeland who knows what the hell to believe.
johnrth
There are 2 C-17 Globemasters in the air over the English channel. One from Tacoma,Was and one from New Jersey. Wonder where they're going and what they're carrying?
aTmAg
AG
SidsBurnerAccount said:

New pics of the Chechens the Russians are bringing in.

WTF? What do Chechens have to do with this fight and why are they fighting FOR the Russians? They and the Russians hate each other.
Ag In Ok
AG
johnrth said:

There are 2 C-17 Globemasters in the air over the English channel. One from Tacoma,Was and one from New Jersey. Wonder where they're going and what they're carrying?

The ability to exfil a president.
amercer
AG
Zelinsky was a comedian. On a sitcom. Playing the president.

He's now a national hero that they will be naming airports, squares, and elementary schools after 100 years from now.

I'm not sure, but maybe Ukraine is a country full of badasses?

Not a Bot
AG
Saw various Twitter reports on a thread from Ukrainian journalists saying a lot of these Russian soldiers are conscripts and not pros. Lost the link.
aeroag14
AG
JobSecurity
AG
The Fall Guy said:

Captain Positivity said:

It's pretty clear they are facing overwhelming odds here. Russia is eventually going to take control of the major cities. It's going to be nasty, and Russia is going to lose way more assets than they thought they would. Z and his higher ups are going to be killed or captured, but he will be a martyr.

My wife wants a Zelinsky shirt with his face on it. She knows he will die but wants to remember his bravery.
I'm looking forward to taking a vacation to Kiev to get a picture with his statue in a few years
AggieBucksJB
AG
Waffledynamics said:

You can hear fierce fighting on this livestream right as I post this.

aeroag14
AG
buzzardb267 said:

Daylight may not be a friend of the ruskies. If, and that's a big if, the civilians are going to resist, they will make for hundreds of snipers once the fighting moves into the more urban areas.

It is absolutely not a big if. It isn't even an if at this point. The Russians are going to have to fight for every block in Kiev. Citizens have already stood up and fought more than anyone could have predicted
TRM
AG
JobSecurity
AG

Been seeing more of this for Poland and Romanian borders. Mostly women and kids because the men stayed to fight. Just cant wrap my head around this.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Captain Positivity said:

Saw various Twitter reports on a thread from Ukrainian journalists saying a lot of these Russian soldiers are conscripts and not pros. Lost the link.

I believe that conscription and service is still required in Russia.
Waffledynamics
AG
TRM said:

A few questions:

1. What's so special about these troops?
2. Why have they not already been deployed?
3. Is there any corroboration beyond a Twitter post?
jobu93
AG
JobSecurity said:

Been seeing more of this for Poland and Romanian borders. Mostly women and kids because the men stayed to fight. Just cant wrap my head around this.
That is a very determined fighting group of men who are left behind. They will be savages for their families.
Not a Bot
AG
Fog of war. Would not trust much of anything you hear.

Another journalist is reporting Ukraine has shut down yet another Russian transport in that area. Don't know if anybody is post a tweet yeah, this thread is moving so fast.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
Waffledynamics said:

TRM said:

A few questions:

1. What's so special about these troops?
2. Why have they not already been deployed?
3. Is there any corroboration beyond a Twitter post?

They are "far right" paramilitary...and fb would ban posts regarding them. But, now they're cool...kind of like civilians having guns
This message has been self-censored to comply with the state policies of F16 and the mandates following the Cultural Cleansing Post Purge of 2021. All efforts have been made to ensure that this post does not offend anyone.
Charpie
AG
10thYrSr
Agthatbuilds said:

Waffledynamics said:

You can hear fierce fighting on this livestream right as I post this.

Jazz in your feed as well

The reason you may be hearing jazz is because it was outlawed in the Russia in the early 20th century due to it's perceived subversive nature. They had a device that could duplicate records, but they had no material to use for it. People began making bootleg records of jazz on discarded x-ray film from hospitals, which was similar to vinyl. They would burn the film with a cigarette in the center to make it fit on a spindle.
jabberwalkie09
AG

This would probably explain why we haven't seen much from Kharkiv for awhile looking at the distribution.
TRM
AG

I Sold DeSantis Lifts
Trying to find cheese sammiches from the Olympic village
This message has been self-censored to comply with the state policies of F16 and the mandates following the Cultural Cleansing Post Purge of 2021. All efforts have been made to ensure that this post does not offend anyone.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Charpie said:

The RC-135's were flying a similar route last week.
RangerRick9211
AG
We've seen th NATO drone flip off the transponder every time it flys. It's American made.

This drone could do the same, but doesn't. More optics, no?
Hubert J. Farnsworth
JobSecurity said:

Quite a difference from the Afghan evacuation where you saw mostly fighting age men.
fullback44
AG
JobSecurity said:

Just a really sad situation all around, this is not what the people of the world want, these leaders are evil, I seriously hope all these people get into Poland and elsewhere safely
TRM
AG
TRM said:

I'll look for confirmation.
First Page Last Page
Page 66 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.