MI gov assassination plot

17,847 Views | 203 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SirLurksALot
coconutED
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Huh...

FBI thwarts militia plot to kidnap, assassinate Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer
Quote:

The investigation was sparked by social media posts bragging of plans to violently overthrow several state governments as well as law enforcement
Prosperdick
AG
coconutED said:

Huh...

FBI thwarts militia plot to kidnap, assassinate Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer
Quote:

The investigation was sparked by social media posts bragging of plans to violently overthrow several state governments as well as law enforcement

She probably orchestrated it herself to try to gain sympathy.
CrottyKid
AG
How long until Qanon is blamed?
Jbob04
AG
It's almost like citizens of a free country have reached a breaking point with these liberal dictators.
AgBQ-00
AG
I'm supposed to be alarmed by this when there are actual anarchists rioting each and every night for the last 4 months
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
Rapier108
Sounds more like a bunch of Internet tough guys talking *****
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
FTAG 2000
AG
Meanwhile, no accountability for FBI, CIA, DOJ coup attempt.

rocky the dog
AG
Whose side is the FBI on?
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
Dro07
AG
fake
Bazooka Joe
AG
So the anti government extremist we subverted by the Marxist extremist government? Somebody remind me who I'm supposed to be rooting for.
“The problem with the internet is that one can never trust the accuracy of a quote.” – Abraham Lincoln
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

The FBI had been tracking the militia since March over fears they had been trying to trace home addresses for local law-enforcement officers, the report said.

"At the time, the FBI interviewed a member of the militia group who was concerned about the group's plans to target and kill police officers, and that person agreed to become a (confidential source)," the agent wrote.

The raids were also linked to an ongoing investigation into the death of a Detroit man killed during a shootout with FBI agents, the local reports said.

The affidavit filed in federal court detailed probable cause to charge the six with conspiring to kidnap Whitmer, the paper said.

The six included Ty Garbin, 24, whose home was raided by agents in Hartland Township late Wednesday, according to the report.

The others named in the affidavit were Adam Fox, Barry Croft, Kaleb Franks, Daniel Harris, Brandon Caserta. No ages or addresses were listed for them, and the militia group was not named, the paper said.
Hhmm. "Militia"? And not named in the statement of probable cause? Seems odd to me.
Ag-Yoakum95
AG
I'm sure Trump has already been blamed, too.
CanyonAg77
AG
If I wanted to throw this election to the Ds, I would hatch "right wing plots" by "militias".

It's all Kabuki Theater.
agsquirrel97
AG
They sound like master criminals

Rapier108
CanyonAg77 said:

If I wanted to throw this election to the Ds, I would hatch "right wing plots" by "militias".

It's all Kabuki Theater.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Jbob04
AG
Abbott after reading this
AgBQ-00
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

It's all Kabuki Theater.
It is like the plot to so many of the Law and Order episodes...always made me roll my eyes when that was the premise of one of them.
Earl_Rudder
AG
And yet nothing happens when Kathy Griffin holds up a severed head of Trump, or when Snoop Dogg shoots Trump in a music video, or when Trump is assassinated in the play Julius Caesar.

Or when tens of thousands of insane libs on twitter call for his assassination every single day.
policywonk98
AG
So, they are getting busted for talking about doing something, but never doing anything?

These militias need to get a psychologist to certify them as insane. When you are insane its really hard for law enforcement to do anything to you unless you actually do something violent.

Just ask family members of schetzophrenics. They struggle to get leos to do anything about loved ones that threaten to do something based on their delusions but never do anything. Until they do....

I'm not really trying to defend people that are on the record of wanting to do violent things to people. But I also know that people say things to blow off steam. Which is a good thing if it just releases their anger and calms them down. Its a fine line that's hard to manage.

But if these people don't have actual violent things they've done in the name of this group they are part of, it seems like a double standard. Lots of people across the twitterverse have called for violence against Trump and the overthrow of his administration. Are they getting served as well?
CanyonAg77
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

It's all Kabuki Theater.
It is like the plot to so many of the Law and Order episodes...always made me roll my eyes when that was the premise of one of them.
Want to have fun, watch The Rookie with Nathan Fillon.

More militias and automatic weapons in that one fictional police precinct than in all of the US plus several third world nations.
Muy
AG
Only our government is allowed to take citizens out under the cover of darkness.
beerad12man
AG
Liberal "friend" on facebook

Right-wing militia plotting to abduct an elected officialthe Governor of Michigan.

But we're supposed to be worried about Antifa and "the Left."
Reservoir Dog
So weird that the term "militia" hadn't been seen or heard of in 10 plus years...

Right up to the time Chris Wallace asked during the debate about white supremacy groups and "Militias."

Interesting and most likely coordinated.
4stringAg
AG
Article says they were plotting to kill police officers which in today's world would indicate BLM or left wing groups. But the continued used of the term "militia" leads me to believe this will be played up as right wing extremists and overblown to act like this is the biggest threat under the sun.
Ag87H2O
AG

We all knew it was coming, and then some.
beerad12man
AG
And FWIW, I don't condone this by any means. But a tyrannical governor in a free society doesn't work. She has long overstepped her reach.
TravelAg2004
AG
I'd love to see some of what they were actually posting/plotting.

I bet it's not as "crazy right wing" as this article is leading most to believe.
aggiehawg
AG
4stringAg said:

Article says they were plotting to kill police officers which in today's world would indicate BLM or left wing groups. But the continued used of the term "militia" leads me to believe this will be played up as right wing extremists and overblown to act like this is the biggest threat under the sun.
Does seem to be a red flag that something is not quite right here. Feds have an informant inside the names of those arrested are made public but not the name of the now completely busted organization?

This smells.
AgBQ-00
AG
5thgen warfare?
Infection_Ag11
AG
Media is going to attempt to lay this at the feet of Crowder and his rally.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Feds have an informant inside
Wait until it turns out that all of them are FBI agents
TexAgs91
AG
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.
Rapier108
Reservoir Dog said:

So weird that the term "militia" hadn't been seen or heard of in 10 plus years...

Right up to the time Chris Wallace asked during the debate about white supremacy groups and "Militias."

Interesting and most likely coordinated.
The "militia" only comes up when a Republican is President, or the Democrats need a boogeyman to pass gun control.
Ags4DaWin
CrottyKid said:

How long until Qanon is blamed?

In 3.....2......1.....
titan
S
Jbob04 said:

It's almost like citizens of a free country have reached a breaking point with these liberal dictators.
Yes, its not like it would be entirely without massive provocation. This is almost certainly a false-flag though.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.