***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

131,139 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
LB12Diamond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And they messed up by not keeping the biscuits.
redline248
AG
Was anyone else wondering, or even hoping, to see Mon Mothma? Hell, I almost would not have been surprised to see Leia, either.

As far as the political transition, there are probably enough people around that remember how the previous republic worked, and likely some heavy opposition to allowing amnesty to imperials. Reminds me of the period following the US civil war, when many confederates were allowed back in the US government. We also know, from the book Bloodline, that pro-empire groups were already at work almost immediately.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I definitely thought there might be a cameo, especially because initially it seemed like Pershing was a big celebrity. But then you got the feeling it was just Coruscanti rich people going out for the flavor of the month show, that one guy having no idea which government was in charge at the time was pretty outstanding.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Star Wars News Net has a really nice breakdown of the Mando houses if you're interested. I've copy/pasted some but not all of it. The full details are at the link below.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2023/03/editorial-the-different-mandalorian-houses-and-clans-from-the-star-wars-canon.html

House Kryze

House Kryze is a noble family that played a significant role in the events leading up to and during the Clone Wars. The most prominent member of House Kryze is Duchess Satine Kryze, who was the ruler of Mandalore during the Clone Wars.

Satine was a pacifist who opposed the use of violence and wanted to keep Mandalore neutral in the conflict between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Her views were not universally accepted on Mandalore, and she faced opposition from a group known as Death Watch, who believed in Mandalore's warrior traditions and wanted to overthrow Satine's government.

In The Mandalorian, you know House Kryze as the house of one Bo-Katan.

It was only Clan Kryze in this house until Clan Wren, Clan Eldar, and others joined the Mandalore resistance under Lady Bo-Katan Kryze's leadership. She would go on and lead Mandalore until the Night of a Thousand Tears.

Clan Wren

The leader of Clan Wren during the events of Star Wars Rebels was Ursa Wren, a skilled warrior who was also a member of the secretive faction known as Death Watch. When Ursa's daughter, Sabine, returned with the Darksaber, she convinced her family to stand against the Empire-backed Clan Saxon.

After defeating Governor Gar Saxon and triggering another civil war, Clan Wren joined Bo-Katan and other clans in their struggle to drive out Clan Saxon. In the aftermath of the conflict, Sabine became the leader of Clan Wren and worked to rebuild and unite the Mandalorian people.

Clan Rook
Clan Rook was a clan that was active during the reign of the Galactic Empire, and was initially a vassal of House Kast until after The Battle of Yavin. Like the groups listed above, they eventually joined the Mandalorian resistance against the Galactic Empire. Their armour is coloured purple, yellow, and silver, and they share the same signet as House Kast.

House Vizsla

The most prominent member of House Vizsla is Pre Vizsla, who was the leader of the Mandalorian faction known as Death Watch during the Clone Wars.

Pre Vizsla was a skilled warrior who believed in the Mandalorian traditions of honour and combat, and he sought to restore Mandalore to its former glory as a warrior society. Under his leadership, Death Watch allied themselves with the Separatists and sought to overthrow the pacifist government of Duchess Satine Kryze, who was opposed to the use of violence.

Death Watch's alliance with the Separatists was short-lived, as they soon turned against them and declared themselves sole rulers of Mandalore. Pre Vizsla was later killed by Darth Maul, who took control of Death Watch and used their resources to try to gain power in the criminal underworld.

Bo-Katan Kryze was once a member of Death Watch, but later turned against them and fought alongside the Jedi and the Rebellion. Another notable member of House Vizsla is Tarre Vizsla, who created the Darksaber long ago a unique and powerful lightsaber that has become a symbol of Mandalorian culture and is appearing prominently in The Mandalorian after showing up in The Clone Wars and Rebels.

House Vizsla used to be led by Clan Vizsla, with the two other clans being Clan Wren and Clan Saxon. As mentioned above, Clan Wren left to join the resistance against the Empire.

Clan Saxon

The leader of Clan Saxon during the events of Rebels was Gar Saxon, a ruthless and ambitious warrior who had aligned himself with the Galactic Empire. Gar Saxon was a member of the Imperial Super Commandos, a special unit of Mandalorian soldiers who served the Empire and were loyal to the Imperial Governor of Mandalore, Tiber Saxon, brother of Gar.

Gar Saxon was responsible for the destruction of the Protectors of Concord Dawn, a Mandalorian faction that had allied themselves with the Rebellion. He also led the Empire's efforts to suppress any remaining Mandalorian resistance to Imperial rule.

In Rebels, Clan Saxon's relationship with the Empire was often strained, as Gar Saxon and his followers were ambitious and wanted more power than the Empire was willing to give them. Eventually, Gar was killed by Ursa Wren. After his death, his brother Tiber became the new leader of Clan Saxon. Tiber continued to work with the Empire. However, he was eventually killed in a battle for Mandalore, and Clan Saxon's fate after the fall of the Empire is unknown.

House Kast
House Kast's only appearances were in Rebels and a book from 2020 that mentions Rook Kast and Veraslayn Kast. Worth mentioning: an interesting theory floating around is that the Armorer from The Mandalorian is actually Rook Kast, one of the former Mandalorian Super Commandos.

Rook, who was a member of the Death Watch and an avid follower of Darth Maul, participated in the Siege of Mandalore at the end of the Clone Wars. The theory mainly hinges on her costume design fer helmet includes metal spikes reminiscent of Maul's Dathomirian Zabrak horns.
The Porkchop Express
AG
LB12Diamond said:

And they messed up by not keeping the biscuits.
Maybe the whole sting was some sort of covert Imperial biscuit ring.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Really starting to feel like Paz is not onboard with accepting Mando and Bo. Maybe he's the main antagonist of the season?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Really starting to feel like Paz is not onboard with accepting Mando and Bo. Maybe he's the main antagonist of the season?
I just think he doesn't like his role in the hierarchy being challenged by newcomers and upstarts. If we date back to the beginning of Season 1, he at least acts like the BMOC, and he's from a former leading house of Mandalorians steeped in history.

Within the first 2 episodes, Din has a entire suit made of Beskar, making him basically unstoppable. Din breaks the bounty hunter rules, and the rest of the Mandos have to break cover to bail him out, meaning leaving that home behind.

When he finally sees Din again, he's got the friggin Dark Saber with him. Paz tries to take it from him and fails, then he gets kicked out the Mandalorians for Helmet Gate 2022, only to return triumphant, still with the Saber, gets redeemed, tells them that everything they've heard about Mandalore is a lie, and he's brought along an old enemy of the Clan Viszla.
CC09LawAg
Doc went and risked it for the biscuit...should've known better!
The Porkchop Express
AG
Watching the trailers again, it definitely looks like a pirates vs. Mandos fight over Nevarro coming later in the season.

There's a shot of Din in the N-1 buzzing past the pirate command ship in a planet's atmosphere.
There's a shot of a Mando using the whip cord to knock down the pirate named Vane right in front of the little aliens workshop.
There's a shot of a Mando attacking an alien on Nevarro and another of the Armorer clanging a Whipid in the back of the head.

There's the also really curious shot of a Mandalore dome (2 actually) in a green field and water all around it, and an unknown ship flying towards it; 2 of those ships are later seen chasing the N-1 through a canyon.

Are there other Mandalorians out there who have reclaimed Mandalore and started rebuilding it? Or is it a colony somewhere else, like Concordia?

And don't forget, we're getting Christopher Lloyd in here somewhere!

PatAg
AG
We need a show set almost entirely on Coruscant, but not focused on the rich high society or beauracracy.
Give me the seedy underbelly
TCTTS
AG
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Underworld
redline248
AG
PatAg said:

We need a show set almost entirely on Coruscant, but not focused on the rich high society or beauracracy.
Give me the seedy underbelly
We got that in the last season of The Clone Wars, when Ahsoka went down and got in cahoots with the Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum sisters.
PatAg
AG
Not counting that
Quad Dog
AG
Was Bo Katan's freefall maneuver the first time we've ever seen a ship in Star Wars not have artificial gravity?
redline248
AG
Quad Dog said:

Was Bo Katan's freefall maneuver the first time we've ever seen a ship in Star Wars not have artificial gravity?
BB8 went for a ride on the Falcon in TFA on Jakku
oragator
What an odd episode, it was all over the map.
What ship did the interceptors come from?
The whole "trap" plot didn't make sense…when did she sell him out? If it was before the heist, why the need to run after it looks like they will get caught? She could have ended the charade there. She didn't want to get away and it's not like she could sell innocence..
How is she gonna get the equipment if that's her plan?
And it was basically an Andor episode, which we already have a show for.
And the whole episode had essentially nothing for Grogu, even though he is the reason half the audience tunes in probably.
But even with all that, it moved the larger plot lines along a whole bunch.
Quad Dog
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

I think she may have started out that way, but I think being welcomed into the covert was a big change. You can think of her as being a born again Mandalorian and the mythosaur being a kind of spiritual awakening. And if you think about, bathing in the living waters is the equivalent of a baptism.

I thought she saw an opportunity in the covert to create herself a small army of followers. I'd expect her to start pushing for leadership and questioning the Amourer. But that's the nice thing about everyone wearing helmets, you can read whatever you want in their body language.
cbr
AG
I dont get the hate. Thought it was entertaining.

I get the logic holes - why is some noname l52 getting air time in the opera?
- from where and why are all the imps after bo katan?
Why did the idiot almost drown?

Still, not as bad as most sw logic holes and still entertaining.

Yes, grogu was just furniture. Thats ok

oragator
I had said after last week that I saw a unification coming between the factions to fight Gus Fring (just too much symbolism in them both being in the waters together), but conflict is certainly possible too.
ABATTBQ11
AG
oragator said:

What an odd episode, it was all over the map.
What ship did the interceptors come from?
The whole "trap" plot didn't make sense…when did she sell him out? If it was before the heist, why the need to run after it looks like they will get caught? She could have ended the charade there. She didn't want to get away and it's not like she could sell innocence..
How is she gonna get the equipment if that's her plan?

And it was basically an Andor episode, which we already have a show for.
And the whole episode had essentially nothing for Grogu, even though he is the reason half the audience tunes in probably.
But even with all that, it moved the larger plot lines along a whole bunch.

She was working for the amnesty program the whole time as an undercover agent and the entire point was to get him caught. She told them everything was his plan in her report so she could get him into the mind flayer. She can probably log the equipment as destroyed and take it.
oragator
I get all that, I pretty much guessed her role five minutes in…But they could have gotten caught leaving the city, on the train, injured on the jump etc. and when the authorities showed up they didn't have to run, it served no point. just a lot of plot for the sake of plot, kinda Westworld season 4 style. If they wanted to make sure he got to where he was going so they could catch him, just give her a plausible reason for actual tickets. But no plot in that.
TCTTS
AG
Like most of the story in this show, there's a cool core idea there, just executed in the dumbest, lowest-common-denominator way.
Quad Dog
AG
oragator said:

I get all that, I pretty much guessed her role five minutes in…But they could have gotten caught leaving the city, on the train, injured on the jump etc. and when the authorities showed up they didn't have to run, it served no point. just a lot of plot for the sake of plot, kinda Westworld season 4 style. If they wanted to make sure he got to where he was going so they could catch him, just give her a plausible reason for actual tickets. But no plot in that.
She knew where the ambush was supposed to be, so she needed him there with evidence of him stealing supplies in his hands.
Audacity
cbr said:

I dont get the hate. Thought it was entertaining.

I agree. Some people take things way tooseriously.
LeonardSkinner
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Anyone notice how the doc kept touching his ear throughout the episode? That seemed an odd detail. Wonder if this means something. We didn't see him hurt his ear in a past season did we?

What I thought I noticed was that there was a significant chunk of his ear missing during the speech. Later on, it looked like it had been surgically repaired, with a bit of scarring where the new section of ear filled in the gap.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

Like most of the story in this show, there's a cool core idea there, just executed in the dumbest, lowest-common-denominator way.
I thought you gave up bashing the Mandalorian for Lent?
An L of an Ag
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Anyone notice how the doc kept touching his ear throughout the episode? That seemed an odd detail. Wonder if this means something. We didn't see him hurt his ear in a past season did we?

What I thought I noticed was that there was a significant chunk of his ear missing during the speech. Later on, it looked like it had been surgically repaired, with a bit of scarring where the new section of ear filled in the gap.

Did he fight Mike Tyson sometime in between?
ABATTBQ11
AG
oragator said:

If she is playing double agent and making it look like Pershing is the mastermind to the amnesty program, she has to tell them she doesn't know where they're going, only that Pershing is going after something. That rules out getting tickets for the train because then it doesn't look like Pershing is running the show to the amnesty program. It also gives her cover to let him pick out everything he needs (amnesty probably wants to know what he's after), which she will later take, and not get picked up early. She probably can't get into the shipyards herself for the equipment without raising suspicion, and she doesn't know what to get herself. Odds are the biscuits actually came from Gideon, because who leaves food stores on a decommissioned ship? They run because she's keeping up appearances until they get caught. She doesn't want to risk Pershing getting away from the the police and her, so better to keep up the ruse until it's over.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Now I need a shot of Gideon in a foodstuffs warehouse saying, "Activate the Yellow Wafers!"
Max Power
AG
The "oh no, the bad guys you thought were gone are back" trope is one of my least favorite plot devices. It's lazy storytelling IMO, it's going backward, not forward. I also just think the Pershing character is weak IMO, it was back in season one, still is.

I do think the concept of the republic having issues akin to what we'd expect to see from the empire is interesting. Brainwashing doesn't sound like something you'd expect from that side. I'm curious if they're trying to say that it doesn't matter which side is in power, there's going to be controlling activities behind the scenes. Or, are they saying there's underlying issues because there are people in the republic that came from the empire and there's no way to eliminate that if they are integrated into the republic? I think they could go into depth on this concept without recycling characters from the past, you don't need to bring anyone back to make that compelling, it's compelling to me if done the right way.

I'm curious where they go with Bo Katan knowing there's a Mythosaur in the water beneath the mines but no one else.
oragator
After they had already stolen everything they heard the sounds and started running.
And they could have just arrested him as soon as he left the allowed area. That's what he was afraid of to start with.
If they knew where to be, they knew the basic plan. Which blows up the idea of her pretending to not know. They also could have arrested them at the same site before they stole anything. But again, then the plot doesn't move.

Just a lot that didn't have to happen that did.

But enough on that for me, I've more than made my point. This show has been good for me so far, but gonna carp too badly over one episode.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
I finally watched it last night.

First, no one is ready for the Dr. Pershing spinoff????

It is going to be ironic ( but purposeful) that the reason Dr. Pershing ends up trying to continue his Jedi body work for Palpatine ( that leads to stupid Episode 9) is because he got set up by a rebel spy.....

I do really like where I think the Bo Katan stuff is going. but just disappointed I wont see her face anymore.

https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
The Porkchop Express
AG
I thought the general idea was that the woman was a double-agent. Working for the New Republic but really working for Gideon.
Quad Dog
AG
It's a common trope in fantasy and science fiction to build the story around overcoming the evil emperor/empire, but never tell the story of figuring out how to rule after. Some books tell that story like Dune Messiah and Mistborn, but its not something we see often in movies/TV.
What the Mandalorian is trying to show is if after the American revolution the US needed to keep around all of the loyalists because they knew how the bureaucracy worked.
LB12Diamond
AG
I don't really care about seeing the details of cloning that obviously was used to bring the emperor back.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.