***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,593,357 Views | 47830 Replies | Last: 13 sec ago by txags92
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Towed howitzers? Russian counterbattery fire will get them, I am afraid.

The Ukes need shoot and scoot artillery like the French CAESAR system.
“If you’re going to have crime it should at least be organized crime”
-Havelock Vetinari
P.H. Dexippus
AG
denazification 1945

"denazification" 2022
chickencoupe16
AG
GAC06 said:

18 guns at a max rate of fire for a proficient crew of four rounds per minute aren't going to fire 40,000 rds anytime soon, especially with opposition

All of those guns, firing at the sustained rate of fire, 24/7, with no losses or logistical issues would last 36 days.

While I agree that 18 guns aren't gonna use up 40,000 rounds terribly soon, I think your math is off quite a bit. At 4 rounds/gun/minute, you would need 3.7 million rounds to last 36 days. At that rate, 40,000 rounds would only last 9 hours.
GAC06
AG
4 rounds per minute maximum with a trained and proficient crew. 2 rounds per minute sustained. In no case could they just volley fire all 40k rounds at once. Thanks for your input.

Firing at the theoretical sustained or maximum rate isn't remotely realistic.
JFABNRGR
AG
Great detail thanks.

For all you redhead aficionados, here is the Christian in action again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RussiaUkraineWar2022/comments/u5arcp/russian_tigr_seized_in_chernihiv/
PJYoung
AG
Rossticus
Good bot account to follow on Twitter if you want real-time indications of where there's intense activity. Pinpoints and tweets flash data. Not perfect but very insightful nonetheless.

Rapier108
As long as there are no double flashes.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rossticus
Not sure if same or different unit as previously reported. Either way, great acquisition and gray pic of the new "owners".

Rossticus
Rossticus
Jetpilot86
AG
aggiehawg said:

Anybody seen this? Confirmation?

That's a 747. Based on what I think the tail number is, that's a US airplane belonging to Kalitta. Not likely at this point.
Rossticus
Our fav Russia Bro is back up and running. I got through a few posts and after flipping through comments my eyes rolled so far back in my head that they almost got stuck so I had to stop. Anyway, Russia bagged another Brit expat married to a Ukrainian.

Rossticus
Ukrainian civilians die when occupied by Russia: Ukraine deliberately murdered their own civilians (even though it makes no sense).

Two mysterious helicopters REPORTEDLY fly into BFE Russia and just shoot up a bunch of civilians where any military target is denied to exist: Ukraine deliberately murdered Russian civilians (even though it makes no sense).

I can't go any farther down the Russian rabbit hole. The absurd degree of overly pervasive cognitive dissonance nearly literally gives me a headache.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
One thing we tend to overlook in the midst of all the overt violence and tragedy is the even greater, more outsized control over global energy and food supplies Russia will have if they ultimately take Ukraine. I'm too tired to elaborate, but as you can imagine, that would be bad.
Rossticus

Rossticus
"Kharkiv tonight after heavy Russian terrorist attacks.
No better than ISIS, this regime..."

Rossticus
Rossticus
Jetpilot86
AG
Rossticus said:

One thing we tend to overlook in the midst of all the overt violence and tragedy is the even greater, more outsized control over global energy and food supplies Russia will have if they ultimately take Ukraine. I'm too tired to elaborate, but as you can imagine, that would be bad.
The cliff notes are that Europe's 2nd most O&G reserves & most arable land belong to Ukraine.
BusterAg
AG
CondensedFoggyAggie said:

Fresh graves in Irpin, around 1200~1500.

Remember, this is but one of many mass grave locations around the entire country.
Can someone help me understand the colorful shield looking things? Cursory internet search came up empty.
74OA
AG
60 mile truck backup. BORDER
unmade bed
Jetpilot86 said:

Rossticus said:

The cliff notes are that Europe's 2nd most O&G reserves & most arable land belong to Ukraine.

Weird how places with few resources never require denazifaction.
FamousAgg
Also never need to be investigated for WMDs
agent-maroon
AG
BattleGrackle said:

Also never need to be investigated for WMDs

WMDs are expensive. No resources means no money to fund weapons programs.

But yeah, I get the reference...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
G Martin 87
AG
Wargaming predicts stalemate ahead as neither Ukraine nor Russia will have the ability to maintain offensives soon.

https://mwi.usma.edu/wargaming-a-long-war-ukraine-fights-on/

Putin's overarching goal in all of his previous military actions has been to restore Russian national identity and glory by reversing the collapse of the Soviet/Russian Union/Federation. If protracted stalemate is the future in Ukraine, I just find it very hard to believe that he won't resort to a tactical nuke in a desperate attempt to win. The rhetoric on both sides has ramped up to the point where a negotiated settlement will not satisfy him.
WesMaroon&White
AG

On a side note, these people are funny. I guess they make videos to show Putin they are there fighting. I wonder if it is a contractual requirement for payment to the Chechen leader for his people. The videos are obvious that they are not fighting against anyone.
agent-maroon
AG
Wargaming also predicted a russian victory in hours to days, so who really knows?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agent-maroon
AG
WesMaroon&White said:

On a side note, these people are funny. I guess they make videos to show Putin they are there fighting. I wonder if it is a contractual requirement for payment to the Chechen leader for his people. The videos are obvious that they are not fighting against anyone.

They're there to terrorize civilians with murder & rape. Fighting and dying is for the conscripts.
MeatDr
AG
MeatDr
AG
MeatDr
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 501 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.