Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,446,503 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by nortex97
stetson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes, but where Snowden put the lives of intelligence assets at risk, this just exposes statists that are a threat to our democracy.
reb,
AG
not to derail, but the surveillance state destroys democracy, the constitution, the 4th amendment. The fault of any fall out over the snowden reveals lies not with him but with the evil state that committed the crimes he exposed.
WestTexAg12
AG
Replying just so it's not 666
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
drcrinum
The origin of the Trump dossier is just beginning to come to light. We know that Glenn Simpson of Fusion GPS & his wife had previously followed and written accounts about Paul Manafort in the 90s up thru 2007...identifying him as a shady character who moved in high government/political circles. It was when Trump named Manafort his Convention Manager on March 29, 2016 (& later Campaign Manager on May 19, 2016) that Fusion GPS devised a plan to approach the DNC about doing oppo research on Trump. Remember, Manafort's money dealings had been centered upon the Ukraine and a pro-Russian political party. There was another player you haven't heard much about, Ali (Alexandria) Chalupa who was working for the DNC, and who was also a Ukrainian and very knowledgeable about Manafort from the anti-Russian viewpoint...she was doing oppo research on Manafort as well. There is little question that Chalupa was instrumental in working with Fusion GPS regarding the dossier, but she also was involved in another ongoing story occurring at the same time...the DNC hack and Seth Rich. Chalupa's phone & laptop were compromised during the interval of the DNC hack, and the FBI actually investigated her phone and laptop (but not the DNC server). Below is a long thread focusing upon Chalupa & the DNC hacks which contains loads of reference material and leaves a host of unanswered questions.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/933335350688276480.html
reb,
AG
Crowd-sourced research and analysis is a beautiful thing. Had not heard of wakeywakey yet, following now.

In fact the combination of foia and crowdsourced research (people like Katica) and analysis (DrawAndStrike) is so potent a combo for sunlight that it's bound to be creeping some of the swamp out and I'm going to be on the lookout for any attempt to subtly neuter FOIA. You can bet "national security" would be the cover. We can't let that happen, no matter what, it's a hill with dying on.
drcrinum
More on the origin of the Trump dossier. Fusions GPS was formally hired by Perkins Coie on April 12, 2016, just days after Simpson's wife visited the White House. Fusion GPS hired Nellie Ohr on May 15, 2016, and formally hired Chris Steele to do oppo research on Trump & Russia on June 15, but remember...they were all 'friends' and obviously had been discussing plans for a period of time before the formal hirings. Now an important issue: Steele had not been to Russia since the early 90s, plus by now all his 'old contacts' in Russia were well aware that he was a spy. So do you think he really was in a position to obtain any meaningful info on Trump from his 'old contacts'? Very, very doubtful...unless you want to believe that his contacts purposely fed him info intended to be disruptive along the lines of Russian interference in the election. Here, IMO, enters Nellie Ohr with her Russian expertise including Russian social media...and let's not forget her acquiring a HAM radio license at this time...for what purpose? I believe there is a strong possibility that Nellie Ohr not only collaborated with Steele on writing the dossier, but that she was the primary source of the info (much of which came from business journals publicly available, with a few nefarious 'inventive' twists added). Well, what if Nellie Ohr was a Russian mole? The chap writing the thread below thinks so.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/940932317031419904.html
drcrinum
reb, said:

Crowd-sourced research and analysis is a beautiful thing. Had not heard of wakeywakey yet, following now.

In fact the combination of foia and crowdsourced research (people like Katica) and analysis (DrawAndStrike) is so potent a combo for sunlight that it's bound to be creeping some of the swamp out and I'm going to be on the lookout for any attempt to subtly neuter FOIA. You can bet "national security" would be the cover. We can't let that happen, no matter what, it's a hill with dying on.
IMO most of the investigative journal research is being done on or is made available thru Twitter...it's been an eye-opener for me since I joined in August. There are really some interesting people to follow.
reb,
AG
drcrinum said:

reb, said:

IMO most of the investigative journal research is being done on or is made available thru Twitter...it's been an eye-opener for me since I joined in August. There are really some interesting people to follow.
Yup. I also don't doubt that some of these people who keep proving right over and over again might be getting some outside help and hints at where to look.

Thomas Wictor, for example, seems to have a ton of access to a lot of insider knowledge in the Middle East. Photographs and footage. Maybe he's just pulling it from some public forum somewhere but I've been paying attention to him this entire calendar year and its uncanny, he has multimedia on the type of things you'd expect to be in a presentation at a CIA briefing.
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/945068687236747264.html

Author of this thread feels there is more to the relationship between FBI counsel James Baker and David Corn of Mother Jones than what has been reported...regarding the dossier.
captkirk
AG
If the pee pee dossier was used to get the FISA warrant, get ready for the STHTF. I'm now convinced it was, under increasingly apparent false pretenses. If there is even a grain of truth to the Seth Rich stuff, Enron style meltdown of our governmental institutions.

I'm just worried we may be in "too big to fail" territory, and it might all be covered up. Keep going Trump!
backintexas2013
AG
CNN did a fact check article where they says it was probably used to help get the warrant but it was only one of many pieces of information.

I think most sensible people believe it was used to get the warrant so they are now downplaying that it was important.

The other talking point is that it hasn't been proven false therefor it's not false. When asked to prove it's true the response is "well it hasn't been proven false". They disregard that Steele has suggested some of it is false.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
backintexas2013 said:

CNN did a fact check article where they says it was probably used to help get the warrant but it was only one of many pieces of information.

I think most sensible people believe it was used to get the warrant so they are now downplaying that it was important.

The other talking point is that it hasn't been proven false therefor it's not false. When asked to prove it's true the response is "well it hasn't been proven false". They disregard that Steele has suggested some of it is false.

It's the Daily Caller but.....this is one source that says it was based on the dossier:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/03/report-trump-campaign-adviser-was-under-secret-surveillance-much-earlier-than-previously-thought/

CrazyDayDuck
Dallas82 said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

drcrinum said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

whatthehey78 said:

He also stated he wants AG Sessions to quit being a "spectator" and "do his job".
Appointing Jeff Sessions to AG has been President Trump's biggest mistake.
Did you notice the report today that Sessions has ordered the investigation of Uranium One to be re-opened?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/21/report-jeff-sessions-orders-doj-re-examine-evidence-uranium-one-investigation/

I've been critical of Sessions too, but let's wait until after the full OIG Report is released in mid January. If the hammer doesn't fall then...

1) Sessions did not have to recuse himself. He was intimidated by Al Franken of all people.

Actually Sessions did have to recuse himself. It is unethical for someone to head up an investigation into an organization of which he was a member. The investigation was into the Trump campaign and transition and Sessions was a member of that group. You can't investigate yourself.

In other news,
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/366116-fbi-deputy-confirmed-to-congress-that-comey-told-him-about-trump

Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe is backing up James Comey's claims that President Donald Trump demanded his loyalty, according to multiple sources. McCabe is one of the people that Comey talked ot after his meetings with Trump. Comey's notes and conversations at that time, backed up by those he talked to, are admissable as evidence.

In other news,
http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/12/20/white-house-counsel-knew-in-january-flynn-probably-violated-the-law/

White House Counsel Knew in January Flynn Probably Violated the Law
TWhite House turned over records this fall to special counsel Robert Mueller revealing that in the very first days of the Trump presidency, Don McGahn researched federal law dealing both with lying to federal investigators and with violations of the Logan Act, a centuries-old federal law that prohibits private citizens from negotiating with foreign governments, according to three people with direct knowledge of the confidential government documents.

The records reflected concerns that McGahn, the White House counsel, had that Michael Flynn, then the president's national security advisor, had possibly violated either one or both laws at the time, according to two of the sources. The disclosure that these records exist and that they are in the possession of the special counsel could bolster any potential obstruction of justice case against President Donald Trump.

What's all this mean? Meuller may now have direct evidence that Trump knew Flynn was guilty of lying to the FBI before he asked Comey to go easy on him and then fired Comey for refusing to do so. If this chain of events proves to be accurate, then Trump is guilty of obstruction of justice. Not that it would matter unless Congress actually cared, but the idea that it was legal for Trump to fire Comey for any reason at all is false. He can fire him for any reason except an illegal one and stopping an investigation into himself and others is illegal.

You liberals are delusional.
CrazyDayDuck
UncleNateFitch said:

Muellers reputation is beginning to tarnish.

https://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2017/12/22/capital-journal-americans-view-on-mueller-has-soured/

Where's that Mueller apologist BMX these days?

ellebee
You post some interesting stuff. Whether some of the sources are valid or the info is true remains to be seen, but appreciate the effort nonetheless.
CrazyDayDuck
stetson said:

Who/what is Q?

My bet is that it is Michael Rogers of the NSA.

Supposedly he was the one that met with then President-elect Trump in Nov '16 at Trump Tower and spilled the bills on the spying.
drcrinum
https://rumble.com/v45fur-chaffetz-tunes-up-fbi-and-trump-dossier.html

drcrinum
CrazyDayDuck said:

stetson said:

Who/what is Q?

Supposedly he was the one that met with then President-elect Trump in Nov '16 at Trump Tower and spilled the bills on the spying.
Q must be someone on Trump's staff who flies with him on AF1 -- Q posted photos taken from AF1 while flying close to North Korea -- also Q occasionally posts keywords which appear within minutes in Trump tweets.
drcrinum
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/12/panic-at-the-washington-post.php

Quote:

Panic at the Washington Post

The Washington Post is worried. The lead headline in today's paper edition reads: "Mueller criticism grows to a clamor -- FBI Conspiracy Claim Takes Hold Driven by activists, GOP lawmakers, Trump tweets."

Turnabout is fair play. Last year around this time, an honest newspaper could easily have written: "Trump criticism grows to a clamor -- Russia Collusion Takes Hold -- Driven by activists, Democratic lawmakers, leaks."

A year ago, an honest newspaper could not have written that the Trump collusion criticism was driven by the FBI. The facts supporting such a headline were not known. Now we have good reason to suspect that the FBI was, in fact, advancing the collusion claim.

lol
Just an Ag
AG
Interesting article regarding our favorite topic. No new facts, but the author's POV makes it interesting.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/12/how_trump_dominated_mueller_and_tricked_democrats.html
drcrinum
Just an Ag said:

Interesting article regarding our favorite topic. No new facts, but the author's POV makes it interesting.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/12/how_trump_dominated_mueller_and_tricked_democrats.html
Just read it. His ideas are good, although he left out an important piece in the puzzle -- Trump's meeting with Mueller the day before Mueller was appointed Special Prosecutor, under the pretense of an interview for possible FBI Director position, an impossibility since by law a person may only serve a single term as FBI Director. 'Let's make a deal'...
drcrinum

https://disobedientmedia.com/2017/12/fancy-frauds-bogus-bears-malware-mimicry/

More problems for CrowdStrike and the reputed 'hack' of the DNC server. This article is for the tech-savvy minded. It's over my head, but I get the basic message.
aggiehawg
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

stetson said:

Who/what is Q?

Tend to agree. If not Rogers, someone in his inner loop.
drcrinum

(Interested in your comments on this thread -- lots of legal beagles involved)

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/944982488497172482.html?refreshed=refreshed

Seems like Perkins Coie, Google, & the FBI/DOJ all live at the same address.
The husband of my wife's niece was an FBI agent (intel) during the early years of the Obama Admin when Mueller was the Director and he departed not long after Comey became Director. The family stayed with us for a week this summer, and I had the opportunity to chat with the former FBI agent at some length. He was of the opinion that the rank & file FBI agents were true red, white & blue...the problem areas were confined to the upper echelons, especially among the legals.
reb,
AG

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/945744673867517954

DrawAndStrike does a summary of the framing of Michael Flynn.

When do we start calling our shots on what the endgame looks like? I think there's an outside chance of it turning out that Comey was presiding over a rogue FBI but in the end redeems himself as one of the good guys, by leaving a trail for Horowitz to find this conspiracy on his way out.

This is why Comey is acting like a Buddhist monk on Twitter. He flipped and sold out Strzok and McCabe and the rest, and made peace with himself.

This whole thing is ridiculous but I want to believe that this is what happened.
aggielostinETX
AG
drcrinum said:

https://disobedientmedia.com/2017/12/fancy-frauds-bogus-bears-malware-mimicry/

More problems for CrowdStrike and the reputed 'hack' of the DNC server. This article is for the tech-savvy minded. It's over my head, but I get the basic message.

That **** is fascinating:

Basically, it looks like Crowdstrike created the DNC viruses to look like they had been written by the Russians by mimicking old Russian tricks by they forget to check if they tricks still worked. They inserted fake fingerprints(IP addresses used previously by Russia)but these fingerprints were widely known and taken down a year before the software was actually written. So Crowdstrike was sloppy. When the malware was sent to virus total, they pulled when the viruses were compiled or turned from code into executables. The DNC malware was actually compiled while Crowdstrike was engaged with the DNC, not months before and inserted by the Russians as declared by Crowdstrike.

Now, it's possible to manipulate compile dates but
1. It's rare but does happen
2. It's a heuristic that can actually cause well-written malware to be caught by antivirus.
3. It's very unlikely that 3 pieces of malware would all be written so close to the date that DNC engaged Crowdstrike and used on the DNC.
4. Crowdstrike absolutely has the skills to write this fake code.

Crowdstrike is looking very hazy at this point.

aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Seems like Perkins Coie, Google, & the FBI/DOJ all live at the same address.

The husband of my wife's niece was an FBI agent (intel) during the early years of the Obama Admin when Mueller was the Director and he departed not long after Comey became Director. The family stayed with us for a week this summer, and I had the opportunity to chat with the former FBI agent at some length. He was of the opinion that the rank & file FBI agents were true red, white & blue...the problem areas were confined to the upper echelons, especially among the legals.
Yeah, Perkins, Coie is at the center of most of this. Attorney-client privilege can hide somethings but not everything, particularly so when the lawyers are active participants in criminal activity and/or become witnesses themselves. They then can no longer represent certain clients in matters that they will have to testify about.

Trump is kind of in a bind here. On one hand, he'll want to preserve Executive Privilege regarding the White House meetings. OTOH, he'll want the truth to come out.
reb,
AG
Mueller's team is made up of a bunch of pro-hillary doj and FBI folks, and some others. Because Mueller has retained them for the special counsel, if the investigation turns to Hillary then Hilary couldn't make use of anyone on Mueller's team, is that correct? I'm curious about how the evolving investigation will or could change the relationship that Mueller's team can have with certain people (like HRC or Yates or Holder). I don't think we understand the full idea of how Mueller picked his team yet. It's got to be important somehow. Do we have a full list of his team?
Just an Ag
AG
reb, said:

When do we start calling our shots on what the endgame looks like?

I think there's an outside chance of it turning out that Comey was presiding over a rogue FBI but in the end redeems himself as one of the good guys, by leaving a trail for Horowitz to find this conspiracy on his way out.

This is why Comey is acting like a Buddhist monk on Twitter. He flipped and sold out Strzok and McCabe and the rest, and made peace with himself.

This whole thing is ridiculous but I want to believe that this is what happened.

That's an interesting take on Comey. Does your scenario indirectly put a white hat on his buddy Mueller, and that Comey and Mueller now share the same interest and they are cooperating to bring justice to an FBI they once respected but both now realize has drifted far from what it should be??
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

When do we start calling our shots on what the endgame looks like? I think there's an outside chance of it turning out that Comey was presiding over a rogue FBI but in the end redeems himself as one of the good guys, by leaving a trail for Horowitz to find this conspiracy on his way out.

This whole thing is ridiculous but I want to believe that this is what happened
Comey tried to convince Trey Gowdy was that he was a white hat under Loretta Lynch. I don't think Gowdy still buys Comey's schtick anymore, however.

I did wonder if Mueller had agreed to give Comey immunity when Mueller was first appointed. And that was why Comey was so cavalier in his sworn testimony before House and Senate committees.

But this has gone on for far too long to give credence to Comey being a singing canary and turning state's evidence against the Obama Cabal.
drcrinum

Thanks for the analysis.
aggiehawg
AG
reb, said:

Mueller's team is made up of a bunch of pro-hillary doj and FBI folks, and some others. Because Mueller has retained them for the special counsel, if the investigation turns to Hillary then Hilary couldn't make use of anyone on Mueller's team, is that correct? I'm curious about how the evolving investigation will or could change the relationship that Mueller's team can have with certain people (like HRC or Yates or Holder). I don't think we understand the full idea of how Mueller picked his team yet. It's got to be important somehow. Do we have a full list of his team?
There is some misunderstanding between the DOJ/FBI investigators and attorneys attached to Mueller and then those from private practice (all from his law firm, IIRC) whom he has hired. Yes, if Mueller's investigation had turned to Hillary, those outside counsels would be conflicted out (assuming either they or Mueller had any ethics, which is a somewhat risky proposition when it comes to high-priced DC lawyers with connections to Hillary).

I haven't seen a complete list of the DOJ/FBI personnel who were working the Trump/Russia angle who were re-assigned to Mueller, though.
reb,
AG
Yes it does, and I've thought Mueller was a white hat from the beginning. I think what he finds at the end of the investigation was something he knew was there the whole time, he's just finding a way to work towards it and that's what all this theater is dragging out before us.
OldArmy91
AG
Comey. McCabe, Strzok, Huma, Hillary, Bill, Mueller, Brennan, Lynch, Clapper, Yates, Wasserman-Schulz and several others ought to be in jail.

Snowden should be pardoned.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
OldArmy91 said:

Comey. McCabe, Strzok, Huma, Hillary, Bill, Mueller, Brennan, Lynch, Clapper, Yates, Wasserman-Schulz and several others ought to be in jail.

Snowden should be pardoned.

and Julian Assange (for US charges)
First Page Last Page
Page 20 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.