***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,557,793 Views | 47738 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by AtticusMatlock
flashplayer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All the Russian websites are up, so apparently Anonymous sucks at what they do.
Rossticus
This really does make sense in retrospect.

AgsMyDude
AG

Random person on Twitter but screenshots of stratotankers nearby
GAC06
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

GAC06 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

javajaws said:

Regarding electricity, I'm guessing two things why they still have some:

1) Russia doesn't want a humanitarian crises on their hand after the Ukraine government falls

and

2) The Ukraine government/military is probably so compromised leaving everybody's electronics on probably gets the Russians MORE intelligence than if the electricity was off.

It's not like they need the electricity for defense or anything.

Russians can triangulate position based on cell signals from what I understand. Having soldiers with phones charged, on, and location positioning on could potentially help Russian units with this capability to locate Ukrainian positions.

Russians should concentrate on turning their own soldiers phones off

Shhhhh don't tell them that it works both ways!!!!

I assume you know, but lots of cell phone/social media geolocation proved Russia was in Donbas when they claimed they weren't.
10thYrSr
It does when you realize that Russia took care of the Bolsheviks, who were jews
jabberwalkie09
AG
GAC06 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

GAC06 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

javajaws said:

Regarding electricity, I'm guessing two things why they still have some:

1) Russia doesn't want a humanitarian crises on their hand after the Ukraine government falls

and

2) The Ukraine government/military is probably so compromised leaving everybody's electronics on probably gets the Russians MORE intelligence than if the electricity was off.

It's not like they need the electricity for defense or anything.

Russians can triangulate position based on cell signals from what I understand. Having soldiers with phones charged, on, and location positioning on could potentially help Russian units with this capability to locate Ukrainian positions.

Russians should concentrate on turning their own soldiers phones off

Shhhhh don't tell them that it works both ways!!!!

I assume you know, but lots of cell phone/social media geolocation proved Russia was in Donbas when they claimed they weren't.

Oh yeah they lied their asses off about that. Don't forget the text message psyops too.
erudite
aeroag14 said:

Ukes have confiscated multiple homing beacons, supposedly planted by russian saboteurs in Kiev
There is a lot of disinformation going around. Both sides are relatively adept at information warfare.
Folks, this is your first look into a 21st century shooting war between relatively modern military powers and not a one sided beat down like Afghanistan/Iraq.

Sit back and enjoy the fireworks show.
ABATTBQ11
AG
They're probably refueling aircraft that have transponders off and are on standby. We have F-35's and other aircraft over there right now ready to kill Russians if they happen to get lost.
Central Committee
AG
Russia will take Ukraine, they have the resources to do it.

But this one will cost them in terms of manpower and equipment.

I would be the first to say that I am really surprised the Ukes are holding this well.

Give 'em hell Ukes!
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Or they didn't want it falling into the wrong hands. Russia arms Syria and all of Israel's enemies. The last thing Israel wants is Russia getting it's hands on Israel's primary age defense system.
Waffledynamics
AG
This guy seems to be pretty in-the-know, and he believe Russia will move on Ukraine today based on gains from the direction of Chernobyl.

Charpie
AG
CNN just played the audio of the Ukes telling the Russian war ship to go **** themselves
Rossticus
ABATTBQ11 said:

Or they didn't want it falling into the wrong hands. Russia arms Syria and all of Israel's enemies. The last thing Israel wants is Russia getting it's hands on Israel's primary age defense system.

Reciprocal agreement.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/russia-nixed-arms-sales-to-israels-enemies-at-its-request-pms-adviser-says/amp/
Who?mikejones!
800 Kia for Russians?
Rossticus

Ukrainians blew a bridge which should impair advancement.
cone
AG
it's crazy to me that the Russians can't fight at night
Faustus
Rossticus said:

This really does make sense in retrospect.

There was a story on the BBC earlier on it, but I can't find it now Hopefully just due to my ineptitude rather than it being taken down.

But Israeli rags have said as much.

Article is a little cheeky.

https://m.jpost.com/international/article-698091/amp
(2/20)

Quote:

Diplomacy is needed to explain Israeli neutrality on Ukraine - analysis
. . . "I believe this is not our business," Liberman said regarding the Russian-Ukrainian tension in a Radio 103 interview. "You have the involvement there of all the powers. Let us not exaggerate our self-importance. The smartest thing we can do is to keep as low a profile as possible, and what needs to interest us is not Ukraine, but rather the nuclear talks in Vienna and that is much more worrisome."
. . .
For those familiar with the Middle East, Israel's position is completely understandable. Russia is now a key player in the region, particularly in Syria, and Israel needs to tiptoe carefully around Moscow if it wants to continue to have the freedom of action it currently enjoys in striking at Iranian assets in Syria to keep Iran and Hezbollah from entrenching themselves there.
. . .

The US has few allies and partners around the world who feel as close to it as Israel, so will Jerusalem be expected to follow Washington's suit and join in these sanctions?

If it did, this would significantly complicate Jerusalem's relationship with Russia, something that the US as an ally of Israel has little interest in seeing.
. . .
Israel joining unprecedentedly tough sanctions against Russia could, conceivably, lead to just that, since it could spell the end to the deconfliction mechanism between Moscow and Jerusalem that has been in place since Russia moved into Syria in 2015.

So far, the US has demonstrated understanding of Israel's situation, and there have been no public calls from Washington for Israel to take sides in this conflict. And it is not as if the US is shy about telling Israel how to handle relations with third countries witness the demands it has made on Israel to limit China's involvement in infrastructure development in Israel.

Rather, this is a sign that the US understands Israel's diplomatic predicament here.

For instance, there was no American public protest when Israel not wanting to irritate the Russians reportedly nixed a Ukrainian request to buy Iron Dome batteries from the US last spring. Since the Iron Dome is a joint Israeli-US project, any transfer of the system to a third country needs the approval of both countries.
. . .

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-torpedoed-sale-of-iron-dome-to-ukraine-fearing-russian-reaction-report/amp/
(2/15)

Quote:

. . . Israel halted an attempt by the US to transfer several batteries of the Iron Dome defense system to Ukraine over worries it would damage its relations with Russia, the Ynet news site reported on Tuesday.
. . .
The Ukrainian government officially asked the Biden administration to transfer Patriot and Iron Dome missiles to Ukraine last spring.

At the time, when then there were no worries of a possible Russian invasion, both Democratic and Republican lawmakers supported the transfer.

However, due to Iron Dome being a joint Israeli-American project, a sale to a third party cannot take place without the approval of both developer countries.

According to the report, Israeli officials made it clear to the US administration in informal talks that it wouldn't agree to the transfer of Iron Dome batteries to Kyiv, fearing it would hurt its relations with Russia, especially in light of Moscow's influence over Syria.

The Ukrainians, in turn, have in recent months made direct requests to the Israeli government and asked for officials to approve the sale.
. . .

Jayhawk
So they lost multiple Mi-8's on that initial airborne assault into Hostomel Airport.. each one of those can carry circa 24 pax (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mil_Mi-8) . Then once on the ground, the surviving VkV paratroopers were wiped out in a counterattack. That would account for a decent amount.

Additionally they lost probably a couple dozen tanks to ATGM fire of various types. There was some nasty back and forth in vicinity of Kharkov where they had a couple columns get ambushed and burnt up.

800 is probably high, but it has not been a good 24 hours for them.

Ukraine still has 1) C2 form its national leadership, 2) IADS, 3) the ability to operate aircraft 4) control over airports IVO Kyiv. The Russians still have the initiative due to overwhelming balance of numbers so its a question of will and attrition.
ABATTBQ11
AG
That's a mistake. They'll regret that once Russia gets what they want.
Eliminatus
AG
Waffledynamics said:

This guy seems to be pretty in-the-know, and he believe Russia will move on Ukraine today based on gains from the direction of Chernobyl.

Just showed MLRSs on the move in the Southeast on his stream. Suspected towards the inner parts of Ukraine.

Russia has further plans for them it seems.
Rossticus

GAC06
AG
Russian trucks look like antiques
jabberwalkie09
AG
Eliminatus
AG
GAC06 said:

Russian trucks look like antiques
Grad BM-21s. Old as **** but pretty venerable. One of the better, albeit simple, weapon systems they probably have all around.
Wrec86 Ag
I was on a plane for two hours and was flipping back and forth between Fox News and CNN for coverage.

CNN blows them out of the water - it's not even close. Hannity was just trying to take every single piece of news and try to hang it around Biden's neck. Just awful.

CNN was straight to the point, little to no opinion given - just this is what is happening as best we can tell and let's have an expert on to tell us what it means.
GAC06
AG
Yeah I got to enjoy a few of those launched at Bastion. Not from an antique truck, but same thing.
Rossticus
redline248
AG
I had a similar observation. CNN doesn't always have the right details, but it hasn't been a good look for Fox. They even had a congressional candidate giving a campaign pitch while discussing Ukraine.
Rossticus
redline248 said:

I had a similar observation. CNN doesn't always have the right details, but it hasn't been a good look for Fox. They even had a congressional candidate giving a campaign pitch while discussing Ukraine.

Fox is really coming across as an overly partisan hack job. That's great if you're covering Politics. But that's not what I'm looking for right now. MSNBC Right. Disappointing.
Furlock Bones
AG
Wrec86 Ag said:

I was on a plane for two hours and was flipping back and forth between Fox News and CNN for coverage.

CNN blows them out of the water - it's not even close. Hannity was just trying to take every single piece of news and try to hang it around Biden's neck. Just awful.

CNN was straight to the point, little to no opinion given - just this is what is happening as best we can tell and let's have an expert on to tell us what it means.

CNN has always been great at conflict coverage. Unfortunately that accounts for a small percentage of their normal network coverage.
GAC06
AG
You guys didn't enjoy Tucker's Putin Propaganda Hour?
TX04Aggie
AG
I tend to flip over to BBC a lot on international issues as well. They are currently going over the individuals and oligarchs that the UK sanctioned and froze out. Pretty interesting.
erudite
Rossticus said:

Z Marking consistent with Russian units out of Crimea. Seems to be BM-21 Grads. Someone stated it was a motor-rifle unit, and thus the likely the 42nd Guards Motor-Rifle Division.
Rossticus
TRM
AG
Rossticus said:

Did Ukraine blow up a bridge forcing them to circle back?
First Page Last Page
Page 36 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.