***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,541,713 Views | 47724 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by Ag with kids
Houston Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
amercer said:

Well, Ukraine still seems to exist this morning which is more than I expected. Every day this drags on is a loss for Russia.
This is going to drag on for a long time. Russia may be able to knock some stuff out and destroy military targets, but there WILL be a Ukrainian Resistance. This will not be a long term cake-walk for Russia. Not sure how long Russia can keep this going. What will this all look like in 6-9 months? Who knows, but Russia will pay a huge price economically and in the world.

This is the end of Putin. I just don't see how they can hold onto Ukraine long term.
Rossticus
Rossticus

Kozmozag
Pilots?
Rossticus
No clue
Rossticus
amercer
AG
Does Russia have 15 year old pilots? You forget that almost all the actual fighting falls to very young men.
Irish 2.0
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
Child on the left. Globalists and elites suck.
Rossticus
Jay Reimenschneider said:

Putin is definitely an elite but not much of a Globalist.
htownag10
AG
After this, what's going to stop putin from going after Finland. Another non-nato country on his boarder. If you saw his speech from a few days ago. He wants all the republics back.
Love Gun
Jay Reimenschneider said:

That dude is at least nineteen.

These aren't pilots. Pilots usually aren't strapped with AK's and bayonets, nor do they fly with those types of uniforms. The red tape is meant to identify certain roles/responsibilities. The older guy might be an NCO. They weren't trying to be very tactical with the red tape and patches.
**** Joe Biden
Rossticus
htownag10 said:

After this, what's going to stop putin from going after Finland. Another non-nato country on his boarder. If you saw his speech from a few days ago. He wants all the republics back.

Putin
fixer
Only thing to stop him is either 1) resources like energy ammo food and supplies or 2) a countervailing force.
Carlo4
AG
Rossticus said:

htownag10 said:

Putin

Sweden and Finland to meet with NATO Friday.
Engine10
AG
htownag10 said:

I work for a Finnish company, actively planning succession/business continuity. This movement has set off too much of a warning
Rossticus
McInnis 03
AG
Engine10 said:

htownag10 said:

I work for a Finnish company, actively planning succession/business continuity. This movement has set off too much of a warning

Rossticus
fixer said:

Only thing to stop him is either 1) resources like energy ammo food and supplies or 2) a countervailing force.

He's not getting stopped. Because he's got 1) and we're not going to provide 2).
No Spin Ag
Rossticus said:

htownag10 said:

Putin

Exactly. None of the NATO countries are doing anything that will actually rebuff the military actions he's taking, so the only one to stop him is himself, and I don't see that happening. He's smart enough not to attack a NATO country, which allows him to pick up all the other countries one at a time.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
amercer
AG
Finland seems a lot more European.
amercer
AG
Also, I'm not sure he has enough troops to really occupy Ukraine. Putin might want to gobble up a bunch of countries on his European flank, but this isn't the Soviet army of 1945.
Engine10
AG
Precisely. And our oil products business primarily buys Russian. Flipping that slate to North Sea almost immediately, fortunately that was already underway
Irish 2.0
rgag12
AG
amercer said:

Also, I'm not sure he has enough troops to really occupy Ukraine. Putin might want to gobble up a bunch of countries on his European flank, but this isn't the Soviet army of 1945.

I think Putin will be happy with taking Kiev, toppling a lot of the government there, and occupying a lot of eastern Ukraine.

My guess is that you'll see a Ukrainian puppet government set up once Kiev falls and the current government holding out in west Ukraine. That civil war will last a long time
Who?mikejones!
Rossticus
Rossticus
rgag12 said:

amercer said:

I think Putin will be happy with taking Kiev, toppling a lot of the government there, and occupying a lot of eastern Ukraine.

My guess is that you'll see a Ukrainian puppet government set up once Kiev falls and the current government holding out in west Ukraine. That civil war will last a long time

No. Putin is taking the whole thing. Period. I appreciate your optimism though.
G Martin 87
AG
htownag10 said:

Finland is not a historical buffer for a push towards Moscow. Ukraine is. Moreover, Finland was not a Soviet controlled republic like Estonia, Latvia, or Lithuania.
rgag12
AG
Rossticus said:

rgag12 said:

amercer said:

Unless the Ukrainian military is on par with Iraq I don't think Russia can fight and occupy all of Ukraine. It's much more likely Putin takes eastern Ukraine and sets up a puppet government to his liking
Rossticus
rgag12 said:

Rossticus said:

rgag12 said:

amercer said:

Unless the Ukrainian military is on par with Iraq I don't think Russia can fight and occupy all of Ukraine. It's much more likely Putin takes eastern Ukraine and sets up a puppet government to his liking

Putin is not going to leave loose ends. Lessons were learned in Afghanistan.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Good morning, can anyone give an update on the current lines or a guess as to the areas that Russians control? Any amphib landings?
Ghost Mech
Compilation video of attacks...1:40 min looks like a monster bomb was dropped on a military base.

jabberwalkie09
AG
Carlo4
AG
G Martin 87 said:

htownag10 said:

Finland is not a historical buffer for a push towards Moscow. Ukraine is. Moreover, Finland was not a Soviet controlled republic like Estonia, Latvia, or Lithuania.

Russian Empire lost Finland in WW1
First Page Last Page
Page 8 of 1364

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.