God and Donald Trump

7,513 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FightinTexasAggie08
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dr. Watson said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

This thread got wierd.

Counterpoint: this thread started weird.

What? You want non-controversial pablum about the correct vestment to wear on St Swithin's Day?
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Sapper Redux
UTExan said:

Dr. Watson said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

This thread got wierd.

What? You want non-controversial pablum about the correct vestment to wear on St Swithin's Day?

Correct answer: decorative meat helmets. Fight me.
Texaggie7nine
I give staff the benefit of the doubt, mainly because there are many of them. I can be banned for 3 days by one, and reinstated the same day by another.

I don't think they really keep up with the alt righters and all their latest incarnations. I think they became trigger happy long ago by people on the left calling people on the right racists that when they see a poster call another poster racist, and in that thread there isn't direct evidence to support it (the alt righters have learned how to word their posts to avoid direct accusation) then most moderators will just ban you if your post is reported and figure it will calm things down.

I try to convince myself that there aren't white nationalist sympathizers working there. So far I have seen no direct evidence of it. Only emotionally driven judgments I make right away when I get banned for hinting that one of the alt right posters is racist. But after I get unbanned simply by talking with a moderator, I feel they are just not that aware of what's going on and are just following the guidelines that are supposed to protect arguments on here from turning into name calling and accusatory fights.

Personally, I wouldn't even mind not banning left leaning posters who want to call anyone that supports Trump a racist. I figure let their stupidity show.
7nine
ramblin_ag02
AG
This thread got even weirder
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Texaggie7nine
Replying to Tyler calling the staff racist
7nine
ramblin_ag02
AG
On a different thread on a different board?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Texaggie7nine
He posted a thread in POL about it, and linked this thread. Then he posted on this thread about resistol and calling the staff supporters of racists.

Apparently his posts got deleted along with his ban.
7nine
ramblin_ag02
AG
Way less cool than a Texags time/space wormhole
UTExan
Dr. Watson said:

UTExan said:

Dr. Watson said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

This thread got wierd.

Correct answer: decorative meat helmets. Fight me.
That is a repulsive image.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Bryanisbest
AG
Cyrus was not a believer but he certainly did a lot for those who were. Trump is another Cyrus even if not a believer.
PacifistAg
AG
Bryanisbest said:

Cyrus was not a believer but he certainly did a lot for those who were. Trump is another Cyrus even if not a believer.
The problem is that Trump claims to be a believer. You have "ministers" out there claiming he's a believer. Once he claims it, he needs to live it regardless of what his job is. This "we didn't elect a pastor" line is hogwash. No, you didn't elect a pastor, but you did elect someone who claims to be a follower of Christ. As such, he's held to the standard that all Christians are. To claim such yet produce no fruit is damaging to the witness of the body of Christ.

Also, what are the good things that Trump is doing for Christians? The number of Christian refugees admitted to the US has plummeted under Trump. I'm just as free to follow the way of Christ today as I was under Obama.
Sapper Redux
Bryanisbest said:

It's funny that after two years in office Trump is lauded as some great figure for the religious. I have a feeling selling out to him is going to have massive consequences down the line. This isn't ancient Persia with a monarch and subjects without political voices.
PacifistAg
AG
Dr. Watson said:

Bryanisbest said:

It's funny that after two years in office Trump is lauded as some great figure for the religious. I have a feeling selling out to him is going to have massive consequences down the line. This isn't ancient Persia with a monarch and subjects without political voices.
TBH, I honestly feel that's the best thing this Trump phenomenon has resulted in. It's completely discredited the more partisan-driven ministers, such as Jeffress, Copeland, Graham and Dobson. It's had a "wheat from the chaff" effect. I wish we could have such a winnowing to those partisan ministers on the other side as well.
gordo97
AG
I remember the olden days when I would take Tyson's comments seriously
Bryanisbest
AG
PacifistAg said:

Dr. Watson said:

Bryanisbest said:

TBH, I honestly feel that's the best thing this Trump phenomenon has resulted in. It's completely discredited the more partisan-driven ministers, such as Jeffress, Copeland, Graham and Dobson. It's had a "wheat from the chaff" effect. I wish we could have such a winnowing to those partisan ministers on the other side as well.

A great phenomenon of consequences is already happening. Trump continues to bait the left and the MSM into self-destruction. See Ps 7:15-16; Ps 9:15-16. He is causing them to stew in their own juice. Kavanaugh deal is the latest example. Republicans prospects for mid terms have been reversed to their good!
PacifistAg
AG
Bryanisbest said:

PacifistAg said:

Dr. Watson said:

Bryanisbest said:

A great phenomenon of consequences is already happening. Trump continues to bait the left and the MSM into self-destruction. See Ps 7:15-16; Ps 9:15-16. He is causing them to stew in their own juice. Kavanaugh deal is the latest example.
"Bait the left" isn't a fruit of the Spirit. You had implied he's done good things for Christians. What are they? I see many ministers completely discredited by getting into bed with him. What are you referring to?

And you honestly think those verses have anything to do with Trump? Goodness.

Quote:

Republicans prospects for mid terms have been reversed to their good!
Okay, so he's doing good things for Republicans. What's that have to do with Christianity?
Sapper Redux
Bryanisbest said:

PacifistAg said:

Dr. Watson said:

Bryanisbest said:

A great phenomenon of consequences is already happening. Trump continues to bait the left and the MSM into self-destruction. See Ps 7:15-16; Ps 9:15-16. He is causing them to stew in their own juice. Kavanaugh deal is the latest example. Republicans prospects for mid terms have been reversed to their good!

Not really. You may want to look at the latest projections.
Bryanisbest
AG
Dr. Watson said:

Bryanisbest said:

PacifistAg said:

Dr. Watson said:

Bryanisbest said:

I have looked but not at the ones that predicted a Clinton victory
Sapper Redux
Bryanisbest said:

Dr. Watson said:

Bryanisbest said:

PacifistAg said:

Dr. Watson said:

Bryanisbest said:

I have looked but not at the ones that predicted a Clinton victory

Trump won because of a combined 40,000 votes across several states and lost the popular vote decisively. I wouldn't get too high on that horse. The polls were largely within the margin of the final vote.
Bryanisbest
AG
Uh, the Polls predicted a Clinton electoral college victory
Sapper Redux
Bryanisbest said:

Uh, the Polls predicted a Clinton electoral college victory

It's like you missed my post and jumped straight to a talking point.
Seriously77
Seriously77

some hope for the night
cr
Tysonb@m said:

The thing about supporting amoral people I'd they can quickly and easily turn against you since they give zero cruds about you or your faith. But hey, better than hillary! Kinda, maybe, I hope so.

So we should elect Billy Graham?
PacifistAg
AG
garc said:

Tysonb@m said:

The thing about supporting amoral people I'd they can quickly and easily turn against you since they give zero cruds about you or your faith. But hey, better than hillary! Kinda, maybe, I hope so.

Or we could put our faith ahead of winning a popularity contest and expect someone who claims to be a Christian to produce the fruits of a Christian. In that regard, there's not a dime's difference between Trump and Hillary. They both appear to use Christianity as nothing but a prop to dupe Christians into believing they are on God's side. If they claim Christ, then they don't get to produce rotten fruit simply because they hold political office.

PacifistAg
AG
garc said:

Tysonb@m said:

Or we could put our faith ahead of winning a popularity contest and expect someone who claims to be a Christian to produce the fruits of a Christian. In that regard, there's not a dime's difference between Trump and Hillary. They both appear to use Christianity as nothing but a prop to dupe Christians into believing they are on God's side. If they claim Christ, then they don't get to produce rotten fruit simply because they hold political office.

Then again, I think Billy Graham had too much integrity to be president, and voters have made it clear that they value winning over pesky things like integrity, character or fruits of the Spirit.
Bryanisbest
AG
PacifistAg said:

garc said:

Tysonb@m said:

Then again, I think Billy Graham had too much integrity to be president, and voters have made it clear that they value winning over pesky things like integrity, character or fruits of the Spirit.

Dimes difference in Hillary and Trump?" I would be a rich man with a few of those dimes.
PacifistAg
AG
Bryanisbest said:

PacifistAg said:

garc said:

Tysonb@m said:

Dimes difference in Hillary and Trump?" I would be a rich man with a few of those dimes.

Did you not read my actual comment? There's not a dime's difference between them in that they both claim to be Christian yet do not seem to bear fruit. They are the same in that they both seem to use the Christian faith as a prop to win a popularity contest.
Orko
AG
PacifistAg said:

garc said:

Tysonb@m said:

If there were a devout Christian that were capable of doing what was needed, I would support them over anybody else. If not, I'd settle for someone who is merely pro-Christian and doing good work, but not necessarily a great person themselves.

I do know people who claim to be Christian who would support an atheist as long as they were staunchly conservative over a devout Christian moderate. I can't go that far.
Remember, patriot, what they took from you. Your nation's identity, its religion, and its people are no more. Remember how we got here.
PacifistAg
AG
Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

garc said:

Tysonb@m said:

If there were a devout Christian that were capable of doing what was needed, I would support them over anybody else. If not, I'd settle for someone who is merely pro-Christian and doing good work, but not necessarily a great person themselves.

I do know people who claim to be Christian who would support an atheist as long as they were staunchly conservative over a devout Christian moderate. I can't go that far.
But Trump claims to be a Christian. He is therefore held to that standard. He doesn't seem to even care about the standard that we are called to as followers of Christ. I have a bigger issue with people who use Christ as prop to win a popularity contest. It damages the witness of the church, just as it does when Christians throw their weight behind such false religiosity.

What is needed has nothing to do with America. God doesn't care about MAGA. What is needed, as Christians, is for the church to be a witness to the Kingdom of God in this world.
Orko
AG
PacifistAg said:

Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

garc said:

Tysonb@m said:

But Trump claims to be a Christian. He is therefore held to that standard. He doesn't seem to even care about the standard that we are called to as followers of Christ. I have a bigger issue with people who use Christ as prop to win a popularity contest. It damages the witness of the church, just as it does when Christians throw their weight behind such false religiosity.

What is needed has nothing to do with America. God doesn't care about MAGA. What is needed, as Christians, is for the church to be a witness to the Kingdom of God in this world.
So. You are the poster-child for not holding Christians to any kind of standard. His actions are extremely pro-Christian and America-first, ergo, I'm happy with him as a leader. You, yourself, would rather have an atheist conservative over a Christian liberal, so why does a milquetoast Christian Trump bother you so much?
Remember, patriot, what they took from you. Your nation's identity, its religion, and its people are no more. Remember how we got here.
PacifistAg
AG
Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

garc said:

Tysonb@m said:

So. You are the poster-child for not holding Christians to any kind of standard. His actions are extremely pro-Christian and America-first, ergo, I'm happy with him as a leader. You, yourself, would rather have an atheist conservative over a Christian liberal, so why does a milquetoast Christian Trump bother you so much?
Why the personal attacks and lies? Can we finally move past all that crap? What actions are "pro-Christian"? Slashing the number of Christian refugees we take in? Or is it that he yammers on and on about silly things like what greeting to use during the holidays? Or the mocking and derision of others? Or is it covering up affairs from his 3rd wife? Also, America-first isn't a Christian philosophy.

And please don't assume what I'd rather have. I don't care who runs the government. I'm a voluntaryist so I'd prefer to tear the whole thing down. I do care about people who profess Christ for no reason other than to win a popularity contest. I do care about the witness of the church being damaged by getting into bed with people like Trump or Hillary. I do care about the Savior of the world being used as a prop for man's politics. I do care about ministers goaltending for people like Trump. We don't need Christians in bed with degenerates. We need prophets speaking truth to the sins of the state and its leaders. We need Nathans and Samuels.
Orko
AG
PacifistAg said:

Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

garc said:

Tysonb@m said:

Why the personal attacks and lies? What actions are "pro-Christian"? Slashing the number of Christian refugees we take in? Or is it that he yammers on and on about silly things like what greeting to use during the holidays? Or the mocking and derision of others? Or is it covering up affairs from his 3rd wife? Also, America-fist isn't a Christian philosophy.

And please don't assume what I'd rather have. I don't care who runs the government. I'm a voluntaryist so I'd prefer to tear the whole thing down. I do care about people who profess Christ for no reason other than to win a popularity contest. I do care about the witness of the church being damaged by getting into bed with people like Trump or Hillary. I do care about the Savior of the world being used as a prop for man's politics. I do care about ministers goaltending for people like Trump. We don't need Christians in bed with degenerates. We need prophets speaking truth to the sins of the state and its leaders. We need Nathans and Samuels.
Whoa, dude, calm down. Seriously, this is just a discussion. If you think I'm lying, please point it out. If I am, I'll issue a correction, no problem.
PacifistAg
AG
Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

garc said:

Tysonb@m said:

Why the personal attacks and lies? What actions are "pro-Christian"? Slashing the number of Christian refugees we take in? Or is it that he yammers on and on about silly things like what greeting to use during the holidays? Or the mocking and derision of others? Or is it covering up affairs from his 3rd wife? Also, America-fist isn't a Christian philosophy.

Whoa, dude, calm down. Seriously, this is just a discussion. If you think I'm lying, please point it out. If I am, I'll issue a correction, no problem.
Calm down? I asked you to stop w/ the personal crap, and then asked questions about Trump. Can you please explain what "pro-Christian" things Trump has done, outside of slashing how many Christian refugees we take in, the constant mocking and derision of others, the affairs and cover-ups of those affairs?
Orko
AG
PacifistAg said:

Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

garc said:

Tysonb@m said:

Calm down? I asked you to stop w/ the personal crap, and then asked questions about Trump. Can you please explain what "pro-Christian" things Trump has done, outside of slashing how many Christian refugees we take in, the constant mocking and derision of others, the affairs and cover-ups of those affairs?
I'd like you to point out where I was lying about you first.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.