God and Donald Trump

7,390 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FightinTexasAggie08
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

garc said:

Tysonb@m said:

The thing about supporting amoral people I'd they can quickly and easily turn against you since they give zero cruds about you or your faith. But hey, better than hillary! Kinda, maybe, I hope so.

So we should elect Billy Graham?

Or we could put our faith ahead of winning a popularity contest and expect someone who claims to be a Christian to produce the fruits of a Christian. In that regard, there's not a dime's difference between Trump and Hillary. They both appear to use Christianity as nothing but a prop to dupe Christians into believing they are on God's side. If they claim Christ, then they don't get to produce rotten fruit simply because they hold political office.

Then again, I think Billy Graham had too much integrity to be president, and voters have made it clear that they value winning over pesky things like integrity, character or fruits of the Spirit.
If there were a devout Christian that were capable of doing what was needed, I would support them over anybody else. If not, I'd settle for someone who is merely pro-Christian and doing good work, but not necessarily a great person themselves.

I do know people who claim to be Christian who would support an atheist as long as they were staunchly conservative over a devout Christian moderate. I can't go that far.
But Trump claims to be a Christian. He is therefore held to that standard. He doesn't seem to even care about the standard that we are called to as followers of Christ. I have a bigger issue with people who use Christ as prop to win a popularity contest. It damages the witness of the church, just as it does when Christians throw their weight behind such false religiosity.

What is needed has nothing to do with America. God doesn't care about MAGA. What is needed, as Christians, is for the church to be a witness to the Kingdom of God in this world.
So. You are the poster-child for not holding Christians to any kind of standard. His actions are extremely pro-Christian and America-first, ergo, I'm happy with him as a leader. You, yourself, would rather have an atheist conservative over a Christian liberal, so why does a milquetoast Christian Trump bother you so much?
Why the personal attacks and lies? What actions are "pro-Christian"? Slashing the number of Christian refugees we take in? Or is it that he yammers on and on about silly things like what greeting to use during the holidays? Or the mocking and derision of others? Or is it covering up affairs from his 3rd wife? Also, America-fist isn't a Christian philosophy.

And please don't assume what I'd rather have. I don't care who runs the government. I'm a voluntaryist so I'd prefer to tear the whole thing down. I do care about people who profess Christ for no reason other than to win a popularity contest. I do care about the witness of the church being damaged by getting into bed with people like Trump or Hillary. I do care about the Savior of the world being used as a prop for man's politics. I do care about ministers goaltending for people like Trump. We don't need Christians in bed with degenerates. We need prophets speaking truth to the sins of the state and its leaders. We need Nathans and Samuels.
Whoa, dude, calm down. Seriously, this is just a discussion. If you think I'm lying, please point it out. If I am, I'll issue a correction, no problem.
Calm down? I asked you to stop w/ the personal crap, and then asked questions about Trump. Can you please explain what "pro-Christian" things Trump has done, outside of slashing how many Christian refugees we take in, the constant mocking and derision of others, the affairs and cover-ups of those affairs?
I'd like you to point out where I was lying about you first.
  • You are the poster-child for not holding Christians to any kind of standard - Outside of those who share your worldview and certain other trolls, I don't think you'd get much agreement on this here. Especially considering I get criticized regularly by people for what you're saying I don't do.
  • You, yourself, would rather have an atheist conservative over a Christian liberal - I'm a voluntaryist. I don't give a rat's ass who runs Rome/Babylon/America. I care about the body of Christ being a witness to Christ.

Now can you answer my questions without lying about me?
FightinTexasAggie08
You mean personal crap like falsely accusing someone of being an adulterer? Or browsing through people's unrelated post history?
Orko
AG
PacifistAg said:

Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

garc said:

Tysonb@m said:

The thing about supporting amoral people I'd they can quickly and easily turn against you since they give zero cruds about you or your faith. But hey, better than hillary! Kinda, maybe, I hope so.

So we should elect Billy Graham?

Or we could put our faith ahead of winning a popularity contest and expect someone who claims to be a Christian to produce the fruits of a Christian. In that regard, there's not a dime's difference between Trump and Hillary. They both appear to use Christianity as nothing but a prop to dupe Christians into believing they are on God's side. If they claim Christ, then they don't get to produce rotten fruit simply because they hold political office.

Then again, I think Billy Graham had too much integrity to be president, and voters have made it clear that they value winning over pesky things like integrity, character or fruits of the Spirit.
If there were a devout Christian that were capable of doing what was needed, I would support them over anybody else. If not, I'd settle for someone who is merely pro-Christian and doing good work, but not necessarily a great person themselves.

I do know people who claim to be Christian who would support an atheist as long as they were staunchly conservative over a devout Christian moderate. I can't go that far.
But Trump claims to be a Christian. He is therefore held to that standard. He doesn't seem to even care about the standard that we are called to as followers of Christ. I have a bigger issue with people who use Christ as prop to win a popularity contest. It damages the witness of the church, just as it does when Christians throw their weight behind such false religiosity.

What is needed has nothing to do with America. God doesn't care about MAGA. What is needed, as Christians, is for the church to be a witness to the Kingdom of God in this world.
So. You are the poster-child for not holding Christians to any kind of standard. His actions are extremely pro-Christian and America-first, ergo, I'm happy with him as a leader. You, yourself, would rather have an atheist conservative over a Christian liberal, so why does a milquetoast Christian Trump bother you so much?
Why the personal attacks and lies? What actions are "pro-Christian"? Slashing the number of Christian refugees we take in? Or is it that he yammers on and on about silly things like what greeting to use during the holidays? Or the mocking and derision of others? Or is it covering up affairs from his 3rd wife? Also, America-fist isn't a Christian philosophy.

And please don't assume what I'd rather have. I don't care who runs the government. I'm a voluntaryist so I'd prefer to tear the whole thing down. I do care about people who profess Christ for no reason other than to win a popularity contest. I do care about the witness of the church being damaged by getting into bed with people like Trump or Hillary. I do care about the Savior of the world being used as a prop for man's politics. I do care about ministers goaltending for people like Trump. We don't need Christians in bed with degenerates. We need prophets speaking truth to the sins of the state and its leaders. We need Nathans and Samuels.
Whoa, dude, calm down. Seriously, this is just a discussion. If you think I'm lying, please point it out. If I am, I'll issue a correction, no problem.
Calm down? I asked you to stop w/ the personal crap, and then asked questions about Trump. Can you please explain what "pro-Christian" things Trump has done, outside of slashing how many Christian refugees we take in, the constant mocking and derision of others, the affairs and cover-ups of those affairs?
I'd like you to point out where I was lying about you first.
  • You are the poster-child for not holding Christians to any kind of standard - Outside of those who share your worldview and certain other trolls, I don't think you'd get much agreement on this here. Especially considering I get criticized regularly by people for what you're saying I don't do.
  • You, yourself, would rather have an atheist conservative over a Christian liberal - I'm a voluntaryist. I don't give a rat's ass who runs Rome/Babylon/America. I care about the body of Christ being a witness to Christ.

Now can you answer my questions without lying about me?

Well, if I can prove they aren't lies, then I guess I'm not lying. Lets start here.
Quote:

You, yourself, would rather have an atheist conservative over a Christian liberal
You've stated, "I'd rather have a staunch conservative who is an atheist than a devout Christian moderate or liberal."
Remember, patriot, what they took from you. Your nation's identity, its religion, and its people are no more. Remember how we got here.
PacifistAg
AG
When was that comment made? It's certainly not how I feel anymore. It's funny, though, because most of y'all call me "liberal" nowadays.

Now, back to the actual subject and not your effort to make this all about me. Can you please answer my questions?
Orko
AG
Quote:

You are the poster-child for not holding Christians to any kind of standard

Yes, I do actively break laws that infringe on my liberty.

But, but, um it's a sin so we can't allow it. <-- Sarcasm

You should be able to [take a second wife].

Return marriage back to religion and let churches feel free to perform their ceremonies and give your certificates as they see fit. Those ceremonies are just ceremonies.

They can't, therefore they play the social 'boogeyman' card. It harms society, without any evidence of it actually harming society. <-- Because God decreed it, Pacifist. That is why.

Hey Einstein, I'll make it easier for you to grasp. Should I type real slow for you? I don't care what a person does, so long as they do not infringe on the rights of others.

I am an ardent supporter of gay marriage
Remember, patriot, what they took from you. Your nation's identity, its religion, and its people are no more. Remember how we got here.
Quad Dog
AG
Sullys Guy said:

You mean personal crap like falsely accusing someone of being an adulterer? Or browsing through people's unrelated post history?
Are you referring to him calling Trump and adulterer? If so, I have bad news for you.

"I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery." Matthew 19:9
PacifistAg
AG
Sigh....can you at least stop claiming that it's me derailing threads and making them about myself? Also, what are the dates of those comments, and the context in which they're made. I certainly don't support a theocracy, but I also no longer support the existence of the state itself. That doesn't mean I don't hold my fellow believers to any standard. The state has no bearing on that standard.
Orko
AG
No. Pacifist keeps referring to a past poster who defended someone else not telling their wife about an affair.
FightinTexasAggie08
PacifistAg said:

Sigh....can you at least stop claiming that it's me derailing threads and making them about myself? Also, what are the dates of those comments, and the context in which they're made. I certainly don't support a theocracy, but I also no longer support the existence of the state itself. That doesn't mean I don't hold my fellow believers to any standard. The state has no bearing on that standard.
No, it's definitely you derailing the threads. Do you want me to post your examples where you've pretty much gone "hey everyone, this guy has a post on the politics board weeks ago saying this unrelated thing"
Orko
AG
PacifistAg said:

What are you talking about? You came after me. I'm not derailing anything. I expressed a legitimate opinion about Trump promoting Christian issues. You jumped all over it. I merely restated your own opinions to show that he is the type of person you have stated you could support. You called me a liar and I showed you direct quotes as proof.

Now, since I've shown that I'm not a liar and didn't personally attack you at all, I will address your questions.

Slashing the number of Christian refugees we take in?

Well, I've seen posters refer to Palestinians (including Christians) in horrible ways, including yourself. I don't really think you have a leg to stand on here. However, his work against ISIS has saved far more Christian refugees from torture, death, and enslavement than any reduction of the ones we bring here.

Or is it that he yammers on and on about silly things like what greeting to use during the holidays?

Sure. Rejecting PC'ism and promoted a greeting that acknowledges Christ is a good thing.

Or the mocking and derision of others? Or is it covering up affairs from his 3rd wife?

So what. I've already stated he isn't a perfect Christian. Neither are you. If you are going to hold him to standards of perfection, I guess you should apply it to yourself as well.

Also, America-first isn't a Christian philosophy.

Its his job, though, and he executes it in a way that isn't anti-Christian. We aren't bombing people. We are trying to make the world safer through big-stick diplomacy instead of funding the bad guys or starting wars. Even his limited military actions are surgical and designed to limit the time of engagement.

He is a good leader and doing a good job.

FightinTexasAggie08
Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

What are you talking about? You came after me. I'm not derailing anything. I expressed a legitimate opinion about Trump promoting Christian issues. You jumped all over it. I merely restated your own opinions to show that he is the type of person you have stated you could support. You called me a liar and I showed you direct quotes as proof.

Now, since I've shown that I'm not a liar and didn't personally attack you at all, I will address your questions.

Well, I've seen posters refer to Palestinians (including Christians) in horrible ways, including yourself. I don't really think you have a leg to stand on here. However, his work against ISIS has saved far more Christian refugees from torture, death, and enslavement than any reduction of the ones we bring here.

Or is it that he yammers on and on about silly things like what greeting to use during the holidays?

Sure. Rejecting PC'ism and promoted a greeting that acknowledges Christ is a good thing.

Or the mocking and derision of others? Or is it covering up affairs from his 3rd wife?

So what. I've already stated he isn't a perfect Christian. Neither are you. If you are going to hold him to standards of perfection, I guess you should apply it to yourself as well.

Its his job, though, and he executes it in a way that isn't anti-Christian. We aren't bombing people. We are trying to make the world safer through big-stick diplomacy instead of funding the bad guys or starting wars. Even his limited military actions are surgical and designed to limit the time of engagement.

He is a good leader and doing a good job.

PacifistAg
AG
Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

What are you talking about? You came after me. I'm not derailing anything. I expressed a legitimate opinion about Trump promoting Christian issues. You jumped all over it. I merely restated your own opinions to show that he is the type of person you have stated you could support. You called me a liar and I showed you direct quotes as proof. - I didn't come after you. I asked you to support your position. What has he done? I know he's slashed the number of Christian refugees we take in. I do believe, since he's a professed believer, that he's damaged the witness of the church. I simply asked you what are these "pro-Christian" things he's done. That's when you got upset about me holding him to a standard.

Now, since I've shown that I'm not a liar and didn't personally attack you at all, I will address your questions. - You have shown no such thing. It's no secret that I'm not the person I used to be. Can you please provide dates of the quotes you posted?

Well, I've seen posters refer to Palestinians (including Christians) in horrible ways, including yourself. I don't really think you have a leg to stand on here. However, his work against ISIS has saved far more Christian refugees from torture, death, and enslavement than any reduction of the ones we bring here. - Wait, I have referred to Palestinians in horrible ways? Again, were these comments from years ago? Heck, I've had people call me anti-semitic because of my love of the Palestinian people.

Sure. Rejecting PC'ism and promoted a greeting that acknowledges Christ is a good thing. - Saying "Merry Christmas" vs "Happy Holidays" has nothing to do w/ the Christian faith. Happy holidays makes sense since there are numerous holidays during that season. Someone saying "happy holidays" isn't 'PC-ism' or anti-Christian.

So what. I've already stated he isn't a perfect Christian. Neither are you. If you are going to hold him to standards of perfection, I guess you should apply it to yourself as well. - I expect all Christians, myself included, to be held to the standard of Christ. That your response to mocking, derision and adultery is "so what?" is telling.

Its his job, though, and he executes it in a way that isn't anti-Christian. We aren't bombing people. We are trying to make the world safer through big-stick diplomacy instead of funding the bad guys or starting wars. Even his limited military actions are surgical and designed to limit the time of engagement. - Yes, we bomb people every day and we fund people who bomb others every day. We are funding bad guys, but simply delude ourselves into thinking that our "bad guys" are simply better than their "bad guys".

He is a good leader and doing a good job. - That's a matter of opinion. This isn't about his political performance though. He could be the greatest leader in the history of America. That doesn't matter. Where are the fruits of the Spirit? This is the R&P board, so that's the relevant question here.
Orko
AG
Eyeroll at the thread derail, but I'm fair-minded so I'll engage your curiosity. Just a thought, though, not every thread has to devolve into a "Pacifist" thread. Sometimes we can engage and discuss each other's views and opinions without having to get so upset.

Quote:

It's no secret that I'm not the person I used to be. Can you please provide dates of the quotes you posted?

I'm just using your standard. You frequently use old quotes or mischaracterize what people are saying. Good for the goose, good for the gander. Or, to borrow a phrase from you, "just because people change their name, it's just a different wrapper; and it's still the same belief, like putting a snickers bar in a mars wrapper".

Quote:

Wait, I have referred to Palestinians in horrible ways?

These people make me absolutely sick to my stomach. They are savages. They complain about living such a miserable life, but that is largely a product of their uncivilized behavior... They have yet to prove they are capable of self-governance, and until that time comes Israel should continue to crush the threats to their security. <-- You wrote this.

Quote:

Saying "Merry Christmas" vs "Happy Holidays" has nothing to do w/ the Christian faith.

Objectively false.

Quote:

I expect all Christians, myself included, to be held to the standard of Christ. That your response to mocking, derision and adultery is "so what?" is telling.

Oh, I acknowledge that it is wrong and very, very bad. I also started off by saying Trump isn't a good guy. So you pointing out that he isn't a good guy gets met with a "So what?"

Quote:

That's a matter of opinion. This isn't about his political performance though. He could be the greatest leader in the history of America. That doesn't matter. Where are the fruits of the Spirit? This is the R&P board, so that's the relevant question here.

Yeah, I gave my opinion. Constantine, not so good guy, great for advancing Christianity. Charlemagne, somewhat better, but still no saint, great for advancing Christianity. Donald Trump has the potential to be in the same vain.
PacifistAg
AG
Orko said:

Eyeroll at the thread derail, but I'm fair-minded so I'll engage your curiosity. Just a thought, though, not every thread has to devolve into a "Pacifist" thread. Sometimes we can engage and discuss each other's views and opinions without having to get so upset. - Yeah, you're the one who derailed this. I asked about Trump, which is the subject of the post. You made this about me, as usual.

Quote:

It's no secret that I'm not the person I used to be. Can you please provide dates of the quotes you posted?

I'm just using your standard. You frequently use old quotes or mischaracterize what people are saying. Good for the goose, good for the gander. Or, to borrow a phrase from you, "just because people change their name, it's just a different wrapper; and it's still the same belief, like putting a snickers bar in a mars wrapper". - But the difference is that I'm actually not the same. I've had a marked change in who I am. If anyone knew me before, they see this. I own my past. I'm repulsed by my past. I'm no longer a "snickers" bar though, and anyone who knew me before can attest to that. So, if you want to pull up past quotes, I'll own them. But to do so without dates is dishonest because there's a stark difference between who I was and who I am now. There's been a change. Where's the change in the alt-right white "advocates", aside from embracing an ideology that is even more irreconcilable with the Gospel?

Quote:

Wait, I have referred to Palestinians in horrible ways?

These people make me absolutely sick to my stomach. They are savages. They complain about living such a miserable life, but that is largely a product of their uncivilized behavior... They have yet to prove they are capable of self-governance, and until that time comes Israel should continue to crush the threats to their security. <-- You wrote this. - Yes, I wrote that YEARS ago. Since then, I've been to the West Bank. I've gotten to know the people. This is your intellectual dishonesty on display. I have never denied I used to be a vile person who would have likely loved much of Trump's vile way of thinking. I'm not that same person, so those past quotes, while great for your little game of "gotcha" aren't accurate reflections of me. Everyone here, who is honest, knows this.

Quote:

Saying "Merry Christmas" vs "Happy Holidays" has nothing to do w/ the Christian faith.

Objectively false. - Nope.

Quote:

I expect all Christians, myself included, to be held to the standard of Christ. That your response to mocking, derision and adultery is "so what?" is telling.

Oh, I acknowledge that it is wrong and very, very bad. I also started off by saying Trump isn't a good guy. So you pointing out that he isn't a good guy gets met with a "So what?" - And you are throwing a hissy fit because I am expecting Trump to live according to the standard he claims when he claims Christ. It's the standard of all Christians, and we are to judge those within the church. He claims to be in the church.

Quote:

That's a matter of opinion. This isn't about his political performance though. He could be the greatest leader in the history of America. That doesn't matter. Where are the fruits of the Spirit? This is the R&P board, so that's the relevant question here.

Yeah, I gave my opinion. Constantine, not so good guy, great for advancing Christianity. Charlemagne, somewhat better, but still no saint, great for advancing Christianity. Donald Trump has the potential to be in the same vain. - Donald Trump isn't advancing Christianity. I'd argue he's doing more to damage the witness of the church than anything. Saying "merry Christmas" isn't advancing Christianity. HTH.

Orko
AG
Quote:

Yeah, you're the one who derailed this. I asked about Trump, which is the subject of the post. You made this about me, as usual.

Quote:

But the difference is that I'm actually not the same. I've had a marked change in who I am. If anyone knew me before, they see this. I own my past. I'm repulsed by my past. I'm no longer a "snickers" bar though, and anyone who knew me before can attest to that. So, if you want to pull up past quotes, I'll own them. But to do so without dates is dishonest because there's a stark difference between who I was and who I am now. There's been a change. Where's the change in the alt-right white "advocates", aside from embracing an ideology that is even more irreconcilable with the Gospel?

That is exactly what I'm talking about right there. You want special treatment. I've never made the claim that I'm alt-right, you just projected that label onto me, along with that of "racist" and "Hitler sympathizer". I'm none of those things. However, I'm at least honest, so I'll only apply labels that fit you. For instance, and to keep this on a Presidential theme, I could bring up that you hate Lincoln and love Jefferson Davis. Or that you think slavery was bad, but should have been left up to the states. You said that a guy that rape his slaves was the most brilliant mind to ever occupy the office, and yet you are here harping on Trump.

Regardless of his role in the Confederacy, his was an interesting life. You are letting one 4 year stretch cloud your judgement.

Lincoln, and this will cause a lot of backlash, violated the basic principle this country was founded upon--consent of the governed. A person's opinion of him will usually depend on if a person believes our nation is a voluntary union of sovereign States, or a perpetual union that should be maintained even at the point of a bayonet. I'm a 'secession is a right' guy. I do not care what the Southern States reasons were.

I'm with you on this. Jefferson was the most brilliant mind to ever occupy the office.

It wasn't the President's job to stop the spread of slavery.

Slavery, as horrible as it was, was a State issue.

Quote:

Yes, I wrote that YEARS ago. Since then, I've been to the West Bank. I've gotten to know the people. This is your intellectual dishonesty on display. I have never denied I used to be a vile person who would have likely loved much of Trump's vile way of thinking. I'm not that same person, so those past quotes, while great for your little game of "gotcha" aren't accurate reflections of me. Everyone here, who is honest, knows this.

Until you cease such antics yourself and cease applying false-labels to posters, you cannot claim this is intellectually dishonest. You are merely being judged as you yourself have judged.

Quote:

And you are throwing a hissy fit because I am expecting Trump to live according to the standard he claims when he claims Christ. It's the standard of all Christians, and we are to judge those within the church. He claims to be in the church.

Hissy fit? Really, PacifistAg? In your own words, "In other words, you have no argument against my points, so you will stick your fingers in your ears and just scream."

If I, even before you started replying to me, started off by acknowledging that Trump is not a good person, but advances Christian causes, then why do you keep harping on the same point over an over? It does nothing to advance the discussion. You say you are a changed person, but this is exactly in the style of your previous wrapper. It doesn't seem like you've changed much at all.

Come on, Pacifist, lets have a genuine conversation where you don't falsely label everyone and cry foul when a conversation doesn't go your way. Lets just use this discussion forum as it is intended.
PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

That is exactly what I'm talking about right there. You want special treatment. I've never made the claim that I'm alt-right, you just projected that label onto me, along with that of "racist" and "Hitler sympathizer". I'm none of those things. However, I'm at least honest, so I'll only apply labels that fit you. For instance, and to keep this on a Presidential theme, I could bring up that you hate Lincoln and love Jefferson Davis. Or that you think slavery was bad, but should have been left up to the states. You said that a guy that rape his slaves was the most brilliant mind to ever occupy the office, and yet you are here harping on Trump.
Not special treatment at all. I've never hidden that I was much like you and your ilk are now. I've changed. Trump hasn't.

Quote:

Until you cease such antics yourself and cease applying false-labels to posters, you cannot claim this is intellectually dishonest. You are merely being judged as you yourself have judged.
Oh, the labels aren't false. They are based on yours and those other "advocates" statements that are made now. Own it. I own my angry and, tbh, racist past. I have changed though because of my relationship with Christ. My past statements are a great contrast to who I am today. I've heard it said that we struggle most with those who represent what we used to be, so that's probably why I have such a problem with you and your tribe. I've changed, thankfully, because what I believed before was incompatible with the Christian faith.
Quote:

If I, even before you started replying to me, started off by acknowledging that Trump is not a good person, but advances Christian causes, then why do you keep harping on the same point over an over? It does nothing to advance the discussion. You say you are a changed person, but this is exactly in the style of your previous wrapper. It doesn't seem like you've changed much at all.

Come on, Pacifist, lets have a genuine conversation where you don't falsely label everyone and cry foul when a conversation doesn't go your way. Lets just use this discussion forum as it is intended.
He doesn't advance Christian causes. He damages the witness of the church. Saying "merry Christmas", as though nobody said that before including Obama, isn't "advancing Christian causes. Proclaiming the name of Christ while producing rotten fruit is damaging to the witness of the church. I'm not falsely labeling anyone here, but I'd love honest and respectful discussion. That doesn't seem possible with you and your tribe, as evidenced by how you even litter a donations page with your racist and immature "prank". But if you can cease with the incessant immaturity, then great. Given your rationalizations on the MS150 thread, I doubt that's possible though.
Orko
AG
Derail, derail, derail. Stick to the OP.

FWIW, I never detected that you were a racist, although you like to sling that label around like a madman. Just that you were good with slavery being left up to the states, hated Lincoln, sympathized with the Confederacy, and practically worshiped a guy who raped his slaves. I thought that was ironic, considering you hold Trump to some standard of perfection. Its really, really weird, but that previous wrapper was pretty open about stuff. The new one hides that stuff behind a veneer of voluntarism, tolerance of degeneracy, and non-intervention all masked with Church of Nice theology. Its fine. I get those are your beliefs and I'm not trying to deny them to you, but it doesn't sound like much has changed outside of the personal pacifism.

PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

I thought that was ironic, considering you hold Trump to some standard of perfection. Its really, really weird, but that previous wrapper was pretty open about stuff. The new one hides that stuff behind a veneer of voluntarism, tolerance of degeneracy, and non-intervention all masked with Church of Nice theology. Its fine. I get those are your beliefs and I'm not trying to deny them to you, but it doesn't sound like much has changed outside of the personal pacifism.
Nothing ironic about it at all. It would only be ironic if I still held those beliefs and also held Trump to the standard that all Christians are held to. What is ironic is you saying I tolerate degeneracy while you support Donald Trump.

Of course you don't believe much has changed. That's because you choose to see me in the worst possible light since I call out your vile ideology for what it is. So that's your way of insulting. I will admit that I've not changed in that I have a hard time dealing with trolls and purposely antagonistic people. And what you call "Church of Nice theology" is actually just the teachings of Jesus Christ, made so clearly in His Sermon on the Mount. Also, what are you referring to with "non-intervention"?
Orko
AG
PacifistAg said:

Quote:

I thought that was ironic, considering you hold Trump to some standard of perfection. Its really, really weird, but that previous wrapper was pretty open about stuff. The new one hides that stuff behind a veneer of voluntarism, tolerance of degeneracy, and non-intervention all masked with Church of Nice theology. Its fine. I get those are your beliefs and I'm not trying to deny them to you, but it doesn't sound like much has changed outside of the personal pacifism.
Nothing ironic about it at all. It would only be ironic if I still held those beliefs and also held Trump to the standard that all Christians are held to. What is ironic is you saying I tolerate degeneracy while you support Donald Trump.

Of course you don't believe much has changed. That's because you choose to see me in the worst possible light since I call out your vile ideology for what it is. So that's your way of insulting. I will admit that I've not changed in that I have a hard time dealing with trolls and purposely antagonistic people. And what you call "Church of Nice theology" is actually just the teachings of Jesus Christ, made so clearly in His Sermon on the Mount.

Hahahaha! I'd definitely kick him out of any church I was an elder in. No doubt about that. He is serving a pro-Christian purpose, though. Just like Constantine did.

My "vile ideology"! OH THE HORROR!! Can you say what you think my ideology actually is?
PacifistAg
AG
Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

Quote:

Of course you don't believe much has changed. That's because you choose to see me in the worst possible light since I call out your vile ideology for what it is. So that's your way of insulting. I will admit that I've not changed in that I have a hard time dealing with trolls and purposely antagonistic people. And what you call "Church of Nice theology" is actually just the teachings of Jesus Christ, made so clearly in His Sermon on the Mount.

Hahahaha! I'd definitely kick him out of any church I was an elder in. No doubt about that. He is serving a pro-Christian purpose, though. Just like Constantine did.

My "vile ideology"! OH THE HORROR!! Can you say what you think my ideology actually is?
Ah, so you will tolerate degeneracy if they are part of your tribe and you can claim, without evidence, that they're serving a pro-Christian purpose? That's convenient. The irony of any Trump supporter criticizing others for "tolerating degeneracy". That's impressive cognitive dissonance right there.

Tolerating degeneracy if you think they're doing "good". That's the definition of "ends justify the means", and the Christian faith is no "ends justify the means" faith. Please tell me you're no elder in a church.
FightinTexasAggie08
PacifistAg said:

Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

Quote:

Ah, so you will tolerate degeneracy if they are part of your tribe and you can claim, without evidence, that they're serving a pro-Christian purpose? That's convenient. The irony of any Trump supporter criticizing others for "tolerating degeneracy". That's impressive cognitive dissonance right there.

Tolerating degeneracy if you think they're doing "good". That's the definition of "ends justify the means", and the Christian faith is no "ends justify the means" faith. Please tell me you're no elder in a church.
So will you. Look at how you treat fellow Christians vs how you treat people who don't believe.
Orko
AG
Quote:

Classic PacifistAg... and by classic, I mean GigEm01, of course. Are you even reading my posts? If he was part of my tribe (church), and I was an elder, I'd kick him out. However, as long as he is advancing pro-Christian purposes and governing America-first, then why would I oppose him. He is the President, not the Pope. I think you just want Gary Johnson. Different wrapper, same ideology. Speaking of ideology, are you going to state what you think mine is?
Orko
AG
Actually, that's a really good point.
NonReg85
AG
PacifistAg said:

Dr. Watson said:

Bryanisbest said:

Cyrus was not a believer but he certainly did a lot for those who were. Trump is another Cyrus even if not a believer.

It's funny that after two years in office Trump is lauded as some great figure for the religious. I have a feeling selling out to him is going to have massive consequences down the line. This isn't ancient Persia with a monarch and subjects without political voices.
TBH, I honestly feel that's the best thing this Trump phenomenon has resulted in. It's completely discredited the more partisan-driven ministers, such as Jeffress, Copeland, Graham and Dobson. It's had a "wheat from the chaff" effect. I wish we could have such a winnowing to those partisan ministers on the other side as well.
You're probably correct but I don't think it will have much effect at the polls. The choice was Hillary. Next time the democrats may run someone better but right now it looks like they will go more extreme.
PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

However, as long as he is advancing pro-Christian purposes and governing America-first, then why would I oppose him
Yes, I know. You tolerate degeneracy. No need to restate that. It's clear already.
Quote:

However, as long as he is advancing pro-Christian purposes
He's not.
Quote:

He is the President, not the Pope.
No, but he claims to be a Christian, and therefore is held to that standard. We don't get to lower the standard simply because he works for the state.
Quote:

I think you just want Gary Johnson. Different wrapper, same ideology.
Nope. Not at all. Why would I want Gary Johnson. I don't hold the same political views as before. I don't want anyone. I'm not concerned about the empires of this world. I'm concerned about the Kingdom of God, which is why I am concerned about Trump, or any politician claiming to be a Christian, using our faith as a political prop.
Macarthur
Orko said:

Actually, that's a really good point.
I don't think it's really good, at all.
PacifistAg
AG
NonReg85 said:

PacifistAg said:

Dr. Watson said:

Bryanisbest said:

Cyrus was not a believer but he certainly did a lot for those who were. Trump is another Cyrus even if not a believer.

It's funny that after two years in office Trump is lauded as some great figure for the religious. I have a feeling selling out to him is going to have massive consequences down the line. This isn't ancient Persia with a monarch and subjects without political voices.
TBH, I honestly feel that's the best thing this Trump phenomenon has resulted in. It's completely discredited the more partisan-driven ministers, such as Jeffress, Copeland, Graham and Dobson. It's had a "wheat from the chaff" effect. I wish we could have such a winnowing to those partisan ministers on the other side as well.
You're probably correct but I don't think it will have much effect at the polls. The choice was Hillary. Next time the democrats may run someone better but right now it looks like they will go more extreme.
It may not have an effect at the polls. I'm not a big "lesser of two evils" person though. I get the logic behind it, but to me, it's still choosing evil. I say let them go extreme. That will only serve to highlight the way of Christ even more, as the distinctions between the world and Christ will become less muddied than if we continue to sanction "lesser evil".
Macarthur
I find it nauseating how the religious right has been such a lap dog of the R party. It's been complete manipulation for the better part of two decades now. And Trump is a whole new animal.

?resize=1200%2C800

This is beyond comical. It's pathetic.
PacifistAg
AG
Heck, Jeffress even said if there were a candidate for POTUS who embodied the Sermon on the Mount, he'd run as fast as he could from that candidate. A supposed minister stating he wants someone, especially someone who claims to be a Christian, to look nothing like Jesus Christ. He should have been removed from his position at First Baptist Dallas immediately for saying that.
Martin Q. Blank
PacifistAg said:

NonReg85 said:

PacifistAg said:

Dr. Watson said:

Bryanisbest said:

It may not have an effect at the polls. I'm not a big "lesser of two evils" person though. I get the logic behind it, but to me, it's still choosing evil. I say let them go extreme. That will only serve to highlight the way of Christ even more, as the distinctions between the world and Christ will become less muddied than if we continue to sanction "lesser evil".
You think Trump is evil? Why?
Duncan Idaho
Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

NonReg85 said:

PacifistAg said:

Dr. Watson said:

Bryanisbest said:

Again. Poe's law up in hur.

Nope banging a porn star while your 3rd wife is at home with your infant is clearly the stuff of saints.
Martin Q. Blank
Duncan Idaho said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

NonReg85 said:

PacifistAg said:

Dr. Watson said:

Bryanisbest said:

Nope banging a porn star while your 3rd wife is at home with your infant is clearly the stuff of saints.
People sin. Does that make them evil?
PacifistAg
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

NonReg85 said:

PacifistAg said:

Dr. Watson said:

Bryanisbest said:

Well, he didn't do that before being president. Sure, he paid the mistress off right before the election, but to some here, that makes him brave since he didn't want to put Melania through the stress of being married to an adulterer.
FightinTexasAggie08
PacifistAg said:

Quote:

Of course you don't believe much has changed. That's because you choose to see me in the worst possible light since I call out your vile ideology for what it is. So that's your way of insulting. I will admit that I've not changed in that I have a hard time dealing with trolls and purposely antagonistic people. And what you call "Church of Nice theology" is actually just the teachings of Jesus Christ, made so clearly in His Sermon on the Mount. Also, what are you referring to with "non-intervention"?

You totally tolerate degeneracy, but for some reason only when it comes from the left. Anything remotely smacking of traditionalism or conservatism and you explode in a wrath
FightinTexasAggie08
Duncan Idaho said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

NonReg85 said:

PacifistAg said:

Dr. Watson said:

Bryanisbest said:

If we want to start marching people to the gulag for that Im all for it. I don't think President Pence will be any better for the left tho

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.