***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

130,938 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

The eyeball crab thingy is technically an cyborg, guys. Words matter.
edited
redline248
AG
You're right, that's a whole lot, and most of it seems logical. For some counter discussion, more hypotheticals.

Din was raised on Concordia during the Clone Wars, right? Maybe sometime after the Empire took over his group left, giving no reason for the Empire to bomb it as well. Or maybe, as Bo-Katan said, they left after fighting with her over control of Mandalore. Either way, I agree the armorer is pretty suspect. I think it's possible that she doesn't know truth about Mandalore, I can't see any reason why her group wouldn't just go back and try to make a living if she knew it was fine...especially after the fall of the Empire.
redline248
AG
...and for my 3rd post in a row, let's talk about Bo-Katan and Din for a minute.

He was a child at some point in the Clone Wars, maybe like 8-12 range, right? Bo-Katan was already a fighting aged adult. By the end of the Clone Wars, Din might have been late teens, and by the time Bo-Katan gets the Dark Saber from Sabine, he would have to have been reaching adulthood. How could he have never heard of her before they met?
twilly
AG
Let's also remember that Din wasn't the only mandalorian to bathe in the living waters. Bo Katan has been redeemed as well. Even if she doesn't believe it, others who might follow her will.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
The Porkchop Express
AG
Sounds like the Children of the Watch were pretty insulated. Din is incredibly naive about most things when you get right down to it. He doesn't seem to get that a lot of people are liars.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
jeffk
AG
redline248 said:

edit: happy, Jeff?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Every Living Waters reference just makes me think of this.

jeffk
AG
Yep, Din was basically homeschooled.
bluefire579
AG
That was a fun episode.

Thought the creatures at the beginning looked a bit low budget, but the cyborg (which had some real Grievous vibes imo) and the Mythosaur more than made up for it.

And just the Mythosaur in general, wow. Can't wait to see what comes of it.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Also, Bo Katan's music is my favorite on the series.

Also if you ever wanted to give the Bad Batch a go. its episode today is out of this world incredible.
Kampfers
AG
Love your theorycrafting.

I'm not entirely sold on the Armorer being the ultimate enemy this season - but I do expect her to push back and maybe act out to try and retain power after being challenged by Din and/or Bo. I think that plot point gets more or less resolved by episode 4/5. Maybe it still simmers for the rest of the season or more and she challenges them at some point when they are weakened - but I don't expect them to take the entire season to resolve the initial struggle for power.

I think there was some heavy foreshadowing in this general direction during this episode though, particularly Bo Katan's stories linking the fall of Mandalore to infighting amongst the factions.
Kampfers
AG
twilly said:

Wow! A mythosaur!

Time to write a new chapter in the annals of Mandalore. Whoever slays the beast will become the new legend.
Didn't the original Mandalore tame the mythosaur?

In b4 Grogu becomes the next Mandalore

The Porkchop Express
AG
And Bo Katan tellign Grogu she has fought alongside Jedi in the past .... let's get Ahsoka and Luke in here to fight Thrawn in 2025.
Lathspell
AG
redline248 said:

Technically the droid cyborg just tossed it. That would be like if Din decided he can't use it and just left it somewhere for her to find.

edit: happy, Jeff?

Cyborg defeated Din, and took the Saber against his will. Whether he threw it on the ground or not is irrelevant. Bo defeated Cyborg with cyborg's Darksaber. By Wizarding World Wand Lore rules, Bo Katan should have the allegiance of the Dark Saber.

However, even the soft magic of the Wizarding world is more logical than most Star Wars stuff, so I doubt that's going to be accepted.
jeffk
AG
I almost think that Din will want to give Bo the saber at some point but she'll refuse saying she has to win it, but then Din will basically explain that she technically already has.
oragator
Most star warsey episode of any of the shows of the last few years for me (and for this show that's a good thing). Even the wipes and fades were SW. really imaginative with the baddies, Grogu almost talking and had his first solo assignment. And her bathing in the waters is going to matter.
I think it's time to start to reunite the mandalore via these two. Think that might be where we're headed, uniting them for some big battle against Gus Fring and taking their planet back.
LB12Diamond
AG
Very solid episode.

Only weird thing for me were those first creatures looked like the things from the Time Machine book.

Also thought it was interesting how Bo was so much better with the Saber.
The Porkchop Express
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Also thought it was interesting how Bo was so much better with the Saber.
She owned it for a long time.
Lathspell
AG
I have to also say, that Mandalorian armor looks good on a female body...
Quad Dog
AG
Very Lord of the Rings inspired episode.
Mandalore = Moria
Cyborg = Shelob
Mythosaur = Balrog

Kept waiting for Grogu to rescue Din with the Light of Erendil.
chase128
AG
Porkchop spends more timing coming up with storylines than the show writers did haha.

Fun episode but Din getting jumped twice was presented in such a cliche and predictable fashion. I was kinda hoping he'd just slipped and fell instead when he walked in the waters, since we all knew he was gonna get attacked by some big bad monster
Madmarttigan
AG
It kinda seemed like he did just fall in with his armor. The mythosaur didn't seem aggressive towards them.
chase128
AG
The whole scene was kinda confusing. The monster wasn't aggressive but he fell really far down. Maybe the ground did give way
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, that was super confusing. I thought something clearly and aggressively pulled Mando into the water, but then when Bo got to Mando he was just laying there unconscious at the bottom? And the Mythosaur just watched Bo take Mando back to the surface and didn't do anything? Why did it drag him down there if not to eat him? Or did something else drag Mando down there and the Mythosaur scared it away? Or did Mando just slip REALLY aggressively? I know we were supposed to lose our minds at the Mythosaur, but instead I was just going, "Wait, what?" Per usual, it was a sloppy, confusing sequence where I once again felt like there was something I was missing or wasn't getting.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Grogu on his own
The heroic return of R5
Bo wielding the Darksaber
Mythosaur (Though not sure why he pulled down Din and let him go)

That episode felt like Metroid, in the best way. Good ep.
redline248
AG
Beskar is heavy, yo. He shouldn't have taken off his jet pack. Obviously he just fell like a rock.

Why he was unconscious, though?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Not sure what the full-fledged Mythosaur will look like but if we're assuming it could feel the vibrations of him breaking the surface and has something like a tentacle, it could have wrenched him down to have a look and then tossed him aside when he wasn't something to eat. Din was weakened by whatever the hell that cyborg was doing to him and blacked out from the trauma. If this Mythosaur was the same one ridden by Mandalorians in time past, maybe it recognized Bo's jet pack and didn't try to eat her.

Feels like there's probably going to be a Deux Ex Mythosaur at the end of the season when the Empire shows up, and either Bo or Din (pulling for Bo) winds up fulfilling the prophecy and riding it while holding the dark saber.
oragator
Didn't go back pages, but a Sackhoff interview on her character.

https://deadline.com/2023/03/the-mandalorian-katee-sackhoff-interview-bo-katan-darksaber-1235283183/
Coppell97
AG
I was glad IG was not resurrected. The R2 like R5 droid will do just fine.
Quad Dog
AG
Mandolarians in Beskar are Mythosaur M&Ms, but with a unbreakable candy shell
Quad Dog
AG
While we are complaining: Din was raised on a moon of Mandalore, and Bo-Katan lives on a different moon both in sight of Mandalore, but Din is the first person to perform a fact finding expedition down to the surface?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Sounds like the Watch, specifically the Armorer, very strictly told them no one goes there. It's like District 13 in Hunger Games or Old Valyria in Game of Thrones
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, not gonna lie, before this episode it never occurred to me that Grogu himself was driving that little orb of his like Mario Kart.
ABATTBQ11
AG
chase128 said:

The whole scene was kinda confusing. The monster wasn't aggressive but he fell really far down. Maybe the ground did give way

I think he had to have been pulled. Nothing sinks that fast.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Bo Katan wielding the Darksaber in live action like a BAMF is probably the third greatest thing I've ever seen on this show. Loved the contrast from her to din.

Loved the mines of Moria homage.

Katee Sackhoff is going to steal this whole season, isn't she?

Happy Boonta Eve, Spilner!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.