Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,446,561 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by nortex97
drcrinum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
reb, said:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/945744673867517954

DrawAndStrike does a summary of the framing of Michael Flynn.

When do we start calling our shots on what the endgame looks like? I think there's an outside chance of it turning out that Comey was presiding over a rogue FBI but in the end redeems himself as one of the good guys, by leaving a trail for Horowitz to find this conspiracy on his way out.

This is why Comey is acting like a Buddhist monk on Twitter. He flipped and sold out Strzok and McCabe and the rest, and made peace with himself.

This whole thing is ridiculous but I want to believe that this is what happened.
DrawAndStrike makes a point in his thread that I had never considered -- that Flynn likely knew about the OIG investigation of the FBI which had commenced on January 12, 2017 prior to his infamous 'lying' encounter with Strzok on January 24. Flynn certainly knew that McCabe would have been out to nail him after he accepted the position of Trump's National Security Advisor -- revenge for Flynn crossing swords with McCabe over Agent Robyn Gritz, remember:
https://www.circa.com/story/2017/06/27/nation/did-the-fbi-retaliate-against-michael-flynn-by-launching-russia-probe
You don't suppose that Flynn tipped off Horowitz about his Strzok encounter after it happened and before he was fired?
GCP12
AG
This doesn't exactly belong in this thread, but I don't feel like finding the old Awan threads. Regardless of the content with regards to this thread, it will speak to true pundits credibility...
drcrinum
GCP12 said:

This doesn't exactly belong in this thread, but I don't feel like finding the old Awan threads. Regardless of the content with regards to this thread, it will speak to true pundits credibility...

Remember the federal prosecutor who was murdered investigating visa fraud in Debbie Wasserman-Schultz's district earlier this year? Just a coincidence...
https://cinderellabroom.wordpress.com/2017/05/29/suspicious-death-of-a-miami-prosecutor/
drcrinum
The Inspector General, Horowitz, will be releasing the anticipated report on the FBI investigation in mid January. I wasn't aware (don't remember seeing or reading about it) that Horowitz wrote a letter to Sen. Grassley in mid December describing the Strzok-Page text messages and possible Hatch Act violations plus indicating that their investigative results were going to be referred to the SP. The letter also provides some other info. I apologize if someone else posted it. Anyway, here is a link to it:

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2017-12-13%20DOJ%20IG%20to%20Grassley,%20Johnson%20-%20Strzok%20Text%20Messages.pdf
drcrinum

So Lisa Page and Bruce Ohr worked together in the past. Just another coincidence. I wonder if there are text message records between the two of them.

Seems like the more we learn about the Circle of Filth, the more it begins to resemble 'Friends & Family'.
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/945861342069526530.html

Interesting thread (click on threadreader). Someone is attempting to help General Flynn. Who?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
drcrinum said:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/945861342069526530.html

Interesting thread (click on threadreader). Someone is attempting to help General Flynn. Who?

Comey? He knows he helped a criminal organzation (DNC / Hillary campaign) and wants to do what he can to expunge the public's view of him...?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Comey? He knows he helped a criminal organzation (DNC / Hillary campaign) and wants to do what he can to expunge the public's view of him...?
Not a chance in hell. That would be making a move on his bestie, Mueller.

Might be the FISA court judge, the one who recused himself from the case, Contreras??
reb,
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Might be the FISA court judge, the one who recused himself from the case, Contreras??
Now THAT would be something. If the Theory holds true, then this judge was duped, and would very understandably want to deep-six anything that came as a result of the fraud perpetrated on his court. Good thinking (as always).
whatthehey78
AG
For the legal eagles on here...what "might" happen if the motions tendered are formally accepted/approved by the presiding court/judge? Does Flynn's plea get expunged and he escape Mueller's snare?
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
Muy
AG
Lurch's "investigation" is a total clown show.
EKUAg
AG
Muy said:

Lurch's "investigation" is a total clown show.

May need to find another nickname. John Kerry already is Lurch.
benchmark
AG
drcrinum said:

... Horowitz wrote a letter to Sen. Grassley in mid December describing the Strzok-Page text messages and possible Hatch Act violations plus indicating that their investigative results were going to be referred to the SP.
Quoting from Horowitz letter ..."political activity, which is defined as 'activity directed toward the success or failure of a political party, candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group' is prohibited (by the Hatch Act) in certain contexts."

The Hatch Act is how a lot of FBI folks may be criminally prosecuted ... if so, it will become the biggest government scandal since Watergate. To do so, they'll have to be able to prove the 'Trump Dossier' was known to be untrue but used anyway with nefarious intent ... and the key here is to have someone squeal.
Prosperdick
AG
reb, said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Now THAT would be something. If the Theory holds true, then this judge was duped, and would very understandably want to deep-six anything that came as a result of the fraud perpetrated on his court. Good thinking (as always).
Perhaps I'm being too optimistic but I figured the judge that was duped (even an Obama appointed activist judge) would at least have an ounce of moral fiber to do the right thing once s/he realized the phony dossier ("oppo research") would NEVER hold up to any scrutiny to justify a FISA warrant.
GCP12
AG
whatthehey78 said:

For the legal eagles on here...what "might" happen if the motions tendered are formally accepted/approved by the presiding court/judge? Does Flynn's plea get expunged and he escape Mueller's snare?
Also, could this be why there are new reports that Mueller is going after Manafort again? He knows Flynn is falling through so he needs to do something to make the investigation continue and look legitimate?
fasthorse05
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Alright, I've got to ask this, especially to you law types.

My understanding of SC statutes, is that they have nearty unlimited authority to look anywhere, and everywhere, to find their covey. As I read this thread, it's become terribly entertaining on one hand, and wishful thinking on the other.

I don't doubt for a moment that 50%, or so, is dead on true. The only people I know aren't vulnerable will be Hillary. Bill was, and is, so damned good at removing, or ameliorating, culpable information, along with the 100 or so, boxes Hillary removed from her various offices, neither would ever be indicted.

Everyone else doesn't appear to be so wise (well, maybe Jarrett). So, my question is, IF by digging into the stated goal of Mueller, would he be able to pivot to Hillary, which would include everything that's been mentioned on the last five pages, or does he have to stand down?

The OIG reports aren't known to be terribly good, and they can't dig into the FBI or DOJ anyway. This would alleviate getting another SC, which I frickin' hate, and will add 2-3 years to getting an answer, not to mention the political environment will have changed.

Just a random thought.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Perhaps I'm being too optimistic but I figured the judge that was duped (even an Obama appointed activist judge) would at least have an ounce of moral fiber to do the right thing once s/he realized the phony dossier ("oppo research") would NEVER hold up to any scrutiny to justify a FISA warrant.
Federal judiciary is a clique. One judge would be very reticent about calling out another.

(Although, TBH, I don't think a federal judge would try to file a motion that is not in the Federal Rules for Criminal Procedure such as a motion to intervene. SMH about who is forming the legal strategy here. At a loss.)
reb,
AG
friscodick said:

reb, said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

The thing though is that FISC is not a normal court, by far. The standard of evidence required by the court to get a FISA warrant is laughably low. We know this because of the Snowden revelations. We've since learned that the FISC approves 98% of warrants requested. So the dossier (possibly with other "evidence") being the basis of a FISA warrant request is not only unremarkable, its probably a sure thing.

And that should terrify everyone. Does anyone think this is the first time a laughable piece of " evidence" was uncritically accepted to grant a 4th amendment abusing FISA warrant? What ELSE has Strzok and others gotten granted out of the court before? This SHOULD be a scandal unto itself. We need public defenders in the FISC to prevent garbage like this. We need FISC reform. Better yet, nuke the whole thing. Secret courts are an affront to liberty loving people.
drcrinum

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-mccain-associate-subpoenaed-in-dossier-probe/article/2644460

Quote:

House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes has issued a subpoena to David Kramer, a former State Department official who, in late Nov. 2016, traveled to London to receive a briefing and a copy of the Trump dossier from its author, former British spy Christopher Steele. Kramer then returned to the U.S. to give the document to Sen. John McCain.

Kramer is a senior fellow at the McCain Institute for International Leadership at Arizona State University.

McCain later took a copy of the dossier to the FBI's then-director, James Comey. But the FBI already had the document; Steele himself gave the dossier to the bureau in installments, reportedly beginning in early July 2016.

McCain, recovering in Arizona from treatments for cancer, has long refused to detail his actions regarding the dossier. For his part, Kramer was interviewed by the House Intelligence Committee on Dec. 19. The new subpoena stems from statements Kramer made in that interview.

In the session, Kramer told House investigators that he knew the identities of the Russian sources for the allegations in Steele's dossier. But when investigators pressed Kramer to reveal those names, he declined to do so.

Now, he is under subpoena. The subpoena, issued Wednesday afternoon, directs Kramer to appear again before House investigators on Jan. 11

Hmmm....was Nellie Ohr one of the sources?
aggielostinETX
AG
drcrinum said:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-mccain-associate-subpoenaed-in-dossier-probe/article/2644460

Quote:

House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes has issued a subpoena to David Kramer, a former State Department official who, in late Nov. 2016, traveled to London to receive a briefing and a copy of the Trump dossier from its author, former British spy Christopher Steele. Kramer then returned to the U.S. to give the document to Sen. John McCain.

Kramer is a senior fellow at the McCain Institute for International Leadership at Arizona State University.

McCain later took a copy of the dossier to the FBI's then-director, James Comey. But the FBI already had the document; Steele himself gave the dossier to the bureau in installments, reportedly beginning in early July 2016.

McCain, recovering in Arizona from treatments for cancer, has long refused to detail his actions regarding the dossier. For his part, Kramer was interviewed by the House Intelligence Committee on Dec. 19. The new subpoena stems from statements Kramer made in that interview.

In the session, Kramer told House investigators that he knew the identities of the Russian sources for the allegations in Steele's dossier. But when investigators pressed Kramer to reveal those names, he declined to do so.

Now, he is under subpoena. The subpoena, issued Wednesday afternoon, directs Kramer to appear again before House investigators on Jan. 11

Hmmm....was Nellie Ohr one of the sources?

Makes you wonder why McCain ran back to Az.
drcrinum
Deats said:

drcrinum said:

Makes you wonder why McCain ran back to Az.

He is not long for this world. People with glioblastoma multiforme don't live very long -- average 14 months in healthy individuals able to tolerate treatment -- McCain wasn't a healthy specimen to begin with. When he was initially diagnosed, he should have resigned immediately and spent his remaining time with his family. I feel certain his doctors advised him to do the latter...but denial can be a very powerful force.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

He is not long for this world. People with glioblastoma multiforme don't live very long -- average 14 months in healthy individuals able to tolerate treatment -- McCain wasn't a healthy specimen to begin with. When he was initially diagnosed, he should have resigned immediately and spent his remaining time with his family. I feel certain his doctors advised him to do the latter...but denial can be a very powerful force.
So can fear of being discovered. McCain was a war hero but the last two decades or so, his self-crafted persona of being "The Maverick" led him astray. Like when Brian Bosworth let "The Boz" take over his life.

This was and is unforgivable, in my book.

whatthehey78
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

So can fear of being discovered. McCain was a war hero but the last two decades or so, his self-crafted persona of being "The Maverick" led him astray. Like when Brian Bosworth let "The Boz" take over his life.

This was and is unforgivable, in my book.

100% concur. Appreciate his military service to country...but not so much, his political agenda of late.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
oysterbayAG
AG
It's starting to appear quite evident that Trump's legal team has not been sitting around picking their noses !
reb,
AG
oysterbayAG said:

It's starting to appear quite evident that Trump's legal team has not been sitting around picking their noses !
Indeed. Trump has the loyalty of what might be considered the most useful agency...the NSA. They have the means to know everything, any form of communication that anyone makes in this country is eventually intercepted and absorbed by them. The surveillance state machinery is terrifying...its essentially the most omniscient system that humanity has ever seen.

It's my belief that Trump and his team knew most of what we have been discussing soon after he took office. So, all of this has been allowed to play out. They knew what the corrupt FBI brass were up to, and let them commit more and more crimes as they carried out their sad little coup.

It's why Mike Flynn is cooperating, remember months ago his lawyer put out a statement that Flynn "has a story and very much wants to tell it". It's because Trump, Flynn, etc are clean as a whistle and they know where the crimes are really being committed. Of course, Flynn wanted immunity just in case, but we know that you ALWAYS ask for immunity in situations like this. Regardless, Flynn has no worries when he lays his head down at night because he's done nothing wrong (besides the lying) and he's directing Mueller to where both Hillary and Obama's bodies are buried. It must be pretty fun getting revenge on your former boss, and tarnishing his precious legacy (Obama fired Flynn from his position as Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency).

Everything is under control. It always has been. It will unfold in a designed manner to inflict maximum damage with minimal chance of anyone wiggling out of the justice that is coming for them.
Rockdoc
AG
Uhhhhh, if all that stuff you just posted is correct, somebody better put a suicide watch on cnn and msnbc because those folks over there will be drinking out of the poison punch bowl.
GCP12
AG
I'll just post this here, since the Russia investigation has died down on the board for the most part. Let's check in on how the Senate investigation is going...
What. The. ****
reb,
AG
Rockdoc said:

Uhhhhh, if all that stuff you just posted is correct, somebody better put a suicide watch on cnn and msnbc because those folks over there will be drinking out of the poison punch bowl.
Most of what i just said is conspiracy theory and I'm completely open about that.. I just happen to think that its true, and its been almost a hobby in and of itself to observe all of this happening this year. I can't take credit for it, the Theory was put together by a handful of people working together on twitter, all done with publicly available information. My contributions to this thread has been from the perspective of someone who thinks the Theory is true. And it continues to check off boxes in reality as it plays out in the real world.

You are right about CNN and MSNBC folk needing to be put on suicide watch. So do some folks at the FBI and DOJ. Their world is truly ending, but their ideological blinders will not allow them to see it coming until the asteroid leaves a smoking crater that used to be their lives.
reb,
AG
GCP12 said:

I'll just post this here, since the Russia investigation has died down on the board for the most part. Let's check in on how the Senate investigation is going...
What. The. ****
This is bizarre. I have never heard of Charles Johnson, I'm looking him up now. I found this...hold your nose, its from Jezebel:

https://theslot.jezebel.com/someone-is-giving-donald-trump-news-from-an-internet-tr-1795219409

Quote:

If you are lucky enough not to know who Charles C. Johnson, also known as Chuck Johnson is, here's a quick primer: Johnson is a far right blogger who was permanently banned from Twitter in 2015 for a tweet that was perceived as a threat against civil rights activist DeRay McKesson. His site, GotNews, is known for stories that make wild, often provably false allegations. Johnson has claimed that both President Obama and Emmanuel Macron are gay, wrongly identified the woman he thought was "Jackie" of the UVA scandal, and has, overall, demonstrated what Forbes called a "disregard for facts." Gawker once called him "the web's worst journalist." (Johnson sued Jezebel's former parent company Gawker Media over two stories written about him; Univision deleted several posts, including one about Johnson, after it purchased Gawker Media.)

This dude sounds like a real piece of work. Damn.

Quote:

Johnson claims a close relationship with the White House, and he was an avid supporter of the Trump campaign. Forbes reported in January that he was working with the administration's transition team, although the level of his involvement and influence has never been clear. Johnson has been vague on the subject, and he is, anyway, what we might call an unreliable narrator. He was, as Forbes noted, spotted standing in the VIP section at Trump's election night party, and he has claimed on Facebook to know White House advisor Steve Bannon.
Is he really actually connected to the transition team? If not, the Senate committee is chasing ghosts and wasting money investigating crap. Maybe they are just looking for anything scandalous by seizing the investigation process in the Senate and using it for political purposes. Something they can throw at Republicans in 2018. Wouldn't be surprised if this has nothing to do with Russia at all.
Just an Ag
AG
drcrinum said:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/944394986879115264.html

https://8ch.net/cbts/res/153368.html#153645

For the conspiracy theorists. 'Q' put out a lengthy post of clues which have been deciphered on 8chan. Two interpretations, better read is from 8ch above. (All indications are that 'Q' is attached to Trump's personal staff.)

If you followed the above links (from several days ago) Q references something to watch for on the 27th. The only thing I can think of that would be interesting is Assange's Twitter getting deleted. Some speculated he had info to drop on the 27th and someone blunted his attempt to get it out, because it may have corrupted an ongoing investigation. Maybe someone convinced him to stay quiet a little longer? I dunno, but I did not notice anything else happening on the 27th.
drcrinum
Just an Ag said:

drcrinum said:

If you followed the above links (from several days ago) Q references something to watch for on the 27th. The only thing I can think of that would be interesting is Assange's Twitter getting deleted. Some speculated he had info to drop on the 27th and someone blunted his attempt to get it out, because it may have corrupted an ongoing investigation. Maybe someone convinced him to stay quiet a little longer? I dunno, but I did not notice anything else happening on the 27th.

I haven't seen anything in the news on the 27th that was significant either. Q has a group following flights to Gitmo with speculation about arrests, but...
drcrinum

Interesting tidbit concerning CrowdStrike.
drcrinum
Just an Ag said:

drcrinum said:

For your interest:

aggielostinETX
AG

Just an Ag
AG
drcrinum said:

Just an Ag said:

drcrinum said:

For your interest:

I don't know where people come up with this stuff....
First Page Last Page
Page 21 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.