***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

131,414 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't ask me why, but I feel like Mando will be helmet off for the last episode or two, just like Bo.
AliasMan02
AG
Haven't caught up on the thread yet, but that was great!

- The animation on the cyborg spider guy was incredible
- MTHOSAUR!
- Real feels from Din at seeing the waters and all his talking about the Creed.

Great episode.
TCTTS
AG
Neither one of these attempt to make sense of exactly what happens with Mando and the Mythosaur toward the end, but both point out something cool that I didn't catch, which is that the opening of episode 3.1 and the closing of episode 3.2 each feature the reciting of the Mandalorian creed being interrupted at water's edge by a giant, water-dwelling creature...

Lathspell
AG
Quad Dog said:

While we are complaining: Din was raised on a moon of Mandalore, and Bo-Katan lives on a different moon both in sight of Mandalore, but Din is the first person to perform a fact finding expedition down to the surface?
Bo Katan wasn't on a moon. She was on another planet in the same system.
Southlake
LB12Diamond said:

jeffk said:

Loved it. I also vote we spend the whole season exploring Mandalore. Mythosaur is an awesome reveal.

I didn't catch whether Bo gave the dark saber back to Din or kept it.

He kept it. I was watching for that one. But I think he might be giving it to her soon enough.
Would he take off his helmet while he gives it to her?
AMW2010
AG
TCTTS said:

These are the 3 best pages for show/movie breakdowns… add SWTheory for any star wars content…

Garrelli 5000
AG
At WDW last week and ran into Mando and Grogu.

Tour guide said she had no idea he was ther and had only appeared in CA. We assumed that was "you are so special" bluster.

Wife got a pic and we moved on. Sure enough video is making the rounds this week of his surprise appearance. Only show related because we realized the S3 premier was later that night.
Staff - take out the trash.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Southlake said:

LB12Diamond said:

jeffk said:

Loved it. I also vote we spend the whole season exploring Mandalore. Mythosaur is an awesome reveal.

I didn't catch whether Bo gave the dark saber back to Din or kept it.

He kept it. I was watching for that one. But I think he might be giving it to her soon enough.
Would he take off his helmet while he gives it to her?

I've wondered this. Where do Mando babies come from? Do they do it in their helmets? Is oral out the window, or does the other one have to be blindfolded?
Madmarttigan
AG
I too have many questions about how far this creed goes.
Malachi Constant
AG
https://reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/11msu51/the_mandalorian_season_3_episode_3_is_56_minutes/
Kate Beckett
AG
56 mins?! Oh boy
Rex Racer
AG
Nice!
The Porkchop Express
AG
Kate Beckett said:

56 mins?! Oh boy
23 minutes are Bo Katan sitting on her throne.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Watched the episode again last night with my daughter. Very underrated moment because it comes just before the Mythosaur is Bo Katan saying her father died to defender Mandalore and Mando stopping to tell her "This is the Way."
ABATTBQ11
AG
I liked that part. Pedro did a great job with it, and you could feel it in the voiceover.
ABATTBQ11
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Kate Beckett said:

56 mins?! Oh boy

I'd watch her sit on me for 23 minutes IYKWIM
MROD92
I like that Bo told Grogu you thought your daddy was the only fighting Mandolorian? Or when Mando asked how she got there and she responded your kid
MRod92
The Porkchop Express
AG
MROD92 said:

I like that Bo told Grogu you thought your daddy was the only fighting Mandolorian? Or when Mando asked how she got there and she responded your kid
Yeah, it took me a minute to realize Grogu had never seen her in action. When the Night Owls saved Din and Grogu from the Whipids, Grogu was locked in his pod. Then he stayed with the Froggintons when they went after that big ship.

Then he was with Gideon or Mando while she was fighting on Gideon's ship in the Season 2 finale.

Has Mando not been practicing with the Dark Saber? He looked worse with it fighting the Slow Mutants than he did during BOBF.
drmwvr
AG

Watched the episode again last night with my daughter. Very underrated moment because it comes just before the Mythosaur is Bo Katan saying her father died to defender Mandalore and Mando stopping to tell her "This is the Way."
I also like how he told the reluctant droid to "get out" of the space ship and then dropped it to the gound....made me laugh
Gigem314
AG
Quote:

Has Mando not been practicing with the Dark Saber? He looked worse with it fighting the Slow Mutants than he did during BOBF.
Making time to practice anything is a lot more challenging when you have a young kid to look after.

This is the way...
ABATTBQ11
AG

It's not about practice, it's about purpose. According to Sabine, there's always energy flowing through the crystal that powers it, and it kind of becomes an extension or channel of your thoughts and actions. If you're internally conflicted or unfocused, then the saber reflects all of that by becoming heavy and unwieldy because you are going in too many directions yourself. That's why Bo Katan can wield it so easily: she knows who she is and what she wants, and she is focused. Din has a much harder time because he doesn't really know what he wants and lacks purpose and focus.

I think it comes down to questioning his religious faith in The Way and the Creed. Being a Mandalorian is like being a Jedi, and that has always come in a religious context. Din's problem is that he is questioning what being a Mandalorian means and the purpose of being a Mandalorian. He knows the how, but he's struggling with the why. Before Grogu, he was just a wandering ronin. Life was simple and his purpose was to follow The Way and scrape by. Now, he's not just a warrior, but a father figure and potentially a leader to the Mandalorians. Life is complicated, and he needs to find direction and purpose and an answer to, "Who are we?"

ETA And now that I think about it, that's what this entire season will be about. It will be about the Mandalorians finding their way and figuring out who they are as a people, or more accurately it will be about Din Djarin finding his way and defining what it means to be Mandalorian. I think a large part of it will be him coming to terms with everything in his life and stepping up to take on the mantle of the Mand'alor and leading the rebuilding of Mandalorian society.
Flashdiaz
AG

Kate Beckett said:

56 mins?! Oh boy

at the end of the season they should have a scene after the credits where the camera hovers over the throne to reveal it's actually a toilet.
TCTTS
AG
That would at least make sense. Other than her just... sitting... alone... for days/weeks on a throne at the end of an empty room, doing literally nothing. It's so baffling to me. An epic bout with IBS, though? So they placed her at the end of a looooong, far off room, as to keep the stench away. I can totally buy that.
Saxsoon
AG

Kate Beckett said:

56 mins?! Oh boy

30 are credits
jeffk
AG
TCTTS said:

That would at least make sense. Other than her just... sitting... alone... for days/weeks on a throne at the end of an empty room, doing literally nothing. It's so baffling to me. An epic bout with IBS, though? So they placed her at the end of a looooong, far off room, as to keep the stench away. I can totally buy that.

It's March. You can't see the bank of TVs she's watching hoops on. 100% relatable.
TCTTS
AG
Now I want a March Madness throne with a mission-control-like bank of monitors. Especially now that we're back in it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
That was a great episode. Got Grievous vibes from the crab cyborg, Starbucks is still a fine specimen of the female of the species, and was that R5 astromech the same one that had a bad (motivator?) whatever Luke called it?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

That was a great episode. Got Grievous vibes from the crab cyborg, Starbucks is still a fine specimen of the female of the species, and was that R5 astromech the same one that had a bad (motivator?) whatever Luke called it?
You mean Skippy the Jedi Droid?

redline248
AG
Example #2,469 why the star wars comics are so stupid
Kate Beckett
AG
So how many more episodes until Grogu talks? He's getting more vocal.
TCTTS
AG
My money is on him finally saying "Din" in the season three finale.
The Porkchop Express
AG
redline248 said:

Example #2,469 why the star wars comics are so stupid
You clearly haven't read that one, it's amazing and perfect satire.
Kate Beckett
AG
Great first word.
The Porkchop Express
AG
New promo with shots of Dr. Pershing on what is probably either Coruscant or Hosnian Prime

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.