***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,555,561 Views | 47735 Replies | Last: 30 min ago by 74OA
Malibu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Part of me is wondering if, based on Crimea, they thought they'd be greeted as liberators. This is such a bizarre war.
YouBet
AG
BusterAg said:

YouBet said:

rgag12 said:

I don't get the notion that Russia is working against some clock. They've reached and almost encircled the enemy capital in less than 2 days. The president of Ukraine is wanting to die defending city, or so he portrays.

If the ultimate goal is to overthrow the government and install a pro-Russian puppet, what's the difference if it takes 3 days versus 7 days. The prestige?

The longer this has gone on the more support you've seen from the rest of the planet about supporting Ukraine. The longer this goes on the more NATO is going to actually do something. People love an underdog and the fact that Ukraine is showing fight has people rallying to their cause.

Russia knows this. If they don't end this quickly, they stand a chance of more and more direct support for Ukraine.
I don't think it is so much that people love underdogs as they hate bloodthirsty invaders.

When is the last time someone has gotten away with a violent incursion (other than the U.S.)?
Two sides of same coin!
MaroonStain
AG
Maybe Putin has a terminal condition and wants to leave his legacy as the same as other Russian "legacies".
jabberwalkie09
AG

Location update on the fighting in northeast Kyiv.
YouBet
AG
RONA Ag said:

At this point you hope that Ukraine's resolve is strong enough that even if their leadership structure is captured that they are willing to run an all out decentralized guerilla war
Shared this way early on but former US officials have already said we would supply and wage a proxy, guerrilla war in Ukraine against Russia.
Who?mikejones!
Agthatbuilds said:

Waffledynamics said:

You can hear fierce fighting on this livestream right as I post this.

Jazz in your feed as well

This is 4 different cities, correct?
redline248
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Russian army sustainment continues to be a problem for them.
What do international rules say about an army dressing up in civilian clothes in order to gain some strategic advantage?
txags92
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

I wonder how much reportedly having to delay the invasion by several days or weeks hurt the level of provisions the formations had with them? Even keeping a force camped on a border is no small feat to keep fed and fueled.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Wolf Blitzer asked Kira Rudik why she posted the picture to social media of her holding an AK. I'm not joking. Was literally the question.
JJxvi
AG
rgag12 said:

I don't get the notion that Russia is working against some clock. They've reached and almost encircled the enemy capital in less than 2 days. The president of Ukraine is wanting to die defending city, or so he portrays.

If the ultimate goal is to overthrow the government and install a pro-Russian puppet, what's the difference if it takes 3 days versus 7 days. The prestige?

The problem is morale and spirit. Struggling to move through the country, allowing Ukrainian heroes to pop up, etc are very bad. It would've been extremely helpful to have the Ukrainian army be so demoralized by swift and relentless opposition and switch sides to support whatever "President" they put in because fighting back was impossible. It looks to me that Ukraine is going to fight even when the government falls and that's not a Russian victory. that just means protracted guerrilla war.
Waffledynamics
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Waffledynamics said:

You can hear fierce fighting on this livestream right as I post this.

Jazz in your feed as well

This is 4 different cities, correct?
Correct, but the audio is from Kyiv in the top right, currently.
rgag12
AG
YouBet said:

RONA Ag said:

At this point you hope that Ukraine's resolve is strong enough that even if their leadership structure is captured that they are willing to run an all out decentralized guerilla war
Shared this way early on but former US officials have already said we would supply and wage a proxy, guerrilla war in Ukraine against Russia.

No matter what happens, you can count on a LONG civil war after a new government is put in place and a chunk of the Russians leave.

I don't think Ukraine is going to be stable for many many years
Waffledynamics
AG
txags92 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

I wonder how much reportedly having to delay the invasion by several days or weeks hurt the level of provisions the formations had with them? Even keeping a force camped on a border is no small feat to keep fed and fueled.
Do we know it was delayed?
txags92
AG
Waffledynamics said:

txags92 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

I thought there was a report that we had intelligence that it was going to kick off something like two weeks ago, and for some reason I can't remember, Russia had to postpone it to now.
YouBet
AG
rgag12 said:

YouBet said:

RONA Ag said:

No matter what happens, you can count on a LONG civil war after a new government is put in place and a chunk of the Russians leave.

I don't think Ukraine is going to be stable for many many years
Nope on being stable. Probably going to be the crossroads of EuroAsian dysfunction for years.
amercer
AG
txags92 said:

Waffledynamics said:

txags92 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

I thought there was a report that we had intelligence that it was going to kick off something like two weeks ago, and for some reason I can't remember, Russia had to postpone it to now.

So I don't want to take this to the other thread, but I think our strategy pre invasion of putting all the intelligence out there actually caught Putin by surprise and delayed the military action.
Agsuffering@bulaw
This was a few pages ago, it RE the UN vote:

India has had good relations with Russia since its founding. They both have a long term interest in containing China. Plus, India is too valuable to us right now as a check against China. We must live with their not siding with us in what was a doomed motion.

UAE is in a similar situation as Saudi with lots of domestic extremists. Their extremists hate the West. No point in giving their wingnuts more ammo when the motion was doomed.

Besides, the current US administration's energy policy and the industrialized world needs UAE oil more than their moral support. (Mods- not intended as a comment on current energy policy)
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Agthatbuilds said:

PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

battles in the live stream seem to be getting closer and closer

Link to the ones you're watching?

Definitely rifle fire and yelling being herd on your stream

And, jazz?????
Periodic iPhone text message notification too
Not a Bot
AG
MaroonStain said:

Maybe Putin has a terminal condition and wants to leave his legacy as the same as other Russian "legacies".

I think I remember it being rumored he had been diagnosed with Parkinson's or some other degenerative disease.
JobSecurity
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
htxag09
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Just woke up? Who the hell is Kyiv has been able to sleep?
Waffledynamics
AG
I get a bad feeling that Kyiv is falling tonight.
jobu93
AG
There was a pic of Chechnya just bombed out.

I think it's evident Russia won't do that here. Perhaps there's a kinship, perhaps it's a lack of overt racism.

Russia tried a surgical invasion and they aren't a scalpel; they are a sledgehammer. They forgot who they were and it's cost them dearly.

Zalinsky has riled up the citizens but I don't think he's as valuable as he was 48 hours ago. The population has coalesced beyond his words. They have the firm FU that will drive them on well beyond his Presidency whatever may be left of it.

…and on the reports of Russians breaking in for food and clothing…. This is beyond any strategy, it's an army breaking and being hit with desertions. Just my opinion.
Waffledynamics
AG
What the absolute hell, Putin?

amercer
AG
Waffledynamics said:

The sun rises in an hour and a half.
GarryowenAg
AG
HELP! OSINT Live Thread just ended. I need another link!!
redline248
AG
Quote:

and on the reports of Russians breaking in for food and clothing…. This is beyond any strategy, it's an army breaking and being hit with desertions. Just my opinion
I also considered this as an option
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Waffledynamics
AG
oldmanguy said:

…and on the reports of Russians breaking in for food and clothing…. This is beyond any strategy, it's an army breaking and being hit with desertions. Just my opinion.
I sure hope they're breaking. Russia needs to learn a harsh lesson.
Engine10
AG
They ain't waiting for sunup, it's goin down. Wild they are still rolling with these aerial drops
JobSecurity
AG
Eliminatus
AG
amercer said:

Waffledynamics said:

The sun rises in an hour and a half.
There was definitely heavy fighting on the outskirts.

With the numbers reported being committed to the invasion in total, how spread out they are across the whole nation, the Ukes actually fighting hard.......can the Russians even take Kiev with what they had staged at dusk?

This is a huge, very dense city filled with millions and the Russians can't have more than low five digit numbers actively trying to take it against very stiff ( and growing) resistance.

We can say that Kiev may "fall" but what does that actually mean? Full Russian takeover and capitulation of Uke military? Based off of last night, I don't think that is happening in the next few hours. It looks like the Ukes bought themselves another dawn.
YouBet
AG
Waffledynamics said:

What the absolute hell, Putin?

Putin approaching Glenn Close level of psycho ex.
First Page Last Page
Page 64 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.