***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

131,164 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
lunchbox
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How did Teva know that R5 was with Mando? That was a fairly recent development...
redline248
AG
Maybe standing protocol to update the pilot whenever R5 changes locations?
boogieman
AG
Well handing over the dark saber was easier than I thought. Almost, anticlimatic.

LOL at Jack Black, Lizzo, and Christopher Lloyd all guest staring tonight.

Bryce Dallas Howard does good work. Always a fan of her episodes.

I can't stand the battle droid voice in live action. Just seems so out of place to me. I can live with them iin the cartoons.
C@LAg
boogieman said:

seriously?

the stunt casting in that show is D-tier.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I really hope one of the new movies they announce has BDH as the director. I love her action sequences. The Axe vs Bo fight scene was really nice. One of the funnier episodes of the series. Mando kicling the **** out of the SBDs was great. 'm an unapologetic fan of Jack Black and Chris Lloyd, the count Dooku shoutout was great. Really liked that city design, reminded me of Manaan from KOTOR. I'd love a poster of Bo Katan with the darksaber again. She and Din are getting cozier as we move forward, she was definitely squeezing on his arm after they took out the SBD. Really enjoy the honor code Din is living, finding a way to get her back the Saber. I also rather like the series shifting towards Bo's story. Probably an unpopular opinion, but it plays right into what she told Grogu, Did you think your dad was the only Mandalorian?
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Kate Beckett
AG
Grogu gonna sell out Mando one of these days for food, count on it.

Honestly though, I had to pinch myself to make sure I was awake with all the cameos since I thought I was having a fever dream. I did very much enjoy the episode!
boogieman
AG
C@LAg said:

boogieman said:

seriously?

Yeah, I'm agreeing with you. I'm LOL at SW using them. They stick out.
TCTTS
AG
boogieman said:

Well handing over the dark saber was easier than I thought. Almost, anticlimatic.

Bryce Dallas Howard does good work. Always a fan of her episodes.

I can't stand the battle droid voice in live action. Just seems so out of place to me. I can live with them iin the cartoons.

Sums up this show perfectly.

Also, these people continue to live by the dumbest, most nonsensical rules ever, to the point where it makes it harder and harder to root for them.

That said, this episode did feature a lot of cool, inventive sci-fi (the retracting water tank in the opening, the lubricant/nanobot stuff, etc), and I agree that Bryce Dallas Howard is the real deal. Her episodes always stand out, and feel like they have a little extra oomph. I just can't wait to see her do something *not* written by Favreau and Filoni.

If anything, Jack Black is the big Wednesday winner. He had Mando and Mario debut at literally the exact same time, down to the minute, midnight Pacific tonight. Pretty cool to see.
CondensedFogAggie

OK, that episode was an odd marriage of Wall-E, Zootopia, and interspecies calamari hookups. I think the show was also trying to make some bizarre political statements, but not sure what.

I guess to be honest it was fun, the way unexpectedly consuming psychedelic mushrooms can be fun, but man does this season feel pretty scattered. At this point I'm just here for the colorful Outer Rim world backgrounds, which to be fair is really well done.

At least they picked up the plot at the end there, quite conveniently. Fight scene was well done.

Anyway, I have a feeling this is gonna be one of those love it or hate it episodes. I was also glad Romeo and Juliet didn't actually french, but in retrospect, **** it, in keeping with the theme of the episode shoulda just gone for it.

Also, Bryce Dallas Howard probably has easy access to potent substances of the illegal variety.

Ag Since 83
AG
That episode was....something.

When Bo saved Mando I did think "shouldn't that qualify as claiming the darksaber" so it was good to see that actually pay off, and the fight was pretty cool.

The rest of the episode was like one of the Clone Wars arcs that I just wasn't as interested in: trading the frontier for an overly fancy city, a weird droid society, etc.

I am definitely not enjoying this season as much as the others. At the end of each episode they are moving the story in the direction I thought they would but there's a lot of superfluous stuff before that.
The Porkchop Express
AG
C@LAg said:

boogieman said:

seriously?

Star Wars Fans Upset at Star Wars Fans Being Cast in Star Wars Show. Film at 11.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I'm going to need this on a bumper sticker or a T-shirt.

redline248
AG
I was not expecting an episode of MCIS

My favorite was Grogu using the force to help Lizzo win the croquet match from Alice in Wonderland.

I probably had similar feelings as other about the Darksaber. "Well, that was easy." I suppose it's for the best, since Din has no f-cking clue how to use it.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

C@LAg said:

boogieman said:

seriously?

Star Wars Fans Upset at Star Wars Fans Being Cast in Star Wars Show. Film at 11.
Can I get cast as a stormtrooper and keep the costume?
https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
The Porkchop Express
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

C@LAg said:

boogieman said:

seriously?

Can I get cast as a stormtrooper and keep the costume?
Only if you're British royalty or Daniel Craig or Harry Styles or Ed Sheeran.
AstroAggie15
AG
The hell did I just watch
redline248
AG
AstroAggie15 said:

I assume The Mandalorian
LB12Diamond
AG
That was a fun episode. I liked it.
AMW2010
AG
Y'all people are just a strange batch…. Maybe it's just Star Wars fans in general…..

That episode was good as hell… ;-)

Y'all complain about EVERYTHING. It's Star Wars in the land of make believe. It was a really good episode. It had a story, it had action, it had surprise cameos, and it moved the story along to unite more mandalorians to help take back mandalore…
AstroAggie15
AG
redline248 said:

AstroAggie15 said:

I assume The Mandalorian

Hard to take it seriously with the lizzo cameo
BQwolf05
AG
Anyone else get RPG sidequest/starter quest vibe in that episode? Felt like one from KOTOR, with two different play styles on dialog choices with Mando and Bo.
Hungry Ojos
I don't like the unnecessary Hollywood cameos. They are distracting to me. And I think they kind of operate as a smoke screen for the weak plot. "Hey don't pay attention to the boring, non-sensical plot lines, look over here at Jack Black instead!"
The Porkchop Express
AG
AstroAggie15 said:

redline248 said:

AstroAggie15 said:

I assume The Mandalorian

Hard to take it seriously with the lizzo cameo
If it had been some other random black woman would you have liked it?
AstroAggie15
AG
If she could act? Yes
OnlyForNow
AG
I agree Lizzo over acted, poorly, her spot but who cares she did come across as a high society person who doesn't have time to deal with normal things.

Liked the fight scene with Bo and Axe.

Thought the visualization of a SBD running and melee was awesome to see!
The Porkchop Express
AG
I think the guy playing Axe did a nice subtle job of expressing he knew Bo Katan was going to mop the floor with him in the seconds between the challenge and the acceptance.
Moral High Horse
awful
twilly
AG
Did anyone else get a huge Canto Bight vibe from the first 80% of the episode? Lots of pretty shiny things but absolutely no story importance or development?

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
TCTTS
AG

I'm going to need this on a bumper sticker or a T-shirt.

Nostalgia is such a powerful thing. I'm no fan of the prequels, and am disliking this show more by the episode, yet every time there's a prequel nod my brain lights up like the DiCaprio finger-pointing meme, I think "Oh, cool!" and am instantly transported back to the early '00s.
TCTTS
AG
This is the strangest part of the entire season for me. Six episodes in and they've forced Grogu back in the mix for absolutely no story/arc/reason so far, other than for marketing purposes, presumably…

C@LAg
he has always been a MacGuffin plot-wise, and not an actual character.

TCTTS
AG
Even if that were true, he's not even a MacGuffin this season. He's been nothing to no one and has served absolutely no point other than to alert Bo that Mando was in trouble that one time.
LB12Diamond
AG
TCTTS said:

Even if that were true, he's not even a MacGuffin this season. He's been nothing to no one and has served absolutely no point other than to alert Bo that Mando was in trouble that one time.

He's everything they wanted Jar Jar to be.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I think you're all getting the wool pulled over your eyes that the show is called The Mandalorian, and that Mandalorian is Bo-Katan Kryze.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ok, Jack Black just showed up. Hell yes. All in.

Also, this city sort of feels like if EPCOT was actually built as Disney planned, except in the year 3000. I like it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.