***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,556,024 Views | 47736 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ABATTBQ11
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Russians going to quit??

Russians are just going to ask for more outrageous stuff.
Who?mikejones!
Rossticus
TRM
AG

Rossticus
jabberwalkie09 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Russians going to quit??

Would buy Ukrainians time if Russia halted advancement during talks.
aeroag14
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Russians going to quit??

Putin: "Give us your eastern provinces, Crimea and land bridge to Crimea as well as reparations for your heinous actions in this war of aggression that you started. Then we are all good"

Zalenskyy: "RUSSIAN PRESIDENT, GO **** YOURSELF!"
Who?mikejones!
Rossticus said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Russians going to quit??

The Ukrainians are about to start taking it to the Russians with an offensive attack. Just my gut. No need to quit now
Spaceship
AG
Declaring sanctions on Putin seems akin the Michael Scott declaring bankruptcy.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Poland has always been one of my favorite countries. Brave people and St. John Paul II's homeland.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
aeroag14
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Rossticus said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Russians going to quit??

The Ukrainians are about to start taking it to the Russians with an offensive attack. Just my gut. No need to quit now

Idk about that. Don't give Putin an excuse to escalate things.
Charpie
AG
Ukrainians remind me of Texans.

Thanks again y'all. You are doing a great job with this thread.
Ags4DaWin
Rossticus said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Russians going to quit??

OR it would Russia time to consolidate forces and prepare further advancement.

3-4 days doesn't do much for Ukraine but does a whole helluvalot for Russia as far as setting up supply lines and getting more tanks ready to go.
Who?mikejones!
I dont think he can. He's lost the initiative. His enemy has been galvanized. His troops aren't apparently good enough.

His supply lines are *****

An offensive attack doesn't give anymore of a reason to escalate than the current tough sledding. But, it might break his troops
jabberwalkie09
AG
aeroag14 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Rossticus said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Russians going to quit??

While I'm skeptical that the Ukrainians could successfully mount an offensive right now, Putin is going to escalate things when it suits his purpose. Frankly I've been surprised that artillery bombardments have been as restrained as they have been.

Maybe that's because of the massive amount of camera phones and social media accounts.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
This still has a LONG time to play out, but I said it earlier in this thread or the other. Russian **** is ***** Why would their military **** be anything other than *****

Rossticus
Mark Fairchild said:

Poland has always been one of my favorite countries. Brave people and St. John Paul !!'s homeland.

Hope JP2 will see fit to come through with intercession on a miracle…
GarryowenAg
AG
TRM said:

I just want to point out that I called this last night.
Who?mikejones!
Yep, Russia needs a break to fix their supply issues and regroup.

Russias plan sounded good on paper. Then the fighting started, the ukes didn't roll over and the plan subsequently went to ***** His forces are too spread out. Just read putin only committed about 60k or so troops to the initial push. So, that's roughly 20k from each direction. What, 10 or so % might be fighters, the rest support. Just not enough manpower.
Rossticus
aeroag14 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Rossticus said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Russians going to quit??

Putin has shown that he doesn't need an excuse.
agmag90
If Ukraine and Russka have a negotiation talk, I suspect it to be more along the lines of Putin basically saying they should give them what they want to reduce loss of life otherwise he'll unleash even more hell. I think Putin may use it to give Ukraine an "out"
Jayhawk
Rossticus said:

Mark Fairchild said:

Poland has always been one of my favorite countries. Brave people and St. John Paul !!'s homeland.

Hope JP2 will see fit to come through with intercession on a miracle…
May have to start a Novena to Our Lady of Victory for the Ukes...
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
aeroag14 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Russians going to quit??

Putin: "Give us your eastern provinces, Crimea and land bridge to Crimea as well as reparations for your heinous actions in this war of aggression that you started. Then we are all good"

Zalenskyy: "RUSSIAN PRESIDENT, GO **** YOURSELF!"

And then zalenskyy goes to the bathroom to retrieve the pistol planted there and comes out blasting.

No chance Russian security has seen The Godfather right?
agent-maroon
AG
ttu_85 said:

Rapier108 said:

Nitro Power said:

Let's put some things in perspective

"Fat Man" was dropped on Nagasaki had a blast yield of 21 kT...the TOPOL-M carries a nuclear warhead that is 500 kT

I don't think I need to explain further why I am 100% certain there will be no nuclear weapons used
Ivan has ICBMs with 20 megatons warheads. Others carry three to five, 5 megaton warheads.
Why ? Are their system still that inaccurate. in 1985 a Pershing II intermediate range BM could fly through the Kremlin window, WhyThe**** do they need anything bigger than 100KT unless their accuracy sucks.

They only other reason is city killing F* them

EMPS. Big blast, big pulse. That and their guidance systems probably still suck.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Who?mikejones!
txags92
AG
TRM said:

That last line is a quote directly from Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising. It is really amazing to me for how old that book is and that it was written about the Soviets, that it really has been proved pretty prescient in predicting how the Russians would attack, and for what reasons they would fail to advance at the speed they had hoped.
Agsuffering@bulaw
I see it differently. Ukraine should consider a deal where they permanently cede crimea, Donbas and Luhansk in exchange for Russsian recognition for their right to join NATO and a promise never to invade again.

It's a crap sandwich, but as good as it will get. Those regions mentioned are already lost and not returning. Frankly, that deal would allow Putin to go home and say he protected ethnic Russian women and children. Otherwise, Putin is too far in to turn back. If nothing else, he will flatten Kyiv and the other major cities like he did in Chechnya. He cannot take a loss. If he does, he ends up living out his last days in a sort of glorified house arrest like Kruschev and Yeltsin did.

That shouldn't be Uke's problem, but it is.

I have plenty of experience brokering deals where the weak party waives their 1% chance of Glory for a viable chance at a normal life.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

That last line is a quote directly from Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising. It is really amazing to me for how old that book is and that it was written about the Soviets, that it really has been proved pretty prescient in predicting how the Russians would attack, and for what reasons they would fail to advance at the speed they had hoped.
Haven't Russian supported separatists been fighting in the Donbas for the last 8 years? Why didn't they take note of the lack of progress there?
Ag_07
AG
So I'm admittedly not well versed in the realm of geopolitics and war tactics but I've been following along because I find it all incredibly interesting.

Why is it really out of the question that Putin would use nukes? He's come this far and I don't see him backing down.

If the Ukraines fight back enough to back him into a corner I don't see it out of the realm of possibility. WTF does he care if he's already being cut off and isolated?

I could see him doing what he needs to do to at least come away with what he wants.

And thanks for those sharing all their knowledge on the subjects at hand. While incredibly sad and heartbreaking for the Ukraines the tactics side to all this is interesting.
BD88
AG
Rossticus
Ukes don't have leverage for that. Russia is about to take the whole enchilada, in his mind. Putin's offer is "give up and I won't kill all of you".
Waffledynamics
AG
Not sure how accurate this is. Anyone seeing anything to corroborate?

aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

It's a crap sandwich, but as good as it will get. Those regions mentioned are already lost and not returning. Frankly, that deal would allow Putin to go home and say he protected ethnic Russian women and children. Otherwise, Putin is too far in to turn back. If nothing else, he will flatten Kyiv and the other major cities like he did in Chechnya. He cannot take a loss. If he does, he ends up living out his last days in a sort of glorified house arrest like Kruschev and Yeltsin did.
He can't do that, not after his claim that all of Ukraine belongs to Russia.
BQ78
AG
Plus they are handy for digging out underground hardened targets.
Who?mikejones!
Who?mikejones!
First Page Last Page
Page 56 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.