MI gov assassination plot

17,937 Views | 203 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SirLurksALot
Fightin TX Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes, a plot to kidnap a governor is a terrorist plot. No, a group of 6 random wingnuts already infiltrated by the FBI does not indicate we have some widespread problem with middle aged LARPer terrorism.

If the media spends 7 months ignoring our burning cities, denying the existence of ANTIFA, showing blasted out shops with "mostly peaceful" chyrons, and then tries to make these 6 beer gutted idiots into some urgent national emergency, I'm going to lose it.
aggie813
Why can't they redirect their efforts towards Nacy Pelosi? I mean, if you're gonna go all in, make it worth your while.
AGHouston11
AG
Wel at least it's not a fake noose investigation with 15 FBI agents.

However it's amazing they can "thwart" this master plot but they have yet done anything against Antifa or identifying who has been supplying bricks and paying for purposeful violence and destruction!

FBI has no credibility.
BQ78
AG
Proud Boys stand back and stand down, weren't you listening?
Artorias
AG
The national coverage this is receiving is a joke.
geoag58
AG
Watching news conference, Michigan AG saying charges may change, which is probably code for "they will be dropped after we have squeezed every ounce of propaganda value out of them."
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
MASAXET
AG
I'm absolutely SHOCKED by the responses to this received on texags
aggiehawg
AG
geoag58 said:

Watching news conference, Michigan AG saying charges may change, which is probably code for "they will be dropped after we have squeezed every ounce of propaganda value out of them."
Wait what? FBI arrests them for federal crimes but the Michigan state AG is talking about the charges and not the US Attorney's office? Really getting screwy now.
MASAXET
AG
No that's not what happened. AG for West. Dist. Mich. spoke first of the federal charges, then the AG for East. Dist. Mich. spoke about coordination and investigation. Then the Mich. AG spoke about the state charges
Secolobo
AG
Amazing what the fbi picks and chooses.
Can I go to sleep Looch?
polarice
AG
MASAXET said:

Me sense some of that there sarcasm
Aston 91
AG
For those concerned that the militia wasn't specifically named:

Michigan's attorney general, Dana Nessel, said during an afternoon press conference, she intends to issue additional charges under Michigan's anti-terrorism statute against seven members of the militia group, dubbed the "Wolverine Watchmen."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/08/gretchen-whitmer-kidnapping-plot-michigan-427953
aggiehawg
AG
MASAXET said:

No that's not what happened. AG for West. Dist. Mich. spoke first of the federal charges, then the AG for East. Dist. Mich. spoke about coordination and investigation. Then the Mich. AG spoke about the state charges
Uhmm that would be the US Attorney for the Western District of Michigan not the AG. But I understand what you meant.

Thank you.
Cassius
MASAXET said:

I'm absolutely shocked that you showed up in this topic.

No, I'm not.
MASAXET
AG
aggiehawg said:

MASAXET said:

Uhmm that would be the US Attorney for the Western District of Michigan not the AG. But I understand what you meant.

Thank you.

Correct
nortex97
AG
To me, it's too early to tell yet if this was serious/credible or just 5 guys running their mouths on the internet/doing trail runs etc.

The sad part is there was (recently) a time when I'd have just automatically assumed the FBI was doing the honest/right thing here, but now I just do the opposite and presume it's a political PR sting set up to hurt Trump/help communists.

Some comments there are correct. The FBI does need to be burned to the ground and a replacement with limited powers put in it's place. If there is any validity at all to the 'abolish the police' movement the FBI is the one law enforcement agency that needs to...undergo that process.
The Shank Ag
Reading the headline, all I could think of was Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman

titan
S
4stringAg said:

Article says they were plotting to kill police officers which in today's world would indicate BLM or left wing groups. But the continued used of the term "militia" leads me to believe this will be played up as right wing extremists and overblown to act like this is the biggest threat under the sun.

Yes anti polic here is big clue more the Antifa side creating the story. Regardless of who is trotted out as fall guys.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
SLAM
rocky the dog said:

Whose side is the FBI on?

Implying this wasn't the FBI to begin with.
pinche gringo
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

If I wanted to throw this election to the Ds, I would hatch "right wing plots" by "militias".

It's all Kabuki Theater.

Yep. This stinks of a false flag psy-op.

Busted for blabbing about the plot on social media? That's Busch League. A little TOO Busch League.

5G warfare, folks. Don't take anything at face value.
SLAM
CrottyKid said:

How long until Qanon is blamed?

IT WAS THOSE RIGHT WING BOOGALOO ALT RIGHT RACIST BIGOT RETHUGLIKKKAN NEO NAZI QANON FOLLOWERS!
Glenlivet
AG
So how soon before they find Trump flags and MAGA caps in these guys basements?
HumpitPuryear
AG
BLM is a highly organized terrorist organization bent on overthrow of the government and re-writing the constitution and have been actively supporting that effort but they get welcomed by the media and celebrated by leftist politicians. "Militia" guys go in the woods to shoot some guns, drink beer, and talk tough and the FBI is down on them and the story is front page on CNN.
SLAM
aggiehawg said:

4stringAg said:

Article says they were plotting to kill police officers which in today's world would indicate BLM or left wing groups. But the continued used of the term "militia" leads me to believe this will be played up as right wing extremists and overblown to act like this is the biggest threat under the sun.
Does seem to be a red flag that something is not quite right here. Feds have an informant inside the names of those arrested are made public but not the name of the now completely busted organization?

This smells.

They call them militia but this is the same type of bull**** the media does to obfuscate left wing violence and radical group actions. It's the same thing they did with those "right wing" guys who got caught making a deal with Hamas. In reality those guys were planning on killing white supremacists, destroying monuments, and targeting politicians. Sounds pretty right wing don't you think?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

The FBI had been tracking the militia since March over fears they had been trying to trace home addresses for local law-enforcement officers, the report said.
I'm getting hung up on this. March? Shut downs were barely starting. None of the George Floyd stuff would start for two more months. Doesn't jive.
TxAgPreacher
S
Many on here seem to underestimate how other states still are not letting people go back to work the way we can, and how angry some people might be about that. If your business goes under because you cant open or open to capacity after you sunk your life savings into it... Just saying. This is the Corona bro's fault.
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

Quote:

rocky the dog said:

Implying this wasn't the FBI to begin with.
No, actually, I'm implying that investigating a plot to kill a dictator governor when they work for the people whose lives have been destroyed by this dictator doesn't make sense to me.
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
titan
S
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

The FBI had been tracking the militia since March over fears they had been trying to trace home addresses for local law-enforcement officers, the report said.
I'm getting hung up on this. March? Shut downs were barely starting. None of the George Floyd stuff would start for two more months. Doesn't jive.

But it does for Antifa-BLM killing cops since Obama admin and memorably in Dallas.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
dreyOO
Since the left loves to use it, I'll go ahead and turn it back on them.

"Militia" is a dog whistle for all the idiots that have never read the second amendment. Way to blur the lines on legit rights and tying that to crazies.
SirLurksALot
The people on this thread trying to downplay or make excuses for a plot to kidnap a governor are no different than the people that try to downplay or excuse the actions of Antifa.

It's ok to condemn bad behavior even if it's committed by a group that is on your "ideological side".
texagbeliever
SirLurksALot said:

The people on this thread trying to downplay or make excuses for a plot to kidnap a governor are no different than the people that try to downplay or excuse the actions of Antifa.

It's ok to condemn bad behavior even if it's committed by a group that on your "ideological side".
Yeah, you may want to keep up here kiddo. It looks like this isn't related to the covid shutdown and has more hint of an ANTIFA type feel.
aggiehawg
AG
titan said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

But it does for Antifa-BLM killing cops since Obama admin and memorably in Dallas.
Exactly. The defund the police crap didn't start until after Floyd's death. But Antifa and BLM have been anti-police since their formation. And that might explain why the name of the organization is conveniently omitted.
Little Rock Ag
AG
I'm surprised the media hasn't reported this as "cowardly counterrevolutionaries seek to kill Dear Leader Gretchen"
BigHitterDaLama
rocky the dog said:

No yours, not ours
AgBQ-00
AG
I think most are wanting more evidence and information and voicing concerns that this seems very fishy. At the same time we have unchecked actual leftist violence happening.
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.