***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,555,999 Views | 47736 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ABATTBQ11
mmh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We need one Charlie Wilson, and $1B.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Ppplllllleeeeeaaaaasssssseeeee!!!!!!!!
Who?mikejones!
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Rossticus said:

Just out of curiosity, anyone know how many b2 bombing runs could be made for $6 billion?
Jayhawk
jabberwalkie09
AG
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

Rossticus said:

Just out of curiosity, anyone know how many b2 bombing runs could be made for $6 billion?

Actually I was trying to recall how much M1 abrams cost. I'm kind of hoping that money turns into equipment.
Deplorable
Instinct to celebrate. **** Russia. Then some nice follow up guilt that a landing force of men just died. **** war, **** Russia man.
Who?mikejones!
Radio reporting negotiations are off the table
RONA Ag
AG
Jayhawk said:

Give 'em hell boys!!!!
YouBet
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

BlackGoldAg2011 said:

Rossticus said:

Actually I was trying to recall how much M1 abrams cost. I'm kind of hoping that money turns into equipment.
It will go into a black hole and be largely fleeced.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

I've seen this come across multiple places on Twitter. Where there's smoke there's fire, but I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen the fire.
Htownag11
AG
If that isn't $6 billion of equipment delivered in the next 12 hours then its utterly useless. Biden the grifter gonna grift.
flakrat
AG
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

Rossticus said:

jabberwalkie09
AG
YouBet said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

BlackGoldAg2011 said:

Rossticus said:

Indeed, which is why I would rather be sending equipment rather than money.
Waffledynamics
AG
Nitro Power
AG
Time for me to eat some crow here. I said yesterday Russia would mow almost anyone over that they wanted in short order. I was wrong, I admit it. I think there are two things taking place here. Russia is a bully who has built a reputation based on fear. So far it appears to me Ukraine hit them in the mouth and/or they are not as powerful as thought (at least me). Two, I did not expect Ukraine to rally like they have. Regardless of the outcome, what they are doing is inspirational.

I was indifferent at first, but I am firmly rooting for Ukraine to kick some ass.
flakrat
AG
Actually, according to a quick Google:

Quote:

But the B-2's weren't just expensive to buildthey cost a fortune to operate, with every flight hour costing a staggering $163,000 dollars per flight hour and sixty man-hours of maintenance.
F-35 costs about $27K per hour
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

YouBet said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

BlackGoldAg2011 said:

Rossticus said:

Indeed, which is why I would rather be sending equipment rather than money.

The picture below is what popped into my head wondering the dollar amount represented. Couldn't help but think it would be the most expedient and effective "aid" we could offer

Jayhawk
Nitro Power said:

Time for me to eat some crow here. I said yesterday Russia would mow almost anyone over that they wanted in short order. I was wrong, I admit it. I think there are two things taking place here. Russia is a bully who has built a reputation based on fear. So far it appears to me Ukraine hit them in the mouth and/or they are not as powerful as thought (at least me). Two, I did not expect Ukraine to rally like they have. Regardless of the outcome, what they are doing is inspirational.

I was indifferent at first, but I am firmly rooting for Ukraine to kick some ass.
Same. I imagine no one is as surprised as Putin and the Russian general staff.

The fight of the Ukrainians against these odds is something that has not been seen in pretty much anyone's lifetime. The fact that their president has chosen to die with his boots on and go down swinging with his soldiers defending his capital makes it impossible for me not embrace the Ukrainian cause in my heart. Same with the Snake Island defenders. These people are conducting themselves heroically.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Some weapon mounted electronic NV and some handheld thermals there. The hand held units probably aren't the best, but they can be useful. Pretty much all of those units can be bought at your local gun shop here in the states. I do wonder where those came from though.
Keegan99
AG
Lots of stuff that's not a Tactical and Strategic Update.

If y'all want to discuss price tags, please go elsewhere.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
flakrat said:

Actually, according to a quick Google:

Quote:

But the B-2's weren't just expensive to buildthey cost a fortune to operate, with every flight hour costing a staggering $163,000 dollars per flight hour and sixty man-hours of maintenance.
F-35 costs about $27K per hour

Excellent thanks. Can't the B-2 carry significantly more payload though? Not that it matters, I only thought of the B-2 because of the picture of it with the possible payloads laid out on the ground around it.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Keegan99 said:

Lots of stuff that's not a Tactical and Strategic Update.

If y'all want to discuss price tags, please go elsewhere.

Mea culpa, I'll stop cluttering the thread
Rosstafari
jabberwalkie09
AG

This exists now. Thanks Russia.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
$6B also translates to 50,000 Stinger missiles or 34,000 Javelin missiles. I'd put my money there.
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/no-joke-us-army-firing-stinger-missiles-javelins-197427
Rosstafari
DallasAg 94
Sully Dog
jabberwalkie09 said:

This exists now. Thanks Russia.
Honestly it makes sense for them to want to seize it. Kind of like us seizing the oil fields in Iraq at the beginning of the 2nd gulf war.

I could see a scenario where desperate losing militiamen say "**** it, Russia doesn't get to keep Ukraine" and blows the dome.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
TX04Aggie
AG
From a timing and logistics standpoint, what is the turn around time assuming that $6B gets sent to Ukranin gov or defence contractors or wherever you would source these. Does there exist a value chain/supply line to get actual goods in Ukranian hands ASAP? I am very ignorant on military supply chain or whatever
Chipotlemonger
AG
WTF India? Come on
Jayhawk
Maybe the UAE should be left to the designs of the Iranians then.
jabberwalkie09
AG
CS78
jabberwalkie09 said:

Waffledynamics said:

Some weapon mounted electronic NV and some handheld thermals there. The hand held units probably aren't the best, but they can be useful. Pretty much all of those units can be bought at your local gun shop here in the states. I do wonder where those came from though.

Airgun hunting rodents with NV and thermal is pretty popular in Europe.
RONA Ag
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Finish that ***** off already
First Page Last Page
Page 58 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.