***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

131,266 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Didn't hate it. Didn't love it.

Very interested to see where things go with Bo Katan.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

The one time my kid gets to watch it at 2 AM (cuz it's Spring Break) and she was falling asleep halfway through. Boo, says I.

To be fair, it's pretty weird you would wake up your kid at 2 AM for a tv show, and a mid season episode at that.
Why is it weird?
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well for one cause she's gonna be falling asleep, like so. Why not just rewatch it with her in the morning?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Anyone notice how the doc kept touching his ear throughout the episode? That seemed an odd detail. Wonder if this means something. We didn't see him hurt his ear in a past season did we?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Well for one cause she's gonna be falling asleep, like so. Why not just rewatch it with her in the morning?
Because watching it right when it comes out is one of the best parts of being a Star Wars fan. And being up in the middle of the night eating M&M's with your dad watching Star Wars while the rest of the house is asleep is the kind of bonding experience that lasts a lifetime.

I don't know how you guys can stand not watching it right when it comes out. It's Star Wars!

ABATTBQ11
AG
CondensedFogAggie said:

Actually thought the doc parts were really interesting.

Like in Andor, we get to see the reigning government's policies and laws affecting its citizens everyday life. Just a different perspective and makes things relatable somehow. Even if not perfect, can sort of see the stark contrast in New Republic and Empire laws.

Also, those TIE Interceptors are slick.

This is my take. I liked the Pershing parts. It really builds him as a character, but it also shows a lot of things. For one, there were all of the aloof elites who didn't really seem to care who or what was in charge. Also interesting to see the adoption and integration of the old bureaucracy by the new government. I think it also shows how the Empire still has a lot of power despite being defeated. I'm really thinking Pershing was being groomed. After watching again, I noticed his boss said, "I wonder why they have you down here?" the first time we see him at work. I think it shows that he's not there by accident. It also gives is some detail into Kane as well as the failings of the New Republic.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Anyone notice how the doc kept touching his ear throughout the episode? That seemed an odd detail. Wonder if this means something. We didn't see him hurt his ear in a past season did we?

I think it's a stress thing or a tick.
ABATTBQ11
AG
The Convert of the title is pretty obviously Bo Katan/Pershing.

I think Bo Katan questions what she saw in the mines, but with that, all of the talk between her and Din, being abandoned by her followers, and the acceptance into the covert, I have to wonder if her direction is going to be returning to the old ways. I kind of see her giving up on her entitlement to leadership of Mandalore and focusing more on the creed and being Mandalorian. I also wonder what's going to happen between her and Paz Vizsla. That guy seems like he's itching for a fight.

I think Pershing is the opposite. He's been converted to the Empire. I think he used to see his work as this higher purpose, but now he may see the destruction of the New Republic as a higher calling.
Madmarttigan
AG
Or it's not the first time he has been reconditioned heavily and he has a nervous tick from it, but I don't expect this show to get that psychological.
C@LAg
wait, so now they are going to have Katie Sackoff's face hidden by the mask going forward?

ridiculous. you hire her for the sarcastic and glowery faces she makes.

and the boobs.
The Porkchop Express
AG
C@LAg said:

wait, so now they are going to have Katie Sackoff's face hidden by the mask going forward?

ridiculous. you hire her for the sarcastic and glowery faces she makes.

and the boobs.
I can definitely see Bo Katan talking the real history of Death Watch with her helmet off to whomever wants to listen, and that fracturing what's going on.

Scenes like this in the preview show Viszla and other Mandos absolutely on Nevarro (IG-11's statue is gone) in some sort of a fight. Whether it's Mando on Mando or Mandos vs. Empire or Mandos vs Pirates, don't know, but I'd be surprised if everyone's on the same team.

Really wondering where the hell all those TIEs came to attack Bo and Din. Was that Gideon aboard a new ship on his revenge tour after escaping?
TCTTS
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

The Convert of the title is pretty obviously Bo Katan/Pershing.

I think Bo Katan questions what she saw in the mines, but with that, all of the talk between her and Din, being abandoned by her followers, and the acceptance into the covert, I have to wonder if her direction is going to be returning to the old ways. I kind of see her giving up on her entitlement to leadership of Mandalore and focusing more on the creed and being Mandalorian. I also wonder what's going to happen between her and Paz Vizsla. That guy seems like he's itching for a fight.

I think Pershing is the opposite. He's been converted to the Empire. I think he used to see his work as this higher purpose, but now he may see the destruction of the New Republic as a higher calling.

To me, I think Bo was certainly shaken somewhat by the Mythosaur incident, but she mostly still seemed her usual self after that, still a little dubious and basically going through the motions as to not upset the clan there at the end. After all, she has no home anymore, so I took all of that as her just not wanting to rock the boat for the time being, since she has presumably no where else to go. That said, I *do* think she's evolving/not completely dismissing Mando's clan/mindset anymore, but my gut tells me that instead of fully committing to "the way," she's ultimately going to commit to something new. Because I think Mando's clan still needs to change as well. They're "right," in a sense, but also stubborn as hell, and basically, I think they're going to cause Bo to change a bit, but she's going to cause them to change a bit too, and in the end (of either the season or the series) there will be a new, hybrid "way" with all the Mandalorians united once more, just not quite as strict as Mando's clan once was.
PatAg
AG
He kept touching the inside of his ear because the New Republics idea of reconditioning involves zapping brains like they did at the end of the episode.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I think it's Mandos vs Pirates, but it could very easily be Gideon. I think the ties were definitely Gideon, but he'd need a carrier or star destroyer for all of those. Hard to believe he's got one of those when he was traipsing around in a light cruiser before.
PatAg
AG
Another episode where I really enjoyed parts of the episode, and some parts were truly awful.
I felt like just turning the tv off during that scene in the opera house, after he gives the speech. I don't really get how that sort of thing makes it to the final product. There was other stuff that was not great, but that scene in particular stood out.

Going to be interesting to see how things go down with the Mandos
ABATTBQ11
AG
I think she may have started out that way, but I think being welcomed into the covert was a big change. You can think of her as being a born again Mandalorian and the mythosaur being a kind of spiritual awakening. And if you think about, bathing in the living waters is the equivalent of a baptism.
TCTTS
AG
I honestly don't see the friction in that, though. Like Porkchop alluded to, there needs to be some conflict there, if only because it's a television show. And if she gets completely swept up in Mando's clan, there's no drama *within* the clan. That, and it would feel like the show is implying that Mando's clan's way is THE way, when I feel like it's been purposefully trying to show them as needing to change a bit as well.
Madmarttigan
AG
Seems like Viszla is likely to be the source of conflict within the clan. He doesn't seem to give a crap or be a fan of their supposed cleansing.
concac
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think it's a stress thing or a tick.
It means he's lying. He did it twice - once during his speech at the opera house and another during the questioning from the droid.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I think Paz will definitely create friction within the clan with Bo Katan there. He has always been antagonistic towards Din Djarin. Remember the first season when he brought in the beskar ingots? House Vizsla and Bo Katan also have somewhat of a history, as House Vizsla was responsible for the death of Bo Katan's sister.
tk for tu juan
What are the chances the Imperial parts are being sent to be "demolished" on Exegol?
tk for tu juan
Saxsoon said:

Second frame: That's cultural appropriation brother
C@LAg
tk for tu juan said:

What are the chances the Imperial parts are being sent to be "demolished" on Exegol?
approximately 3,720 to 1.
redline248
AG
Man, ol' Pershing is pretty stupid for a doctor. Fell for the oldest con in the book.
tk for tu juan
Can't develop street smarts in a lab
ABATTBQ11
AG
redline248 said:

Man, ol' Pershing is pretty stupid for a doctor. Fell for the oldest con in the book.

He's not used to p*ssy
ABATTBQ11
AG
Also, this makes me wonder what happened to the doctor from Andor after the war. Seems like a guy a lot of the rebels would hook up to a mind flayer and just walk away from.
C@LAg
ABATTBQ11 said:

redline248 said:

He's not used to p*ssy
pstarsy?
CondensedFogAggie
PatAg said:

He kept touching the inside of his ear because the New Republics idea of reconditioning involves zapping brains like they did at the end of the episode.

To be fair, it was supposed to be super low level, and the mon calamari said he had undergone the same thing.

I know things are gray, but not sure the showrunners would quite go as far as saying the New Republic mind zaps everyone. Will withdraw my opinion if they're actually doing it.
PatAg
AG
CondensedFogAggie said:

PatAg said:

To be fair, it was supposed to be super low level, and the mon calamari said he had undergone the same thing.

I know things are gray, but not sure the showrunners would quite go as far as saying the New Republic mind zaps everyone. Will withdraw my opinion if they're actually doing it.
He was saying the one he was about to use was a new device and at a lower level.
I could be wrong too, but that is just what I picked up on.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Oh ****, the opera house on Coruscant. I see you, Filoni. I have indeed heard the tragedy.

The thematic significance just hit me, of Pershing giving his speech on cloning at the exact same location where Palpatine once discussed with Anakin the potential ability to resurrect someone. Something Pershing is no doubt going to continue attempting - specifically, resurrecting Palpatine - thus first leading to Snoke.

I have to admit, that's pretty cool.
TCTTS
AG

redline248
AG
Well, he doesn't really have a longterm, does he? With such few episodes per season
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

Can't spell Grogu correctly = opinions worthless
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Oh ****, the opera house on Coruscant. I see you, Filoni. I have indeed heard the tragedy.

The thematic significance just hit me, of Pershing giving his speech on cloning at the exact same location where Palpatine once discussed with Anakin the potential ability to resurrect someone. Something Pershing is no doubt going to continue attempting - specifically, resurrecting Palpatine - thus first leading to Snoke.

I have to admit, that's pretty cool.
That was my exact thought process while watching last night, other than I skipped over the Snoke idea.

Other than the TIE Interceptor / TIE Bomber action, what I really liked about this episode was the return to Coruscant. I found the depiction of how the New Republic is going about business to be exactly how it would be. One does not just defeat an entrenched political system and change all aspects of its functioning overnight. The OT focuses on the rebellion, which given that it was in an all-out war against the oppressive empire, it is unlikely they would have had a transition team working up plans on how to implement the new government that they were fighting for. So you use the facilities, the people, even the processes of what already exists, only under new edicts that likely won't be followed across the board by everyone. As alluded earlier, we've seen this in real life going from Clinton to Bush, Obama to Trump.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.