Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,446,526 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by nortex97
drcrinum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CrazyDayDuck said:

whatthehey78 said:

He also stated he wants AG Sessions to quit being a "spectator" and "do his job".
Appointing Jeff Sessions to AG has been President Trump's biggest mistake.
Did you notice the report today that Sessions has ordered the investigation of Uranium One to be re-opened?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/21/report-jeff-sessions-orders-doj-re-examine-evidence-uranium-one-investigation/

I've been critical of Sessions too, but let's wait until after the full OIG Report is released in mid January. If the hammer doesn't fall then...
aggiehawg
AG
A few things at this juncture:

• what we now call the "Steele Dossier" is the same as what had been termed the "golden showers" report in late summer-early fall 2016. It wasn't touted as being about collusion but instead that Trump indulged in some perversions including urination. ETA: That also fit nicely into the Billy Bush video that later surfaced, Trump as a sex fiend/pervert.
  • It was either Clapper or Brennan that allegedly brought it to Obama's attention, drawing a rebuke from Obama that he didn't want to be officially in the loop on it. (That jives with the hesitancy to include it in the Presidential Daily Briefing because those are archived, i.e. a paper trail as is being discussed today.)
  • During 2016, Obama's campaign organization, Obama For America was a client of...wait for it...wait for it...Perkins, Coie. LINK
CrazyDayDuck
drcrinum said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

whatthehey78 said:

He also stated he wants AG Sessions to quit being a "spectator" and "do his job".
Did you notice the report today that Sessions has ordered the investigation of Uranium One to be re-opened?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/21/report-jeff-sessions-orders-doj-re-examine-evidence-uranium-one-investigation/

I've been critical of Sessions too, but let's wait until after the full OIG Report is released in mid January. If the hammer doesn't fall then...

1) Sessions did not have to recuse himself. He was intimidated by Al Franken of all people.
2) The recusal of Sessions opened the door for the career bureaucrat Rosenstein to appoint Comey's buddy Mueller as special prosecutor and create this joke of a witch hunt
3) Sessions has been reluctant to appoint a special prosecutor to look into Hillary's emails / the dossier / Fusion GPS
4) F that worthless hayseed Sessions

I want to see Jim Jordan continue to kick Sessions' in the arse.

GCP12
AG
Interesting
akm91
AG
Quote:

3) Sessions has been reluctant to appoint a special prosecutor to look into Hillary's emails / the dossier / Fusion GPS
I think/hope Sessions is waiting on the OIG report to be published before taking action on a separate SC to investigate.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
Just an Ag
AG
akm91 said:

Quote:

I think/hope Sessions is waiting on the OIG report to be published before taking action on a separate SC to investigate.
I am hoping the OIG report is significant in that it provides a solid basis for Sessions to bring investigations. Keep in mind the OIG can refer charges to the DOJ. The report, once it is released, allows the DOJ to go on offense on these issues.
reb,
AG
Just an Ag said:

akm91 said:

Quote:

I am hoping the OIG report is significant in that it provides a solid basis for Sessions to bring investigations. Keep in mind the OIG can refer charges to the DOJ. The report, once it is released, allows the DOJ to go on offense on these issues.
I think it will provide that basis, and that it will let Sessions off the leash like a crazy attack dog, putting to rest these ideas that he's soft. I think these people will be shocked by the bloodshed as Session unleashes hell
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I think it will provide that basis, and that it will let Sessions off the leash like a crazy attack dog, putting to rest these ideas that he's soft. I think these people will be shocked by the bloodshed Session unleashes hell

Hope you are correct.

I'd like to see Sessions declare a whistle-blower amnesty at DOJ/FBI. "Come forward and tell me the problems you have seen so we can regain the public's respect for the DOJ/FBI again."

Rogers at NSA should do the same. As well as Pompeo at the CIA.
akm91
AG
akm91
AG
Quote:

I'd like to see Sessions declare a whistle-blower amnesty at DOJ/FBI.
Isn't there already a law that protects whistle blowers?
fasthorse05
reb, said:

Just an Ag said:

akm91 said:

Quote:

I think it will provide that basis, and that it will let Sessions off the leash like a crazy attack dog, putting to rest these ideas that he's soft. I think these people will be shocked by the bloodshed Session unleashes hell
I certainly hope so. There's nothing in his actions to date to suggest this.

After I read your last sentence, the first thing I thought of was "I didn't know Mr. Sessions family posted here"!!
whatthehey78
AG
Can only hope (and pray) there are enough true, unbiased patriots remaining "on the wall" to enforce justice, drain the swamp and allow the chips (Democrat/Republican) to fall on their sword. It would be a truly wonderful New Year and Christmas present IF DC (US Govt.) were to regain its intended prominence and former stature as a shinning light among nations.

I personally hope we still have disgruntled FBI Agents, enlightened/honest Congressmen and women plus emboldened DOJ staff to push reform to the goal line. BTHO corruption!
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
aggiehawg
AG
akm91 said:

Quote:

Yes, but the procedures to do so safely without fear of retribution are formidable. One is still putting their career on the line. And remember McCabe has already been accused of retaliation against a woman who filed a complaint against him. Flynn was a supporter of the woman in question too. No love lost between Flynn and McCabe.

Just an Ag
AG
whatthehey78 said:

BTHO corruption!

Can you imagine, after all the effort of the DC Corruption Machine to paint DJT as corrupt, and if DJT is able to turn the tables and bring down the house of DC corruption, that DJT goes down in history as the "Anti-Corruption President!" I'd love it it. Truly the crown jewel of the Trump Boomerang effect.
akm91
AG
aggiehawg said:

akm91 said:

Quote:

Yes, but the procedures to do so safely without fear of retribution are formidable. One is still putting their career on the line. And remember McCabe has already been accused of retaliation against a woman who filed a complaint against him. Flynn was a supporter of the woman in question too. No love lost between Flynn and McCabe.

That makes sense.
drcrinum

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2017/12/a-timeline-of-treason-how-fbi.html

Here is an updated version of the 'Timeline of Treason' for reference.
drcrinum
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/12/21/oh-dear-trail-of-russian-dossier-origination-now-directly-leads-to-the-obama-white-house/

Interesting "coincidence" to say the least. Mary Jacoby is the wife of Glenn Simpson as we learned earlier today. As the above shows, she was a visitor to the White House on April 19, 2016, just a week after Fusion GPS was hired to perform opposition research on Trump by the DNC/Perkins Coie. I wonder with whom she met. Methinks she is another person of interest for the Committees to interview/interrogate.
dermdoc
AG
My take is that Trump, Hillary, and Obama have too much power to get taken down in any investigation. And to be honest with you, the voting public does not care about Obama or Hillary anymore but only Trump. I think that Trump May have problems with personal financial deals, which even if legal, could appear very damaging.

I think Obama and Hillary did stuff much more serious using US government entities to try swing an election and possibly make some money off of inside deals.

IMHO, as a non lawyer I feel that we will see a couple of mid and even upper level cronies go down, but no serious charges on the big power brokers. Things will continue along as "normal" for DC

That is why the tax bill is so important for Trump. People start getting extra money in their paychecks is a tangible benefit and they quickly lose interest in Trump's business deals(the whole Russian thing is ridiculous)and life goes on EXCEPT the tax cuts are still there. Voters overlook a lot when a politician puts more money in their wallets each payday.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
I mean can you imagine Trump meeting on a tarmac with the head of the DOJ when he is no longer an elected official and his wife was running for President? And while a lot of ethics concerns are swirling around Melania?

That one meeting to me is much more troubling and possibly nefarious than any of the young Trumps and Kushner meeting with Russians. And it happened right in front of the voters eyes and they could care less. Comey, clapper, Kushner, and young Trump to me are about the biggest fish I could see going down. The media and public do not care about Comey and Clapper and they should be fine unless they talk to much. Kushner and young Trump will be the media's focus and they will be out for blood, especially after Trump got the tax bill passed. That tax bill could really, really hurt the Dems as it is real hard to win an ideological argument when the voters have more money die to Trump's tax policy.

Will be interesting.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Dallas82
CrazyDayDuck said:

drcrinum said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

whatthehey78 said:

1) Sessions did not have to recuse himself. He was intimidated by Al Franken of all people.

Actually Sessions did have to recuse himself. It is unethical for someone to head up an investigation into an organization of which he was a member. The investigation was into the Trump campaign and transition and Sessions was a member of that group. You can't investigate yourself.

In other news,
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/366116-fbi-deputy-confirmed-to-congress-that-comey-told-him-about-trump

Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe is backing up James Comey's claims that President Donald Trump demanded his loyalty, according to multiple sources. McCabe is one of the people that Comey talked ot after his meetings with Trump. Comey's notes and conversations at that time, backed up by those he talked to, are admissable as evidence.

In other news,
http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/12/20/white-house-counsel-knew-in-january-flynn-probably-violated-the-law/

White House Counsel Knew in January Flynn Probably Violated the Law
TWhite House turned over records this fall to special counsel Robert Mueller revealing that in the very first days of the Trump presidency, Don McGahn researched federal law dealing both with lying to federal investigators and with violations of the Logan Act, a centuries-old federal law that prohibits private citizens from negotiating with foreign governments, according to three people with direct knowledge of the confidential government documents.

The records reflected concerns that McGahn, the White House counsel, had that Michael Flynn, then the president's national security advisor, had possibly violated either one or both laws at the time, according to two of the sources. The disclosure that these records exist and that they are in the possession of the special counsel could bolster any potential obstruction of justice case against President Donald Trump.

What's all this mean? Meuller may now have direct evidence that Trump knew Flynn was guilty of lying to the FBI before he asked Comey to go easy on him and then fired Comey for refusing to do so. If this chain of events proves to be accurate, then Trump is guilty of obstruction of justice. Not that it would matter unless Congress actually cared, but the idea that it was legal for Trump to fire Comey for any reason at all is false. He can fire him for any reason except an illegal one and stopping an investigation into himself and others is illegal.
Ellis Wyatt
Interesting take from a guy who gleefully voted for obama, the pompous ass who couldn't spell ethical if you spotted him all the consonants and two of the vowels.

And McCabe? The traitor? One of the guys at the center of all this criminal activity? He should be facing the penalty of a firing squad for treason. If Sessions should have to recuse himself because of "ethics," how in the world could McCabe even be in the same city as this investigation?

What a hack.
Just an Ag
AG
Looks your hope for obstruction has to clear a pretty high bar......

Harvard Law School professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz disagreed with claims that there is an obstruction of justice case building against President Donald Trump, calling it "hope over reality" from some Democrats.

On "Fox & Friends," Dershowitz countered that Trump had the constitutional power to fire FBI Director James Comey and to tell the Justice Department who to investigate and who not to investigate. "If Congress were ever to charge him with obstruction of justice for exercising his constitutional authority under Article II, we'd have a constitutional crisis," Dershowitz said.

He explained that Congress would have to demonstrate "clearly illegal acts" on Trump's part, such as former President Richard Nixon paying "hush money," telling people to lie and destroying evidence in the Watergate scandal.

"There's never been a case in history where a president has been charged with obstruction of justice for merely exercising his constitutional authority. That would cause a constitutional crisis in the United States," Dershowitz said, adding that he hopes Special Counsel Robert Mueller understands that before he considers bringing an indictment or recommending that the matter be referred to Congress.

He added that if Trump truly wanted to impede Mueller's investigation, he could have pardoned Gen. Michael Flynn to prevent him from cooperating. "The president would have had the complete authority do so and Flynn never would have been indicted, never would have turned as a witness against him," said Dershowitz.

Judge Andrew Napolitano explained that if Trump asked Comey to end the investigation into Flynn for a non-corrupt purpose - such as if he felt sympathy for his former national security adviser or he wanted the bureau to use its resources on more important matters - it's not obstruction.

However, if Trump did it for a corrupt purpose - such as trying to protect himself or his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, from what Flynn might say - then it is obstruction and there is no presidential immunity, Napolitano said. "Obstruction of justice is a crime no matter who commits it, if done for a corrupt purpose. It's also an impeachable offense," he said, adding that the charge is "intentionally not easy to prove" for a prosecutor.

On "Outnumbered Overtime," Dershowitz said Mueller charging Flynn with lying to the FBI is actually a show of weakness, not strength. He explained that if Flynn had strong evidence against Trump, then Trump would have pardoned him, instead of allowing him to make a deal with Mueller. "The deal is not a particularly good one for the special counsel, because he had him indicted for lying," Dershowitz said. "That makes him a worthless witness."
backintexas2013
AG
Comey is an unethical POS sorry if I don't believe him.

Trump may have done something wrong but Comey is one of the last individual I would trust.

Notice you didn't really address all the **** coming out about all this. You threw in the other news instead of actually discussing the moron who sent anti Trump tweets to his mistress and all that he was involved in.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

What's all this mean? Meuller may now have direct evidence that Trump knew Flynn was guilty of lying to the FBI before he asked Comey to go easy on him and then fired Comey for refusing to do so. If this chain of events proves to be accurate, then Trump is guilty of obstruction of justice. Not that it would matter unless Congress actually cared, but the idea that it was legal for Trump to fire Comey for any reason at all is false. He can fire him for any reason except an illegal one and stopping an investigation into himself and others is illegal.
LOL. The FBI under Comey deliberately tanked the Hillary investigation. There were plenty of reasons to fire Comey. He was and is corrupt.
Rockdoc
AG
If believing all that helps you sleep at night, go for it. But in reality you're ignoring a LOT of other information and revelations that you're not gonna sleep well over.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Dallas's post above is an excellent example of the level of cognitive dissonance Trump's election is causing.

There is a wide portion of the population that cannot fathom that people who disagree with their political (in this case, might as well be religious) views not only exist but also put someone who antagonizes them I the White House.
Long Live Sully
AG
And an excellent example of being someone's sock.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Cow Hop Ag said:

And an excellent example of being someone's sock.
pretty sure it's a poster serving a week or so ban.
aggiehawg
AG
Steele is backing off the claims he made in the dossier. He was sued for libel and notably his defense is not that he told the truth, it is that he warned everyone he briefed about it not to attribute it to him.

The money shot:

Quote:

Mr. Steele's libel defense is not truth. He argues that he warned Fusion and reporters against making his memos public and never authorized their disclosure.
Really?

Quote:

His answer was to a question from Mr. Gubarev's legal team on the lengths he took to brief American reporters as the fall campaign was in full swing.

Mr. Steele answered, "The briefings involved the disclosure of limited intelligence regarding indications of Russian interference in the U.S. election process and the possible coordination of members of the Trump's campaign team and Russian government officials."

At the request of Fusion GPS, the investigative firm hired by Democrats to handle and pay Mr. Steele, the former spy said he briefed The New York Times, The Washington Post, Yahoo News, The New Yorker and CNN in person. He later briefed Mother Jones magazine via Skype.

In another indication that Mr. Steele was no longer wholeheartedly vouching for his own findings, he said he told journalists that they may not quote his research. He "understood that the information provided might be used for the purpose of further research, but would not be published or attributed," he said through his attorney.
The "Hey, it's not my fault they published the crap I told them," defense. LOL.

Link
HelloUncleNateFitch
Muellers reputation is beginning to tarnish.

https://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2017/12/22/capital-journal-americans-view-on-mueller-has-soured/
nortex97
AG
And now James Baker, who failed to shepherd McCabe through his 'closed door' testimony, has been 're-assigned.'

I would have to guess McCabe/Ohr know they are at great risk. And Glenn Simpson's wife (Fusion GPS oppo-research leader) was bragging 5 months ago on facebook about how he was the one responsible for the muh-Russia probe.
backintexas2013
AG
That's a bold strategy.

This is really going to upset some people who said there is no proof that the dossier is false.
GCP12
AG
Quote:

Steele is backing off the claims he made in the dossier.
That's because Nellie Ohr made it
whatthehey78
AG
aggiehawg said:

Steele is backing off the claims he made in the dossier. He was sued for libel and notably his defense is not that he told the truth, it is that he warned everyone he briefed about it not to attribute it to him.

The money shot:

Quote:

Mr. Steele's libel defense is not truth. He argues that he warned Fusion and reporters against making his memos public and never authorized their disclosure.
Really?

Quote:

His answer was to a question from Mr. Gubarev's legal team on the lengths he took to brief American reporters as the fall campaign was in full swing.

Mr. Steele answered, "The briefings involved the disclosure of limited intelligence regarding indications of Russian interference in the U.S. election process and the possible coordination of members of the Trump's campaign team and Russian government officials."

At the request of Fusion GPS, the investigative firm hired by Democrats to handle and pay Mr. Steele, the former spy said he briefed The New York Times, The Washington Post, Yahoo News, The New Yorker and CNN in person. He later briefed Mother Jones magazine via Skype.

In another indication that Mr. Steele was no longer wholeheartedly vouching for his own findings, he said he told journalists that they may not quote his research. He "understood that the information provided might be used for the purpose of further research, but would not be published or attributed," he said through his attorney.
The "Hey, it's not my fault they published the crap I told them," defense. LOL.

Link
...and this dossier was somehow used to obtain a FISA warrant??? Apparently those in authority NEVER asked about the legitimacy/authenticity of data supporting one's position. Man, things have changed since my day/time.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
Ellis Wyatt
First Page Last Page
Page 18 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.