Abbott issues mandatory mask EO

42,894 Views | 514 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by beerad12man
Oldag2020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Oldag2020 said:

I will NOT wear a mask. This is an encroachment on our rights. IMO it's okay for businesses to mandate masks, but the state government is NOT entitled to this authority. This is crossing the line.

What are your thoughts on wearing a seat belt?

Have you considered the dehumanization aspect of wearing a mask? Imagine never again seeing the smile of a stranger.
Create fear, Isolate, Control.
riverrataggie
AG
rsf0626 said:

would you rather wear a mask and be uncomfortable for 10 minutes of your life and keep stuff open or have everything shut down again? if this thing keeps getting worse, then thats the direction we're heading. Again.

What's worse?
rgag12
AG
Toptierag2018 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Does this include gyms?

Yes, this includes that establishment.

However, you should be pleased to know that limited breathing capacity while exercise is proven to increase red blood cell count over time.

You'll be happy to know most gyms allow you to take off your mask on cardio machines.
hbtheduce
AG
Shanked Punt said:

Rapier108 said:

Shanked Punt said:

FPS_Dough said:

Shanked Punt said:

Wear your damn mask, mind your social distancing, its really not that hard people. Think about something other than yourself for a change.
Did you say the same to the protestors and looters?
Everyone should be wearing masks, no exceptions.
Bull***** Some people cannot wear them due to health issues, nor should very young children.

At this point in the pandemic, then it's best for those people to stay at home if they can't or don't want to wear a mask

You gonna lock them in a cage if they don't listen to you?
aginlakeway
AG
So if have to wear a mask to walk my dog by myself around the block?
Marcus Brutus
rsf0626 said:

would you rather wear a mask and be uncomfortable for 10 minutes of your life and keep stuff open or have everything shut down again? if this thing keeps getting worse, then thats the direction we're heading. Again.

Stuff is not open. It's 50% and no large events. If masks work, the open everything.

I hope Abbott enjoys his final years in office, because he's not getting reelected.
BigRobSA
rsf0626 said:

I'd rather have someone in charge that:

1)understands basic science and math.

2) isn't a *****.

3) knows his/her legal limits.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Marcus Brutus
aginlakeway said:

The street is public, so yes.
HelloUncleNateFitch
rsf0626 said:

I'd rather live in a country that enshrines the right to peacefully assemble in it's founding documents.

Wait
Bunk Moreland
rsf0626 said:

What is 'worse'? We have more than doubled our testing capacity, put in place tons of contact tracing programs and began testing people who otherwise never would have been tested 2 months ago. We've also done a better job protecting the most vulnerable.

'worse' is very likely just the same but with additional data.
beerad12man
AG
Shanked Punt said:

Wear your damn mask, mind your social distancing, its really not that hard people. Think about something other than yourself for a change.
I do. I think about what's truly best for 329 million Americans. Taking dozens of measures, putting 40 million out of work, 328.8 million of those making sacrifices,. etc. all so that we MIGHT be able to save 20, 40, or at best 100k lives? If that? We don't even know for sure what or if we are saving lives. A fraction of a fraction of a percent of our country? Or is it a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent we MIGHT be able to save with all these measures in place?

No thanks. I'll think about the burden we are putting on 328.8+ million and our country as a whole, instead.
trouble
AG
aginlakeway said:

Only if you can't stay 6 feet away from other people
TxAgPreacher
S
Can we impeach?
Marcus Brutus
Lawyers... What can be done?
riverrataggie
AG
TxAgPreacher said:

Can we impeach?

Only if you wear a mask.
TexAgs91
AG
krosber04 said:

Listen to him or we may not have a CFB season.
That ship has sailed.

#benchoutkylefield
riverrataggie
AG
heynow said:

Lawyers... What can be done?

Apparently burning a Wendy's is cool.
astros4545
AG
rsf0626 said:

Did I miss where he announced opening to 100%
Post removed:
by user
aginlakeway
AG
heynow said:

aginlakeway said:

Wait ... so I thought I was ok without a mask if I was 6 feet away from others. And if I'm exercising.

beerad12man
AG
Shanked Punt said:

FPS_Dough said:

Shanked Punt said:

Did you say the same to the protestors and looters?
Everyone should be wearing masks, no exceptions.

Plenty of exceptions. Actually. Many people do have issues breathing in them. I'm 33 and notice it myself. A 65 year old who works with us also complains about breathing with them on all the time

Abbot even listed out 11 exceptions in the order, and children under 10
GCRanger
AG
We'll it looks like I'll fly Old Glory and Gadsden on Independence Day. Block party and fireworks will go on.
trouble
AG
aginlakeway said:

heynow said:

aginlakeway said:

Wait ... so I thought I was ok without a mask if I was 6 feet away from others. And if I'm exercising.

You are
jefe95
AG
What's the goal here?

15 days to slow the spread. Flatten the curve.

Now it's run and hide and hope no one ever gets a cold.

We've lost our damn minds.
TexAgs91
AG
So this is because of a high number of deaths?
Maroon Dawn
AG
Still waiting for liberals willing to be brave and put in writing their talking point that this mask order will save the economy
Maroon Dawn
AG
The goal is to destroy the economy and try to justify mass mail in voting to get Segregationist Joe into office
agsalaska
AG
I see headlines all over saying he limited groups to no more than 10. I do not see that in the actual order. Can anyone help me out here?
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
rgag12
AG
agsalaska said:

I see headlines all over saying he limited groups to no more than 10. I do not see that in the actual order. Can anyone help me out here?

It's my understanding he gave the power to local officials, which undoubtedly will limit it as soon as they can draft something
GMaster0
He's doing this just because he hates posters on F16 of Texags and likes how masks look on people. He has no other reason to do this for the good of the public!

Good summary here to know about the basics of the mandate. Good luck and let's see pics of those beautiful masked faces! God bless!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/02/coronavirus-live-updates-us/
Post removed:
by user
astros4545
AG
Looking forward to floating the river this weekend

Celebrating the end
JP_Losman
AG
the virus is 0.1 micron and the porous cloth mask is 20-100 microns.

What part did I miss?
Marcus Brutus
agsalaska said:

He gave that power to local authorities who are writing up orders as we type.
Marcus Brutus
Why are you folks interpreting public spaces as excluding outdoor public spaces?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.