Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,439,491 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by nortex97
ThunderCougarFalconBird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GCP12 said:

Sent goodlatte to the executive branch, as well.
looks like what I expected is correct. The judges ruled on the record in front of them. Have you presented evidence to meet the standard for a FISA warrant? Evidence says yes, so off you go.

Basically, they're not in on the scam. Bad actor is the FBI/DoJ.
FTAG 2000
AG
Rick Gates? lol CNN.
Fido04
AG
Gates was the deputy campaign chair and stayed with the campaign for a time even after Manafort left. Do you think that is fake?
scottimus
AG
Then why would Contreas recuse himself?
scottimus
AG
I am just responding to your statement.

A known judge associated with these cases has in fact recused himself.

That would mean they have a bad actor as well?
RoscoePColtrane
Fido04 said:

Gates was the deputy campaign chair and stayed with the campaign for a time even after Manafort left. Do you think that is fake?
He worked for the RNC as a money bundler and he worked for Manafort.

Reports of him being part of the campaign team are fake, CNN crap that was even inserted into Wikipedia, which is used as a source my a lot of lazy reporters. And look who Wikipedia cites as their reference....MOTHER JONES

enough said, your objection is overruled
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
CrazyDayDuck
93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

He thought it was all BS and that they don't work the way we were being led to believe. It sounded like he might have worked really closely with foreign surveillance because he said that was his group.
I'm sorry, but we keep getting the same refrain from FBI folks. "It's BS" is not an acceptable argument given all that has been exposed. What about it is "BS"? Because it sure looks bad, really bad. So please, please explain to us peasants how this can all be explained away. Oh, you won't explain it. We're just supposed to trust the people who are being exposed as corrupt that they really aren't corrupt? That they have the gall to act offended that they're being questioned about it is so damn insulting.

Actually, I was listening to a former rank-and-file agent a year ago and he was pretty disgusted with Comey. According to him, there was a war going on being the first level of management at the FBI and the second level of management. He believed it was the second level of management that forced Comey to reopen the Clinton investigation (by threatening him somehow) and then Lynch (by order of Obama) moved quickly to shutdown the reinvestigation.

Sounds like Frisco's friend was previously in the first level and was a scumbag bureaucrat who was friend's with Comey, Mueller and Rosenstein. Surprised the guy goes to church. I doubt he is a sincere Christian though. Bureaucrats put their faith in man not God.

So we need to distinguish the field agents from the politicians imo.
Rockdoc
AG
If it's a problem, sounds like it's Manaforts problem.
backintexas2013
AG
Sounds like it's race. Mueller trying to get out in front of the IG report. We know he buried why he fired Pete the Cheat and supposedly he even took some texts and won't release them. Sounds like he knows the **** is going to hit the fan.
RoscoePColtrane
Rockdoc said:

If it's a problem, sounds like it's Manaforts problem.
If he flips on Manafort he will have signed is death warrant. Manafort ain't no choir boy and knows active operators that do wetwork that likely owe him a favor.
Code 7 10-42
CrazyDayDuck
backintexas2013 said:

Sounds like it's race. Mueller trying to get out in front of the IG report. We know he buried why he fired Pete the Cheat and supposedly he even took some texts and won't release them. Sounds like he knows the **** is going to hit the fan.

The bureaucrats are going to get so pissed.

I love it.
Rockdoc
AG
Now why are we so sure of what the IG report is going to be? Have there been some preview leaks coming out? Just asking (nervous expectations)
RoscoePColtrane
Rockdoc said:

Now why are we so sure of what the IG report is going to be? Have there been some preview leaks coming out? Just asking (nervous expectations)
Him releasing all these text messages is pretty telling. An investigator would never release his best stuff, the texts were just icing for the cake....
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

Quote:

...The Legislative Branch created the FISA Court system; however, the secret court resides in the Judicial Branch. Judge Collyer is taking both requests under consideration and asks both Chairman to consider seeking relief from the Executive Branch with requests directly to the DOJ for the majority of the information they seek.

However, there is an underlying issue not being discussed within the communication yet visible in the corner amid their engagement. That issue is the possibility the DOJ may have modified the FISA documents within its possession in an effort to hide from congress the trail of a conspiracy against a presidential candidate and an incoming administration.

In essence, the FISA documents held by the court *may not be* identical to the FISA documents released by the Department of Justice. Chairman Goodlatte is seeking to rule out that possibility.

Possibility of altered FISA Court documents? Who would've ever thought about doing that? Talk about covering your tracts. Well this might get really interesting.
stetson
AG
This makes perfect sense to me. It's within her authority to release, so why else be so obtuse about it?
drcrinum
stetson said:

This makes perfect sense to me. It's within her authority to release, so why else be so obtuse about it?
No one has ever made such requests before to the FISA Court. There potentially are constitutional issues involved. She is saying the DOJ is the proper channel to follow to request the documents...but if the DOJ refuses to give Congress the documents, then I believe she will reconsider because then the constitutional issues must be addressed. Also I suspect that when Godlatte receives the documents he requested, assuming the DOJ cooperates, then he will share them with Collyer to check for accuracy.
MetoliusAg
Fido04 said:

Gates was the deputy campaign chair and stayed with the campaign for a time even after Manafort left.
The NYT, WaPo, and several other news outlets independently reported it. Gates was an integral part of the Trump campaign. From what I've read, he did a good job and was a valued member of the team, despite being blamed (if he was rightly or wrongly blamed, I don't know) for one alleged major eff-up.
stetson
AG
Quote:

The NYT, WaPo, and several other news outlets independently reported it.

Serious question. Have you been in a coma, stranded on a deserted island, kidnapped and held chained in a basement or as a political prisoner in NK for the past year and a half??
RoscoePColtrane
stetson said:

Quote:

Serious question. Have you been in a coma, stranded on a deserted island, kidnapped and held chained in a basement or as a political prisoner in NK for the past year and a half??
And a Correction was printed by the NYT June 20, 2017, where they admitted the fake news that Gates worked on the campaign and the transition team, and stated he worked for the RNC as a money bundler. The only reason Manafort was ever part of the Trump team at all, was to wrangle delegates for the RNC. Manafort was purged right after Trump accepted the nomination, and Gates remained with the RNC as a money bundler.

These trolls game is really getting weak
Code 7 10-42
Bird93
AG
Grasp grasp grasp, gasp gasp gasp, grasp grasp grasp, gasp gasp gasp
RoscoePColtrane

Just the FISC responses for reference

Code 7 10-42
Prosperdick
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

stetson said:

Quote:

And a Correction was printed by the NYT June 20, 2017, where they admitted the fake news that Gates worked on the campaign and the transition team, and stated he worked for the RNC as a money bundler. The only reason Manafort was ever part of the Trump team at all, was to wrangle delegates for the RNC. Manafort was purged right after Trump accepted the nomination, and Gates remained with the RNC as a money bundler.

These trolls game is really getting weak

Libs don't read retractions or corrections, it kills their buzz.
MetoliusAg
RoscoePColtrane said:

stetson said:

Quote:

Is this the June 20, 2017 NYT Correction you're referring to?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/19/pageoneplus/corrections-june-20-2017.amp.html

Quote:

An article on Saturday about how the Russia investigation entangled Rick Gates, a protg of Paul Manafort, the former Trump campaign chairman, referred incorrectly to work Mr. Gates and Richard Holht did on behalf of President-elect Trump. They worked on his inaugural committee; they were not part of the presidential transition team.

Nowhere in the NYT correction does it (as you claim) state Gates didn't work on Trump's campaign. Furthermore, subsequent NYT articles refer to Mr Gates work on the Trump campaign team.
Prosperdick
AG
I think I know what they will impeach Trump on....it's a bit of a stretch but I think they can make it work. Gates was responsible for plagiarism with Melania's speech....I'm sure that's how they'll nail Trump.

I can already hear David Muir tomorrow night "what did Trump know about Melania's speech and when did he know it?"
GCP12
AG
MetoliusAg
RoscoePColtrane said:

GCP12 said:

Fake news Gates was NEVER part of the Trump campaign in ANY capacity.
Roscoe, I think you do great work in this thread by providing an amazing amount of information. But people who read this thread are interested in finding out the truth regardless where it leads. So I don't understand why you're trying to distance Gates from the Trump campaign, when Rick Gates was an integral part of the day-to-day operations in the Trump campaign staff for months. He assisted Manafort, acted as one of his deputy campaign mgrs, and was constantly assisting Manafort throughout the convention floor fight.

The Trump campaign (imo) should have cut Gates loose when they fired Manafort, but they didn't. With Manafort gone, the Trump campaign gave Gates a new role. Here's Trump spokesman Jason Miller's August 19, 2016 tweet announcing Rick Gates' new role on the Trump campaign staff , as "the campaign's liason to the RNC".

https://twitter.com/jasonmillerindc/status/766690054639149056?lang=en
Rockdoc
AG
Well this thread lasted longer and than I thought it would anyway. It was great.
aggiehawg
AG
Rockdoc said:

Well this thread lasted longer and than I thought it would anyway. It was great.
Don't go away! It is just starting to get great! Plenty more coming.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Quote:

The charges against Mr. Manafort and Mr. Gates center on a series of criminal allegations related to their lobbying for a pro-Russia government of Ukraine, not to Mr. Trump or the campaign. It is widely believed that Mr. Mueller is hoping to pressure Mr. Manafort into providing information about the central subject of his investigation.

Quote:

The twelve-count indictment charges the two men with conspiracy against the United States, making false statements, money laundering, and failing to register as foreign agents for Ukraine as required by the Foreign Agents Registration Act. The charges arise from his consulting work for a pro-Russian government in Ukraine and are unrelated to the Trump campaign.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/us/politics/special-counsel-indictments.html?_r=0
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Gates_(political_consultant)

Yes they were probably trying to use this to get him to cooperate, but he likely knows very little, and like Manafort, will simply go down for unrelated crimes and FARA violations...

Nothingburger
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
backintexas2013
AG
Rockdoc said:

Don't worry. The poster only comes around when he thinks a gotcha moment. He never seems to address all the corruption from the DOJ. Like another poster who just moved the goalpost anytime it's needed.
drcrinum

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/16/general-flynn-should-withdraw-his-guilty-plea-his-new-judge-is-a-government-misconduct-expert/

Quote:

General Flynn Should WITHDRAW His Guilty Plea. His New Judge Is A Government Misconduct Expert

...people who are innocent enter guilty pleas every day. They simply can no longer withstand the unimaginable stress of a criminal investigation. They and their families suffer sheer exhaustion in every form financial, physical, mental, and emotional. Add in a little prosecutorial duress like the threat of indicting your son and, presto, there's a guilty plea.

...Emmet G. Sullivan is one judge who is ready, willing and able to hold Mr. Mueller accountable to the law and who has the wherewithal to dismiss the case against General Flynn for egregious government misconduct if Mueller doesn't move to dismiss it himself.

Judge Sullivan's experience can only help General Flynn as more evidence appears every day to reveal that Flynn should not have been prosecuted. James Comey testified to Congress that the agents who interviewed Flynn including the hopelessly compromised Peter Strzok thought Flynn was telling the truth. The entire FISA warrant application becomes more problematic by the day....

Since Flynn entered his guilty plea, we've learned that information Mr. Comey leaked deliberately to "trigger" Robert Mueller's entire investigation was classified. Also, FBI agents Peter Strzok, Lisa Page and Deputy Director Andrew McCabe were working on an "insurance policy" to protect the country against a Trump presidency. It seems plausible that this "insurance policy" included the appointment of a special prosecutor.

Indeed, the bases for throwing out everything Robert Mueller has touched grow exponentially as more truth finds sunlight.

Judge Sullivan is the country's premiere jurist experienced in the abuses of our Department of Justice. He knows a cover-up when he sees one

There is more info in the article, including details of another case where Mueller's hatchet-man, Weissmann, terrorized an individual into a guilty plea that was later reversed by the Supreme Court.
akm91
AG
Quote:

Weissmann, terrorized an individual into a guilty plea that was later reversed by the Supreme Court.
It was the Andersen conviction and it wasn't just overturned by the SC, it was obliterated (9-0).

Then there were 4 convictions against Merrill execs that were overturned on appeal as well.

He's had a history of bending/breaking the rules.

Quote:

What the Merrill defense attorneys did not know during trial was this: There were favorable witness statements that the prosecution withheld.

In 2010, Justice began releasing confidential Enron task force documents. They showed that Mr. Weissmann's team provided misleading summaries at trial of raw witness statements to the FBI and to the grand jury.

Andrew Weissmann's checkered history regarding Enron

"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
RoscoePColtrane
The ignore function works great
Code 7 10-42
Rockdoc
AG
Yeah, but I'm a freeloader so don't have that option.
FriscoKid
AG
I still wish Trump would have stood behind Flynn, but it might work out ok in the end.
Hillary paid for warrant to spy on Trump.
First Page Last Page
Page 179 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.