***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

131,198 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's okay to say your didn't know something, lol.

There's a sealing mechanism for space helmets in Star Wars and has been across multiple shows and movies for a good long while.
TCTTS
AG
How convenient.

It's not about knowing or not knowing the history. Helmets can't just seal off at the neck to keep the space out. That's... not how it works.
jeffk
AG
I have a lot of really bad news for you about Star Wars.
TCTTS
AG
I kept my mouth shut during the whole dropping bombs in zero gravity thing in TLJ.

Let me have this!
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

It's still incredibly dumb. I realize this is a fantasy franchise at heart, but having people just fly around space without any kind of compression suit, and with easily removable helmets, is lazy at best.
Sir, removable helmets and NASA for Apollo, Gemini, etc were a thing. This is a Galaxy Far, Far Away.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

I kept my mouth shut during the whole dropping bombs in zero gravity thing in TLJ.

Let me have this!
What if I told you that Lucas understood WW2 figher and bomber physics which gave us this current world?
C@LAg
TCTTS said:

How convenient.

It's not about knowing or not knowing the history. Helmets can't just seal off at the neck to keep the space out. That's... not how it works.
tk for tu juan
The constantly changing thrust vector of the jetpacks (i.e., swinging darksaber while flying) while the direction of travel didn't change was annoying me last night.
TCTTS
AG
Do you really think I'm *that* clueless?

Yes, removable helmets are a thing in real life... that attach to the rest of the suit. There's zero indication, however, that the Mandalorian helmets attach to the rest of their suits. Especially when people are so easily pulling them off all the damn time, just like Gideon did to Bo in the finale.
C@LAg
TCTTS said:

Yes, removable helmets are a thing in real life... that attach to the rest of the suit. There's zero indication, however, that the Mandalorian helmets attach to the rest of their suits. Especially when people are easily pulling them off all the damn time, just like Gideon did to Bo in the finale.
they have bladder packs all along the inside, that can be inflated as needed to create a seal.

there. i solved it for you.

:-)
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg said:

TCTTS said:

How convenient.

This will forever remain one of the dumbest things in all of Star Wars history.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TCTTS said:

How convenient.

Neither does walking around horizontally on a spaceship. Or not wearing a spacesuit when you are in a space fighter.

There is a lot of dumb in Star Wars, once you start thinking about it.

The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

It's still incredibly dumb. I realize this is a fantasy franchise at heart, but having people just fly around space without any kind of compression suit, and with easily removable helmets, is lazy at best.

Starlord does the same thing in GOTG wearing pants and a jacket.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

Yes, removable helmets are a thing in real life... that attach to the rest of the suit. There's zero indication, however, that the Mandalorian helmets attach to the rest of their suits. Especially when people are so easily pulling them off all the damn time, just like Gideon did to Bo in the finale.
You should watch TCW and Rebels then. I mean watch not just watch recaps on YouTube or reading wookiepedia.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

C@LAg said:

TCTTS said:

How convenient.

Agreed. This was dumb.
C@LAg
TCTTS said:

wait are we going to take "logic" smack talk from someone who at one time was considering a shark-attacks-campers-in-a-lake movie?

edit:

it was SteadicaTm, not TCTTS
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

TCTTS said:

Starlord does the same thing in GOTG wearing pants and a jacket.

To be fair, he's part god.
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg said:

TCTTS said:

wait are we going to take "logic" smack talk from someone who at one time was considering a shark-attacks-campers-in-a-lake movie?

I legitimately have no clue what you're talking about.
C@LAg
TCTTS said:

C@LAg said:

TCTTS said:

I legitimately have no clue what you're talking about.
weren't you considering a shark-in-lake movie a long time ago?

edit:

Oops looked it up. It was SteadicaTm, back in 2015
:
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2621339/replies/42897459

My bad.
but to be fair I did include a winky emoticon.
powerbelly
AG
TCTTS said:

How convenient.

How about lightsabers? Or lightspeed travel?

That is exactly how it works in scifi
TCTTS
AG
I can buy that stuff because they have all kinds of lore and "science" that at least attempts to explain it, in-universe. In other words, they've taken the time to make it believable. But loose-fitting jumpsuits and helmets that are taken on and off with little effort suddenly being able to withstand the harsh vacuum of space? That's just plain lazy.
Prime0882
AG
There was a shot or two with the Mandalorians flying around that zoomed in in a way that reminded me a lot of Battlestar Galactica. I wonder if that was an Easter egg for Katee Sackhoff or just a stylistic choice.
powerbelly
AG
They have shown it and explained it, just not to you. That little noise you hear is the helmet sealing. It isn't lazy to not handhold ever single thing to an audience.

TCTTS
AG
So their helmets seal to their loose fitting, unpressurized jumpsuits? And we're supposed to buy that as sufficient enough protection? Except when someone like Gideon wants to pull off Bo's helmet, which he can do with ease? I'm sorry, but there's nothing you can say that will convince me that's not lazy and convenient "tech," no matter what some cartoon showed.
powerbelly
AG
TCTTS said:

So their helmets seal to their loose fitting, unpressurized jumpsuits? And we're supposed to buy that as sufficient enough protection? Except when someone like Gideon wants to pull off Bo's helmet, which he can do with ease? I'm sorry, but there's nothing you can say that will convince me that's not lazy and convenient "tech," no matter what some cartoon showed.
Cool. Not sure why you even bother with star wars then.
Saxsoon
AG
I guess the Mandalorians BUILT THEIR SUITS IN A ****ING CAVE . . . WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS! THEY EVEN FIGURED OUT THE ICING ISSUE
oragator
I've largely given up on the larger plot lines, I just watch for Din Grogu. And his three scenes were great tonight.

I get that it's not meant to be Andor or some deeper complex storytelling which is perfectly fine, and it's largely fan service. But an hour long fight scene (including the last episode) without any plot around it really doesn't do much for me. If they want to make it action set up the stakes with deeper roots. Bo really only came as a regular in this season, we don't know the other mandalorians, and our hero doesn't seem to care much about the home world, or really Moff Gideon.
I almost miss the episodic first season. At least it was logically consistent. Seems they are headed back that way next season.
TCTTS
AG
It was one, off-handed comment, in a long-ass post, where I was partly playing up the whole "TC is going to hate this" thing people were joking about the second the episode ended.

Someone else then brought it back up today, and I've been sticking to my guns, mainly to see how bent out of shape some people will get.

I "bother" with Star Wars because when it's good, it can often be great, but also because when it's dumb, it can be fun to stir the pot.
powerbelly
AG
TCTTS said:

It was one, off-handed comment, in a long-ass post, where I was partly playing up the whole "TC is going to hate this" thing people were joking about the second the episode ended.

Someone else then brought it back up today, and I've been sticking to my guns mainly to see how bent out of shape some people will get.

I "bother" with Star Wars because when it's good, it can often be great, but also because when it's dumb, it can fun to stir the pot.

Pretty ****ty of you just to troll. I guess you arent busy enough out there in hollywood.
Lathspell
AG
powerbelly said:

TCTTS said:

Someone else then brought it back up today, and I've been sticking to my guns mainly to see how bent out of shape some people will get.

I "bother" with Star Wars because when it's good, it can often be great, but also because when it's dumb, it can fun to stir the pot.

Pretty ****ty of you just to troll. I guess you arent busy enough out there in hollywood.
Lol... you sound surprised.
TCTTS
AG
There he is! Just can't himself!
powerbelly
AG
TCTTS said:

There he is! Just can't himself!

Almost.
TCTTS
AG
powerbelly said:

TCTTS said:

Dude, lighten up. Good lord.
tk for tu juan
Bad Star Wars is still better than no Star Wars (or was that pizza)
AgTrip
Saxsoon said:

I guess the Mandalorians BUILT THEIR SUITS IN A ****ING CAVE . . . WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS! THEY EVEN FIGURED OUT THE ICING ISSUE

I see what you did there Obadiah!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.