Abbott issues mandatory mask EO

42,745 Views | 514 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by beerad12man
RGLAG85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

RGLAG85 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

The doctors I've spoken to from Dallas and LA all think the mutated form from Europe is weaker.
Besides the therapeutics, now that we've gotten out of the murderous states I listed, we're doing a much better job of protecting the vulnerable and the case spike is solely on the protest and contact tracing. Hospitalizations are being cooked now like the death count. I know this personally.

I know for a fact in LA the hospitals are pretty full bc neurologists and neurosurgeons i work with have stopped their roles and are just helping out on icu and patient care floors.

I think the biggest break through is that cheap steroid (can't remember the name) that reduces inflammation that keeps vessels from bursting in the lungs and other areas.
26.4% to 13.5%
Thomas Jefferson: "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
aggielostinETX
AG
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/07/02/michigan-henry-ford-health-study-finds-hydroxychloroquine-lowers-covid-19-death-rate/5365090002/

The study analyzed 2,541 patients hospitalized among the system's six hospitals between March 10 and May 2 and found 13% of those treated with hydroxychloroquine died while 26% of those who did not receive the drug died.

Ouch....

“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
Brutal Puffin
AG
Was just coming here to post this. Thanks, Deats.
Rocky Rider
AG
Resist the mask.

Stand up for America!
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
agsalaska
AG
Looks like the virus at least is really hitting Texas now. Everything we watched earlier mostly happened in NY. We are pretty confident that as many will not die here and so far we are right. I hope it stays that way.

Pandemics really, really suck.

Edit- I said disease not virus. My bad.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
mazzag
AG
I don't get this description. It's not a disease. It's a virus. If you catch a cold do you say you have a disease? F ing hell. It's a virus. Diseases you live with. Viruses go away.
agsalaska
AG
Here let me fix it.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
agsalaska
AG
Is that better?
thirdcoast
AG

For those that are anti-mask, would you wear a mask if you were known to be positive and out grabbing groceries?
mazzag
AG
You know what I mean. Sorry to pick on your post. Not singling you out. It's just tiresome.
mazzag
AG
Hope the games went good tonight.
agsalaska
BallerStaf2003
AG
HowdyTexasAggies said:

So, masks don't work in LA?

Tons don't wear masks in LA.
Rapier108
Quote:

For those that are anti-mask, would you wear a mask if you were known to be positive and out grabbing groceries?
If I was positive, I wouldn't leave my home. If I needed food, I'd have it delivered.

And many people are not anti-mask. They are against the government putting a gun to everyone's head and saying "Obey!"
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
mazzag
AG
But it's mandatory.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Pookers
AG
C@LAg said:

mazzag said:

But it's mandatory.

And womandatory.

Did you just assume someone's gender? Masks are datory for all.
Patriarch
AG
FriscoKid said:

does this mean that he closed churches and youth sports again???

No, both exempted.
Patriarch
AG
jh88ag said:

Beerosch said:

Even outdoors?
Every person in Texas shall wear a face covering over the nose and mouth when inside a commercial entity or other building or space open to the public, or when in an outdoor public space, wherever it is not feasible to maintain six feet of social distancing from another person not in the same household

There are exceptions. Exercise for example.
Patriarch
AG
Mr.Bond said:

So I read it and didn't see anything about large gatherings being illegal.... Correct?

That's in the proclamation that edits an earlier order.
Patriarch
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Charpie said:

He banned them last week with some exceptions

Recreation is exempt from 10 person rule

I more so worried about youth sports. It should be ok as of now?
thirdcoast
AG
Rapier108 said:

Quote:

If I was positive, I wouldn't leave my home. If I needed food, I'd have it delivered.

And many people are not anti-mask. They are against the government putting a gun to everyone's head and saying "Obey!"

I believe the government guidelines are telling people who are positive to stay at home. They are not arresting anyone for not wearing masks, or for not staying home if positive. You you are happy to follow the rules when positive, but not if unconfirmed or asymptomatic? Are you saying you are cool with wearing a mask if it is a guideline, but once it is mandated, you are against?

We all know this is a temporary anomaly, not really a slippery slope like gun control etc. We also should know waking by someone without a mask almost certainly doesn't allow enough airborne particles to infect. Using that logic, a mask is not fool proof, but does limit the airborne particles transferred, and therefore more effective than no mask.

I'm conservative, and anti-gov, but I recognize temporary masks make sense. I wouldnt not do something that makes sense, just because the gov mandates I do something that makes sense. If the local gov said I must lock my doors because there was fugitive on loose, I would not unlock my door bc the "gov was telling me to obey".

Conservatives should choose our battles better. If you want to argue against masks, do it with a legit arguement like getting herd immunity over with sooner to limit economic impact etc.
Patriarch
AG
rgag12 said:

Toptierag2018 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Does this include gyms?

Yes, this includes that establishment.

However, you should be pleased to know that limited breathing capacity while exercise is proven to increase red blood cell count over time.

You'll be happy to know most gyms allow you to take off your mask on cardio machines.

I hate cardio almost as much as I hate the mask order.
Patriarch
AG
agsalaska said:

I see headlines all over saying he limited groups to no more than 10. I do not see that in the actual order. Can anyone help me out here?

In the proclamation that modified an earlier order.
Patriarch
AG
cle96 said:

What does this mean for my kids day camp and away camp in two weeks? My daughter is 11. Will she have to wear a mask at summer camp? That is ridiculous.

Certain camps are exempted from gathering limitations.
Post removed:
by user
FriscoKid
AG
Patriarch said:

FriscoKid said:

No, both exempted.

So what the **** is twinkle toes doing? Seriously! It's not his job to protect us, or the private hospitals, or anything really. I'm pissed off. Dude needs to stay in his lane. This jack wagon thinks he has the power to shut down salons and saloons He thinks from his almighty perch that 50% open is better than 75% open?

**** this and **** him.. We are husbands and wives. Dads and moms. We are business owners and cubical jockeys. We want to be left the **** alone. If we get sick then we get sick. It's not your fault. We didn't elect a king of Texas.
ProgN
BallerStaf2003 said:

HowdyTexasAggies said:

So, masks don't work in LA?

Tons don't wear masks in LA.

Navigating around used needles and human **** is deadlier than Covid. I'd rather sit in a Covid infused tent than walk around those progressive ****holes.
Marcus Brutus
thirdcoast said:

Rapier108 said:

Quote:

I believe the government guidelines are telling people who are positive to stay at home. They are not arresting anyone for not wearing masks, or for not staying home if positive. You you are happy to follow the rules when positive, but not if unconfirmed or asymptomatic? Are you saying you are cool with wearing a mask if it is a guideline, but once it is mandated, you are against?

We all know this is a temporary anomaly, not really a slippery slope like gun control etc. We also should know waking by someone without a mask almost certainly doesn't allow enough airborne particles to infect. Using that logic, a mask is not fool proof, but does limit the airborne particles transferred, and therefore more effective than no mask.

I'm conservative, and anti-gov, but I recognize temporary masks make sense. I wouldnt not do something that makes sense, just because the gov mandates I do something that makes sense. If the local gov said I must lock my doors because there was fugitive on loose, I would not unlock my door bc the "gov was telling me to obey".

Conservatives should choose our battles better. If you want to argue against masks, do it with a legit arguement like getting herd immunity over with sooner to limit economic impact etc.

Masks are not effective at reducing overall spread. It's theater, nothing more.

jteAg
FriscoKid said:

Patriarch said:

FriscoKid said:

No, both exempted.

So what the **** is twinkle toes doing? Seriously! It's not his job to protect us, or the private hospitals, or anything really. I'm pissed off. Dude needs to stay in his lane. This jack wagon thinks he has the power to shut down salons and saloons He thinks from his almighty perch that 50% open is better than 75% open?

**** this and **** him.. We are husbands and wives. Dads and moms. We are business owners and cubical jockeys. We want to be left the **** alone. If we get sick then we get sick. It's not your fault. We didn't elect a king of Texas.
GEEZ.....

If you get sick, yeah, thats too bad for you, and its on you. But how many of us do you make sick also? One? Two? A dozen? That is on you also.
All he's trying to do is slow down the spread of a virus that makes people sick; some not too sick, some it kills.
And you have to whine about not getting a haircut or being able to go to a bar and get a drink with your buddies.
Just put on the mask, go to the local store or Specs, grab a case or a bottle, invite 9 of your friends over, get drunk as hell, and have a haircut party!
Really folks, its not that big a deal to get your panties in an uproar! Just adopt and adjust.
Tanya 93
T wonder if cosmetologists can do home visits?

That could make them money and get people haircuts
Marcus Brutus
jteAg said:

FriscoKid said:

Patriarch said:

FriscoKid said:

No, both exempted.

GEEZ.....

If you get sick, yeah, thats too bad for you, and its on you. But how many of us do you make sick also? One? Two? A dozen? That is on you also.
All he's trying to do is slow down the spread of a virus that makes people sick; some not too sick, some it kills.
And you have to whine about not getting a haircut or being able to go to a bar and get a drink with your buddies.
Just put on the mask, go to the local store or Specs, grab a case or a bottle, invite 9 of your friends over, get drunk as hell, and have a haircut party!
Really folks, its not that big a deal to get your panties in an uproar! Just adopt and adjust.

Masks are not effective, from the CDCs study:

'"Although mechanistic studies support the potential effect of hand hygiene or face masks, evidence from 14 randomized controlled trials of these measures did not support a substantial effect on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza."
Post removed:
by user
Kozmozag
The mask should be made permanent. We would all be safer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.