***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

131,533 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
Lathspell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lol... laser swords powered by magic gems is believable... but I'm drawing the line at helmets that seal, but they won't show me a schematic to prove how they seal.
The Porkchop Express
AG

Mandalorians flying in space, who would have thunk it?
Aired in March 2017.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Madmarttigan
AG
TC being the ruiner of a thread and telling people to lighten up. Sigh*. You have been a ****** about this show from day one.

Here's one for ya TC, I enjoyed it more than Andor *gasp*

Also did you complain about this in GOTG when it happened multiple times?
TCTTS
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Lol... laser swords powered by magic gems is believable... but I'm drawing the line at helmets that seal, but they won't show me a schematic to prove how they seal.

I never said light sabers were "believable." I said that because they've taken the time to give them history and lore, I have a better appreciation for their existence. In other words, they feel INTENTIONAL and not like something conveniently invented because the plot needed it.

Conversely, Mandalorian-uniforms-as-space-suits not only felt like something out of left field, the "sealed off" aspect people keep mentioning contradicted itself even within the same episode (i.e. Gideon pulling Bo's helmet off with ease).

Again, subtlety has never been your strong suit, though, so I get how all of this might go over your head. That, and you whine endlessly about people being mean on this board, while constantly/hypocritically taking aim at me, so I at least understand your compulsion to keep doing so.
powerbelly
AG
Remember when Han, Chewie, and Leia walked in the "atmosphere" of an asteroid wearing the equivalent of an airline emergency air mask. Realistic.

C@LAg
for as much **** as some of you dump on the Politics board for its petty slap-fighting and ****-posting, the entertainment board all too frequently manages to come up with its own "hold my beer" moments.
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Mandalorians flying in space, who would have thunk it?
Aired in March 2017.

Again, for the umpteenth time, precedent means nothing to me. None of it changes the fact that I simply find it dumb that loose fitting jumpsuits and helmets that can be pulled off with ease can double as spacesuits.

It's just plain lazy.

It's also fun to argue about, in a way that REALLY gets under some people's skin, in the most hilarious ways.
TCTTS
AG
Madmarttigan said:

TC being the ruiner of a thread and telling people to lighten up. Sigh*. You have been a ****** about this show from day one.

Here's one for ya TC, I enjoyed it more than Andor *gasp*

Also did you complain about this in GOTG when it happened multiple times?
Madmarttigan
AG
The irony/hypocrisy of that statement coming from the person with the thinnest skin on this board is one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
powerbelly said:

Remember when Han, Chewie, and Leia walked in the "atmosphere" of an asteroid wearing the equivalent of an airline emergency air mask. Realistic.

Eh, they were in the mouth of a space snake worm thing.
C@LAg
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

how do you know it was not a space urethra....
TCTTS
AG
Madmarttigan said:

The irony/hypocrisy of that statement coming from the person with the thinnest skin on this board is one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen

tk for tu juan
A sealed off and pressurized suit probably has some buoyancy and doesn't drop like a rock in water
TCTTS
tk for tu juan
Guess it was asked earlier
https://screenrant.com/star-wars-mandalorian-helmet-seal-explained/
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
C@LAg said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

A urethra with teeth?
CondensedFogAggie
C@LAg
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

C@LAg said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

A urethra with teeth?
why not. it has to pass all those giant meteor kidney stones and break them up.
Lathspell
AG
The Mandalorian helmet creates a miniature atmosphere inside the helmet using the same technology they use to create artificial gravity, and protect everyone in a starship/space station bay. I win!

But, i guess i've never seen the schematic and scientific theory that explains this, so it is immediately ridiculous!
CondensedFogAggie

C'mon guys lets stop arguing.

Would Din Grogu want us to fight? No, hug the **** out of people like the green kid did.

C@LAg
CondensedFogAggie said:

Would Din Grogu want us to fight? No, so let's hug it out like he did, bring it in.

except in the cut scene right after this, Grogu ate him like he did the frogs back in season 1.

Din is sort for "Dinner" after all.
CondensedFogAggie
C@LAg said:

CondensedFogAggie said:

Would Din Grogu want us to fight? No, so let's hug it out like he did, bring it in.

except in the cut scene right after this, Grogu ate him like he did the frogs back in season 1.

Well you know at least the board might be a bit quieter then...
The Porkchop Express
AG
Hell, Rey jumps out into space with nothing on but her Jedi clothes in TROS. Maybe space in this galaxy is 97% oxygen.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Lathspell
AG

Hell, Rey jumps out into space with nothing on but her Jedi clothes in TROS. Maybe space in this galaxy is 97% oxygen.

Solved: Jedi Force Bubble.

Next!
CondensedFogAggie
GhostWipe15 said:

So what exactly about this episode was supposed "to make me wish I hadnt asked for more?"

WERE YOU NOT BLINDED BY OUR LORD AND SAVIOR DIN?

CondensedFogAggie

Space is fake man
Lathspell
AG
At the end of the day, Star Wars has always been the SOFTEST form of sci-fi and fantasy. Speaking as someone who has not read any EU books or watched any cartoons, I'm having a hard time thinking of any one part of Star Wars science or magic that has its rules and laws explained to us as viewers.

Hell, the Harry Potter universe has a harder magic system than Star Wars because at least we know they have to learn a bunch of latin words before they can do magic.

There is plenty to criticize about this show aside from the sci-fi or magic elements. Hell, it's a world where a jedi can force project across lightyears and can use the force to open a wormhole in space-time to hand a lightsaber to another jedi.
Saxsoon
AG
CondensedFogAggie said:

Would Din Grogu want us to fight? No, hug the **** out of people like the green kid did.

this is still the greatest moment in cinema
Saxsoon
AG
C@LAg
i see you did not read the prior page.
Saxsoon
AG
Nah, just repeating a point
jokershady
AG
Meh. I'm glad the seasons over.

Was overall a weird season…first episode wasn't too great compared to the first 2 seasons….

Dr. Pershing episode seemed to go nowhere since now Gideon is dead as well as the clones….

Overall just seemed like they didn't exactly know what to do with this season so it was all setup for season 4….kind of like the second season of bad batch was just to setup the third (and last season)….

Just bring on Andor 2 and Ashoka already
PatAg
AG
Didnt he say entering upper atmosphere, I dont think the ships were truly out in space.
Didn't Mando pull a movie where he basically had to pressurize his helmet to survive in space at some point in this series already?

Jetpack fight had some awesome visuals leading up to it that made that episode worth watching on its own.

Still...that season just left me wondering why it wasn't good, and I'm now concerned about the quality of the other upcoming shows. Still optimistic and looking forward to it all, and still looking forward to season 4 of this show. Just not being blind to reality either.
Lathspell
AG
jokershady said:

Dr. Pershing episode seemed to go nowhere since now Gideon is dead as well as the clones….
Did you see a body?

He's coming back.
jeffk
AG
Melted his body down to Snoke.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.