***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,587,437 Views | 47807 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by ABATTBQ11
74OA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wasn't aware that Mykolaiv is Ukraine's second largest port. No wonder the Ukrainians moved so quickly to occupy the spit that controls access to its entrance.

OPEN
JFABNRGR
AG
Rossticus said:

RIP HEROES.

Thanks for posting this says alot.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
74OA
AG
SIAP

74OA
AG
Little New Zealand kicking in, too. ASSISTANCE
Rossticus
FriscoKid
AG
Rossticus said:

Rossticus
Rossticus
docb
AG
Those missile barrages from Russia are not going to change the outcome of this war, especially at this point. I do wish we would give Ukraine the ability to completely demolish some long range targets like the Kerch bridge. As long as the strikes are kept in Crimea and close to Ukraine I really don't think there would be any escalation. It would just hasten the end to this war.
Robert C. Christian
AG
docb said:

Those missile barrages from Russia are not going to change the outcome of this war, especially at this point. I do wish we would give Ukraine the ability to completely demolish some long range targets like the Kerch bridge. As long as the strikes are kept in Crimea and close to Ukraine I really don't think there would be any escalation. It would just hasten the end to this war.

Uh, will this one change it?
No Spin Ag
Robert C. Christian said:

docb said:

Uh, will this one change it?

This might help crank things to 11. Popcorn and all that.
74OA
AG
Update on latest Russian missile volleys. DARKNESS
Rossticus
Yeah. That's suboptimal. Ukraine probably about to get those jets they've been asking for now. And the Poles are going to want a pound of flesh. I don't see how this doesn't garner some significant level of response, even if it's only in increased weapons and tech.
Rossticus
LMCane
BattleGrackle said:

Maybe I'm falling for some sort of scheme to foment hatred, but the more of this i see, the more convinced I am that Russia is a trash country full of trash people.
Uh, the fact that we have been posting here for months how the Russkies are recruiting and drafting murderers from prison camps in Siberia didn't tip you off?
docb
AG
Could get interesting
AgBank
AG
Significant Georgian representation.
Ag In Ok
AG
docb said:

Could get interesting

Maybe Poland creates a buffer zone in western Ukraine with their Air Force and ADA.
I would suspect a retaliatory strike would be off the table.
LMCane
Waffledynamics said:

how many more Uke strategic victories will it take -

before Russia runs out of their "dang we lost again!!" missile barrages
Rossticus
Ag In Ok said:

docb said:

Could get interesting

Maybe Poland creates a buffer zone in western Ukraine with their Air Force and ADA.

No retaliation but exactly what I was thinking. Secure airspace/buffer zone in eastern Ukraine. Definitely increases likelihood of escalating conflict but after civilian deaths you HAVE to implement a strong response and this is your only option outside of an offensive reaction.
Rossticus
Clearly was headed to Lviv from Belarus.
P.U.T.U
AG
That means at the least they missed by over 3 miles, more realistically it is 7-10+ miles from the closest Uke town of consequence. Let's see how Poland responds
Rossticus
If there had been no casualties they probably would have Sabre rattled and increased air defend weapons to Ukraine. With civ deaths, something more drastic necessarily has to happen because with the frequency of Russian missile barrages, Polish citizenry's (at least in border areas) sense of security is now out the window.
lobopride
nevermind I suck at geography.
JFABNRGR
AG
Rossticus said:

Ag In Ok said:

docb said:

Could get interesting

No retaliation but exactly what I was thinking. Secure airspace/buffer zone in eastern Ukraine. Definitely increases likelihood of escalating conflict but after civilian deaths you HAVE to implement a strong response and this is your only option outside of an offensive reaction.
Keep in mind this isn't just 2 missiles and 2 Polish deaths, this is also a significant number of refugees who will be leaving Ukraine for Poland given all of the utility outages and continued missile strikes.

IMO harsh & direct retaliation is fully justified and a means to an end of this war.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
74OA
AG
Remember Zelensky's shout-out to Russia:

"Do you still think that we are 'one nation?' Do you still think that you can scare us, break us, make us make concessions?"

"Read my lips: Without gas or without you? Without you. Without light or without you? Without you. Without water or without you? Without you. Without food or without you? Without you," Zelensky wrote.

"Cold, hunger, darkness and thirst are not as scary and deadly for us as your 'friendship and brotherhood,'" he added. "But history will put everything in its place. And we will be with gas, light, water and food … and WITHOUT you!"

NEVER
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Yeah, I think this makes Poland want some retribution. You CANNOT let this go as a one off, there needs to be severe consequences since civilians were impacted if verified. Why have Article 5 if you are just going to saber rattle?

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
DCPD158
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Yeah, I think this makes Poland want some retribution. You CANNOT let this go as a one off, there needs to be severe consequences since civilians were impacted if verified. Why have Article 5 if you are just going to saber rattle?
I think Belarus is gonna get a missile visit at the launch point
74OA
AG

Unlikely in the extreme that this was an attack, and accidents don't trigger Article 5.

If Russia wanted to start WWIII, it would do more than hit a remote village with two errant missiles.

Cooler heads will prevail.

Rossticus
Agreed. Unintentional incident that will trigger indirect response but not retaliation.
aezmvp
74OA said:

Unlikely in the extreme that this was an attack, and accidents don't trigger Article 5.

If Russia wanted to start WWIII, it would do more than hit a remote village with two errant missiles.

Cooler heads will prevail.

I can guarantee that there would be a significant number of NATO members that would refuse Article V over this. I suspect that they will start sending/selling tanks and other items currently off the table. You could see ATACAMS or some other stand off weapons will be in Uke hands within weeks.
aezmvp
First Page Last Page
Page 930 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.