God and Donald Trump

7,266 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FightinTexasAggie08
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One of the most controversial alliances during the past 50 years has been the alliance between evangelicals and the Trump administration. This article may point out why:

https://www.charismanews.com/politics/73363-kenneth-copeland-on-trump-s-state-dinner-it-was-like-a-really-anointed-church-service

Quote:

Once Trump realized he was in a room full of preachers, he quickly reminded them not to take too long. The pastors laughed at Trump's humor, but the dinner was no joke; Copeland says he could sense the Spirit of God in that place.

"I'm telling you, the anointing was there," he says. "It was like being in a really anointed church service. Just the flow of the Spirit of God was just all over that."
Copeland says the most significant thing about Trump's presidency is that he's doing things led by the Spirit of God.

When someone in the room asked Trump what he wanted to be remembered for, Copeland says, the president responded, "I wanted to be remembered as the president who prayed more than any other."
Of course, that's not the stereotype we see in the press. In fact, the press likes to play up everything in his past that was irreligious. But as Robert Jeffress has pointed out, Donald Trump may not be the most religious president, but he is the most pro-religion. In many ways, he's become a champion for Christian causes. Just think of the ways he's stood up for the rights of the persecuted church overseas and for religious rights and free speech here in the U.S.
Of course I realize that there are those who hector, cavil and jeer, but I thought the forum could stand some balance on Donald Trump.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Aggrad08
AG
Interesting, because if I wanted to poke fun at Trump I'd probably use the same quote
UTExan
Aggrad08 said:

Interesting, because if I wanted to poke fun at Trump I'd probably use the same quote
Which one?
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
PacifistAg
AG
Kenneth Copeland
Robert Jeffress

I'm not much for prosperity gospel preachers and people who want professed Christians who look nothing like Jesus. Those two men pimping for Trump tells me all I need to know.
Aggrad08
AG
I want to be remembered as the president who prayed more than any other.

It's an ironic lie in their face.
PacifistAg
AG
Given that Trump claims to be a Christian, this is a list of what I would expect to see from him:

Love
Joy
Peace
Patience
Kindness
Goodness
Faithfulness
Gentleness
Self-control

I'm not going to put much stock in what people like Copeland and Jeffress say, especially when I'm still waiting to see some from the above list.
Star Wars Memes Only
kurt vonnegut
AG
I think there are some obvious reasons why Trump appeals to Christians. He's already ensured a conservative SC for the next decade.

Trump was spot on when he said he could shoot someone in broad daylight in Manhattan and not lose any supporters. I think he understands why his supporters support him.
jkag89
kurt vonnegut said:

I think there are some obvious reasons why Trump appeals to Christians. He's already ensured a conservative SC for the next decade.
While I did not vote for him, could not bring myself to vote for a man I felt was unfit for the office, I have to admit I was glad he won the election because of this very reason.
Martin Q. Blank
I didn't vote for him because I didn't think he was conservative, and he didn't make up for it in how he treated others. He has proven me wrong. His demeanor and personality are still not, but his policies and actions are. I will vote for him in 2020.
Orko
AG
He is essentially, very much like Constantine, a not-very-good guy who is very pro-Christian. I can live with that and vote for that.

TRUMP 2020
Remember, patriot, what they took from you. Your nation's identity, its religion, and its people are no more. Remember how we got here.
Tysonb@m
The thing about supporting amoral people I'd they can quickly and easily turn against you since they give zero cruds about you or your faith. But hey, better than hillary! Kinda, maybe, I hope so.
Orko
AG
Are you a bustup sock?
Remember, patriot, what they took from you. Your nation's identity, its religion, and its people are no more. Remember how we got here.
Tysonb@m
Nah and you know that. I'm not an immoral degenerate adulterer that claims the mantle of bravery for lying to my wife. That's stuff only alt right degenerates support.
Orko
AG
So salty. I just thought I'd better ask every rookie poster. So, Tyson, are you a believer?
Tysonb@m
Resistol said:

So salty. I just thought I'd better ask every rookie poster. So, Tyson, are you a believer?
you know the answer to that. This placed helped me seek truth and discover Christianity for the fraud it is. Thank you texags. I couldn't have done it without the texags Christians.
Orko
AG
Tysonb@m said:

Resistol said:

you know the answer to that. This placed helped me seek truth and discover Christianity for the fraud it is. Thank you texags. I couldn't have done it without the texags Christians.

FWIW, I didn't know the answer, but I did suspect. Happy to know your position in this holy war.
Tysonb@m
Resistol said:

Tysonb@m said:

Resistol said:

FWIW, I didn't know the answer, but I did suspect. Happy to know your position in this holy war.

Sure you did micky or vander or robert Paulson. We all recognize the ambiguously gay quadro you guys represent.
Orko
AG
It's never too late to turn back to God. No one is so lost that God cannot reach them.
Tysonb@m
Resistol said:

It's never too late to turn back to God. No one is so lost that God cannot reach them.

god has never reached anyone same as every other god. No one is so lost they can't find the truth and reject silly man made deities.
Orko
AG
I hope that there is a Christian in your life, a wife or parent perhaps, who can help you find Truth and Peace.
Tysonb@m
Resistol said:

I hope that there is a Christian in your life, a wife or parent perhaps, who can help you find Truth and Peace.
I'm helping them find truth and piece. It's been amazing saving them from religion.
Orko
AG
You are turning loved ones away from Christianity!? Turn away from this evil now before it costs more than just your soul. Repent and return to God. He loves you and does not want this.
Tysonb@m
Resistol said:

You are turning loved ones away from Christianity!? Turn away from this evil now before it costs more than just your soul. Repent and return to God. He loves you and does not want this.

This is the highest calling one can have. You need to repent of the evil of supporting a wicked fake god. I'm thankful everyday nobody will spend eternity with the Christian god. My heart couldn't handle such torture.
Frok
AG
Put the bottle down bud
Orko
AG
It is I who am evil. Even my righteous deeds are as filthy garments before God. He is good, always. You are condemning yourself to an eternal separation from Him. He is just and generous. If that is what you desire, I'm sure he will grant it to you, but it is not just your soul that you are toying with, Tyson, it is the ones of those you supposedly love. Cease.
swimmerbabe11
This thread got wierd.
UTExan
swimmerbabe11 said:

This thread got wierd.

Since it was posted days ago it now seems like a delayed fuse bomb.
747Ag
AG
Resistol said:

Are you a bustup sock?
I found this amusing seeing it was directed to Tyson. You get a pass seeing that you are relatively new to the forum.
Orko
AG
Yeah, I admit that was kind of snark, but not directed at Tyson, in particular. I just saw that posted a lot on that thread that got shut down, so I thought'd be amusing to ask any "R" level poster that question. I think I touched a nerve, but I didn't mean anything by it. Just a harmless joke.

That did take an unexpected turn. I do hope he stopped posting to at least consider not trying to intentionally destroy the faith of those close to him.
Sapper Redux
swimmerbabe11 said:

This thread got wierd.

Counterpoint: this thread started weird.
PacifistAg
AG
For some reason, I saw this on twitter and thought of this thread.

PacifistAg
AG
If you want to see weird, watch Resistol argue that the US should have allied with Hitler in WW2.
Sapper Redux
PacifistAg said:

If you want to see weird, watch Resistol argue that the US should have allied with Hitler in WW2.

Oh. Oh no.
747Ag
AG
Resistol said:

Yeah, I admit that was kind of snark, but not directed at Tyson, in particular. I just saw that posted a lot on that thread that got shut down, so I thought'd be amusing to ask any "R" level poster that question. I think I touched a nerve, but I didn't mean anything by it. Just a harmless joke.

That did take an unexpected turn. I do hope he stopped posting to at least consider not trying to intentionally destroy the faith of those close to him.
Well, Tyson has been here many times under various incarnations. He's specifically poked at Bustup on a question (posed to the board by Bustup) about should a husband that was unfaithful keep it from his wife. Crazy discussion. Bustup's position is that this is a friend of his. Several here, including Tyson, believed the friend element is a ruse and the unfaithful husband is Bustup himself. As such, Tyson has prodded and poked Bustup on this quite a bit in the past. It got even weirder with Bustup looking to meet up with Tyson etc...
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.