We all have anecdotal life experiences.
My experience with the Catholic Church is that I have come across literally zero people who seemed to have taken their religion seriously. I don't cross paths THAT often, but at work mostly, the general experience was that Catholics I knew liked to party and would once a year come into work with a black cross on their foreheads and complain about lent.
My parents grew up in parochial Catholic schools in Chicago and they are vehemently against that tradition and convinced the gospel was never presented and the reading of the Bible was just not a thing. So, that is what I have to go on as it relates to my personal experience with the Church that has apparently been passed down from Christ and the Apostles. It would be pretty unfair of me to paint that picture across all of the RCC, but it still is my real experience I have had. What am I supposed to do with that as a reformed confessional Baptist that have Catholics telling me that only the RCC is the true Church?
My experience with the Catholic Church is that I have come across literally zero people who seemed to have taken their religion seriously. I don't cross paths THAT often, but at work mostly, the general experience was that Catholics I knew liked to party and would once a year come into work with a black cross on their foreheads and complain about lent.
My parents grew up in parochial Catholic schools in Chicago and they are vehemently against that tradition and convinced the gospel was never presented and the reading of the Bible was just not a thing. So, that is what I have to go on as it relates to my personal experience with the Church that has apparently been passed down from Christ and the Apostles. It would be pretty unfair of me to paint that picture across all of the RCC, but it still is my real experience I have had. What am I supposed to do with that as a reformed confessional Baptist that have Catholics telling me that only the RCC is the true Church?