***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

944,658 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
Wildcat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Silent For Too Long
I'm taking both Gary and Met's refusal to engage with rather straight forward questions as all the proof that I need on where their agenda lies.

Ya'll don't give the slightest Schiff about the truth. You are only concerned with whatever you can spin to fit your narrative.

Same as your puppeteers in the DNC and Media. This is precisely why this whole thing is going to blow up in your faces.
FriscoKid
AG
MetoliusAg said:

A very bad week for Sondland just got worse.

There was an open investigation already under the DOJ. Why do you keep ignoring this? You are a liar to keep peddling the theory that Trump wanted Ukraine to dig up dirt on Biden. Trump wanted Ukraine to assist in an ongoing investigation. I don't give a damn what you believe, to be honest. But, any lurker needs to have the record set straight.
titan
S

Meanwhile, the ultimate rebuttal and why the Center and Right should not pay attention (as in act on) any of this is: The Democrats, Media (but that is repeating oneself) and Left declared intention to impeach Trump in the month of his inauguration. They had already set up a campaign to ruin him before swearing in. In fact, it looks like the election might have been rigged for Hillary after all -- and the unhinged behavior is because Trump and the voters wouldn't do their part and just stumble along like the go-along Republicans of Romney's run in 2012 and Boehner's House after the Senate win in 2014.
MetoliusAg
titan said:

There is also the matter the pro-Brennan whistleblower doesn't even qualify for that status, and should be brought forth. Not that any of this matters or is in good faith.
If you're referring to the status of the WB who submitted the complaint about the Trump-Zelensky phone call and other related improper actions, the ICIG concluded the opposite of what you claim.
MouthBQ98
AG
Nothing we don't know. The issue is that as the chief law enforcement agent AND the executive with the power to make and carry out treaties, the president is allowed, perhaps even obligated to carry out corruption investigations and negotiate with other governments on carrying them out. If we don't want presidents to have that power, we ought to remove it the proscribed way.
End Of Message
MouthBQ98
AG
The ICIG did not have all the information we all now possess st the time that decision was rendered, months ago.
Silent For Too Long
MetoliusAg said:

titan said:

There is also the matter the pro-Brennan whistleblower doesn't even qualify for that status, and should be brought forth. Not that any of this matters or is in good faith.
If you're referring to the status of the WB who submitted the complaint about the Trump-Zelensky phone call and other related improper actions, the ICIG concluded the opposite of what you claim.
Right, and the FISA court concluded that the Steel Dossier was legit.

There is a reason why the American public is losing faith in the those who have been positioned as the arbiters of truth.
Cassius
are the hearings over yet?

Let's get this thing to the Senate where we can drop it like a hot potato.
chimmy
FriscoKid said:

MetoliusAg said:

There was an open investigation already under the DOJ. Why do you keep ignoring this? You are a liar to keep peddling the theory that Trump wanted Ukraine to dig up dirt on Biden. Trump wanted Ukraine to assist in an ongoing investigation. I don't give a damn what you believe, to be honest. But, any lurker needs to have the record set straight.
I think he's talking about Sondland's liability for perjury since this information was not included in his original testimony or his amendment.

Do we know what department under the DOJ is handling the investigation or when it was opened?
captkirk
AG
hbtheduce said:

MetoliusAg said:

aginlakeway said:

hbtheduce said:

MetoliusAg said:

Quote:

As a corollary, Pelosi was just on doing her weekly presser. She flat out accused Trump of bribery and then completely dismissed the notion that hearsay was inadmissible in court.
You were taught all hearsay is inadmissable in court? Interesting.

Just out of curiousity, what law school taught you this? Because your claim contradicts what numerous ex-DOJ attorneys and criminal defense attorneys have stated.
Quote:

Bribery? I'll give you lethal military aid if you give me Biden's head on a silver platter. Is that supposed to be the "bribe" here? Doesn't exactly fit, does it?
It fits like glove. Thank you for stating concisely what Trump, Giuliani, Parnas, Mulvaney, and Sondland attempted. Iirc, a few months ago your legal opinions on the 4A and Manafort search warrants were exposed as egregiously incorrect. Now you're claiming the bolded description you stated above isn't bribery and extortion. Good luck arguing that assertion in a debate.

Yes, there are exceptions to hearsay, but you think the general public knows that... It also, rightfully, makes your "evidence" look so weak, sad, and pathetic.

The framing in that quote is hyperbole. Biden's head would only be on a silver platter if he is guilty! An investigation guarantees no political damage (see mueller), unless you are suggesting Biden is obviously guilty?

So take into account the obvious hyperbole, you still don't have bribery and extortion because AN INVESTIGATION IS NOT SOMETHING OF VALUE. I wish I could make the text size 32 because its the point you always ignore.

Plus. You believed Trump was a Russian asset, so I wouldn't throw any stones on being wrong in the past. Engage the argument lightweight.
BINGO. You can't commit bribery or extortion without trying to obtain something of value. Just a fact ...
In return for the held-up US aid, Trump, Giuliani, and Sondland asked for things of value to Trump and his 2020 campaign. Hth.

An investigation is not something of value.

If so, we need to arrest the entire FBI right now for their political contributions to candidates for EVERY ****ING INVESTIGATION THEY HAVE EVER DONE ON A POLITICIAN.

Wouldn't this also open every criminal referral made by a member of congress an illegal solicitation for a campaign contribution? BRAIN TRUST
How would an investigation of Biden help Trump. I've been told there was no corruption by Biden and its all just a debunked conspiracy theory. Wouldn't it follow, then that an investigation would exonerate and help Biden?
FriscoKid
AG
chimmy said:

FriscoKid said:

MetoliusAg said:

I think he's talking about Sondland's liability for perjury since this information was not included in his original testimony or his amendment.
He didn't purger himself. You and Stephenville and Gary are whipping yourself into a mad rage chasing shadows.
MouthBQ98
AG
That's been my point. An investigation could have three outcomes. Evidence of guilt, exhoneration, or inconclusive. In Our legal system, two of those three are good for the subject, and one is politically beneficial and another not necessarily harmful.
Claverack
We were just entertained by the first day of the public impeachment hearings. We heard testimony from the purported key witnesses for the prosecution, words under oath that were supposed to condemn Trump to an early close to his first term.

Given the importance of the moment, the gravitas of the witnesses, and the incredible first-hand knowledge of the subject both individuals displayed throughout the course of the trial, there is only one question to ask:

Why, on the impeachment thread, are the "patriots" talking about everything except the first day of public impeachment testimony?
Gary Johnson
Quote:

How would an investigation of Biden help Trump.

How would a sham public announcement of "an investigation" with the appearance that the Ukrainians discovered something independently into the leading dem opponent help? Come on.
Silent For Too Long
Because the party that has opened up 375 million investigations on Trump thinks it's bad form to open investigations on political rivals.
chimmy
FriscoKid said:

chimmy said:

FriscoKid said:

MetoliusAg said:

He didn't purger himself. You and Stephenville and Gary are whipping yourself into a mad rage chasing shadows.

Maybe he did and maybe he didn't. The fact is, the testimonies don't align. Do you want to dispute that?

No rage here. This show is very entertaining.

captkirk
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

That's been my point. An investigation could have three outcomes. Evidence of guilt, exhoneration, or inconclusive. In Our legal system, two of those three are good for the subject, and one is politically beneficial and another not necessarily harmful.
They've told us we are stupid to believe there was corruption, so from their point of view, there could only be 2 outcomes and neither would help Trump. Case closed
titan
S
Silent For Too Long said:

Because the party that has opened up 375 million investigations on Trump thinks it's bad form to open investigations on political rivals.
Yes, right up there with their sonorous pronouncement in the hearing:

Quote:

[must teach nations] not to use their justice systems for political purposes and retribution
Its Dark Comedy!
captkirk
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

How would a sham public announcement of "an investigation" with the appearance that the Ukrainians discovered something independently into the leading dem opponent help? Come on.

You guys have had one sham investigation after another on Trump, yet he keeps winning
titan
S
MetoliusAg said:

titan said:

I just heard it read that the description of whistle blower as pertaining to a matter of intel, and involving a member of intel, did not apply here, rather self-evidently.

If that is mistaken, then the statement is withdrawn.

hbtheduce
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

Earlier, you (or met) were arguing that Trump should give up all the documents and send all his minions to participate in the dems investigation.

Should Biden welcome an investigation? He should send all the evidence he has to Bill Barr now to clear his name. He should also come voluntarily to the senate, under oath, and tell his side of the story...

Further, a public announcement aligns Ukraine with the US DOJ, and makes sure they comply quickly with evidence requests.
FireAg
AG
Again I ask...

Where is the smoking gun?

There are no captured burglars...

There are no tapes...

There is no blue dress...

Where is the hard evidence?
MetoliusAg
Good twitter thread explainer on what's next for the two ongoing court cases seeking Trump financial docs from Mazars accounting firm:

The wheels of justice grind slowly but finely.
Gary Johnson
Quote:

Quote:

You guys have had one sham investigation after another on Trump, yet he keeps winning
Nice pivot, it's obvious how this helps him even though you pretended not to know.

As for "keeps winning", the last 6 weeks haven't been too hot.
Rockdoc
AG
He seems to be doing fine. With Schiff as the face of the left, I'd worry about that.
Silent For Too Long
He's raised millions of dollars and public approval for impeachment is declining.

Yeah, been a real tough week for the Orange Fella.
Gary Johnson

He's raised millions of dollars and public approval for impeachment is declining.

He's down over 10 points to Biden in the RCP average.

Impeachment is not a national popular vote, but do you have any polls showing post-public hearing sentiment?
MetoliusAg
Silent For Too said:

Right, and the FISA court concluded that the Steel Dossier was legit.
Now see, you just revealed how ignorant you are about FISA warrants and the role of the FIS Court. Smh.
Silent For Too Long
Oh hey, Gary and Met can read my posts.

Ok, now that we have established that, could you please address the question I raised a few hours ago?

Does it bother you that Schiff is lying about his knowledge of the leaker? Why do you think he would do that?
Rockdoc
AG
So glad you guys still like polls. You'll be happy alllll the way up til election night. Don't worry...,be happy!
will25u
Gary Johnson said:

He's down over 10 points to Biden in the RCP average.

Impeachment is not a national popular vote, but do you have any polls showing post-public hearing sentiment?
And Hillary was up 10 points on Trump at this point and we know how that turned out.
Silent For Too Long
Enlighten me. Please shed the light on my ignorance.
Good Poster
AG
Metolius is truly the most entertaining part about Texags to me right now. Free entertainment.
First Page Last Page
Page 91 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.