Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,484,039 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by aggiehawg
Long Live Sully
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
VegasAg86 said:

I'm in!
Alrighty.. I'll send you wiring instructions for the first month's payment.
FbgTxAg
AG
I didn't think it was possible for me to be MORE cynical about the lack of accountability and nefariousness of our beloved Government.

But after the Horowitz "nothingburger" and this Awan cover-up, I really have no more hope left that any sort of justice will be done. None.

The matrix protects itself.
EKUAg
AG
So far the only Justice for this stuff is Just Us!
VaultingChemist
AG
Interesting theory....

Bird Poo
AG
jjeffers1 said:

I didn't think it was possible for me to be MORE cynical about the lack of accountability and nefariousness of our beloved Government.

But after the Horowitz "nothingburger" and this Awan cover-up, I really have no more hope left that any sort of justice will be done. None.

The matrix protects itself.

Same here. I hardly check this thread anymore I'm so discouraged that this whole thing will amount to jack squat.

When DOJ and FBI brass realize they're untouchable even with someone like Trump in office, it's hard to imagine where we're headed.
drcrinum
VaultingChemist said:

Interesting theory....

VaultingChemist
AG
Another article on the NSA dump and the Awan case....A Strange Unsettling Day

Quote:

The House Intelligence Committee released a declassified version of their complete report on Russian election interference Report on Russian Active Measures. It noted the following:

Finding #16: The Intelligence Community Assessment judgments on Putin's strategic intentions did not employ proper analytic tradecraft.

Again, if you haven't read, The Uncovering Mike Rogers' Investigation, Section 702 FISA Abuse & the FBI, I encourage you to do so. It details the incredible level of FISA Abuse uncovered by Admiral Mike Rogers.
tsuag10
AG
VaultingChemist said:

Another article on the NSA dump and the Awan case....A Strange Unsettling Day

Quote:

The House Intelligence Committee released a declassified version of their complete report on Russian election interference Report on Russian Active Measures. It noted the following:

Finding #16: The Intelligence Community Assessment judgments on Putin's strategic intentions did not employ proper analytic tradecraft.

Again, if you haven't read, The Uncovering Mike Rogers' Investigation, Section 702 FISA Abuse & the FBI, I encourage you to do so. It details the incredible level of FISA Abuse uncovered by Admiral Mike Rogers.

Good read.

This part is pretty much my thoughts:
Quote:

But today left me unsettled.

The NSA CDR deletion feels remarkably like the end result of some far larger game being played on a field we can't see. Or play on.
sam callahan
I've had loads of doubts throughout that anything resembling justice will be served.

Having said that, some of you naysayers better be careful. Folks in these parts don't take kindly to having their distorted reality pierced.
RoscoePColtrane

Case Dismissed so much for interesting discovery of the DNC....

Quote:

CONCLUSION
In summation, this is the wrong forum for plaintiffs' lawsuit. The Court takes no position
on the merits of plaintiffs' claims. It holds only that plaintiffs have failed to carry their burden to
demonstrate that this Court has jurisdiction and is the appropriate venue. Nor are plaintiffs
entitled to jurisdictional discovery. Therefore, the Court denies plaintiffs' motion for
jurisdictional discovery and dismisses their suit without prejudice.
https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4573209/DNCbreach20180703.pdf
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
richardag
RoscoePColtrane said:

Case Dismissed so much for interesting discovery of the DNC....

Quote:

CONCLUSION
In summation, this is the wrong forum for plaintiffs' lawsuit. The Court takes no position
on the merits of plaintiffs' claims. It holds only that plaintiffs have failed to carry their burden to
demonstrate that this Court has jurisdiction and is the appropriate venue. Nor are plaintiffs
entitled to jurisdictional discovery. Therefore, the Court denies plaintiffs' motion for
jurisdictional discovery and dismisses their suit without prejudice.
https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4573209/DNCbreach20180703.pdf

"It holds only that plaintiffs have failed to carry their burden to demonstrate that this Court has jurisdiction and is the appropriate venue."

I don't understand legal terminology so I am wondering:
Does that mean they can take their lawsuit to another court?

Edit to add: Hopefully this ridiculous lawsuit is dead. Or was the ruling done to prevent discovery?
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
RoscoePColtrane
The fact that it was dismissed without prejudice leaves the door open to go elsewhere, or even refile there, they would just have to meet the thresh hold to show proper jurisdiction I assume.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Need to confer with Dixie and Blindley if this fine print leaves the door open for Awan to be charged elsewhere, like another district since there are over 90 to choose from? The wording seems deliberate. Granted he's open to civil procedures anywhere, but it's the first part about:

Quote:

Your client further understands that this Agreement is binding only upon the Criminal and Superior Court Divisions of the United States Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia.

To me this leaves the door open for prosecution in a different district if need be. i.e. EDVA

Code 7 10-42
HTownAg98
It basically serves as limiting language. If he is charged with another crime in another district, that district can't use this agreement to compel him to do anything. Flynn has similar language in his as well, but it applies to the special counsel.
RoscoePColtrane
Well it seems like Rex is leaning that way as well he just made this thread

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1014490902830538755.html

Quote:

1. OK, I think this is a genius move by Jeff Sessions.

The supposed DOJ Awan case 'cover up' has upset many. But when you read the fine print, the plea only applies to DC

2. A Federal prosecutor has power to bring a case against a US citizen anywhere in the US. There's no law against it.

If you break a Federal law in California, a Federal prosecutor can empanel a GJ and take action against you in Florida.

3. In this recent case, a Utah Federal GJ indicted NYC (ex- FBI agent), Connecticut & Massachusetts residents for a breach of Federal law, for bad stuff they did - in Afghanistan.

4. Sessions knew that there was NO WAY that a scandal the enormity of Awan/DWS would EVER get a fair trial in DC. The place is an amoral, corrupt MESS.

So he's using the IG system, to by-pass a corrupt judiciary.

5. Judge Tanya Chutkan is a partisan, Obama ideologue. Any Awan hearing in front of her would have been delayed, choked, throttled - or rigged.

She'd make sure of that.

So Sessions made sure she never got the chance. This plea deal is a masterstroke.

6. The deal is binding ONLY in DC. Nowhere else in the USA.

It allows ANY DOJ Attorney with Federal jurisdiction to take action against the Awans, or DWS, if evidence exists that a Federal crime(s) has occurred.

NOTHING Judge Chutkan can do about it.

7. The evidence can come from pretty much anyone. It can certainly come from the Inspector General of the House of Reps

8. The IG, Mike Ptasienski, has been clear that he's convinced something seriously bad was happening with the Awans.

He's testified to Congress that data was siphoned off the House network by the Awans, two months before the US presidential election

9. Now we don't know if this is being funnelled through US Attorney Huber in Utah, or if Sessions has appointed other US Attorneys, elsewhere in the US.

My instincts suggest the latter.

BIGLY.

10. But you can be sure that Sessions has moved this out of DC, to a less corrupt Federal GJ.

And there is sweet FA that DWS, or any of the Democrats, can do about it.

MASTERSTROKE.

#Happy4th

#MAGA

The end.

Code 7 10-42
BMX Bandit
Lots of terrible information there.

The "example" he gives involved things that happened in Utah, not Afghanistan.

And a Florida USA can't have a trial against someone in Florida for a California crime.

That guy is just saying what people want to hear. He has no credibility at all after that nonsense
Patentmike
AG
I thought the hook was they couldn't prosecute Awan for any other crimes listed in the facts of the plea deal--or something like that.

The other potential hook was that that the prosecutor says we acknowledge we don't have evidence showing that Awan stole the server or improperly removed data from the house electronic data storage...I.e. We're not declining to prosecute, the case didn't exist. That might mean Awan us still in jeopardy for those crimes.
PatentMike, J.D.
BS Biochem
MS Molecular Virology

Hogties
AG
Any thread that starts with "this is a genius move by Sessions" automatically has no credibility. That guy is useless. The only genius move he can do is resign.

drcrinum
BMX Bandit said:

And a Florida USA can't have a trial against someone in Florida for a California crime.

That guy is just saying what people want to hear. He has no credibility at all after that nonsense
Imperator Rex is an attorney, and he is talking about federal crimes.
RoscoePColtrane
My original question was related to those last two paragraphs where is designates that the plea deal is only binding in the DC District. My question is can they try him in the EDVA which crimes in DC would fall into that jurisdiction like the way they split up Manafort's case. Judge Chutkan is a Obama crony judge. If they had to get him out of the DC courts this is a way to do it right? And isn't DWS brother Steve Wasserman part of that US DC office?

Not that it matters I don't think Steve Wasserman was directly working the case, but with Sessions recused from everything other than Border Security and Marijuana no telling what went on.
Code 7 10-42
fasthorse05
Since most Dems don't recognize the term "conflict of interest", it wouldn't surprise me if Wasserman WAS involved somewhere, somehow.
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
drcrinum
RoscoePColtrane said:

My original question was related to those last two paragraphs where is designates that the plea deal is only binding in the DC District. My question is can they try him in the EDVA which crimes in DC would fall into that jurisdiction like the way they split up Manafort's case. Judge Chutkan is a Obama crony judge. If they had to get him out of the DC courts this is a way to do it right? And isn't DWS brother Steve Wasserman part of that US DC office?

Not that it matters I don't think Steve Wasserman was directly working the case, but with Sessions recused from everything other than Border Security and Marijuana no telling what went on.
Judge Chutkan is a she -- Tanya Chutkan -- appointed by Obama and a staunch supporter of abortion in her rulings. Her husband is also a DC judge, appointed by Obama. When she was in private practice, she defended Theranos, the latter's CEO, Elizabeth Holmes, being a major fundraiser for HRC. So she is a Dem favorite for certain.
RoscoePColtrane
drcrinum said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

Judge Chutkan is a she -- Tanya Chutkan -- appointed by Obama and a staunch supporter of abortion in her rulings. Her husband is also a DC judge, appointed by Obama. When she was in private practice, she defended Theranos, the latter's CEO, Elizabeth Holmes, being a major fundraiser for HRC. So she is a Dem favorite for certain.
HIM = AWAN

Harry Reid used the nuclear option primarily to pack the DC courts to protect Obama Care. Now they are using it to protect their asses. Got to get out of the DC courts.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
These fear mongering *******s need to STFU

Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

Sorry, I misread that sentence in your post.
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1014351249754415110.html

Well, well...looks like we have another candidate for a 'private contractor' involving unauthorized 702 queries...Integrity Applications Incorporated. They need to question Strzok about this outfit. Sounds very suspicious considering the cyber expertise of this outfit and its DOD contracts. I can imagine how an outfit like this could have 'secretive' access to the NSA database.
BMX Bandit
drcrinum said:

BMX Bandit said:

I know he's talking about federal crimes. And still full of it.

drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1014490921461796864.html

A critique on the Senate Intel Committee's report on Obama's Intelligence Community Assessment (ICA) report; i.e., a critique on the Senate Snake Committee's report on Obama's Snake Pit report.
drcrinum

Great reference document to have readily available. Lists all the participants and people associated with the intelligence plot (hundreds), often including links to relevant info.
benchmark
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

"Never attempt to murder someone who's committing suicide." Woodrow Wilson, 1916
fasthorse05
BMX Bandit said:

drcrinum said:

BMX Bandit said:

I know he's talking about federal crimes. And still full of it.

One of the very difficult issues of politics is knowing who's a good, quality, writer, and who's just writing to their teams agenda. Out of all of the writers on threadreaderapp, I've always considered Rex to be one of the most trustworthy. It's taken me a long time to edify myself on writers who bring facts and figures to the page in a readable manner.

That makes your post very disconcerting, because it's nice to have a solid frame or refernce before I open my mouth, or post on TA, as it were.
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
AgDotCom
RoscoePColtrane said:

Quote:

Generations of brave Americans from servicemembers to civil rights activists have fought to expand the promise of equality for more Americans and move our country forward in its march toward a more perfect union.

First throws "brave Americans" and "equality for more Americans" in our face then pounds his chest about non-Americans being separated from each other at our southern borders.

This whole steaming turd of a statement drips with irony.
RoscoePColtrane
drcrinum said:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1014490921461796864.html

A critique on the Senate Intel Committee's report on Obama's Intelligence Community Assessment (ICA) report; i.e., a critique on the Senate Snake Committee's report on Obama's Snake Pit report.

Yeah they seemed to have conveniently left out the part about the Susan Rice Stand Down Order, that Obama's Cyber Defense Czar testified about in front of their committee under oath that he was told to not take action to fight off the "Russian" aggression in the 2016 election.
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/07/michael-flynn-case-guilty-plea-not-going-away/

Sobering article on General Flynn from Andrew McCarthy.
MooreTrucker
AG
sam callahan said:

I've had loads of doubts throughout that anything resembling justice will be served.

Having said that, some of you naysayers better be careful. Folks in these parts don't take kindly to having their distorted reality pierced.
Snide comment aside, I think you're wrong on that. I think more and more of us ARE having doubts. I'm all for 5D chess and all, but patience is not one of my strong suits. It seems as though we're moving away from anything actually being done.
First Page Last Page
Page 511 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.