Abbott issues mandatory mask EO

42,741 Views | 514 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by beerad12man
XXXVII
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shanked Punt said:

Another restaurant today, and this time, a waitress who was dressed like a slapper, wore a mask, but her nose was completely uncovered. The education on how to do this properly is sorely lacking. We're doomed.

Sounds like an ignorant Biden voter.
Patriarch
AG

Hey...so.. um
Shanked Punt said:

The enforcement is still way too lax. I was eating in a restaurant, and a group of people were walking around not wearing a mask. Call me a Karen, but I've reported them to the TABC.

I was at a restaurant and the cops were walking around without them. I had a conversation with one of them while i wasn't wearing a mask. He said he isnt enforcing that bull*****
ProgN
Hey...so.. um said:

Shanked Punt said:

The enforcement is still way too lax. I was eating in a restaurant, and a group of people were walking around not wearing a mask. Call me a Karen, but I've reported them to the TABC.

I was at a restaurant and the cops were walking around without them. I had a conversation with one of them while i wasn't wearing a mask. He said he isnt enforcing that bull*****
Don't waste your time responding to ze. Ze is an inflamed boil on your ass that's dripping pus down your thigh in dire need of being popped, only to morph into MRSA that will require hospitalization and an antibiotic drip.
TequilaMockingbird
Quote:

Ector County Republican Party
9 hrs
Quote:

Several weeks ago at our County Convention there was a resolution presented that called for the censure of Governor Abbott. At the time the majority of the body felt it was not yet warranted and so the resolution was withdrawn. However, that feeling was newed and more widlely felt with the Governor's most recent mandate. Mandates clearly exceed the power granted him by our Texas Constitution.
On this day 244 years ago, our founding fathers fought for their independence, from a foe that issued mandates and collected excessive taxes. The Ector County Republican Executve Board, decided it would be a fitting day for us to send a clear message to Governor Abbott. A message that we will no longer sit quietly while he over reaches his authority again, again, and again. He does this while ignoring the platform of the Republican Party. The very party whose grassroots voted him into office. So on this 4th of July, Independence Day we, the Ector County Republican Executive Board, formally voted to censure Gov. Abbott. We are now in the process of asking other counties to stand with us in this action and have their County Executive Boards do the same. We are wanting this action to continue on up to the State Convention for a vote to uphold our censure and impose penalties upon Governor Abbott. We take this action heavy hearts. But we do so in hopes that we never have to face a circumstance like this in Texas again.
God Bless Texas!
jefe95
AG
21 days later and this bull**** is still in effect.

And yet Greg is still choking out small business with the bull **** bar closures.

WHEN DOES THIS END, GREG???????
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
After last night's incident, faucci at a baseball game without one and no social distancing, riots in Portland, Seattle, la, Chicago, he needs to cancel this crap and move on. It's a farce
Maroon Dawn
AG
Seriously, it's three weeks later and there's been no dramatic drop in COVID cases

When do we admit this mask order is BS and move on?
Cassius
If this virus doesn't die out, I dont think it ever ends.
30wedge
Yeah it is total bull**** and the noncompliance is beginning to escalate, of which I approve. In short order, many places will be without masks almost entirely. Most places will see no enforcement of the order.
waitwhat?
Cassius said:

It won't ever end. By the time the virus dies out people will be so used to the masks that they'll become a part of western fashion.

I'm still wearing my protest "mask" but you should all accept that we're never getting rid of these things now.
Maroon Dawn
AG
waitwhat? said:

Cassius said:

It won't ever end. By the time the virus dies out people will be so used to the masks that they'll become a part of western fashion.

I'm still wearing my protest "mask" but you should all accept that we're never getting rid of these things now.

I disagree

The second Dems get power back, then suddenly COVID will be NBD and time to get the economy back to normal

That's their game

Hold a return to normalcy hostage until they get power again
waitwhat?
Maroon Dawn said:

waitwhat? said:

Cassius said:

I disagree

The second Dems get power back, then suddenly COVID will be NBD and time to get the economy back to normal

That's their game

I think you're underestimating the genuine fear that many people have of this virus. There are a lot of people very much voluntarily wearing them, and just because the media stops the propaganda won't stop a large portion of society from wearing the masks to protect against this evil, evil virus.

Not to mention the logic they use, including the maskbros on this forum, can easily be used for any other communicable disease.

Seriously, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think we're ever getting rid of the masks being normal in public. The mandate? Sure. But businesses will still require them and up to half the population will happily wear them and accuse you of being selfish for not.

EDIT: Genuinely concerns me that you think the only reason people are still wearing masks is because the dems told them to. Masks are even in high support from Republicans.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
jefe95
AG
https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/0d8bdf9be927459d9cb11b9eaef6101f

I watch the testing positivity rate, which I think is some of the CDC "gates" that are out there, but some states still aren't open (NJ maybe?)

But 7/16 we were at the highest positivity, and even now, we are still higher than when the mask mandate was issued. Guess that's good news and bad news. Masks probably aren't working. But this thing is kinda checking itself as it burns through the pop.

The problem with the protests incidents is that you could point to that large crowd and say "see, no sports, no gatherings, no school".

On the other hand, you could point to those large gatherings and say "look, it kinda burned itself out. It will rise and it will ebb. And if you are elderly or otherwise compromised, wear a mask or stay home".
PA24
AG
Catch it....99.9% Of the time.... u live
coconutED
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

That's their game

No, their game is control. So long as the masses remain scared the Dems will accelerate implementing dependency programs.
texagbeliever
jefe95 said:

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/0d8bdf9be927459d9cb11b9eaef6101f

I watch the testing positivity rate, which I think is some of the CDC "gates" that are out there, but some states still aren't open (NJ maybe?)

But 7/16 we were at the highest positivity, and even now, we are still higher than when the mask mandate was issued. Guess that's good news and bad news. Masks probably aren't working. But this thing is kinda checking itself as it burns through the pop.

The problem with the protests incidents is that you could point to that large crowd and say "see, no sports, no gatherings, no school".

On the other hand, you could point to those large gatherings and say "look, it kinda burned itself out. It will rise and it will ebb. And if you are elderly or otherwise compromised, wear a mask or stay home".
Positive rate is misleading.

More employers start making confirmed mandatory negative tests a pre-requisite for returning to work. So more people are getting retested after the initial positive test. This increases the number of positive tests. Without knowing if it is new vs retest the statistical data is kind of meaningless.
Ciboag96
texagbeliever said:

jefe95 said:

Positive rate is misleading.

More employers start making confirmed mandatory negative tests a pre-requisite for returning to work. So more people are getting retested after the initial positive test. This increases the number of positive tests. Without knowing if it is new vs retest the statistical data is kind of meaningless.

THIS. FFS THIS!! So much data and so little intelligence behind the data.
Cassius
Maroon Dawn said:

waitwhat? said:

Cassius said:

I disagree

That's their game

I have no doubt about the Dems plan, but if this thing becomes the norm, doesn't disappear and becomes seasonal, we ain't ever going back to normal. The fear right now is crazy!

Now, if the powers that be start lying about the numbers, which they very well might, that might mitigate the fear. Problem with that is, the conservative states would be marking their numbers independently and it will be difficult for the Dems at the national level to deceive.
Maroon Dawn
AG
If everything I'm hearing about the vaccine is correct, we'll be distributing by October

At that point it's over for the Dems using Corona as an avenue to power

My prediction is still what it was

Trump announces in October vaccine is ready to start distribution with the majority of America vaccinated by Christmas

Dems then realize it's over and go to plan B

Have the Minnesota ANTIFA AG drop all charges against Chauvin and the rest and then let round 2 of the Pre planned riots commence with the full intention of disrupting the election, targeting republican voters and crippling the economy for Trumps 2nd term

You can't get back to work if they burn down your business first
coconutED
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

If everything I'm hearing about the vaccine is correct, we'll be distributing by October

At that point it's over for the Dems using Corona as an avenue to power
Disagree. At first, they'll use a "we need to wait and see just to make sure it worked" mantra to keep restrictions in place. After that excuse wears thin, they'll declare the vaccine ineffective.
Maroon Elephant
AG
Maroon Dawn, do you work for one of the pharma companies involved in distribution? I have a friend who does and he was originally told January, but now he's hearing same thing. Plan on distribution to medical personnel and military as early as mid October. I hope that's true.
rhoswen
AG
I think lots of people will continue wearing masks long after mandates end because it makes them feel superior.
beerad12man
AG
waitwhat? said:

Cassius said:

There will be plenty of us that just eventually say f*** it to the masks when it's clear they aren't needed. I don't see this becoming a norm.
beerad12man
AG
rhoswen said:

I think lots of people will continue wearing masks long after mandates end because it makes them feel superior.
And good for them. They'll be idiots at that point.
beerad12man
AG
jefe95 said:

To me, it couldn't be more clear than when this things starts, short of wuhan style lock downs, it's spreading through the population. Masks likely help a "little", but they aren't going to stop it once it's this rampant. All you have to do is look at other graphs. Hong kong going back up with likely 100% mask compliance. California has mandated masks for months with nothing to really show for it. Here in texas, it doesn't seem to be taking in just yet.

Meanwhile, NYC is trending down because they hit their 20% or so.

Only herd immunity(which luckily seems to be at 20% due to the burnout theory presented by many as opposed to 70-80% for some viruses) or a vaccine will truly control it. So in Texas, we will begin trending down in a month or so once we hit that 20% number, IMHO. Maybe masks can help keep a hospital from being overwhelmed in the meantime, but it isn't going to reduce the spread enough to control it like the burnout theory seems to suggest.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.