***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

131,212 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LPHA said:

Andor, BoBF, and Kenobi?
So only 4 of the 4 Star Wars shows to come out under Kennedy's watch have had male leads. Disgusting.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Saxsoon
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

LPHA said:

Andor, BoBF, and Kenobi?
So only 4 of the 4 Star Wars shows to come out under Kennedy's watch have had male leads. Disgusting.

This wokistan BS needs to stop
Rocagnante
AG
I'm torn on the Darksaber. On one hand it's bad ass. On the other, did they make it black to force a woke agenda? I'm so confused….
The Porkchop Express
AG
Rocagnante said:

I'm torn on the Darksaber. On one hand it's bad ass. On the other, did they make it black to force a woke agenda? I'm so confused….
Is it going to demand reparations from Ahsoka's white lightsabers?
LB12Diamond
AG
Rocagnante said:

Purple wasn't an option bc Jackson took that one already.

Pink saber would have been a better option.
Claude!
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Seriously, who hates Jack Black?
I don't hate him per se, but I've never really been excited to see him in anything. I find him exhausting, similar to Robin Williams at his most coked-up.
redline248
AG
Since I opened the door for this fun making, which I will accept I'll jump in with

Just wait until the next gay character has a multicolored lightsaber
CFTXAG10
AG
Just watched the latest. I actually thought Lizzo and Jack Black were perfect. Doc too, as always. None of them felt forced, pun intended.
oragator
I am not at all a fan of paint by numbers/marketing approaches to casting and have pointed it out here before.
But I never got that vibe from this show. It's actually ok to have some folks who aren't white or male in the cast.

I am way more concerned about how the show doesn't seem to know what it wants to be, it bounces around from arcs to episodic, almost cartoonish to Andor like etc.
Faustus
LPHA said:

Andor, BoBF, and Kenobi?

Alright, but apart from Solo, Andor, BoBF, and Kenobi what have the Romans ever done for us?
AustinScubaAg
AG
oragator said:

I am way more concerned about how the show doesn't seem to know what it wants to be, it bounces around from arcs to episodic, almost cartoonish to Andor like etc.
This is a perfect description of this season. It is very disjointed and very campy.
CondensedFogAggie

LPHA said:

Andor, BoBF, and Kenobi?

Yeah but all 4 of them leads are secretly black gay men, hence the woke accusation. Use your brain dude.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Just watched a 2 minute boot leg of a scene from the next episode they showed at Celebration.

Saxsoon
AG

Just watched a 2 minute boot leg of a scene from the next episode they showed at Celebration.

In spoiler tags what did it show
The Porkchop Express
AG
I'll tell you after church and mario
jokershady
AG
Finally watched last night. That whole episode felt like a quest right out of KOTOR.

I 100% expected to see HK-47 in that bar making some remark about disposal of the meat bags….

Relatively pointless episode other than the last few minutes where we now have Bo Katan leading the mercenary group of Mandalorians who will expectedly lead them to who hired them to rescue Moff Gideon…..

It's looking more and more like this season is nothing but setting up the 4th (and assuming final) season of this show for an all out war with the Mandalorians and the uprising of the first order
The Porkchop Express
AG
Saxsoon said:

The female mole in the New Republic office communicating with Gideon telling him Bo Katan had recovered the Darksaber and united the Mandalorians, then a pissed off Gideon going in front of some sort of Imperail Remnant council (looked like all holograms, but quality sucked) saying he needed ships, troops, and Praetorians (the red guards that Snoke had in TLJ). The council is split about how to proceed - some are waiting for THRAWN to return, including Admiral? Pelleaon, straight out of the Heir to the Empire books who had a last-second cameo in Rebels, while others want to pursue the cloning route, including a different General Hux - Brendol, who is in the post-Disney acquisition books and is the father of the other General Hux from the sequels.
Saxsoon
AG

Saxsoon said:

The female mole in the New Republic office communicating with Gideon telling him Bo Katan had recovered the Darksaber and united the Mandalorians, then a pissed off Gideon going in front of some sort of Imperail Remnant council (looked like all holograms, but quality sucked) saying he needed ships, troops, and Praetorians (the red guards that Snoke had in TLJ). The council is split about how to proceed - some are waiting for THRAWN to return, including Admiral? Pelleaon, straight out of the Heir to the Empire books who had a last-second cameo in Rebels, while others want to pursue the cloning route, including a different General Hux - Brendol, who is in the post-Disney acquisition books and is the father of the other General Hux from the sequels.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Chapter 7 = 50 minutes
An L of an Ag
AG
These revelations are just begging for the Doc Brown "Great Scott!" gif, especially considering the episode that just ended.
Azariah
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Rocagnante said:

Purple wasn't an option bc Jackson took that one already.

Pink saber would have been a better option.
Rainbow Saber or GTFO
Saxsoon
AG
There is a thread up on Reddit for discussing 7 for those that saw it and hot damn
WES2006AG
AG
This thread is entering The Last of Us non-gamer thread territory.
sburg2007
WES2006AG said:

Heaven help us.
Azariah
AG
Saxsoon said:

There is a thread up on Reddit for discussing 7 for those that saw it and hot damn
No link? Weak.
option short side
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I say this with all seriousness. If I didn't read this thread I would have had no clue who she was other than someone who couldn't act if she tried. It didn't help that I knew Jack Black and Christopher Lloyd and frankly they were awful. This show is trying too hard.

Clone Wars and more Rebels had great story arcs and dialogue. I don't understand how they can't carry that to live action. It's writing.

Wasn't she the dwarf queen in rings of power?
Madmarttigan
AG
Not even close that dwarf queen I thought was actually one of the better characters
Rocagnante
AG
WES2006AG said:

They delete a bunch of posts on that thread as well?
cbr
AG
Havent read all this but fwiw, i didnt notice any 'woke bs'…and i hate that ***** There was no distracting message/casting or apparent agenda, though the jack black 'court' did remind of halloween at south beach

We're supposed to believe that a totally helpless whimsical unarmed royal court sipping mimosas can rule a planet in the sw galaxy?

It was ok entertainment, i guess but if you put any thought into it everything was really idiotic. Kind of felt more like a bad recent star trek episode than sw.

Let's leave our baby with total strangers, and lock ourselves in their train, zipping around to figure out some mindless mystery, ok wrap that up and hand over the darksaber after a lame ***** fight.

Oh yeah lets have a weird side plot of helen of troy in reverse, so a gooey squid cougar sugar momma can steal away a british crawfish face teenage prince boytoy? That goes nowhere? At least they avoided jellyfish achilles coming back with an army to wreck shop.

beagle2009
AG
cbr said:

Havent read all this but fwiw, i didnt notice any 'woke bs'…and i hate that ***** There was no distracting message/casting or apparent agenda, though the jack black 'court' did remind of halloween at south beach

We're supposed to believe that a totally helpless whimsical unarmed royal court sipping mimosas can rule a planet in the sw galaxy?

It was ok entertainment, i guess but if you put any thought into it everything was really idiotic. Kind of felt more like a bad recent star trek episode than sw.

Let's leave our baby with total strangers, and lock ourselves in their train, zipping around to figure out some mindless mystery, ok wrap that up and hand over the darksaber after a lame ***** fight.

Oh yeah lets have a weird side plot of helen of troy in reverse, so a gooey squid cougar sugar momma can steal away a british crawfish face teenage prince boytoy? That goes nowhere? At least they avoided jellyfish achilles coming back with an army to wreck shop.

Andddddd we are now officially in Last of Us Non-Gamer thread territory!
cbr
AG
beagle2009 said:

cbr said:

Andddddd we are now officially in Last of Us Non-Gamer thread territory!
Wait, i claimed 'no political issues', and that post somehow puts us in 'political issues' territory? Dont get it.
maroon barchetta

double aught
AG
Love it
The Porkchop Express
AG
Episode 7's runtime: 50 minutes, 40 seconds.
chase128
AG
How much is side questing and how much is main story?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.