Houston ICU is 90% full and expected to exceed capacity in just 2 weeks

35,466 Views | 282 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Onceaggie2.0
The Sparrow Prince
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RAB91 said:

Houston is barely hanging on. This is what I saw when out earlier.

South loop and i45
Romello
Guys, I'm hunkered down here in my basement in an nondiisclosed location in Houston. I've been down here for the last month. Can somebody tell me if there is any sign of life in what we call the upperworld?
cmag
The hospital I work at has been performing electives since we reopened. This week we had to stop some electives that might require an inpatient bed for post-op because we can't accommodate them. We've plateaued at 95% capacity of ICU and around 90% medsurg beds. We can't go higher because the staff is stretched too thin. If it doesn't get worse, we'll be fine.
FattyDelights
We're never going back to normal.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Romello said:

Guys, I'm hunkered down here in my basement in an nondiisclosed location in Houston. I've been down here for the last month. Can somebody tell me if there is any sign of life in what we call the upperworld?
I'll get you up to speed brother:

Schools remain closed; teachers refuse to go back to work.

Racism was eradicated from NASCAR after a driver confused a garage door rope pull for a symbol of hate.

Jizzlane Maxwell of Epstein fame is now in prison; the judge in the case was attacked by a hitman and family was killed.

'Mostly peaceful' protesters in Portland attack the federal courthouse every night, local cops have been told to stand down, and federal officers assigned to protect the federal building are being called Trump's Stormtroopers.

Masks are required everywhere, even outside in 100 degree heat; code enforcement officers patrol the beaches with lengths of rope to verify beach umbrellas are the prescribed distance apart.

There continues to be a failure of leadership at every level of government; the economy is collapsing and the main focus of politicians is renaming **** and tearing down monuments.

There is an expectation of massive layoffs after October 1st; nation is preparing for a massive amount of bankruptcies.

Universities still think kids are gonna take out loans and pay big bucks to take online classes.

Baseball started without fans and first basemen carry hand sanitizer for the runner.

A cold war with China is ramping up; closing consulates in both countries.

The Three Gorges dam in China might collapse and kill 400 million people.

Dr. Fauci the Corona virus guru is on the cover of InStyle Magazine and has received death threats.

And we're all racists and Sully is gonna be removed from the front of the Academic building to teach us a lesson.

That's the high points, welcome back.
fullback44
AG
You forgot to add that Joe Biden is down in the basement fighting some kind of dementia while he hides from the Ukraine government who want him for questioning
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Dr. Fauci the Corona virus guru is on the cover of InStyle Magazine and has received death threats.

But how was his fastball?
Romello

Romello said:

Racism was eradicated from NASCAR after a driver confused a garage door rope pull for a symbol of hate.

Jizzlane Maxwell of Epstein fame is now in prison; the judge in the case was attacked by a hitman and family was killed.

'Mostly peaceful' protesters in Portland attack the federal courthouse every night, local cops have been told to stand down, and federal officers assigned to protect the federal building are being called Trump's Stormtroopers.

Masks are required everywhere, even outside in 100 degree heat; code enforcement officers patrol the beaches with lengths of rope to verify beach umbrellas are the prescribed distance apart.

There continues to be a failure of leadership at every level of government; the economy is collapsing and the main focus of politicians is renaming **** and tearing down monuments.

There is an expectation of massive layoffs after October 1st; nation is preparing for a massive amount of bankruptcies.

Universities still think kids are gonna take out loans and pay big bucks to take online classes.

Baseball started without fans and first basemen carry hand sanitizer for the runner.

Well, if at least 1 old person was saved it was all worth it. On second thought, I think I might just stay down here for good. I don't want to run into a scary garage door rope. Stay safe.
chickenfingers
AG
Well the rope was tied >5 years ago so chances are the racists are still out there. Lurking in the shadows waiting to strike again
Stat Monitor Repairman
Forgot to mention:

The Pentagon has admitted to being in possession of 'off world vehicles.'

In entertainment news .. Top Gun 2 has been postponed a year and Joe Rogan is moving to Austin next week.
fullback44
AG

Forgot to mention:

The Pentagon has admitted to being in possession of 'off world vehicles.'

In entertainment news .. Top Gun 2 has been postponed a year and Joe Rogan is moving to Austin next week.

Wonder if they captured the Death Star ? Darth Vader is real, I knew it all along
EKUAg
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

But how was his fastball?

Belton Ag
AG
MaxPower said:

I live in EaDo. Here's the view looking over Buffalo Bayou.

Man, with all the buildings downtown gone, now you can see the mountains.
monarch
S
My son lives in Eado. That's why I haven't heard from him a few days; it's all gone!
BusterAg
AG
ICU bed useage is going to stay just under capacity due to pent up demand for critical medical care that wasn't urgent.

Check out this graph:

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYjU5MzU4NjAtZWJjMC00MTllLTkwYjYtMzE4ODY1YjAyMGU2IiwidCI6ImI3MjgwODdjLTgwZTgtNGQzMS04YjZmLTdlMGUzYmUxMGUwOCIsImMiOjN9

I think Texas will be at 90% of ICU usage for a long time.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms … disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

--Thomas Jefferson
wasntme
dBoy99 said:

Toptierag2018 said:

https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/proposed-early-warning-monitoring-and-mitigation-metrics/

What's the latest orders put in place in Harris County? I'm not up to date on them.

Houston is one of the biggest if not the biggest hub for medical care. This is scary.

If you get scared half to death, twice...will you die?
Privileged Ag
BusterAg said:

ICU bed useage is going to stay just under capacity due to pent up demand for critical medical care that wasn't urgent.

Check out this graph:

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYjU5MzU4NjAtZWJjMC00MTllLTkwYjYtMzE4ODY1YjAyMGU2IiwidCI6ImI3MjgwODdjLTgwZTgtNGQzMS04YjZmLTdlMGUzYmUxMGUwOCIsImMiOjN9

It usually is.
AnScAggie
AG
Toptier is an embarrassment to the human race.
Onceaggie2.0
AnScAggie said:

not as bad as thomas fords post on the covid board crying that BCS hospitals were down to one bed.
hdrydor
AG

Romello said:

And we're all racists and Sully is gonna be removed from the front of the Academic building to teach us a lesson.

Excellent summary! How are Chicago, Portland, Seattle, and New York City doing these days?
fullback44
AG
wasntme said:

dBoy99 said:

Toptierag2018 said:

https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/proposed-early-warning-monitoring-and-mitigation-metrics/

What's the latest orders put in place in Harris County? I'm not up to date on them.

Houston is one of the biggest if not the biggest hub for medical care. This is scary.

If you get scared half to death, twice...will you die?

Im so frightened right now I'm out searching for a cliff to jump off of.. I was out driving around ooking for a big cliff when I remembered I didn't have a sheeple outfit ... ruined my night when I couldn't get a sheeple outfit .. couldn't jump off the cliff ... now I'm at home w no sheeple outfit and no cliff to jump off of...

Hell.. maybe I can find a protest
AnScAggie
AG
FPS_Dough said:

AnScAggie said:

not as bad as thomas fords post on the covid board crying that BCS hospitals were down to one bed.
Haha!
InternetFan02
AG
BusterAg said:

Check out this graph:

great time to invest in medical infrastructure and build more hospitals
Onceaggie2.0
Sorry for the bump OP can you update me on Houston Hospitals? Please im worried.
BQ78
AG
Didn't you listen to the Barr hearings yesterday? The only reason they have room in the Houston ICUs is they sent all the COVID patients home to die.
CSTXAg92
AG
Toptierag2018 said:

Time to start prescribing Hydroxychloroquine + Zinc stat!
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TheCougarHunter
AG
2 more weeks?
dBoy99
AG
I love bumping these threads...

Where is Topfearag2018 now?

I am part of the problem.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Onceaggie2.0
dBoy99 said:

I love bumping these threads...

Where is Topfearag2018 now?
Waiting for him to respond where did he go?
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Current icu capacity and admissions

https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/overview-of-tmc-icu-bed-capacity-and-occupancy/

Looks like the link had changed
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
The TC Jester
Guys, just two more months...
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.