***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

131,238 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I want a Mandalorian light cruiser Lego set so bad....
XXXVII
Great episode. They totally redeemed themselves in the cameo department with Skinny Pete Mandalorian.

DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
Red Five
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Esposito is one fantastic villain.

The Praetorian Guard ruthless.

Captain Pelleaon breathed right to life from a 31year old book. That was just beautiful to us old EU fans.

This was me when he said "Captain Pellaeon"

C@LAg
can't wait for live action Rukh!

oh wait.....

ABATTBQ11
AG
LB12Diamond said:

If she's a spy
Why

Why would she be

If she is

They better have a good reason

I could see it.

For one, she somehow survived on Nevarro. She could have very easily struck a deal with Gideon. She spies and teaches him to work beskar, and she and some of the covert live.

For two, she got out of Dodge and went back to the fleet after hearing Bo Katan's story.

For three, she may or may not be Death Watch, who made a deal with Maul in order to use him to take Mandalore.

For four, she could very easily have sold out in order to return to Mandalore and rebuild.

Then again, the survivors may be the ones who are the spies. That base didn't build itself overnight, and it's not like they wouldn't have noticed the interceptors and bombers operating out of there. They knew where the great forge was and knew the planet, yet somehow missed this giant imperial remnant right next to it? The imperials never noticed them and hunted them down?
redline248
AG
Your last point is an interesting thought.

I think all possibilities are on the table
ABATTBQ11
AG
It also explains why they attacked Bo Katan and Din. They saw them come to the planet and didn't want them leaving.

ETA I think the fact they're going to the fleet sets up a conflict there. It's also possible the armorer sees through them and knows the fleet will need a leader and intends to handle them herself if they are indeed traitors.
AliasMan02
AG
Great episode. Lots of deep cuts in there. Loved the inclusion of the Praetorian Guards.

Need to dig in a little more, but I think we ARE starting to retcons a few things. Brendol Hux being in touch with the Imperial Remnant other than what retreated to the Unknown Regions to eventually become the First Order seems a little problematic with other sources.

Gallius Rax, when he eventually led the remnant to Jakku for its final defeat, was essentially intentionally burning away the impure, weak parts of the Empire so he could build what would become the First Order from the ashes... all over the Emperor's plans. So having this many ex-Imperials with these resources five years later doesn't seem to jibe. Not to saying it couldn't, just that I don't have some good explanations.

They're not insurmountable questions, but why is Hux on the Shadow Council to rep the remnant hiding in the unknown Regions and not Grand Admiral Rae Sloane? Was she killed off by Hux? Possible.

And where was Gideon and these other remnant leaders when Rax massed the Imperial forces at the Battle of Jakku?
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

Everyone agrees that Gideon's helmet is a deliberate choice by the show runners and likely not a coincidence it looks like the armorer's, right?

I think his helmet was modeled after Maul.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How do you even know about Death Watch?
C@LAg
Brian Earl Spilner said:

he said he watched some youtube summary videos
redline248
AG
AliasMan02 said:

redline248 said:

Everyone agrees that Gideon's helmet is a deliberate choice by the show runners and likely not a coincidence it looks like the armorer's, right?

That's rather obvious. What I'm saying is they both are.
jabberwalkie09
AG
AliasMan02 said:

redline248 said:

Iirc Gar Saxon's helmet from TCW had similar horn placement as The Armorer but his were far more prominent at the time.
Azariah
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

The Star Wars universe is fascinating, they don't really do it justice very often IMO.
This is the most true thing I've seen in any Star Wars thread, ever.
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

he said he watched some youtube summary videos

At least someone is reading my posts.
Azariah
AG

2) Project Necromancer: 50 billion nerd points for making an LOTR reference in a Star Wars show.
What is the LOTR reference?
PatAg
AG
This is not dismissing any theories, but I think its pretty clear a lot of you were watching that episode through the lens of expecting her to be a spy/traitor. So you may be connecting dots that arent really there.

I do think its very possible, though, and it's very convenient that she took the ship back up at first opportunity. If she is one, the part that makes sense to me is Gideon was ok with "the way" cult existing in the gutters of the worlds. Once she made contact with Bo Katan, and it was apparent there was a drive to unite the remaining Mandalorian clans, Im thinking Gideon instructed the armor to facillitate that so they could all be gathered in one place to be finally put down. Except for some portion of her cult she could go back to leading.

The part of it that doesnt make sense, potentially, is she is very likely about to be betrayed by Gideon and also slaughtered. However, he clearly has a track record of backstabbing anyone and everyone, so that would be in keeping with his character.

I agree that Din is going helmet off at some point, and for good (aside from putting it on for combat scenes, so we dont get stuck with Boba Fett level of action )

Grogu is probably force choking or slamming Gideon at some point

I think the story has to end in a bad way for the mandalorians, otherwise where are they for the sequel trilogy?
Gideon can definitely end up dead and destroyed without it impacting the first order for the movies, though.

another good episode altogether.
PatAg
AG
Azariah said:

2) Project Necromancer: 50 billion nerd points for making an LOTR reference in a Star Wars show.
What is the LOTR reference?
There is a "Necromancer" character in the hobbit, but I think they were just ignorant of that being a common term not specific to lord of the rings
TCTTS
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

If The Armorer was a spy, wouldn't he know before Kane contacted him about the report that the two factions of Mandalorians had united?

I do admit, this would be a bit of a head scratcher. Unless The Armorer and Gideon were estranged for whatever reason, but then decided to make a deal, off screen, after that opening sequence with Gideon. Or maybe he's just been off the grid and not communicating with anyone.
twilly
AG
At the beginning of every D+ SW show they is a cavalcade of helmets shown. Good guys have a blue shine, bad red. All throughout this Mando season, the last helmet has been red. It's a Mandalorian helmet. Does that represent Gideon? The Armorer? Or somebody else? But there is at least one bad Mandalorian out there.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
The Porkchop Express
AG
PatAg said:

This is not dismissing any theories, but I think its pretty clear a lot of you were watching that episode through the lens of expecting her to be a spy/traitor. So you may be connecting dots that arent really there.

Isn't this true of every fan theory on every TV show ever?

She seems suspicious but I'm not going to be surprised if she's not a spy and for the TIE interceptors to come attack the Mandalorian fleet and have a big-ass space battle. Because it's just as likely they didn't have her be part of the ambush because she doesn't have a gun and would look dumb as hell trying to hit guys with a hammer while they're flying around on jetpacks with laser guns.

Of course the ultimate twist would be to have Bo Katan ask each of the Mandalorians in turn "are you the spy?" and they all say no, until she gets to a certain mech-driving little green friend who stares straight into the camera with an evil look on his face and keeps hitting the button that makes him "Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes."
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Prosperdick
AG
I think we'll have a Scooby Doo like reveal, we already have all the characters:

Grogu as Scooby
Skinny Pete as Shaggy
Bo-Katan as Daphne (too easy)
Din Djarin as Fred
Elia Kane as Velma (kind of a stretch I admit)

They'll get the Armorer tied up and pull off her helmet and all exclaim "Phasma's mom!?!" Then she'll say "And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling foundlings."
The Porkchop Express
AG
Prosperdick said:

I think we'll have a Scooby Doo like reveal, we already have all the characters:

Grogu as Scooby
Skinny Pete as Shaggy
Bo-Katan as Daphne (too easy)
Din Djarin as Fred

Elia Kane as Velma (kind of a stretch I admit)

They'll get the Armorer tied up and pull off her helmet and all exclaim "Phasma's mom!?!" Then she'll say "And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling foundlings."
You bring back the Third Sister from Rebels voiced by Sarah Michelle Gellar and Kanan Jarus voiced by Freddie Prinze Jr. and you've got the literal Fred and Daphne from the Scooby-Doo movies!
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Flashdiaz
AG
I found it a bit odd that Grogu wasn't trying to stop Din from being taken.... they could have thrown in a couple 'no no no no' while he was being tied up.
Hungry Ojos
ABATTBQ11 said:

Then again, the survivors may be the ones who are the spies. That base didn't build itself overnight, and it's not like they wouldn't have noticed the interceptors and bombers operating out of there. They knew where the great forge was and knew the planet, yet somehow missed this giant imperial remnant right next to it? The imperials never noticed them and hunted them down?

This is where I am. She takes the spies with her to the mother ship under the guise of them needing aid, only to capture and take over the fleet of Imperial ships that the mercenaries had acquired.
jokershady
AG
TCTTS said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

If The Armorer was a spy, wouldn't he know before Kane contacted him about the report that the two factions of Mandalorians had united?

I do admit, this would be a bit of a head scratcher. Unless The Armorer and Gideon were estranged for whatever reason, but then decided to make a deal, off screen, after that opening sequence with Gideon. Or maybe he's just been off the grid and not communicating with anyone.
thought about this this morning and i dont think that matters too much.....Gideon knew from the start that the mandalorians were going to be heading to Mandalore and he most likely got that information from the Armorer....

so all that meant was that he was going to be dealing with more mandalorians than he had expected so just got more reinforcements to handle it.....

really thinking this is in the bag now that those fans that were theorizing all the way back from the first season that the armorer was a baddie are going to look like geniouses next wednesday....
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
What if the Armorer is actually just Kathleen Kennedy?
MROD92
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Then I pray Din escapes and takes her out, Mando style
aznaggiegirl07
AG
yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

no, no, no , no
Southlake
Just catching up. Of course I enjoy it all. A hallmark of Sci- Fi literature is filling in the blanks with your imagination. Seems many on here need to be spoon fed and then they complain about the spoon.

I think when Din and Bo showed up I heard Lizzo say,it's about damn time!
PatAg
AG
Similar to our talk about x-wings, I will never get tired of seeing these giant ships and frigates just floating in low atmosphere.

The initial design of all the imperial ships were just nailed, they are very menacing
jeffk
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

The Armorer was all the friends we made along The Way.
Saxsoon
AG
PatAg said:

Similar to our talk about x-wings, I will never get tired of seeing these giant ships and frigates just floating in low atmosphere.

The initial design of all the imperial ships were just nailed, they are very menacing

The show is nailing the space ships and battles

Those shots of the fleet look lifted from a movie
CondensedFogAggie

I so wanted to see Grogu hug the **** out of the little furry robotics guy. Oh well.

Faustus
When the Mandalorians were fleeing the creature that broke up the land cruiser into the tunnels that led to the forge they were yelling to each other "This way! This way!"

I wished they had added the "the" in there, but it would have undercut the solemnity of their catechism for cheap laughs. I still chuckled.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.