***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

131,241 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
XXXVII
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TCTTS said:

XXXVII said:

Sorry the cameos are not enough to carry the bad writing and woke DEI casting of this show. This episode was just cringe all over the place.

Bad writing, yes. That said, it will forever amaze me how the people complaining about "woke" casting somehow think they're being virtuous, when all it looks like to everyone else is b*tching that your white casts are being polluted. That, and why is this certain casting considered "woke," yet Billy Dee Williams, John Boyega, Forrest Whitaker, Thandiwe Newton, etc aren't? At least be consistent.

It's just so obvious they're pushing an agenda now with the casting, and the people they choose are not good actors. They're just checking boxes for the sake of checking boxes, and it's ruining the show.
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
jeffk
AG
The agenda is "cast famous people."
TCTTS
AG
XXXVII said:

TCTTS said:

XXXVII said:

Sorry the cameos are not enough to carry the bad writing and woke DEI casting of this show. This episode was just cringe all over the place.

Bad writing, yes. That said, it will forever amaze me how the people complaining about "woke" casting somehow think they're being virtuous, when all it looks like to everyone else is b*tching that your white casts are being polluted. That, and why is this certain casting considered "woke," yet Billy Dee Williams, John Boyega, Forrest Whitaker, Thandiwe Newton, etc aren't? At least be consistent.

It's just so obvious they're pushing an agenda now with the casting, and the people they choose are not good actors. They're just checking boxes for the sake of checking boxes, and it's ruining the show.

I agree that she's not a great actor and that her casting was forced. But that's because she's a MUSICIAN, which has nothing to do with being "woke." In other words, complain that they didn't hire a professional actor, not they went "woke" and hired a black person.
TCTTS
AG
jeffk said:

The agenda is "cast famous people."

Bunch of groomers! Trying to make my kid want to be famous!
bobinator
AG
If you can't see casting Jack Black and Christopher Lloyd as pushing the woke agenda then you're willingly ignorant
jeffk
AG
I BET THAT SASSY BATTLE DROID WAS LGBTQ
bobinator
AG
Droids are all trans, obviously
The Real Napster
As soon as the subway decided not to take Starbuck and din to the mercenaries I was all "holy s***, another ***king side quest." By that point I didn't have any patience left for any bull***t then BAMMMMM!!! jack blacks stupid face.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Seriously, who hates Jack Black?
Saxsoon
AG
XXXVII said:

TCTTS said:

XXXVII said:

You can **** right off talking about Christopher Lloyd like that
Gilligan
AG
Yeah, that Jack Black episode is sooo stupid.

Whoever writes these episodes is a moron!

…but I watched it anyway. I have hope that someday they'll write a good episode.
redline248
AG
I'm a bit surprised so many cared that much about the actors. I laughed when I saw Jack Black was in the show, but then I immediately started wondering about the character. Was he really rehabilitated, was he really in love with this queen? Or was he just pretending to live an easy life as a ruler the way an imperial might enjoy? As I said before, the potential for risk to Grogu took my attention, as well.

Who was acting and how well they acted didn't matter to me as I was watching the story unfold.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Some of y'all complaining about agenda in the casting decisions, my goodness. What would it take to please you? An episode with Mike Huccabee, Ted Nugent, and DTJ rejecting blue Milk because that ****'s woke and they only drink white?
Thanks and gig'em
TCTTS
TCTTS
AG
First of all, I know Jeff, I employed him, and I can vouch for him. When it comes to reporting, he's as solid and as experienced as they come. That said, because this is always a game of telephone, who knows what gets lost or muddled along way. But if the Kennedy/Favreau thing is true, I take back (at least a good chunk of) every bad thing I've said about Favreau in this thread. If Kennedy is, in fact, the one who forced the way-to-soon Grogu reunion, especially in a completely different show, which is what caused this whole, directionless mess we're in now, that should be the last straw and she finally needs to be shown the door. Like we talked about earlier, it made sense that *someone* at Lucasfilm panicked, and forced Mando and Grogu back together, but if it was Kennedy herself, to the objection of Favreau, so many more of the terrible decisions that have been made in the Disney/Lucasfilm era make so much more sense now…

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That just pisses me off.

You're not a writer, you're not in a creative role. Know your place and let your creators cook.

Get her the hell out of there.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

First of all, I know Jeff, I once employed him, I can vouch for him. When it comes to reporting, he's as solid and as experienced as they come. That said, because this is always a game of telephone, who knows what gets lost or muddled along way. But if the Kennedy/Favreau thing is true, I take back (at least a good chunk of) every bad thing I've said about Favreau in this thread. If Kennedy is, in fact, the one who forced the way-to-soon Grogu reunion, especially in a completely different show, which is what caused this whole, directionless mess we're in now, that should be the last straw and she finally needs to be shown the door. Like we talked about earlier, it made sense that *someone* at Lucasfilm panicked, and forced Mando and Grogu back together, but if it was Kennedy herself, to the objection of Favreau, so many more of the terrible decisions that have been made in the Disney/Lucasfilm era make so much more sense now…

This would make so much sense, because I have actually been kind of shocked at some of the decisions that have been made on these shows that I was udner the impression Favreau was making.
PatAg
AG
Also, I don't really get the Jack Black hate. He actually played a character as opposed to doing all his normal Jack Black stuff. No karate movies or tongue flicks.
CondensedFogAggie
PatAg said:

Also, I don't really get the Jack Black hate. He actually played a character as opposed to doing all his normal Jack Black stuff. No karate movies or tongue flicks.

I thought Jack Black pretty much played Jack Black
Lathspell
AG
I would really like 5 examples of movies or TV shows that were actually commercially successful, widely appreciated, or improved upon after being tampered with by executives.

It truly does blow my mind how narcissistic these people are. We always get the best results when creative people, who love the source material, are free to implement their vision. Then executives get involved and it collapses. I guess they have learned they can do this, because the masses will just continue to lap up the bull*****

It's sad.
TCTTS
AG
With all the announcements that just went down at Celebration, everything Jeff said proved true. He was the first to say (a week or two ago) that there were going to be three movies announced, and then he nailed the Filoni-is-directing news as well.

Which means we can take his Kennedy news as gospel as well.

With that, it's high time she's shown the door.
jeffk
AG
Always believe Jeffs
XXXVII
I don't care about minority people being cast, it's more the overall woke air of the show which obviuosly comes from Kathleen Kennedy's influence.

Quote from an IMDB review that sums things up nicely:

"Bo Katan is Kathleen Kennedy's next Rey Skywalker. Din received the Boba treatment and is now just a sidekick in his own show. Kathleen Kennedy is at it again. Disney and Kennedy somehow managed to screw up a phenomenal show, and I don't trust Disney at all anymore with Star Wars."
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
MROD92
TCTTS said:

With all the announcements that just went down at Celebration, everything Jeff said proved true. He was the first to say (a week or two ago) that there were going to be three movies announced, and then he nailed the Filoni-is-directing news as well.

Her decision making on everything has been horrific. I really hope they can her. Just wait, maybe she'll ruin season two of Andor as well
MRod92
Ag Since 83
AG
Kathleen Kennedy has been involved in the production of some of my favorite movies of all time. To see it go this direction is just so disappointing.
WES2006AG
AG
I don't understand why people who see woke around every corner continue to engage in entertainment that will trigger them. If seeing people on screen who don't look and act exactly like you is traumatizing you should probably stick to reruns on Nick at Nite.
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

based on the not-so-thinly-veiled inspiration of Episode 8 of Poker Face, it seems Rian Johnson might agree as well
Ornithopter
AG
Kathleen Kennedy has really been terrible for Star Wars, and I'm amazed it has taken this long for her to be fired.

She's consistently put story/plot/character development behind something I can't find the word for, maybe TCTTS has one. It isn't woke, its moreso that the story outcome has been more important that the journey traveled.

"Journey before destination" is a better philosophy
hunter2012
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Kathleen Kennedy has been involved in the production of some of my favorite movies of all time. To see it go this direction is just so disappointing.
"the Force is Female" could've been called an early sign.

Frankly action and adventure stories will always appeal to men more than women just on the average inclinations and temperaments alone. I get the pursuit of additional revenue, but give the fans what they want(which is what the shows largely do).
XXXVII
DubFalls said:

Kathleen Kennedy has really been terrible for Star Wars, and I'm amazed it has taken this long for her to be fired.

She's consistently put story/plot/character development behind something I can't find the word for, maybe TCTTS has one. It isn't woke, its moreso that the story outcome has been more important that the journey traveled.

"Journey before destination" is a better philosophy

The word you're looking for is "agenda." She wants to make star wars into her own woke vision.
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
wangus12
AG
Quote:

Don't hold your breath. She isn't gone yet
redline248
AG
Is Din Djarin the only male lead in Star Wars since Disney took over?

not counting the cartoons
jeffk
AG
Was Solo pre- or post-Disney?
redline248
AG
Post, and I forgot about that one. Not many new characters, though?

Oh yeah, Andor, obviously. Which is really great.
LPHA
AG
Andor, BoBF, and Kenobi?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.