Unpopular opinion: We (Catholics) need to be more like the taliban

15,035 Views | 314 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Joe Boudain
Joe Boudain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

And I repeat the question, if what you want was Christ's goal, why did He not do it?

Do you know better than Christ?
God longed for all of his children to be in heaven with him, yet he allowed Eve to engineer the fall of Man; why did he do that if he wanted all of his to be with him?

Christ's earthly mission was to heal the rift between God and Mankind through his sacrifice and establish the Kingdom of God on Earth; he accomplished the first, and delegated the remainder to his chosen Shepherds during the Great Commissioning. The faith grew under persecution and became mainstream due to the actions of the Great Kings of Christendom, who went to war to ensure the faith flourished.

You'd be speaking Arabic and bowing towards Mecca right now if it weren't for Charles Martell.
And I would never bow towards Mecca.
you would if you were Muslim because Islam had taken over all of Europe instead of being thrown back at Tours.
Martin Q. Blank
dermdoc
AG
You realize you are advocating exactly what the Jews, especially the "religious" leaders wanted? A king who would overthrow the Romans and rule with an iron fist implementing Levitical law.

Those are the people Christ criticized.

And if this is the goal of Christianity, why didn't Christ establish an early kingdom here? And rule with an iron fist like you want Him to?

Are you an antichrist?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
747Ag
AG

dermdoc
AG
Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

And I repeat the question, if what you want was Christ's goal, why did He not do it?

Do you know better than Christ?
God longed for all of his children to be in heaven with him, yet he allowed Eve to engineer the fall of Man; why did he do that if he wanted all of his to be with him?

Christ's earthly mission was to heal the rift between God and Mankind through his sacrifice and establish the Kingdom of God on Earth; he accomplished the first, and delegated the remainder to his chosen Shepherds during the Great Commissioning. The faith grew under persecution and became mainstream due to the actions of the Great Kings of Christendom, who went to war to ensure the faith flourished.

You'd be speaking Arabic and bowing towards Mecca right now if it weren't for Charles Martell.
And I would never bow towards Mecca.
you would if you were Muslim because Islam had taken over all of Europe instead of being thrown back at Tours.
You do not know that, do you?

And the Christians did not bow to the Emperor did they? Got them killed but hopefully I would be that brave.

And why did Jesus not overthrow Roman rule. Actually he did. He overthrew every earthly government as He stated, My kingdom is not of this world.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PacifistAg
AG
Joe Boudain said:

I have nothing but respect, grudging admiration, and disgust at the taliban. They have kept their eye on the prize and haven't been deterred from their goal of an Islamic Caliphate in Afghanistan.

There will be no abortions nor pride parades in Kabul. No rainbow flags flown over embassies. Their relationship to Allah informs their actions and influences every facet of society.

We need to be more like them, intolerance not tolerance is a Christian virtue. Jesus Christ is priest, Prophet, king of the World, and any society that does not claim him as such is doomed to failure.
You know what there will be? A **** ton of murders and rapes. Of women. Of LGBTQIA people. As Christians, we are to be known for our love. We are to show the fruits of the Spirit...love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Killing people because they're gay or trans isn't a fruit of the Spirit. It is a fruit of Satan though. So, gtfo here with this anti-Christ garbage.
PacifistAg
AG
Joe,

Let me ask you this. I'm a trans woman and Christian. In your world, if you were able to get the government you desire, what would be my fate? What would you have done to me? What about my children? My wife? Please be open and honest about this. Own what you're arguing for.
Joe Boudain
747Ag said:

Franco, Salazar, Bl Karl of Austria, so many good examples to choose from.
canadiaggie
AG
I will never not get a chuckle out of people mythologizing Muslims as some kind of devout ideal to aspire to. We are just like everyone else - devout to varying degrees. And many of the extremists are not devout at all.

The Taliban is not a caliphate movement. It is a Pakistani-Chinese lapdog being spurred to enable the construction of a trade pathway to connect the Central Asian -stans to the Gwadar Port in Balochistan.
Joe Boudain
dermdoc said:

You realize you are advocating exactly what the Jews, especially the "religious" leaders wanted? A king who would overthrow the Romans and rule with an iron fist implementing Levitical law.

Those are the people Christ criticized.

And if this is the goal of Christianity, why didn't Christ establish an early kingdom here? And rule with an iron fist like you want Him to?

Are you an antichrist?
Christ criticized them because they were hypocrits, yet he admonished everyone to do as they say, but not as they do, as they did indeed have authority due to the fact that they sat in the seat of Moses.

I also have no clue what sort of Tim Lahaye, Kurt Cameron pulp you must be ingesting to think that someone who wants to name Christ Lord of all is an antichrist.
Joe Boudain
PacifistAg said:

Joe,

Let me ask you this. I'm a trans woman and Christian. In your world, if you were able to get the government you desire, what would be my fate? What would you have done to me? What about my children? My wife? Please be open and honest about this. Own what you're arguing for.
You would be warned and asked to stop persisting in your fantasy, if you didn't you'd be put in jail. Your wife and child would behave as anyone would whose father is in jail.
Joe Boudain
PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

I have nothing but respect, grudging admiration, and disgust at the taliban. They have kept their eye on the prize and haven't been deterred from their goal of an Islamic Caliphate in Afghanistan.

There will be no abortions nor pride parades in Kabul. No rainbow flags flown over embassies. Their relationship to Allah informs their actions and influences every facet of society.

We need to be more like them, intolerance not tolerance is a Christian virtue. Jesus Christ is priest, Prophet, king of the World, and any society that does not claim him as such is doomed to failure.
You know what there will be? A **** ton of murders and rapes. Of women. Of LGBTQIA people. As Christians, we are to be known for our love. We are to show the fruits of the Spirit...love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Killing people because they're gay or trans isn't a fruit of the Spirit. It is a fruit of Satan though. So, gtfo here with this anti-Christ garbage.
I don't agree with killing people who are gay or trans. I said "more like the taliban" and not "exact copies of the taliban"
PacifistAg
AG
Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe,

You would be warned and asked to stop persisting in your fantasy, if you didn't you'd be put in jail. Your wife and child would behave as anyone would whose father is in jail.
So your solution is life imprisonment? Go **** yourself. There is no fantasy, and my wife and child would behave as anyone whose wife/mother was imprisoned by some satanic regime. I would actually press them to escape your satanic hell you created.
PacifistAg
AG
Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

I don't agree with killing people who are gay or trans. I said "more like the taliban" and not "exact copies of the taliban"
Oh, so don't kill us. Just lock us in a cage for the rest of our lives. Go **** yourself. You are no Christian.
PacifistAg
AG
Staff, seriously can we get this filth that slithered over from F16 off this board. Is the purposeful misgendering and call that I be thrown in jail simply for being who I am not enough?

I guess bustup couldn't resist coming back over here.
Joe Boudain
PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe,

So your solution is life imprisonment? Go **** yourself. There is no fantasy, and my wife and child would behave as anyone whose wife/mother was imprisoned by some satanic regime. I would actually press them to escape your satanic hell you created.
They would be free to go. Satan is the father of all lies, you are furthering his agenda by insisting upon the lie that you have the ability to change that which is not changeable.
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

I said "more like the taliban" and not "exact copies of the taliban"
Glad you clarified, otherwise you might have come across as some kind of religious nutjob.
747Ag
AG
Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

There are so many ways "more like the taliban" can be interpreted, and your interlocutors seem like they are taking this statement to places you did not have in mind. Generalities like this give people all sorts of room to run with it and paint you in the worst light possible.
PacifistAg
AG
Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe,

They would be free to go. Satan is the father of all lies, you are furthering his agenda by insisting upon the lie that you have the ability to change that which is not changeable.
Actually, it's you furthering Satan's agenda in spreading the lies that your psychotic and satanic approach is remotely compatible with the way of Christ. You blaspheme His name by doing so.
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

There are so many ways "more like the taliban" can be interpreted
Are there, though?
PacifistAg
AG
747Ag said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

There are so many ways "more like the taliban" can be interpreted, and your interlocutors seem like they are taking this statement to places you did not have in mind. Generalities like this give people all sorts of room to run with it and paint you in the worst light possible.

Yeah, I made the leap of thinking he wanted to kill me. I was crazy for that. He just wants to lock me in a cage for the rest of my life, and deprive me of being with my family.
Joe Boudain
747Ag said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

We need to be less tolerant. Tolerance is not a Christian virtue. I'm an engineer, a material's tolerance is not infinite, there is a set point at which a material will deform, and my God we have deformed as a society. PacifistAg brings up that there will be "more rapes and murders', I don't know how he can say that, but I know there will be less Pride Parades, blasphemy and abortion.
PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

PacifistAg brings up that there will be "more rapes and murders', I don't know how he can say that, but I know there will be less Pride Parades, blasphemy and abortion.
*she

And there will be more rapes and murders because that's what satanic people, such as yourself, do with power. It's what we see with the Taliban that you so want to emulate. It's what we see any time nutjobs get power.
Joe Boudain
PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe,

Actually, it's you furthering Satan's agenda in spreading the lies that your psychotic and satanic approach is remotely compatible with the way of Christ. You blaspheme His name by doing so.
Your cussing and carrying on is reminiscent of the way people behave when they're under demonic infestation. I would consult a Priest if I were you.
PacifistAg
AG
Btw, this is so clearly bustup. The same bustup who slept with a prostitute and convinced himself that he was doing the noble thing by keeping it from his wife.
PacifistAg
AG
Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe,

Your cussing and carrying on is reminiscent of the way people behave when they're under demonic infestation. I would consult a Priest if I were you.
Yeah, I get worked up at bigots who want to destroy my family and throw me in a cage for the rest of my life simply because they are ignorant about a topic while they idolize the Taliban. Your words, though, are far more profane than anything I've said.
747Ag
AG
Beer Baron said:

Quote:

Are there, though?
Yes. In which ways? Which qualities? Which to imitate? Which to reject? Permutations and combinations.
Beer Baron
AG
747Ag said:

Beer Baron said:

Quote:

Are there, though?
Yes. In which ways? Which qualities? Which to imitate? Which to reject? Permutations and combinations.
You tell me. In what context is "more like the taliban" a good thing?
Joe Boudain
PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe,

Yeah, I get worked up at bigots who want to destroy my family and throw me in a cage for the rest of my life simply because they are ignorant about a topic while they idolize the Taliban. Your words, though, are far more profane than anything I've said.
I would rather be a Karamazovian Holy Fool and revel in my orthodox ignorance than persist in a lie.
PacifistAg
AG
Beer Baron said:

747Ag said:

Beer Baron said:

Quote:

Are there, though?
You tell me. In what context is "more like the taliban" a good thing?
Especially when "not like the Taliban" is merely imprisoning LGBTQIA people instead of murdering us.
PacifistAg
AG
Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe,

I would rather be a Karamazovian Holy Fool and revel in my orthodox ignorance than persist in a lie.
Well, you are certainly a fool, bustup. A blasphemous and satanic fool, but a fool nonetheless.
dermdoc
AG
You refuse to answer why Christ did not do what you want.
Joe Boudain
dermdoc said:

You refuse to answer why Christ did not do what you want.
That's because I don't understand the nature of the question, if you're asking why didn't Christ set up a Kingdom on Earth, I'll say it's for the same reason he didn't give us scripture; he gave us a Church who canonized scripture, the same Church led by the Apostles who became the Episcopate who ruled hand in hand with the Kings of Europe, until the Satanic enlightenment thrust moral relativism on the scene.
PacifistAg
AG
I've seen some vile, evil garbage on this website before. But honestly, this takes the cake. As the Taliban seizes control of a country, for anyone who claims to be a follower of Christ to seek to emulate them is blasphemous. The Taliban murders and rapes. They oppress. They brutalize. Then you have these tradcaths who, from the comfort of their homes, bluster about how they wish they could be just like the Taliban. All while proclaiming to follow our nonviolent Christ who is the exact representation of God. The same God who is Love.

Seriously, this is the most twisted filth I've seen on this board.
Joe Boudain
PacifistAg said:

I've seen some vile, evil garbage on this website before. But honestly, this takes the cake. As the Taliban seizes control of a country, for anyone who claims to be a follower of Christ to seek to emulate them is blasphemous. The Taliban murders and rapes. They oppress. They brutalize. Then you have these tradcaths who, from the comfort of their homes, bluster about how they wish they could be just like the Taliban. All while proclaiming to follow our nonviolent Christ who is the exact representation of God. The same God who is Love.

Seriously, this is the most twisted filth I've seen on this board.
Christ is not a representation of God, he is God. Just a point of order amongst the garment rending.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.