***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

131,030 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CondensedFogAggie said:

I guess I'm just confused why all of a sudden the armorer is a spy.

She's been consistently seen as one of the last remaining true Mandalorians, the leader, the one who passes on the legacy, close to the last armorer left. A mentor of everyone in a way, the historian, the judge.

Suddenly a spy? Yeah that seems cheap and all of a sudden to me to be honest.

Besides, why do they even need a spy at this point to move the story along? Why has it become part of the plot? They can't move forward without one?

Haven't the Mandalorians suffered enough with their population genocided and planet glassed?

It's just a theory based on circumstantial evidence. Some of us have talked about it since Season 1.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
LB12Diamond
AG
If she's a spy
Why

Why would she be

If she is

They better have a good reason
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
LB12Diamond said:

If she's a spy
Why

Why would she be

If she is

To keep the Mandalorians from doing what they are about to do. Go back and take over a non hostile envioronment Mandalor.

I.e the Empire/New Republic/ Someone, doesn't want it back in their hands.
https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
The Porkchop Express
AG
LB12Diamond said:

If she's a spy
Why

Why would she be

If she is

As haikus go, I'd give it a B-.
DTP02
AG
One of the better episodes of the series IMO. Still some unnecessarily dumb stuff (the world's worst scouting party all walking in single file on only one heading which means they've thoroughly scouted a 1 degree perimeter, the land cruiser driving right next to the big monster they saw from a distance, etc), but a whole lot more good stuff.

The biggest kudos go to the writers for successfully untangling the "Grogurian knot". They figured a way to make Grogu more independently mobile and give him a rudimentary voice, to both good dramatic and comedic effect, and they redeemed one of the dumbest plot lines in the series with the attempted resurrection of the droid.

Simple, but creative and very effective way to address the Grogu problem. Really good stuff there.
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

The Armorer perpetuated the story that Mandalore is completely uninhabitable for apparently years and years despite not being there when it got destroyed. That's a bit sketchy on its own.

When Din wanted to go there to be redeemed she had a really, really, really long pause before agreeing he'd be redeemed. It's possible to connect that to the idea that she made a deal with Gideon to have her people stay off Mandalore so nobody found his hidden base.

You would assume that she knew Mando had visited Bo Katan in her castle. Then that castle is randomly destroyed by the Empire. If they knew she was there, why wait so long?

Him returning, having been redeemed, still possessing the Darksaber and with Bo Katan in tow and Grogu as well could be a threat to her power structure.

Taking out the pirates on Nevarro is one thing, because none of the Mandos know of their connection to the Empire.

Once on the surface of Mandalore, she leaves fairly soon before they get ambushed, taking their only ship, with no way to make contact. And the three primary Mandalorians who could dispute her taking command of the fleet - Din, Bo, and Axe Woves - are all stuck surface-side.

It means losing her right-hand man Vizsla, but his recent actions had him siding with Bo and Din, so maybe he's an acceptable loss.

They could all be related or all just there to have us thinking one thing when something else or nothing is going on. But you can at least see some tenuous threads connecting if you squint hard enough
TCTTS
AG
CondensedFogAggie said:

I guess I'm just confused why all of a sudden the armorer is a spy.

She's been consistently seen as one of the last remaining true Mandalorians, the leader, the one who passes on the legacy, close to the last armorer left. A mentor of everyone in a way, the historian, the judge.

Suddenly a spy? Yeah that seems cheap and all of a sudden to me to be honest.

Besides, why do they even need a spy at this point to move the story along? Why has it become part of the plot? They can't move forward without one?

Haven't the Mandalorians suffered enough with their population genocided and planet glassed?

I haven't liked her since day one. She's always been sketchy af. The Armorer is a cult leader who loves her little cult and the power she has over it. But now, her influence/station has been compromised due to the arrival of Bo-Katan. So she'll do anything she can to get rid of her - and the idea of a re-united Mandalore - even if that means aligning with the remnants of the Empire and sacrificing a few of her own people. That said, it's clear that she and Gideon are from the same, Maul-worshipping group of Mandalorian separatists. I haven't seen enough of The Clone Wars to know all the details, or what they were called, but I did watch a YouTube video on it a few weeks ago (at a Holiday Inn), and it's beyond apparent now. That, and Mando was her blind, loyal pawn, but now that he's pledged his allegiance to Bo, it's time for him to go. $100 says this is all revealed next episode, to Mando, and Grogu saves him at the last minute.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS
AG
Ha, you literally just laid out a convincing argument yourself as to why she could be a spy. How is what I'm saying much different? I'm just adding a motivation/reason.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

Ha, you literally just laid out a convincing argument yourself as to why she could be a spy. How is what I'm saying much different? I'm just adding a motivation/reason.
Because you don't watch the animated stuff and appear disgusted by the season, I didn't think you were invested enough in it to formulate theories.
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS said:

Because you don't watch the animated stuff and appear disgusted by the season, I didn't think you were invested enough in it to formulate theories.

You must have started glossing over some of my posts (understandably so), because I've been theorizing here and there all season. That, and I've been vocal for years now about how much I don't like The Armorer's cult and have wanted Mando to get the hell away from them. It's WHY I was so disappointed this season that he went back to them this season. But now? It seems as though my hunch about her was right all along, and that he's finally about to see the light (pledging his allegiance to Bo was the first step), so I couldn't be happier.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Don't ask me why, but I feel like Mando will be helmet off for the last episode or two, just like Bo.

Still think this happens. Helmets are coming off in the finale. Book it.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Don't ask me why, but I feel like Mando will be helmet off for the last episode or two, just like Bo.

Still think this happens. Helmets are coming off in the finale. Book it.

Dear Lord Baby Jesus please let this happen. The Armorer reveals herself as a spy, Mando finally sees that the whole thing was a cult and a sham, he ultimately removes his helmet, others do the same in solidarity, and we never have to watch dozens of characters converse behind helmets ever again.
C@LAg
TCTTS said:

and we never have to watch dozens of characters converse behind helmets ever again.
never gonna happen.

that would require Pedro to be on set more than 2 or 3 days per season....
TCTTS
AG
They can still do all the action scenes with their helmets on. But yes, Pedro will actually have to show up to work, on set, for the dialogue scenes. Still a super easy gig.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I mean, Mando got captured, I feel like he's going to not be wearing any armor next time we see him. Or the ultimate horror, see it melted down.
TCTTS
AG
CondensedFogAggie
TCTTS said:

I haven't liked her since day one. She's always been sketchy af. The Armorer is a cult leader who loves her little cult and the power she has over it. But now, her influence/station has been compromised due to the arrival of Bo-Katan. So she'll do anything she can to get rid of her - and the idea of a re-united Mandalore - even if that means aligning with the remnants of the Empire and sacrificing a few of her own people. That said, it's clear that she and Gideon are from the same, Maul-worshipping group of Mandalorian separatists. I haven't seen enough of The Clone Wars to know all the details, or what they were called, but I did watch a YouTube video on it a few weeks ago (at a Holiday Inn), and it's beyond apparent now. That, and Mando was her blind, loyal pawn, but now that he's pledged his allegiance to Bo, it's time for him to go. $100 says this is all revealed next episode, to Mando, and Grogu saves him at the last minute.

A cult leader spy of a ragtag band of bounty hunters chased underground constantly by the local police department where she wallows in sure poverty while banging out pieces of armor? Don't see much motivation there tbh.

I never once remember the armorer being possessive or showing gollum-like my precious qualities. Only banging out quality armor for Mando, the green kid, and Bo-katan.

So her recommending Bo as leader, getting people to unite, and Bo attacking Mandalore was some big huge 44d chess?

Okiee, I mean if they go that direction, it's not like I'm gonna stop watching, but will still think it's kinda dumb.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
C@LAg
https://www.sideshow.com/cdn-cgi/image/height=850,quality=90,f=auto/

Lathspell
AG
CondensedFogAggie said:

TCTTS said:

A cult leader spy of a ragtag band of bounty hunters chased underground constantly by the local police department where she wallows in sure poverty while banging out pieces of armor? Don't see much motivation there tbh.

I never once remember the armorer being possessive or showing gollum-like my precious qualities. Only banging out quality armor for Mando, the green kid, and Bo-katan.

So her recommending Bo as leader, getting people to unite, and Bo attacking Mandalore was some big huge 44d chess?

Okiee, I mean if they go that direction, it's not like I'm gonna stop watching, but will still think it's kinda dumb.
100% Agree.

I will be one of the first people posting about how sloppy the writing is, if this happens. Now, I can accept a story where she was once on a different path, and maybe the Purge is what pushed her to embrace The Way and lead this remnant of the Children of the Watch. So, maybe she knows more than she lets on and may be able to provide valuable insight, but I never once got the feeling she has ulterior motives.
C@LAg
Will be funny if "The Spies" just refers to Elia Kane and the Shadow Council monitoring and countering the actions of the Mandos.

and has nothing to do with the Armorer.
redline248
AG
Everyone agrees that Gideon's helmet is a deliberate choice by the show runners and likely not a coincidence it looks like the armorer's, right?
redline248
AG

I mean, Mando got captured, I feel like he's going to not be wearing any armor next time we see him. Or the ultimate horror, see it melted down.
Yeah, does anyone really think Gideon is going to keep him captive with his helmet on?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Episode was awesome.

I see the same complaint here every season about the plot over the course of the season being meandering. That is Filoni's style from season 1 of the Clone Wars. You can complain, but as long as he is in charge of this, it's what is going to happen.

I enjoy it, because it's almost always universe building, and he takes it to places that you could never have a Star Wars movie go to. But to each their own.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
redline248
AG
Lol
bobinator
AG
I know it's easy to say that episode was better because it was "main story" but it was also better just from a "no wasted time" standpoint. I was locked in that whole time.
TCTTS
AG
CondensedFogAggie said:

TCTTS said:

Bad people get "chased underground" all the time, forced to live in the shadows. So I don't necessarily see that as virtuous or empathetic. That said, I don't necessarily see her as outright sinister either. The fact of the matter is that she's a cult leader, plain and simple. She lives by insanely strict rules, and forces her followers to live under those same insanely strict rules. If they don't? They're excommunicated. She won't even let them take off their helmets, for cying out loud. I don't care how much is justified by tradition, that is blind, hardcore extremism, no two ways about it, and anyone who willingly perpetuates or participates in that brand of extremism isn't quite right in the head. However, just like any cult leader, she believes that what she is doing is just and right and good.

All that said… she has horns on her helmet. Gideon… has horns on *his* helmet. After last night, I would find it very hard to believe that's just a coincidence, and that they're not both remnants of the Death Watch, loyal to Darth Maul's legacy, hiding in plain sight, so to speak. So, yes, given those circumstances, the Armorer recommending Bo as a leader makes perfect sense. The Death Watch overthrew the Mandalorian government back in the day, and now a member of that very government/family is rising once more (or at least newly motivated). So what better way to kill off Bo - along with all of those like her (the non-extremist Mandalorians) - by allowing Bo to rally a number of them into a trap (a trap that, again, the Armorer conveniently managed to avoid), where they can be dealt with in one fell swoop. That doesn't at all feel like 4D chess, that's just a smart plan.
The Porkchop Express
AG
C@LAg said:

https://www.sideshow.com/cdn-cgi/image/height=850,quality=90,f=auto/

My immediate thought when I saw Grogu in the IG-12 was "What happens if someone shoots him in the face?" My same question in every Batman movie where thugs shoot at Batman's chest with automatic weapons to no avail.
maroon barchetta
Or the giant eye slits in the first Iron Man suit (which is still my favorite version of the suit).
bobinator
AG
I may have missed y'all talking about this but they were definitely eating those baby birds they caught a few eipisodes ago yes? That's what was on the rotisserie?
jabberwalkie09
AG
If The Armorer was a spy, wouldn't he know before Kane contacted him about the report that the two factions of Mandalorians had united?
jokershady
AG
YEEEEEEES!!!!! Where has this been all season!?

Definitely put me in the camp that believes The Armorer is the spy resulting in everyone removing their helmets for the last episode!!
Saxsoon
AG
It feels a little too much "all according to Keikaku" for the armorer to have set them up

But damn if it doesn't work

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.