***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,546,811 Views | 47728 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by 74OA
oneeyedag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
baron_von_awesome said:

Little Rock Ag said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

Rossticus said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Rossticus said:

Russians have been trying to establish offensive support emplacement (missiles or artillery) among Chernobyl ruins in order to make themselves essentially untouchable. Filthy mother ****ers.

Kinda brilliant. Use the radiation as a shield against shelling and bombing

Yeah. Brilliant but incredibly irresponsible. And only brilliant until they're too effective and someone says "**** it". If they're killing you now then you might as well take your chance with radiation.
Seems like the equivalent of planting a a low yield dirty bomb.

I'm no expert but I think there is probably a fairly lengthy time that properly equipped troops can linger in the vicinity of the power plant. Don't get me wrong**I** would not want to be there but that's just my amateur analysis based on what I've heard.
You can take a tour of the place, well at least before the war started.

Probably still can even with a war. Seems like anyone with a SM page is out wandering the streets filming.
redline248
AG
Eliminatus said:

Zelensky says 137 Ukrainian soldiers have been killed since Russian invasion began

From CNN's Tim Lister and Oleksandra Ochman in Kyiv
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said late Thursday that according to preliminary figures, at least 137 Ukrainian soldiers had been killed since the Russian invasion began early on Thursday, and 316 soldiers have been wounded.
In a video message posted on his Facebook account, Zelensky said other states were "afraid" to support Ukraine's accession to NATO.
Quote:

Sounding somber and looking tired, Zelensky went on: "Who is ready to guarantee Ukraine's accession to NATO? Honestly, everyone is afraid."
"I asked all the partners of the state if they are with us. They are with us, but they are not ready to take us into an alliance with them," he said.

Quote:

"No matter how many conversations I had with foreign leaders, I heard a few things. The first is that we are supported. I am grateful to each state that helps us concretely, not just in words. But there is a second we are left alone to defend our state. Who is ready to fight with us? Honestly I do not see," Zelensky said.
"Today I asked the 27 leaders of Europe whether Ukraine will be in NATO, I asked directly. Everyone is afraid, does not answer. And we are not afraid, we are not afraid of anything," Zelensky said.
Did I miss something? Did Ukraine officially push for inclusion into NATO? I know there was talk of it but thought that was it. just talk.
I don't know if you can get any more official that what Zelensky describes in that quote.
2wealfth Man
AG
This dam was in fact blown. RUS tanks cannot cross river. Force 10 from Navarrone stuff.

Quote:

A dam on the Siversky Donets River could be blown up in the village of Pechenihy of Kharkiv region. People are being asked to leave coastal areas that could be flooded. This was reported by the press center of the Pechenihy village council.
2wealfth Man
AG
Russian forces now marshalling mobile 155's to cross border. Those are bad boys.

fightingfarmer09
Ukraine is proving to be the "Texas of Europe". Them and Poland should be in charge.
jabberwalkie09
AG

Stop ****ing around near the nuclear stuff.
Sharpshooter
AG
2wealfth Man said:

Russian forces now marshalling mobile 155's to cross border. Those are bad boys.

Hopefuly, those are dead boys..
BadMoonRisin
AG
Thanks, Old Rivalries board
Rossticus
redline248 said:

Eliminatus said:

Zelensky says 137 Ukrainian soldiers have been killed since Russian invasion began

From CNN's Tim Lister and Oleksandra Ochman in Kyiv
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said late Thursday that according to preliminary figures, at least 137 Ukrainian soldiers had been killed since the Russian invasion began early on Thursday, and 316 soldiers have been wounded.
In a video message posted on his Facebook account, Zelensky said other states were "afraid" to support Ukraine's accession to NATO.
Quote:

Sounding somber and looking tired, Zelensky went on: "Who is ready to guarantee Ukraine's accession to NATO? Honestly, everyone is afraid."
"I asked all the partners of the state if they are with us. They are with us, but they are not ready to take us into an alliance with them," he said.

Quote:

"No matter how many conversations I had with foreign leaders, I heard a few things. The first is that we are supported. I am grateful to each state that helps us concretely, not just in words. But there is a second we are left alone to defend our state. Who is ready to fight with us? Honestly I do not see," Zelensky said.
"Today I asked the 27 leaders of Europe whether Ukraine will be in NATO, I asked directly. Everyone is afraid, does not answer. And we are not afraid, we are not afraid of anything," Zelensky said.
Did I miss something? Did Ukraine officially push for inclusion into NATO? I know there was talk of it but thought that was it. just talk.
I don't know if you can get any more official that what Zelensky describes in that quote.

The world is afraid of Russia. Instead of standing together with overwhelming, insurmountable threat of force we cower while a tiny country with limited military and everyday people who're handed guns refuse to surrender in the face of annihilation.

If we eventually stood united, Putin would be forced to back down. But we're not going to do that because of the slim yet potentially catastrophic risk that entails.

Make of that what you will.

fightingfarmer09
oneeyedag said:

baron_von_awesome said:

Little Rock Ag said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

Rossticus said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Rossticus said:

Russians have been trying to establish offensive support emplacement (missiles or artillery) among Chernobyl ruins in order to make themselves essentially untouchable. Filthy mother ****ers.

Kinda brilliant. Use the radiation as a shield against shelling and bombing

Yeah. Brilliant but incredibly irresponsible. And only brilliant until they're too effective and someone says "**** it". If they're killing you now then you might as well take your chance with radiation.
Seems like the equivalent of planting a a low yield dirty bomb.

I'm no expert but I think there is probably a fairly lengthy time that properly equipped troops can linger in the vicinity of the power plant. Don't get me wrong**I** would not want to be there but that's just my amateur analysis based on what I've heard.
You can take a tour of the place, well at least before the war started.

Probably still can even with a war. Seems like anyone with a SM page is out wandering the streets filming.

In a way it's probably all they can do. Document the carnage so no one forgets.

My coworker asked for any work I could send him to keep him busy. Otherwise I assume he is just staring out the window in worry.
Waffledynamics
AG
Keep in mind, everyone, that reports "from the battlefield" are often propaganda. Ukraine or Russia could be being the crap beat out of them and still have tales of success and heroism ringing out in legacy and social media.
Seabreeze
fightingfarmer09 said:

Ukraine is proving to be the "Texas of Europe". Them and Poland should be in charge.

Poland seems to be the only one's who knows what's at stake. I think they are more involved than people know.
buzzardb267
AG
NM
Rossticus
Seabreeze said:

fightingfarmer09 said:

Poland seems to be the only one's who no what's at stake. I think they a more involved than people know

Eastern Europe is what the US was, spiritually, in many respects. The US that many of us were taught that we are growing up, is clearly dead. Things change I suppose.

How would the Cold War have gone if we took the approach then that we take now? And USSR was MUCH stronger than modern day Russia.

htownag10
AG
BadMoonRisin
AG
Well, the entire world was so risk averse they destroyed the entire global supply chain and economy over a cold virus that has a 99.7% survival rate for most healthy people....are you surprised that there is no stomach for a hot war?
Agsuffering@bulaw
The Soviet satellite forces were effectively slave armies. Other than the elite units, the regular conscripts would have done enough for their families not to be punished on account of them.

Now, they are free armies fighting for their families to remain free. Big difference.
Rossticus
Charpie
AG
This thread is awesome. Keep up the great work, y'all
Rossticus
Really going out on a limb, aren't you Blinkey?

TexasAggiesWin
S
Seeing reports that Russian bombers are en route…. Damn
AggieKO
AG
If I was Ukraine I would pick the city closest to Poland and set up a last stand. Hope a stray missile brings in the big boys.
aggiehawg
AG
Rossticus said:

Aw crap. We are doomed. Mayorkas is a disaster.
htownag10
AG
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Nitro Power
AG
I don't know if he would back down though. I always said nuclear weapons would never be used. However, if Putin gets embarrassed on the world stage with nothing to lose? He very well could.
Rossticus
Reports of Russian tanks firing on civilian vehicles trying to flee.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Nitro Power
AG
Man...this is shaping up to be a bloody mess. Especially with Ukraine giving them hell.
Rossticus
Nitro Power said:

I don't know if he would back down though. I always said nuclear weapons would never be used. However, if Putin gets embarrassed on the world stage with nothing to lose? He very well could.

Putin doesn't want to die. He's rich and powerful. He has nothing to rule over if Moscow is glassed. His legacy is trashed if Russia is ended and invaded by the west. He's pushing us because we're slaves to fear. And he knows this. He's KGB but he's not BSC.
TwoMarksHand
AG
aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

What does this tweet mean? Threat of Rusky cyberwar with US?
Rossticus
TwoMarksHand said:

aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

What does this tweet mean? Threat of Rusky cyberwar with US?

No idea. There has to be intel that precipitated it but I've got no idea WHAT that intel may suggest.
amercer
AG
There were a lot of Soviets that didn't want to die either, and thought that firing nukes first was the best way to prevent it.
First Page Last Page
Page 26 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.