Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,489,726 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by aggiehawg
RoscoePColtrane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glad you brought it up

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/alan-dershowitz-maybe-robert-mueller-should-be-investigated

And for a bonus the Federalist has an interesting take

http://thefederalist.com/2018/04/19/revealed-robert-muellers-fbi-repeatedly-abused-prosecutorial-discretion/#.Wt4XB4zE8C4.twitter
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
ccatag
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

From tonight's episode, here's poor Sally Yates, the woman who stood against the meanie. What a load of crap

Yates is mini-me Elizabeth Warren. Pocahontas two-point-0
RoscoePColtrane
This date will be up in a week

Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

This date will be up in a week

Papadopoulus's status report was just postponed this week. I suspect this one will be too.
MEENAGGIE09
AG
Don't want to de-rail...

but since Truepundit is referenced throughout...I thought I would link his tweet about us (Aggies) !

Now carry on with the meaningful discussion!
drcrinum

RoscoePColtrane
So by not being recused he approved the no knock raid? That's interesting

Doubt he lasts 6 more months.
Code 7 10-42
akm91
AG
I read that as a decision Sessions made recently, not prior to the raid.
ScottH_01
AG
akm91 said:

That's how I read it as well.

But since he's not recusing himself... was he given the option before the raid or did Rod just take it upon himself to recuse his boss and sign off on the order himself?

Would seem that the non-recusal of the AG puts the initial warrant sign-off in a very odd place.
akm91
AG
ScottH_01 said:

akm91 said:

But since he's not recusing himself... was he given the option before the raid or did Rod just take it upon himself to recuse his boss and sign off on the order himself?

Would seem that the non-recusal of the AG puts the initial warrant sign-off in a very odd place.
Everything about this has been very odd.
RoscoePColtrane
akm91 said:

Then he would have been un-recusing himself rather than deciding not to recuse himself. If he was never recused, then he went along and approved the raid.

He's not recused by default of everything going on with the DOJ, just the Mueller investigation involving the campaign. He shouldn't have to decide what he will NOT be recusing himself from by default.

The minute it was passed off to the SDNY it was his to deal with.

Either do your job or resign, pretty simple.
Code 7 10-42
FbgTxAg
AG
I don't think I could have a lower opinion of Jeff Sessions right now. If he's playing the long-game by making himself seem Uber-impartial and behind the scenes being the silent assassin, I'll eat crow.
TAMU1990
AG
Yates, Ohr, Page, McCabe, Strok, etc are the swamp. People who no one would know anything about, except for this scandal.
MouthBQ98
AG
It's stunning how many people are naively or willfully ignorant of most or all of the information in this thread. Angry enraged heads in the sand, because the emerging corrupt truth doesn't serve the right political objectives.
RoscoePColtrane

Say What? Had to be during Obama's Administration because Trump takes very little medication,

Quote:

Committee Chairman Johnny Isakson, R-Ga., and ranking member Jon Tester, D-Mont., announced the decision Tuesday morning, after accusations surfaced about Jackson drinking while on the job and improperly handing out medication.

Jackson had been scheduled to face the Veterans panel on Wednesday. No new date has been set.

Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

aggiehawg
AG
ScottH_01 said:

akm91 said:

I don't think Sessions knew anything about the Cohen raid in advance. Because of the referral by Mueller, Rosenstein just took it upon himself to assume Sessions' recusal applied.

(Which if you think about it could have been a ploy all along. Need to see what the hell was in that referral.)
Patentmike
AG
aggiehawg said:

ScottH_01 said:

akm91 said:

I don't think Sessions knew anything about the Cohen raid in advance. Because of the referral by Mueller, Rosenstein just took it upon himself to assume Sessions' recusal applied.

(Which if you think about it could have been a ploy all along. Need to see what the hell was in that referral.)
Which may also explain the rumor that Rosenstein is thinking about stepping down.
PatentMike, J.D.
BS Biochem
MS Molecular Virology

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
aggiehawg said:

That is how I envisioned that it went down, too. Muller passed it on to Rosenstein, Roesnstein green lighted the raid without asking whether the recusal is in play, and passed along to S.D.N.Y.

When Sessions got wind of the **** show, he went and tapped on Roesnstein's door and said, "hey, buddy...this angle you're chasing isn't covered by my recusal. Looks like you've created quite a mess, so I'll be stepping in and taking control. Thanks."

Long story short, Rosenstein decided he was in a forgiveness instead of permission situation.
aggiehawg
AG
Mueller's prosecutorial tactics keep getting more and more suspect, in my view. Despite the recusal, if I were Sessions I would want to know what was in that referral. Solid proof of some crime that Cohen committed? Or a hazy suspicion?
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

Mueller's prosecutorial tactics keep getting more and more suspect, in my view. Despite the recusal, if I were Sessions I would want to know what was in that referral. Solid proof of some crime that Cohen committed? Or a hazy suspicion?
Has Weismann like fingerprints all over it.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

aggiehawg said:

Notice Mueller never signs any of the pleadings?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
aggiehawg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

aggiehawg said:

Notice Mueller never signs any of the pleadings?
That's never really bothered me because I see that happen all the time from other authorities in other capacities.
aggiehawg
AG
Have a hard time believing Mueller is too busy to sign any pleadings.
akm91
AG
aggiehawg said:

That's how he intends to maintain his "reputation"
aggiehawg
AG
Is Skadden, Arps trying to avoid a raid?

LINK

Quote:

Greg Craig, the White House counsel for President Barack Obama, abruptly left his law firm as it has come under scrutiny from the special counsel's investigation.

A spokeswoman for Skadden Arps confirmed to The Daily Caller News Foundation that Craig is no longer with the firm. She did not address whether his departure is related to Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation.
RoscoePColtrane
Darn sure suspect. But those FARA issues is a way in.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Darn sure suspect. But those FARA issues is a way in.
Well, if Mueller is following the Ukraine stuff stemming from Manafort, Greg Craig should be in the same basket with Podesta. (Although I still have qualms about Ukraine being within his jurisdiction, no matter how many secret letters Rosenstein wrote.)
drcrinum
It's rather obvious from reading the article that the unidentied person in the recorded conversations is Craig.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
aggiehawg said:

It's not that he's too busy, its just how those things are done. For instance, the Region 7 U.S. Trustee's name appears on pleadings, but the US Trustee trial lawyer is the one that always signs the pleading.

Same, in my experience, for Harris County, the City of Houston, and other similar government entities. It's not really a self preservation thing. It's more of a status symbol. "I'm the 'client,' this schmuck lawyer in the signature block is the attorney of record."
aggiehawg
AG
drcrinum said:

It's rather obvious from reading the article that the unidentied person in the recorded conversations is Craig.
Indeed it is. But apparently Skadden, Arps was concerned enough to kick him to the curb, former White House counsel or no. Were they tipped off?
drcrinum
Van der Zwaan is no longer with Skadden, and his father-in-law is a Russian bigwig.
aggiehawg
AG
blindey said:

aggiehawg said:

It's not that he's too busy, its just how those things are done. For instance, the Region 7 U.S. Trustee's name appears on pleadings, but the US Trustee trial lawyer is the one that always signs the pleading.

Same, in my experience, for Harris County, the City of Houston, and other similar government entities. It's not really a self preservation thing. It's more of a status symbol. "I'm the 'client,' this schmuck lawyer in the signature block is the attorney of record."
He's got a real job that involves a ton of cases. Mueller doesn't. The lawyer that signs the pleading is the one on the line when misstatements or lies are presented to the court in pleadings.

(Sidenote: The original Manafort pleadings were a hot mess. I wouldn't have put my signature on that just our of a sense of professionalism.)
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
aggiehawg said:

blindey said:

aggiehawg said:

He's got a real job that involves a ton of cases. Mueller doesn't. The lawyer that signs the pleading is the one on the line when misstatements or lies are presented to the court in pleadings.

(Sidenote: The original Manafort pleadings were a hot mess. I wouldn't have put my signature on that just our of a sense of professionalism.)
I think we disagree a little on this one but we're on the same page. Muller is a cocky sonofoa***** and he may be trying to insulate himself with just a touch of plausible deniability.

And if a first year had come to me with whatever that first Manafort indictment was, I would have just told them, "start over and this time, at least pretend like you've got a law license."
BMX Bandit
Whether he actually signed the pleading or not, Mueller will be on the hook since he is the attorney in charge. I have heard at least three federal judges explain that in different cases. He won't be able to say "I didn't sign it" Despite rule 11 mentioning signature
First Page Last Page
Page 291 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.