Biden Threatens Gun Owners with F-15s and Nuclear Weapons

30,324 Views | 221 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Tom Doniphon
BoydCrowder13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Old Army Ghost said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

waitwhat? said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

waitwhat? said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Army Ghost said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Army Ghost said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Tom Doniphon said:

What'd your president mean with that BS he's spewing? What's your take?

I recognize he's the president of the United States. He's certainly not my guy though. I didn't vote for him and I don't agree with him on guns.

I do think technology has passed the original intent of the 2nd amendment by though. It would be difficult for the populace to truly defend themselves from a tyrannical US government in 2021 if they truly put their mind to hurting citizens and the military didn't pick sides. That's just my honest take. People might hold out for a while but you'd likely just see several dozen Branch Dovidian scenarios.
taliban says hello

Unless American citizens were willing to survive in caves for 10 years and stoop to Taliban tactics (suicide bombers every day), it is an apples to oranges comparison.
why would they not against a tyranical government?

You think Americans that have never shot a gun at a living person would have the immorality or resolve to use women or children as suicide bombs? Or that you'd even condone that? Never would happen here and I'm proud of that.

For f***s sake dude there are Americans that torture animals on a regular basis, and worse than that (not even the same ballpark) torture other humans. This happens in real world America TODAY, and it happens while we punish it as the worst crimes that people can commit.

It blows me away that people like you ignore how evil so many people are. Take a walk through your neighborhood tomorrow. There is a very good chance that at least one of your neighbors would do horrific things if they thought they could get away with it, let alone it being condoned by an evil government.

Grow up. People are both good and evil. We hope most are good, but a shocking number are evil. Western civilization isn't that much different than the 1930s.

It's the people that think we're past evil that are the enablers of evil.

Thank God we'll have constitutional carry in September in Texas.

Think you are a little confused by my example. I have no doubt there are many evil people out there. My comment was that I don't think and hope that Americans fighting a tyrannical government would use children as suicide bombs. At least I pray not.

So if not, it doesn't make much sense to compare US citizens to the Taliban zealots in terms of tactics.

And if we ever stopped to such tactics, that is not the side I'd be in for sure.

I see. I did misunderstand what you said. But I also think you went to an extreme with what you were responding to, where he didn't mean Patriots would use children as shields, but that they might be willing to live in caves if need be to fight. And you created an equivalency.

The reason we couldn't win in Afghanistan is the same reason we couldn't win in Vietnam. We were fighting an enemy willing to do horrific things, evil things to their own people to outlast their enemy. Trained from decades of war and famine to survive horrible conditions and programmed by their leadership to sacrifice their lives and families to destroy the enemy.

Americans by and large are not like that. While we certainly have hardened and evil individuals among us, most are led by a morality that would balk at ever considering comparable tactics. Most have never experienced war or even hunger. Or even life without AC.

That's why I chuckle at the "if the Taliban could fight off the US government, we could too!" comments that pop up. It is such a false equivalency in terms of morality, culture, mindset and experience.
you said we killed thousands and wounded millions

how many did the taliban kill and wound? seems like we won those numbers as americans because we are better fighters than the taliban

I thought that was the very US government the gun toting Americans were trying to fight back against. Hence the initial comparison. You are all over the place.
BoydCrowder13
BuddysBud said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

waitwhat? said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

waitwhat? said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Army Ghost said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Army Ghost said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Tom Doniphon said:

I recognize he's the president of the United States. He's certainly not my guy though. I didn't vote for him and I don't agree with him on guns.

I do think technology has passed the original intent of the 2nd amendment by though. It would be difficult for the populace to truly defend themselves from a tyrannical US government in 2021 if they truly put their mind to hurting citizens and the military didn't pick sides. That's just my honest take. People might hold out for a while but you'd likely just see several dozen Branch Dovidian scenarios.
taliban says hello

Unless American citizens were willing to survive in caves for 10 years and stoop to Taliban tactics (suicide bombers every day), it is an apples to oranges comparison.

You think Americans that have never shot a gun at a living person would have the immorality or resolve to use women or children as suicide bombs? Or that you'd even condone that? Never would happen here and I'm proud of that.

For f***s sake dude there are Americans that torture animals on a regular basis, and worse than that (not even the same ballpark) torture other humans. This happens in real world America TODAY, and it happens while we punish it as the worst crimes that people can commit.

It blows me away that people like you ignore how evil so many people are. Take a walk through your neighborhood tomorrow. There is a very good chance that at least one of your neighbors would do horrific things if they thought they could get away with it, let alone it being condoned by an evil government.

Grow up. People are both good and evil. We hope most are good, but a shocking number are evil. Western civilization isn't that much different than the 1930s.

Think you are a little confused by my example. I have no doubt there are many evil people out there. My comment was that I don't think and hope that Americans fighting a tyrannical government would use children as suicide bombs. At least I pray not.

So if not, it doesn't make much sense to compare US citizens to the Taliban zealots in terms of tactics.

And if we ever stopped to such tactics, that is not the side I'd be in for sure.

I see. I did misunderstand what you said. But I also think you went to an extreme with what you were responding to, where he didn't mean Patriots would use children as shields, but that they might be willing to live in caves if need be to fight. And you created an equivalency.

The reason we couldn't win in Afghanistan is the same reason we couldn't win in Vietnam. We were fighting an enemy willing to do horrific things, evil things to their own people to outlast their enemy. Trained from decades of war and famine to survive horrible conditions and programmed by their leadership to sacrifice their lives and families to destroy the enemy.

Americans by and large are not like that. While we certainly have hardened and evil individuals among us, most are led by a morality that would balk at ever considering comparable tactics. Most have never experienced war or even hunger. Or even life without AC.

That's why I chuckle at the "if the Taliban could fight off the US government, we could too!" comments that pop up. It is such a false equivalency in terms of morality, culture, mindset and experience.

You sound like the Japanese just before bombing Pearl Harbor.
Americans revolve seems to be underestimated over the last century. .

Again. Are we discussing the trained and equipped US military, or the average Joe at the gun range that is going to join thousands of other average Joe's to fight a tyrannical US government and military using their 2nd amendment rights?

Pretty big distinction. You guys keep bouncing from one to the other.
The_Fox
Are there more current or former government gun toters?
rab79
AG
BuddysBud said:

There has been a lot of talk about the purging of more conservative military leaders and personnel who are being replaced by "progressive" military leaders and personnel.

I would imagine that this country has some very talented military leaders who care about the country and have been forced out. Likewise, defunding the police has put some well trained patriotic police officers out of work.

The problem with purging the military and police means many well trained people who were purged are still around.
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
Infection_Ag11
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
zoneag
The_Fox said:

Are there more current or former government gun toters?

He doesn't get it, and won't. If this ugly scenario came to pass it would look much different than he is imagining.
Old Army Ghost
mts6175
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

waitwhat? said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

waitwhat? said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Army Ghost said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Army Ghost said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Tom Doniphon said:

taliban says hello

The reason we aren't winning in Afghanistan, Iraq, or Vietnam is we are fighting against the will of people and their beliefs, rights, freedoms, whatever you want to call it, as different as they may be from Americans. Just because they do things that we consider evil doesn't mean the motive for result is not the same as it would be if it was on American soil.

You strongly discredit that American's that would fight with the same will, if, and God hope it doesn't, that day ever comes, or the ability to do so.

You're also strongly discrediting exactly why the founding father's put the 2nd Amendment in place, and it's for this very reason.
BuddysBud
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

BuddysBud said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

waitwhat? said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

waitwhat? said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Army Ghost said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Army Ghost said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Tom Doniphon said:

taliban says hello

You sound like the Japanese just before bombing Pearl Harbor.
Americans revolve seems to be underestimated over the last century. .

Again. Are we discussing the trained and equipped US military, or the average Joe at the gun range that is going to join thousands of other average Joe's to fight a tyrannical US government and military using their 2nd amendment rights?

Pretty big distinction. You guys keep bouncing from one to the other.

The GI's in WW II were average Joes at the gun range who were thrust into a bitter war against an initially better equipped and trained enemy. Eventually these average Joes held out long enough to outlast, out train, and out innovate the enemy. These average Joes were fighting for the freedoms that our current leadership wants to tear away. If the government takes away the God-given freedoms outlined in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, do you believe that the historically hidden resolve of Americans wouldn't ignite to fight the tyranny?
Infection_Ag11
AG
waitwhat? said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Army Ghost said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Army Ghost said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Tom Doniphon said:

taliban says hello

Most humans are capable of horrifying and gruesome levels of necessary and war time violence, but I think you're vastly overestimating the number of people willing to break into your home and bash your skull in for fun just because they thought they could get away with it. Those people exist, and just due to the sheer number of people alive there will be a robust number of them overall, but it's an extremely small percentage of the population.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
pacecar02
I think you are mis-stating what happened in Afghanistan

Afghanistan being drawn out I believe has to do more with the industrial military complex than fighting a war

From the onset our enemy was never really the Taliban. Early on a deal could have been brokered to get OBL into Pakistan for trial and then deal with him there. They tried fighting the Taliban for a while before realizing that the Taliban is the power structure of Afghanistan, they will always be there.

The US sucks and picking wars nowadays and they never really fight wars in the traditional sense. War means you fight and kill the opposing army or people until they are all dead or they capitulate. If you are not doing that than you are not fighting a war. You are doing something else. Nation building or whatever nonsense you want to call it, but do not call it war. This has nothing to do with the capability or fighting prowess of our armed service members, this is a failure of leadership at the highest level.

The whole situation was severely mismanaged.

BoydCrowder13
Old Army Ghost said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Army Ghost said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

waitwhat? said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

waitwhat? said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Army Ghost said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Army Ghost said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Tom Doniphon said:

taliban says hello

you said we killed thousands and wounded millions

how many did the taliban kill and wound? seems like we won those numbers as americans because we are better fighters than the taliban

I thought that was the very US government the gun toting Americans were trying to fight back against. Hence the initial comparison. You are all over the place.
are the americans at home and the americans in the military not all americans?

Who is the tyrannical government in this scenario? Politicians in suits or politicians + US military? If you are assuming the military would side with the government, the military wins. If the military sides with the average gun owner, the military wins.

It's as simple as that. Those are the scenarios.

The scenario I thought was being pushed by the OP was that

A) Tyrannical government outlaws guns
B) Military sides with the government (has F-15s and modern military equipment)
C) average citizen fights again tyrannical government and military

People say average citizens can fight back and compare the military's failure in Afghanistan to their foreseeable failure in American 2nd Amendment revolution.

I point out that Taliban didn't outlast US military due to guns but due to evil and Inhumane tactics and willingness to starve and live in horrible conditions for 20 years so not really a fair comparison to the US citizen.

If the military didn't side with the evil tyrannical government, sure citizens win easy.
Old Army Ghost
TxAgPreacher
S
Come and take it, or shut up!
BoydCrowder13
Old Army Ghost said:

if you caveat your position enough you might claim victory

.....says that guy that was literally arguing both sides of the argument without having the brains to realize it.

Read from the top, I never changed my position. Same narrative the whole thread.
Womackster
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

waitwhat? said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

waitwhat? said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Army Ghost said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Army Ghost said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Tom Doniphon said:

taliban says hello

You keep posting like you know what you are talking about and it is very evident that you do not. The reason we couldn't win in Afghanistan has nothing to do with the horrible things the enemy was willing to do. It was all about us not having a defined objective. You can't defeat a determined guerilla opposition through an endless game of cat and mouse. You can't be everywhere at once and the mouse just scurries off to where you aren't. You have to win the people's hearts or break their resolve. We didn't have the credibility to do the first nor the stomach for the latter.

Defeating a determined resistance in a country this size with this many private arms would be impossible short of breaking wills by turning every major metropolis into a nuclear wasteland, and what would be the point in ruling that? You're not just going to have a force on force confrontation between the military and a singular army of patriots. You think a cordon and search of the United States would be easy peasy? The left knows their only hope at total domination is to disarm us. That's why they relentlessly push it.
Infection_Ag11
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

waitwhat? said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

waitwhat? said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Army Ghost said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Army Ghost said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Tom Doniphon said:

taliban says hello

We didn't win in Vietnam or Afghanistan because one side was fighting a war and the other was attempting to make a political/moral statement. America hasn't truly waged war since WW2. Had we gone into Vietnam truly determined to wage all out war and win, meaning we utilized the full force of the military to totally and completely destroy our enemy until they were all dead or surrendered, the war would have been a short and decisive American victories.
AggieIce
AG
The left also under estimates what our resolve will become should they continue to push
Infection_Ag11
AG
pacecar02 said:

I think you are mis-stating what happened in Afghanistan

Afghanistan being drawn out I believe has to do more with the industrial military complex than fighting a war

From the onset our enemy was never really the Taliban. Early on a deal could have been brokered to get OBL into Pakistan for trial and then deal with him there. They tried fighting the Taliban for a while before realizing that the Taliban is the power structure of Afghanistan, they will always be there.

The US sucks and picking wars nowadays and they never really fight wars in the traditional sense. War means you fight and kill the opposing army or people until they are all dead or they capitulate. If you are not doing that than you are not fighting a war. You are doing something else. Nation building or whatever nonsense you want to call it, but do not call it war. This has nothing to do with the capability or fighting prowess of our armed service members, this is a failure of leadership at the highest level.

The whole situation was severely mismanaged.

This is exactly right

What Americans call "war" today is not what the entirety of human history through the first half of the 20th century considered warfare to be.
Old Army Ghost
samurai_science
BoydCrowder13 said:

Who is the tyrannical government in this scenario? Politicians in suits or politicians + US military? If you are assuming the military would side with the government, the military wins. If the military sides with the average gun owner, the military wins.

People say average citizens can fight back and compare the military's failure in Afghanistan to their foreseeable failure in American 2nd Amendment revolution.

I point out that Taliban didn't outlast US military due to guns but due to evil and Inhumane tactics and willingness to starve and live in horrible conditions for 20 years so not really a fair comparison to the US citizen.

If the military didn't side with the evil tyrannical government, sure citizens win easy.

Sorry, you are wrong. A guerilla war would be even EASIER here, and can you imagine the chaos they would have to endure while fighting said guerillas? Imagine the entire east coast with no power, that's just for starters.

They would be called on to police the cities and fight cat and mouse at the same time.

You do realize that Afghanistan and Vietnam are not the only examples?
BoydCrowder13
Old Army Ghost said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Army Ghost said:

.....says that guy that was literally arguing both sides of the argument without having the brains to realize it.

Read from the top, I never changed my position. Same narrative the whole thread.
you are right your position with your tons of caveats was always right. and technology has passed the original intent of the 2nd amendment and technology has passed the 1st amendment by

how do you propose we rewrite the bill of rights?

I think something should be done about big tech and the algorithms that they push onto social media and search engines. Essentially brainwashing people into retreating to their own corners politically and effectively taking away free will.
pacecar02
samurai_texan said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Sorry, you are wrong. A guerilla war would be even EASIER here, and can you imagine the chaos they would have to endure while fighting said guerillas? Imagine the entire east coast with no power, that's just for starters.

They would be called on to police the cities and fight cat and mouse at the same time.

not to mention that if this happened, I do believe the military would lose large swaths of personnel and mechanized units as they defected to support those in rebellion.

edit: the Military could even step in and initiate a Military Coup, this is the more common civil war track

Old Army Ghost
BuddysBud
AG
samurai_texan said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Username checks out.
AggieUSMC
AG
This didn't go well when Swallows Fartsalot said something similar. Why Biden thought this was okay is beyond me.
VaultingChemist
AG
There are maybe 50 to 200 thousand Democrats that are running the largest criminal organization in the history of the U.S.; the Democratic National Committee.

How are they going to protect themselves from millions of angry citizens that they vilified and usurped their constitutional rights? Where are they going to hide? Who will fight for them?

Biden and his fellow grifters truly don't understand the psyche of the average American. The smart ones are already fleeing the big cities as they understand what hellholes they will become, as demonstrated by the BLM (DNC-sponsored) riots.
TRADUCTOR
Got a 150k spread there on that theory. Problem is conclusive though that those in the group of 81MM that actually voted are stupid, or shameful of a stupid vote.
TexasAggie_97
AG
Nukes? According to the left a few hundred people wearing nothing but Fanny packs and carrying nothing but cameras nearly overthrew our government on January 6th.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Army Ghost said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Army Ghost said:

you are right your position with your tons of caveats was always right. and technology has passed the original intent of the 2nd amendment and technology has passed the 1st amendment by

how do you propose we rewrite the bill of rights?

I think something should be done about big tech and the algorithms that they push onto social media and search engines. Essentially brainwashing people into retreating to their own corners politically and effectively taking away free will.

Background checks to use Social Media. Classify social media sites as editors and make them liable if they knowingly hide the truth or spread false info.

Would solve a lot of issues.
houag80
AG
I watched two of our most famous CM's on here last night... crawfishing like mfers....entertaining to watch.
Ellis Wyatt
AggieIce said:

The left also under estimates what our resolve will become should they continue to push
Maybe, but I see a lot of fat and happy frogs just sitting in the pot and whining that it seems to be getting hotter for some reason.
Ellis Wyatt
AggieUSMC said:

This didn't go well when Swallows Fartsalot said something similar. Why Biden thought this was okay is beyond me.
Because Biden is a brain dead ****tard and people just like Swalwell are the ones who tell him what to say. They think they're smarter than the rest of us.
sleepybeagle
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

It wasn't a threat, it was just an extremely poorly worded (and factually incorrect) argument against the idea that guns are a reliable means of keeping the modern US government in check. It was just another awkward example of Biden being unable to express his thoughts clearly.

And FWIW, the majority of cannons in America were owned by private citizens through the first half of the 19th century.
I respectfully disagree. He mumbled for sure, but what he clearly was saying is "no matter what folks, the government is far more powerful than you are"

When someone feels the need to explain how much more powerful they are than me - I take this as a threat.

And you should too.
Rapier108
houag80 said:

I watched two of our most famous CM's on here last night... crawfishing like mfers....entertaining to watch.
Their attempt at goal tending was pathetic as always.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.