UTExan said:
Your words-
"Also, there's no way I'm watching your goofy propaganda dispensationalism video. We have The Church and a valid Tradition that we rely on, so I'm not gonna give the wacky content creator any clicks."
That's not a point of debate-that's childhood playground lingo. Just be glad your ancestors were able to thrive in a Protestant country so you could freely choose Orthodoxy instead of having it imposed on you by government fiat.
Dispensationalist Christianity deserves 100% of the mockery that it receives.
I've gone into this on other threads so I'm not gonna sit here and just rehash it
The slimmest percentage of Christians accept this theology. Somewhere in the 3 to 7% range.
It is absolute lunacy
There is no nice way to put it. It is borderline anti-Christian at best.
If you believe it, that's fine, but don't sit here and try to pretend like it is remotely mainstream or that the rest of the Christian world doesn't consider you to be an absolute lunatic.
In regards to your Protestant Haven myth:
Early Protestant regimes were deeply theocratic and intolerant. The Puritans in Massachusetts hanged Quakers, banned Catholic priests under pain of death, and jailed and executed Baptists.
John Calvin burned Michael Servetus at the stake in Geneva.
Religious freedom wasn't an act of Protestant benevolence. It was a necessity born out of Enlightened statecraft to keep competing, squabbling Protestant sects from persecuting each other.
Even in regards to commercialism and capitalism commercial hubs, contract law, banking, and market economics were developed centuries before the Reformation in Catholic Italian city-states (Venice, Florence, Genoa) and medieval Flanders, not by American Protestants.
I'm genuinely starting to question whether this is trolling or genuine ignorance.
If this was purely trolling, you are honestly terrible at it.
I genuinely want to have meaningful conversation with people, but there is nothing meaningful or genuine in your posts. You are reaping a lot of the attitude that you put into the world.
I am equally at fault for participating in it as I believe subconsciously, you are desperately seeking answers to questions that your current version of the Christian faith does not satisfy.