Unpopular opinion: We (Catholics) need to be more like the taliban

14,037 Views | 314 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Joe Boudain
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

I've seen some vile, evil garbage on this website before. But honestly, this takes the cake. As the Taliban seizes control of a country, for anyone who claims to be a follower of Christ to seek to emulate them is blasphemous. The Taliban murders and rapes. They oppress. They brutalize. Then you have these tradcaths who, from the comfort of their homes, bluster about how they wish they could be just like the Taliban. All while proclaiming to follow our nonviolent Christ who is the exact representation of God. The same God who is Love.

Seriously, this is the most twisted filth I've seen on this board.
Christ is not a representation of God, he is God. Just a point of order amongst the garment rending.
Sorry, the exact representation of His nature (Heb 1:3). When we look at Christ, we see what God looks like. Want to know what God looks like? Want to know what the nature of God looks like? We look to Christ. Christ does not kill. He does not imprison. He does not murder and rape. That's you and the false religion you serve. Go away, bustup.
747Ag
AG
Beer Baron said:

747Ag said:

Beer Baron said:

Quote:

There are so many ways "more like the taliban" can be interpreted
Are there, though?
Yes. In which ways? Which qualities? Which to imitate? Which to reject? Permutations and combinations.
You tell me. In what context is "more like the taliban" a good thing?
Is every last jot and tittle about these people evil?
PacifistAg
AG
747Ag said:

Beer Baron said:

747Ag said:

Beer Baron said:

Quote:

Are there, though?
Yes. In which ways? Which qualities? Which to imitate? Which to reject? Permutations and combinations.
Well, considering bustup is wanting to emulate their mistreatment of women and LGBTQIA people, I don't think we're far off of grasping what he is claiming. Sure, bustup isn't calling for murdering me. He just wants to break up my family and throw me in prison until I die.
Joe Boudain
PacifistAg said:

747Ag said:

Beer Baron said:

747Ag said:

Beer Baron said:

Quote:

Are there, though?
Well, considering bustup is wanting to emulate their mistreatment of women and LGBTQIA people, I don't think we're far off of grasping what he is claiming. Sure, bustup isn't calling for murdering me. He just wants to break up my family and throw me in prison until I die.
The fact that you wouldn't be willing to put on a pair of slacks and say "i'm a guy again" but would rather persist in a lie is worrisome, especially given the impact you say it would have on your family.
PacifistAg
AG
Oh, and since we've been bogged down on bustup's love of oppression, we seem to have overlooked his flawed interpretation of Matthew 10:34. No, that's not about Christ's "warlike nature", or whatever nonsense you called it.
Joe Boudain
747Ag said:

Beer Baron said:

747Ag said:

Beer Baron said:

Quote:

Are there, though?
Having a talk with moral relativists about objective evil is an exercise in futility
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

Sure seems to be the case from everything I've read, but I'm all ears to whatever redeeming qualities you think they might have that we could benefit from implementing here.
PacifistAg
AG
Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

747Ag said:

Beer Baron said:

747Ag said:

Beer Baron said:

Quote:

Are there, though?
The fact that you wouldn't be willing to put on a pair of slacks and say "i'm a guy again" but would rather persist in a lie is worrisome, especially given the impact you say it would have on your family.
The fact that you would rather throw me in prison because you don't like my clothes is worrisome, especially given the impact it would have on people who bear God's divine image.

But yeah, go ahead and try to gaslight me. Ever come clean to your wife about sleeping with that prostitute, bustup?
Joe Boudain
PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

747Ag said:

Beer Baron said:

747Ag said:

Beer Baron said:

Quote:

Are there, though?
The fact that you would rather throw me in prison because you don't like my clothes is worrisome, especially given the impact it would have on people who bear God's divine image.

But yeah, go ahead and try to gaslight me. Ever come clean to your wife about sleeping with that prostitute, bustup?
I have no clue who you think I am or why you think constant accusations of infidelity are going to get under my skin, but you just look foolish. You're unable to have a conversation without insulting or cursing. It's the sign of emotional and intellectual immaturity.
Joe Boudain
PacifistAg said:

Oh, and since we've been bogged down on bustup's love of oppression, we seem to have overlooked his flawed interpretation of Matthew 10:34. No, that's not about Christ's "warlike nature", or whatever nonsense you called it.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that we have a different hermeneutic when it comes to scriptural interpretation.
PacifistAg
AG
The thing that makes me so happy is 1) satanic people like bustup/Joe will not gain power in my life, so he's really just exposing the evil in his heart for no reason, and 2) satanic people like bustup/Joe will not be able to do a damn thing if the day ever comes that I happen to share a public restroom with his wife. Of course, I would only be going in to use the restroom, but the thought of him being apoplectic over not being able to do a damn thing about a trans woman in the proper restroom with his wife makes me happy.
PacifistAg
AG
Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that we have a different hermeneutic when it comes to scriptural interpretation.
Yes, we do. When your hermeneutic results in looking like the Taliban, then you got it wrong, sweetheart.
Joe Boudain
PacifistAg said:

The thing that makes me so happy is 1) satanic people like bustup/Joe will not gain power in my life, so he's really just exposing the evil in his heart for no reason, and 2) satanic people like bustup/Joe will not be able to do a damn thing if the day ever comes that I happen to share a public restroom with his wife. Of course, I would only be going in to use the restroom, but the thought of him being apoplectic over not being able to do a damn thing about a trans woman in the proper restroom with his wife makes me happy.
That's weird that you get happy thinking about using a public restroom around my wife, regardless of context.
schmendeler
AG
747Ag said:

Beer Baron said:

747Ag said:

Beer Baron said:

Quote:

Are there, though?
they really know how to wear a beard.
747Ag
AG
Beer Baron said:

Quote:

Sure seems to be the case from everything I've read, but I'm all ears to whatever redeeming qualities you think they might have that we could benefit from implementing here.
Can you even be open to the possibility that they may exhibit natural virtues? Perhaps I'm too given to extending the benefit of the doubt to people like the OP, our country's adversaries, and even lawyers.
PacifistAg
AG
Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

747Ag said:

Beer Baron said:

747Ag said:

Beer Baron said:

Quote:

Are there, though?

I have no clue who you think I am or why you think constant accusations of infidelity are going to get under my skin, but you just look foolish. You're unable to have a conversation without insulting or cursing. It's the sign of emotional and intellectual immaturity.
Well, you sound like a former poster, bustup, who cheated on his wife and was a fellow tradcath. And what do you expect when you spout such antichrist nonsense like I should be prison for being trans. You aren't wanting real conversation.
PacifistAg
AG
Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

That's weird that you get happy thinking about using a public restroom around my wife, regardless of context.
Not happy to be there with her. Happy that you couldn't do **** about it.
Joe Boudain
PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

"Hey look, this guy is uncomfortable with a biological male being exposed near his wife, everyone laugh at him"

I'm going to keep this bookmarked as exhibit A whenever anyone tells me the LGBTQIA crew is normal just like we are and it's just a few bad eggs making them look bad.
PacifistAg
AG
Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

"Hey look, this guy is uncomfortable with a biological male being exposed near his wife, everyone laugh at him"

I'm going to keep this bookmarked as exhibit A whenever anyone tells me the LGBTQIA crew is normal just like we are and it's just a few bad eggs making them look bad.

Who exposes themselves in the restroom? Feel free to bookmark though on this thread that TOTALLY makes you look normal.
dermdoc
AG
Christ is Scripture.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
747Ag said:

Beer Baron said:

Quote:

Can you even be open to the possibility that they may exhibit natural virtues? Perhaps I'm too given to extending the benefit of the doubt to people like the OP, our country's adversaries, and even lawyers.

Lost me at lawyers.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Joe Boudain
dermdoc said:

Christ is Scripture.
I feel like this is one of those things a 30 year old worship leader with acid washed jeans, a lip ring and a beanie on in 100 degree heat says at a boutique non denomination that sounds deep but makes no sense.

If you meant Christ is the Word of God, then yes you are correct. Christ is not scripture as Christ is not the Book of Acts, or letters from St.Paul, or tales of the Maccabees or what have you.
dermdoc
AG
Yep, you got me tagged.

To my knowledge, Christ never condemned anyone except for people with views like you.
dermdoc
AG
Matthew 5:39

But I tell you, do not resist an evil person, if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek.

How does that fit with your "theology"?

dermdoc
AG
Or Matthew 5:44. Or numerous other scriptures. You are an antichrist.
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

Not really. It's the Taliban. If they have any of these virtues, it shouldn't be that hard for you to tell me what they are. Otherwise this just seems like you're trying to gloss over an objectively horrible OP because he's on ostensibly on your team. I don't think an atheist starting a post saying "You know, Mao on Pol Pot had some really good ideas and we should do that too!" would get the same treatment.
PacifistAg
AG
Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Imagine admiring the Taliban, then claiming I'm the one who isn't normal because I think it's funny that you can't do **** about people like me.

I mean, this is why people like you are such cowards. You want someone else to do all these evil things on your behalf, while you sit there apoplectic yet unwilling to do **** yourself.
Joe Boudain
dermdoc said:

But I tell you, do not resist an evil person, if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek.

Turn the other cheek and judge not are the two most misunderstood verses in the bible. This is why God gave us a church to lead us to proper understanding. We understand this as hyperbole, much as we understand we're not to actually pluck our eyes out nor cut our hands off, as we would all be blind and handless if that were the case.

Joe Boudain
PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Imagine admiring the Taliban, then claiming I'm the one who isn't normal because I think it's funny that you can't do **** about people like me.

I mean, this is why people like you are such cowards. You want someone else to do all these evil things on your behalf, while you sit there apoplectic yet unwilling to do **** yourself.
I have the most powerful weapon in the world against people like you, Prayer. You're trying to egg me into violence, through belittling me, accusing me of things I haven't done, but it's not going to work. I will pray for you and your family.
PacifistAg
AG
Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

I have the most powerful weapon in the world against people like you, Prayer. You're trying to egg me into violence, through belittling me, accusing me of things I haven't done, but it's not going to work. I will pray for you and your family.
Dude, I'm a pacifist...because I am a follower of Christ. I don't want you to be violent. I want you to repent of the evil you're promoting here. You're the one arguing for violence. Now you're trying to play the victim. But please do pray for me and my family. I'll never turn down prayers, even the self-righteous declaration of "I'm gonna pray for you, even though I never will" types.
dermdoc
AG
Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

Turn the other cheek and judge not are the two most misunderstood verses in the bible. This is why God gave us a church to lead us to proper understanding. We understand this as hyperbole, much as we understand we're not to actually pluck our eyes out nor cut our hands off, as we would all be blind and handless if that were the case.

So please tell me your interpretation of those verses.
PacifistAg
AG
dermdoc said:

Just as I thought. Matthew 5:39 is totally hyperbole, but Jesus really meant we should tie a millstone around people's neck and throw them in the sea.
Joe Boudain
PacifistAg said:

dermdoc said:

Just as I thought. Matthew 5:39 is totally hyperbole, but Jesus really meant we should tie a millstone around people's neck and throw them in the sea.

Yes, sins against children are more serious than sins against others, which is why christ singles out children and not adults. Also why the church allows the death penalty in extreme cases and not abortion.
dermdoc
AG
Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

dermdoc said:

Yes, sins against children are more serious than sins against others, which is why christ singles out children and not adults. Also why the church allows the death penalty in extreme cases and not abortion.

Can you give me Scriptural references for a Christ led earthly military kingdom?

Thanks.
PacifistAg
AG
Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

dermdoc said:

You do realize that Christ wasn't actually recommending that, right? Read the wording. He was talking figuratively. He was saying that, if you cause a child to sin, then it would be better to have a millstone tied around the neck. It wasn't an actual prescription of what to do. It was figurative language. Goodness. You are really bad at this. Let me guess. Luke 22:36 is Christ telling us to buy guns.

So, since my children are 100% affirming, do you think my wife and I should have millstones tied around our necks and have us thrown in the sea?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.