***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,548,794 Views | 47728 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by 74OA
JobSecurity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This seems like a distinctive component.. one of you aero nerds want to opine?

Jayhawk
Rossticus said:

aeroag14 said:

Rossticus said:

Yep

It's an awesome resource right now!

Incredible. For sure.
link ?
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
Spyderman?
JobSecurity
AG
Jay Reimenschneider said:

Spyderman?
These are not the UFOs he is familiar with
Seabreeze
redline248 said:

The idiots on CNN discussing the thing shot down and many of them saying they are unaware of Ukraine having the capability to shoot down missiles.

They seem to be behind Twitter, lol

They are unaware of many things, they probably think Ukraine is some African country that throw rocks and sticks at helicopters
Love Gun
I'm surprised we're not seeing tons of videos of AAA spraying the sky. You know they have them. Curious if they're absent, destroyed, or being saved to use against ground targets.
**** Joe Biden
Rossticus
Jayhawk said:

Rossticus said:

aeroag14 said:

Rossticus said:

Yep

It's an awesome resource right now!

Incredible. For sure.
link ?

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1PlJQakrDjYJE
Who?mikejones!
jabberwalkie09
AG
GAC06
AG
Or because AAA spraying the sky doesn't do anything useful
Waffledynamics
AG
Love Gun said:

I'm surprised we're not seeing tons of videos of AAA spraying the sky. You know they have them. Curious if they're absent, destroyed, or being saved to use against ground targets.
AAA? Anti-Aircraft Armaments?

Maybe they're trying to conserve ammo?
Who?mikejones!
JB!98
AG
GAC06 said:

They're both pretty darn big, 100,000lb max takeoff weight
I didn't realize they were than big. Thought of them more along the line of a F-15E.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
Jayhawk
Agthatbuilds said:

That last bullet is critical. The Ukrainian Army has turned in an historic and heroic performance on day 1, and shown their countrymen that effective resistance is possible.
erudite
Rapier108 said:

JB!98 said:

Rapier108 said:

erudite said:

KYcatTXaggie said:

If that was a Bomber why is it flying so low? Transport doesn't make a lot of sense either.
Maybe SU-24 on some sort of attack run/SEAD operation?
Or SU-34. Would be nice to have knocked down one of those. It is one of Russia's newer toys. The SU-24 is late 60s vintage.
That looks like a lot more fuel and debris than a fencer or a fullback.
Oh I agree. That's why I said earlier I think it was a TU-22M, if it was a bomber.
No bombs would be the best argument against, unless it was a recon TU-22M. The Russians lost one in Georgia by a Buk in 2008.
crowman2010
AG
Jayhawk said:

Agthatbuilds said:

That last bullet is critical. The Ukrainian Army has turned in an historic and heroic performance on day 1, and shown their countrymen that effective resistance is possible.

...but yet futile
Rossticus
erudite said:

Rapier108 said:

JB!98 said:

Rapier108 said:

erudite said:

KYcatTXaggie said:

If that was a Bomber why is it flying so low? Transport doesn't make a lot of sense either.
Or SU-34. Would be nice to have knocked down one of those. It is one of Russia's newer toys. The SU-24 is late 60s vintage.
Oh I agree. That's why I said earlier I think it was a TU-22M, if it was a bomber.
No bombs would be the best argument against, unless it was a recon TU-22M. The Russians lost one in Georgia by a Buk in 2008.

Speculation that the munitions could have incinerated on the way down.
JobSecurity
AG
JFABNRGR
AG
JB!98 said:

Eliminatus said:

JB!98 said:

erudite said:

JB!98 said:

TX04Aggie said:

Do we know anything about air defence systems in Kyiv to shoot down incoming missiles?
I have no idea, but something just got popped and it seems it was a bad guy. I don't know that a bear would be low enough for a manpad to take it out. Could be wishful thinking on my part, but that sure looks like an aircraft being hit by a SAM of some sort.
See post below you. Looks like S-300 intercept. Tor has "smaller" 15kg warhead.
Does Ukraine have those systems?
Yes. I looked up their order of battle as best I could at the onset of this whole thing. The S300 is the best AA they have with a reported over 30 systems operational. Did see one on fire a while back though in a video. They are good weapons but big and emit all sorts of radiation. These are the things that should have been on Priority Target List 1 from the beginning for Russia.

There is also no doubt in my mind that if these systems still live, Kiev will have some of them.
Ah, I see now. These are mobile systems so hopefully the Ukes were able to squirrel some away for just such an event. Either way, a hard kill on a Russian asset is a good thing.

It could also be a collision and not a shoot down, but I would prefer a shoot down….a bunch of them honestly.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
2wealfth Man
AG
Ukrainian plane was what was shot down in video. Russian SAM got it.
erudite
Love Gun said:

Ukrainians don't have CWIS. The Russians Pantsir system entered service in 1995. The Ukrainians are stuck with ZSU-23-4 Shilka and whatever we gave them.
The Shilka has a unfortunate habit of cooking off its entire ammo rack if continuously fired. as a matter of fact, there's a video of it online of its successor the Tunguska with that same issue:

Who?mikejones!
redline248
AG
CNN now saying that it was a Ukrainian jet shot down by Russian SAM. The guy in Kiev says he got the info from Ukr defense source
rathAG05
AG
CNN reporting it was a Ukrainian War plane. Confirmed by a UkrainMinister.
Jayhawk
crowman2010 said:

Jayhawk said:

Agthatbuilds said:

...but yet futile
It's not futile. Even if they lose the conventional fight, heroic resistance begets martyrs which fortifies the national identity. The Irish lost a lot of battles and wars but the memory of their heros persisted until they won independence.

The Russians have got a bloody nose and have been humiliated on day 1. Elite VkV being run off the Antonov Design Bureau field fleeing into the forest was not in the based chessmaster's master plan.
GarryowenAg
AG
JobSecurity said:

CNN is also saying a Uke SU-27 was simultaneously shot down in the same location by a Russian SAM. (Per a reporter relaying a message from a Defense Minister.)
Rossticus
JobSecurity said:

That's in addition to the Bomber. Multi-engine aircraft definitely seems to have gone down.
Waffledynamics
AG
crowman2010 said:

Jayhawk said:

Agthatbuilds said:

...but yet futile
Tell that to the Fins.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_War
The Kraken
AG
CNN reporter in Kiev saying Ukraine reporting it was a Ukraine SU-27 shot down by Russian forces
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
Rapier108
And why would there be a Russian SAM inside Kiev?
outofstateaggie
AG
New World Ag said:

CNN reporter in Kiev saying Ukraine reporting it was a Ukraine SU-27 shot down by Russian forces

BS…they're reading this thread.
crowman2010
AG
Jayhawk said:

crowman2010 said:

Jayhawk said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Russians are toying with Ukraine...
...but yet futile
It's not futile. Even if they lose the conventional fight, heroic resistance begets martyrs which fortifies the national identity. The Irish lost a lot of battles and wars but the memory of their heros persisted until they won independence.

The Russians have got a bloody nose and have been humiliated on day 1. Elite VkV being run off the Antonov Design Bureau field fleeing into the forest was not in the based chessmaster's master plan.
erudite
Rossticus said:

erudite said:

Rapier108 said:

JB!98 said:

Rapier108 said:

erudite said:

KYcatTXaggie said:

Speculation that the munitions could have incinerated on the way down.
Shouldn't that cause secondary explosions?
Regardless of what that was, I think Putin will not be happy. He either just lost an expensive missile headed toward a critical target, a strategic bomber, or some sort of transport aircraft airdropping into Kiyv. None of which are good.
aeroag14
AG
New World Ag said:

there were multiple things shot down. Couple smaller objects. Either cruise missiles or fighters. And one larger plane. A multi jet larger (bomberesque) plane.
JobSecurity
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 33 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.