lost job due to no vax

31,427 Views | 469 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Reload8098
Rongagin71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nm
Rongagin71
AG
dargscisyhp said:

Rongagin71 said:

Sorry, you convinced me.
Don't try to take it back,
I'm so easily confused, just stop!

Okay, stay convinced, I win.
Dang it! I told you to stop.
Now I'm confused over whether you qualify for the All-Beef Weiner or the Chicken and Pork Weiner Award.
Star Wars Memes Only
Quote:

Now I'm confused over whether you qualify for the All-Beef Weiner or the Chicken and Pork Weiner Award.

I like my weiners beefy.
Duncan Idaho
I didn't say that you said "covid was a nothing burger"

I said the people read your careless "covid is over" post as meaning "covid is a nothing burger".

I believe that you have been careless with your words and it has reinforced the misinformed positions of people on this site. A strong pro-vaccine stance coming from the most respect MD on 16chan would have been a powerful force in getting those posters, their spouses and parents vaccinated.
Rongagin71
AG
dargscisyhp said:

Quote:

I like my weiners beefy.
I was a bun seeker in my younger days, but only relished the opposite sex.
dermdoc
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

I didn't say that you said "covid was a nothing burger"

I said the people read your careless "covid is over" post as meaning "covid is a nothing burger".

I believe that you have been careless with your words and it has reinforced the misinformed positions of people on this site. A strong pro-vaccine stance coming from the most respect MD on 16chan would have been a powerful force in getting those posters, their spouses and parents vaccinated.

Love you too. And I am never careless with my words. Have been in medicine for almost 40 years and know words mean things. Sometimes people misunderstand what I am saying.

We just disagree. Do not make it more than that please.

Thanks.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Dilettante
Duncan Idaho said:

But a look at 16chan would show you that most were not.

Why look at that?
Zobel
AG
I do think the absence on f16 of people like you does a disservice to that forum. There's basically no one left who can vocalize anything positive about the vaccines. It entrenches the antivax view, which is not a good thing. They've shouted down everyone - they probably would have shouted you down , too. But it would have given some people pause.
swimmerbabe11
Its Texas Aggies, dammit said:

If a member of your church is not vaxed, what are your thoughts as to whether others in the congregation should help to support this person and his family financially if he loses his job as a result? I have heard of some pastors taking this position.

The grammar in this hurts my head.

Anywho, given the title, I expected to read that you had lost your job and was really really interested to see how our community could be supportive in your time of need. So that probably tells you how I feel about it.
gordo97
AG
vaccine gives you all the benefits of natural immunity without any of the risk of death or long term health issues.

And how do you know this? Have you seen the future? No long term issues? What is this vaccine starts causing Parkinson's massively within the next few years? I just threw out a random example but again how the F do you know this vaccine will not cause long term issues when it has not been studied long term?

Sapper Redux
gordo97 said:

vaccine gives you all the benefits of natural immunity without any of the risk of death or long term health issues.

And how do you know this? Have you seen the future? No long term issues? What is this vaccine starts causing Parkinson's massively within the next few years? I just threw out a random example but again how the F do you know this vaccine will not cause long term issues when it has not been studied long term?

mRNA vaccines were extensively studied before Covid. The odds of some severe long term negative effect is minimal. The odds are far, far lower than the odds of permanently disabilities from Covid.
Dilettante
Is there any biological reason to believe there are long term side effects? I have never even heard a mechanism for these proposed. It's fiction, as far as I'm concerned.

I can't name a single thing in existence (other than infectious agents) that has long term side effects of the type you're saying we need data on. Can you?

It's like saying that you need to wait 10 years to see if the oysters you had last night were bad. You don't.
Duncan Idaho
Yeah this idea of there being long term effects of the vaccine that are worse or more likely than the virus is just insanity.

As contagious as this is and as intertwined as our society is, EVERYONE will get infected at some point.

The vaccine is a small sampling of the virus' RNA. So any long term effects from getting infected is going to be at least as bad as if you get vaccinated.

To make a half assed analogy. Do you want to get run over by a truck or go over and kick a spare tire. Either way you are going to have contact with the rubber.
Duncan Idaho
Misread
Aggrad08
AG
gordo97 said:

Do we have any more or less reason to think Covid Vaccines cause Parkinsons or dementia or a hangnail 10 years from now any more than catching Covid itself?

Duncan Idaho
In a word: No.

In a few more words:
No and there is no chemical or biological pathway that could make that a possibility
Dilettante
It's possible in the same way there could be a guy under your bed. But we probably don't really need to check every night.

It reminds me of the LSD flashback hypothesis, discussed at the end of this video by the GOAT:

Duncan Idaho
Disagree.

The hypothesis presented wasn't if the vaccine could possibly have a long term side effect.

It was "can the mRNA vaccine have a long term side effect that the virus does not."

To use your analogy, it is almost a certainly that a man will get under your bed at night. Do you want it to be a quadriplegic (the vaccine's mRNA) or a special forces operative (the virus' mRNA).

Dilettante
It is technically possible though if you allow incredibly unlikely situations.

For example, let's say that the conformation of the vaccine spike protein happens to be just different enough to bind some protein which activates some unknown pathway that crosses the blood brain barrier and misfolds a PrP, causing sporadic CJD. Then, 15 years later, 8% of vaccinated people die horrible deaths.

Obviously this doesn't happen, and it's silly and contrived. I think it's technically possible though.

It's sort of like saying the vaccine sequence can't be incorporated in your DNA. Technically it's possible that it could, but realistically that's not a reasonable concern.
Star Wars Memes Only
Dilettante said:

It is technically possible though if you allow incredibly unlikely situations.

For example, let's say that the conformation of the vaccine spike protein happens to be just different enough to bind some protein which activates some unknown pathway that crosses the blood brain barrier and misfolds a PrP, causing sporadic CJD. Then, 15 years later, 8% of vaccinated people die horrible deaths.

Obviously this doesn't happen, and it's silly and contrived. I think it's technically possible though.

It's sort of like saying the vaccine sequence can't be incorporated in your DNA. Technically it's possible that it could, but realistically that's not a reasonable concern.

Well ****, I'm anti-vax now.
Dilettante
That's how it happens. Some guy who read a biology book once makes up some nonsensical pathway with scary words, and people panic. For reference, see vaccines causing autism, aluminum salts, concerns that cell line DNA from vaccines will cause harm, the guys who thought cow pox vaccines would turn them into cows, etc…

Star Wars Memes Only
Dawg, prions...

****'s scary.
Duncan Idaho
You mean like the people that think there is any meaningful difference in how the J&J and the mRNA vaccines work?
Dilettante
I don't understand. Are you saying those two things work the same?
Duncan Idaho
Effectively they do. The only difference between the 2 is how the get the RNA into the cell for the cell to produce the spike protein.

One uses a carrier virus, the others use nanolipid particles.

Dilettante
J&J is DNA.
Duncan Idaho
Which gets transscibed to RNA and is used to produce spike proteins.

The mRNA vaccines just cut out the first step.

The effect is your cells get information on how to make the spike protein and they make it. Your immune system sees the spike protein and says "wtf? Get this outta here" and produces the antibodies needed for that to occur.

10andBOUNCE
AG
Its Texas Aggies, dammit said:

If a member of your church is not vaxed, what are your thoughts as to whether others in the congregation should help to support this person and his family financially if he loses his job as a result? I have heard of some pastors taking this position.

Yes

Acts 4:32-37

They Had Everything in Common
[32] Now the full number of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one said that any of the things that belonged to him was his own, but they had everything in common. [33] And with great power the apostles were giving their testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace was upon them all. [34] There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were owners of lands or houses sold them and brought the proceeds of what was sold [35] and laid it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to each as any had need. [36] Thus Joseph, who was also called by the apostles Barnabas (which means son of encouragement), a Levite, a native of Cyprus, [37] sold a field that belonged to him and brought the money and laid it at the apostles' feet.
-Acts 4:32-37
Dilettante
It kind of seems like all vaccines are the same by that logic. A subunit vaccine just cuts out the RNA step.
Duncan Idaho
Yeah. All these new vaccines did (and it is why they are so paradigm shifting) is move the production of the designated protein subunit from a factory floor to your body.

Outside of the adjuncts used in packaging the vaccines, Any long term problem that you fear from the MRNA vaccine, will be present in the viral vector vaccine and will be present in the protein subunit vaccines and will be present with the virus.

Pick your meme:
It's all spike protein? It always has been

It's spike proteins all the way down

You get a spike protein and you get a spike protein and you get a spike protein

Dilettante
There are a few differences between the vaccine and the virus that don't matter, but that I could see someone being bothered by.

The first is that the vaccine spike sequence is modified to stay in an antigenic conformation. The second is the use of methylated pseudo-uracil.

I haven't ever looked anything up about the J&J vaccine so I don't know anything beyond the use of adenovirus VLPs.
Macarthur
Macarthur said:

Fair enough. I think discussion though over those types of symatics burries the lead a bit of just how much different the world would be right now with thousands and thousands less deaths and the world economy not struggling.

Bump.

https://www.newsweek.com/birx-estimates-trump-admin-could-have-prevented-30-40-percent-covid-deaths-1642753
powerbelly
AG
Macarthur said:

Macarthur said:

Fair enough. I think discussion though over those types of symatics burries the lead a bit of just how much different the world would be right now with thousands and thousands less deaths and the world economy not struggling.

Bump.

https://www.newsweek.com/birx-estimates-trump-admin-could-have-prevented-30-40-percent-covid-deaths-1642753
I give almost zero credibility to articles like that.
Sapper Redux
We have some of the worst Covid outcomes in the world, let alone the developed world. You seriously don't think the prior administration could have done more to preserve life?
powerbelly
AG
Sapper Redux said:

We have some of the worst Covid outcomes in the world, let alone the developed world. You seriously don't think the prior administration could have done more to preserve life?

I don't think someone with responsibility to solve the issue should be lobbing grenades to save their own ass. I also don't think there was much difference between how Trump handled it and how the democrats would have

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.