***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,538,003 Views | 47718 Replies | Last: 43 min ago by Gilligan
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rossticus
Rossticus
Irish 2.0
****ing cowards won't do what needs to be done to save lives and end this…
Eliminatus
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Long thread but he has a point in sensors and nav capabilities.

Would make sense if the Ukes are adopting a policy of deny the Russians as long as possible. Still think this is the best tactical decision they can make. Deny them on every front, draw them in where Russian supply lines will be most stretched and then dig in and fight.

If I were the top commander of the Ukes my goal would be to buy time (only knowing what I know of course). That is their most crucial commodity right now and they can afford to sacrifice land for now if it keeps their forces intact and combat effective.

Deny, deny, deny. Such an incredibly useful tactic throughout history. Just my armchair QB'ing though.

Ok off to bed for real now.
jabberwalkie09
AG

I'd say that's a confirmation of them digging in for urban combat.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

****ing cowards won't do what needs to be done to save lives and end this…

Jesus. I assume that other than war they're concerned about their own economies? Perhaps this will just highlight that NATO is impotent after all.
Irish 2.0
$30B of bank exposure is a drop in the bucket compared to the costs of a prolonged war in Ukraine and the weight it will have on the global economy. Subsidize the banks losses with seized Russian assets if that's the concern. Hell, won't be able to get the $30B back if they go broke fighting s prolonged campaign
Skillet Shot
I wonder how much of the EU's lack of response is due to the fact that they are dependent on Russian oil and gas for energy needs.
Irish 2.0

Kenneth_2003
AG
Skillet Shot said:

I wonder how much of the EU's lack of response is due to the fact that they are dependent on Russian oil and gas for energy needs.
was about to post just that.

Squeeze Putin too hard and he'll freeze you to death.
Irish 2.0
Winter is wrapping up in Europe and their inventories aren't in bad shape. It could be done.
jabberwalkie09
AG
It's not a straight no? That's actually surprising.
jabberwalkie09
AG
B-1 83
AG
Where are some crazy suicide bombers when you need them? Every road in eastern Ukraine should be lined with IEDs by now. Make this a Russian Hell.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Irish 2.0

Irish 2.0

Rossticus
Rossticus
Russia beginning strike on Kyiv
cone
AG
much better thread here

claiming denazification as a pretense was a mistake
Rossticus
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
I hope he's right, but we lost 750 men in just one training exercise in WW2. The war machine cares little about a few deaths/equipment losses. I'm sure these are expected losses.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Jay Reimenschneider said:

I hope he's right, but we lost 750 men in just one training exercise in WW2. The war machine cares little about a few deaths/equipment losses. I'm sure these are expected losses.

Ukraine won't last till this time next week.
Engine10
AG
Definitely in the calculated losses, but this was likely the only chance Ukraine had. Can't stop them from rolling the border / flying the airspace, but keep picking away at assets and bleed out the effort.
Rossticus
NATO Sec Gen just officially announced (not that there was much question) that they will not offer any assistance of any kind to Ukraine. So, at least Ukraine can dispense with hope and embrace despair. Heartbreaking to see them come to the realization on social media that they're dead men walking.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
Sorry man, but why would nato come to their assistance if they aren't a part of NATO?
BlackGoldAg2011
AG

Sorry man, but why would nato come to their assistance if they aren't a part of NATO?
they definitely aren't obligated to, but while defending Ukraine may not be directly in NATOs obligation or even interest, the argument could be made that it is in NATOs interest to not have a Russia that feels they can invade a sovereign nation with impunity as a next door neighbor. Basically take the fight on someone else's turf to ensure you don't have to fight it at home. I don't know if that's enough of a reason, but it is an argument that at least holds some sway with me.
B-1 83
AG
Rossticus said:

NATO Sec Gen just officially announced (not that there was much question) that they will not offer any assistance of any kind to Ukraine. So, at least Ukraine can dispense with hope and embrace despair. Heartbreaking to see them come to the realization on social media that they're dead men walking.
Perhaps no overt help……hopefully there are folks there to help advise and make it a meat grinder for Russia in terms of IEDs, snipers, etc…..
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Carlo4
AG
cone said:

much better thread here

claiming denazification as a pretense was a mistake

Bombing a Jewish city in Ukraine doesn't help him either.

Looking forward to when Putin is assassinated by his own people. He and his kind must go immediately.
Houston Lee
AG
Rossticus

I'm not commenting on should or shouldn't. I'm just saying that a lot of those people thought that if they fought, the decency of humanity would spur help against an unjust and heinous act against them. They were wrong. Many will die. They're coming to grips with that.

"You're not in NATO" isn't going to ease their minds as they watch their friends and family die. Put yourself in their shoes for a sec and think like a human being.
Rossticus
No idea what this means but I'm sure it'll be disappointing to all involved in several ways.

amercer
AG
Well, Ukraine still seems to exist this morning which is more than I expected. Every day this drags on is a loss for Russia.
Rossticus
Wow. Switzerland allowed us to fly two B-52s through their airspace. That's really something.
First Page Last Page
Page 7 of 1364

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.