lost job due to no vax

31,422 Views | 469 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Reload8098
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I had an interesting YouTube ad last week.

It was an unskipable 30 second ad that was nothing but clips of trump(PBUH) praising the vaccine and fox clips reporting on the fact that trump(PBUH) and his most recent wife had been vaccinated.

Nothing else. No information about who bought the ad. No title cards, no voice overs, no URLs. Nothing just 30 seconds of trump(PBUH) praising and getting the vaccine.
Duncan Idaho
Macarthur said:

Dilettante said:

Macarthur said:

If those on the right had embraced this (I find it incredibly ironic because it was developed under a R administration), we would have effectively eradicated COVID-19.
Nope, no chance. There would have been less deaths and less incentive to restrict freedoms though.

Maybe it's talking past each other, but I think had an administration taken this seriously and pushed the narrative effectively, things would have been significantly diff. You can take issue with the word eradicate, but I still thing the point stands.

You are saying we would be at the"endemic" phase by now. Which I agree but people need to understand that endemic covid will be a different ballgame from endemic flu.

Endemic colds:endemic flu:: endemic flu:endemic covid
Macarthur
I would be curious to know the date of those because while he has publicly said people should get it, I think much of the early messaging affected how people viewed this from the onset. Once people have the mindset that this is born out of some conspiracy, at every turn, it doesn't matter if Jesus Christ himself told them to get it.

We know that there was evidence that something like this could happen. We battled these types of pathogens and previous administrations had developed a playbook to deal with these issues, but pride and arrogance got in the way.
Dilettante
PBUH? Praise be unto him?
Star Wars Memes Only
I had to google it too. Praise Be Upon Him
Macarthur
Fair enough. I think discussion though over those types of symatics burries the lead a bit of just how much different the world would be right now with thousands and thousands less deaths and the world economy not struggling.
Dilettante
I don't think eradicated vs. endemic is semantic at all. Those are the types of large factual errors which make people discount the rest of your opinions. Which I'm not doing, but I guarantee a lot of people would.
dermdoc
AG
The progressive vaccination crowd calling anyone else arrogant is a great example of cognitive dissonance. I am pro vax. But understand and respect the anti vaxxers.

I do not recall any of the anti vax posters on here calling other posters "arrogant", "morons", etc. One poster said something to the effect that this was the destruction of society right in front of their eyes.

If you can not go back and read your posts and see the loathing and condescension in the posts by the usual suspects then you have absolutely no self awareness. And of course there has to be disdain for Trump also.

It is truly bizarre.

God bless.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggrad08
AG
AGC said:

The decisions being made are about more than science; we're re-ordering society right now and these are far beyond the scope of a 'scientist' no matter how grounded his knowledge base is. Your arrogance in the face of that scope strays into hubris.
No we aren't. in fact this wouldn't be any different than the damn flu shot if people weren't trying to weaponize stupidity.

dermdoc
AG
Macarthur said:

Fair enough. I think discussion though over those types of symatics burries the lead a bit of just how much different the world would be right now with thousands and thousands less deaths and the world economy not struggling.
Example number one. How does people in the US not getting the vaccine affect the entire world?

I am taking a break and I am sure a lot of you are glad about that.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Duncan Idaho
Macarthur said:

I would be curious to know the date of those because while he has publicly said people should get it, I think much of the early messaging affected how people viewed this from the onset. Once people have the mindset that this is born out of some conspiracy, at every turn, it doesn't matter if Jesus Christ himself told them to get it.

We know that there was evidence that something like this could happen. We battled these types of pathogens and previous administrations had developed a playbook to deal with these issues, but pride and arrogance got in the way.

It wasn't pride and arrogance. It was power and politics.
https://www.businessinsider.com/kushner-covid-19-plan-maybe-axed-for-political-reasons-report-2020-7
dermdoc
AG
Aggrad08 said:

AGC said:

The decisions being made are about more than science; we're re-ordering society right now and these are far beyond the scope of a 'scientist' no matter how grounded his knowledge base is. Your arrogance in the face of that scope strays into hubris.
No we aren't. in fact this wouldn't be any different than the damn flu shot if people weren't trying to weaponize stupidity.

"Stupidity" That Will change a lot of minds. But changing minds was never the goal here from reading posts. It is to prove how smart one is and how dumb someone is who does not agree with them. Interesting strategy.

Sorry now I will leave.

You folks carry on.
Duncan Idaho
dermdoc said:

Macarthur said:

Example number one. How does people in the US not getting the vaccine affect the entire world?

How does one of the 2 largest economies in the world not being back to normal impact the rest of the world?

Yeah that is a hard confusing question.
Aggrad08
AG
dermdoc said:

Aggrad08 said:

AGC said:

"Stupidity" That Will change a lot of minds. But changing minds was never the goal here from reading posts. It is to prove how smart one is and how dumb someone is who does not agree with the. Interesting strategy.

Sorry now I will leave.

You folks carry on.

I'm not really trying to change minds as these people haven't demonstrated any evidence that their minds can be changed. If someone had genuine curiosity and ignorance needed corrected that different. It's a discussion forum, I'm simply stating what I see. And I hardly think calling anti vax stupid is crossing a line. Never was before.

And how often do I hear you poopooing the politics board for the libtard talk? It seems it's only when it's your side we need to be gentle with our language.
Duncan Idaho
Aggrad08 said:

AGC said:

I happened to be outside when my neighbor was getting his mail. He got a letter from his insurance company reminding him to take his flu shot. I know this because he was so upset about it that he started complaining about it to me.

His insurance company reminding him to get a flu shot was overreach.
Macarthur
Dilettante said:

I don't think eradicated vs. endemic is semantic at all. Those are the types of large factual errors which make people discount the rest of your opinions. Which I'm not doing, but I guarantee a lot of people would.

I get your point, but I did say 'essential eradicated' and critiquing my use of the word eradicate is fair.
Macarthur
dermdoc said:

Macarthur said:

Because the US is the major driving factor in the world economy
Aggrad08
AG
Next thing you know they will suggest not smoking or eating every ounce of calories you face can manage.

Once they ask you to exercise it's time for a revolution
Duncan Idaho
To be fair, he called "covid is over" many hundreds of thousands of deaths ago.
Dilettante
Those people are stupid and confident. You can tell as well as I can. The truth hurts. That you respect anti-vaccine and anti-intellectual positions has been clear throughout the pandemic. I think it's probably a moral and professional failing of some kind on your part.
Zobel
AG

Quote:

I'm not talking hypotheticals. It may be hypothetical to you but it's very real to my local community and fellow parishioners. The penalty absolutely matters; opportunity cost is a real thing (but you know that).
Ok then be specific please to what you're describing. I don't think there's going to be a federal mandate. I'm actually pretty confident about that. I'm not sure exactly how the proposed OSHA mandate would play out - there's going to be legal challenges by individuals as well as states. Again, school-aged children being required to be vaccinated doesn't strike me as a new injustice (maybe you consider this vaccine to be the next in a long train of abuses, I don't know).

Quote:

I have no desire to live publicly the way some here do. My ministry, my life, my focus is all local. This is a fun diversion but not a real substitute for that.
If you're not going to give any details about what it is you're saying is injustice, how is anyone supposed to understand what your objection is? I might agree with you, I might not.

I really don't understand this. I'm not asking for your personal details, I'm trying to figure out what it is you're actually talking about.
dermdoc
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

To be fair, he called "covid is over" many hundreds of thousands of deaths ago.

Surely you are smart enough to know that I meant what was over was the social distancing and restrictive masking.

But no disease is ever "over". If you use your criteria, flu is never over, pneumonia, etc.

But when I posted that, I was meaning that my church was full and open, stadiums would soon be open, restaurants, etc.

Look around. Kyle has 106k last two weeks ago. Just went to HEB and no masks, no requirements of proof of vaccination, restaurants are full, tailgates are hopping and yes there will be more deaths from Covid. Like every other disease.

But most people are "over" it and living life.

But whatever.

According to one poster I have moral failures because I respect differing opinions.

If I want this I would be on F16.
PacifistAg
AG
To be fair, RAB had repeatedly insulted this who are pro-vaxx, even starting out by calling us "Branch Covidians". Ignoring how that name doesn't make sense given the anti-vaxx crowd is more likely to die from COVID.
Dilettante
That you think we're talking about "respecting different opinions" is hilarious to me. I'm talking about your encouragement of people with a sub-middle school knowledge base arguing with doctors. This isn't Catag's opinion vs. RamblinAg's opinion. It's knowledge vs. ignorance.

If you don't agree with the factual parts of that I'd question your competence. If you do agree, you certainly don't act like it. Not everything is an opinion. Some people are right, others are wrong. Are you a doctor or a mouse?
dermdoc
AG
PacifistAg said:

To be fair, RAB had repeatedly insulted this who are pro-vaxx, even starting out by calling us "Branch Covidians". Ignoring how that name doesn't make sense given the anti-vaxx crowd is more likely to die from COVID.
Fair enough. Stupid, moron, moral failure, etc. are a,little more derogatory and hate filled to me.

But whatever.
dermdoc
AG
Dilettante said:

That you think we're talking about "respecting different opinions" is hilarious to me. I'm talking about your encouragement of people with a sub-middle school knowledge base arguing with doctors. This isn't Catag's opinion vs. RamblinAg's opinion. It's knowledge vs. ignorance.

If you don't agree with the factual parts of that I'd question your competence. If you do agree, you certainly don't act like it. Not everything is an opinion. Some people are right, others are wrong. Are you a doctor or a mouse?
Glad I could make you laugh.

And I love cheese.

Isn't this the very attitude y'all hate on F16?

Weird
Sapper Redux
Nm
RAB91
PacifistAg said:

To be fair, there's a huge difference in someone who's pro-vaccine and a BC. My wife is in a higher risk group so she got the vaccine (and still got covid)... so I consider her pro-vaccine.

IMO, people who are pro-mandates, support people losing their jobs due to not getting the shot, anti-science when it comes to natural immunity, etc... those are the BCs. This has become their religion.

I'll say it again... I'm pro-vaccine, pro-freedom, and pro-science.
PacifistAg
AG
Employer mandates are not anti-freedom. Banning employer mandates is, however.
Dark_Knight
AG
Bringing up what was done in the past is a bit of a fallacy. Doesn't matter. Also military doesn't equal civilians.

Vaccines for schools you could still get waivers for.

What's going on now is a whole new level of authoritarian push. Companies didn't require immunizations before...now all of a sudden we're pushing for vaccinations for a virus that is 99% survivable. Ridiculous. Get off the high horses.
Because I'm Batman!

dermdoc
AG
Dilettante said:

And abortion is always wrong. I am right and that is not an opinion.

Do I still get my cheese?
Duncan Idaho
Most companies didn't require vaccinations in the past because we had herd immunity for the diseases that would impact their workforce due to how comprehensively we address childhood vaccinations.

The only thing unique about this vaccine is that the disease impacts adults enough that it makes fiscal sense for companies to require it.

If polio (a pathogen far less deadly than SARS-CoV-2) popped up on the scene today every company with any kind of Health and safety program or risk management program would require the vaccine.

RAB91
Duncan Idaho said:

Most companies didn't require vaccinations in the past because we had herd immunity for the diseases that would impact their workforce due to how comprehensively we address childhood vaccinations.

The only thing unique about this vaccine is that the disease impacts adults enough that it makes fiscal sense for companies to require it.

If polio (a pathogen far less deadly than SARS-CoV-2) popped up on the scene today every company with any kind of Health and safety program or risk management program would require the vaccine.

When they ignore the part of the population (at least 1/3) that already has natural immunity, it isn't fiscal reasons driving these mandates.
Zobel
AG
People have been saying 1/3 of the population has immunity for 18 months now.
Duncan Idaho
Which is the easiest/cheapest path to getting reasonable assurance that you have compliance with a corporate vaccination mandate
1)everyone upload the same vaccine card
Or
2)having people upload a nonstandardized collection of medical records that people use to validate recovery from an infection that results in a documented antibody response.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.