***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

131,289 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
Just watched it again with my family. There are 3 shows we watch altogether where everyone is genuinely excited.

1) Bluey
2) The Kids Baking Championship (props to Niel for the big win Monday)
3) The Mandalorian

After the convo a few of us have had the last few hours, watching the Armorer's protracted long pauses when Mando says he's going to Mandalore really ring like she does not want anyone going there and seeing what's left.

Bo Katan telling Mando where to go really reminded me of Katee Sackhoff herself in the role of Kara Thrace on Battlestar Galactica 2004 going back to Caprica to retrieve the Arrow of Apollo - is it a legend or something real?

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

DallasTeleAg said:

redline248 said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Beat40 said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

The funny thing, irony even, is how Bo will ridicule the rigidity of Mando's Way, yet is also rigid in her belief of the need to claim the Darksaber.

You are completely missing the point.

It is not Bo-Katan who is rigid in that belief, it is the rigidity of the rest of the Mandalorians in that belief that would cause them to follow her. Her whole goal is to lead the Mandalorians. If she does not gain possession of the dark saber through defeating the previous owner, then the Mandalorians will not follow her.

That is a pretty big distinction.

It was interesting how Bo seemingly mocked this idea now (that they'd blindly follow whoever had the dark saber). I got the distinct impression she's become completely disillusioned by tradition. Which could make for some nice dramatic irony, if right when she finally sees through it - at how dumb a tradition like that is - she finally comes in possession of the saber. Almost as if she had to get to that point mentally to be "worthy" of it.
She definitley looked like she was being petulant and sulking, from the way she was lounging on the throne to how she was talking. Great scene
redline248
AG
I had the feeling like the armorer wasn't sure how to react to Mando finding the artifact. As if she was struggling with what to say or do, maybe contemplating a possible return to the planet...and just decided to leave him to it. "This is the way."
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Dang it, that means Grugu or Mando is one of the final five, even though they had no intention of writing it that way to begin with
https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
ABATTBQ11
AG
Liked it, but left wanting a lot more. Hard to believe the season is only 8 episodes.

Also, why did he decide to join Bo Katan? Is he not looking for the part, or is he joining her because of the threat of the pirates?

Also, I see this playing out as the pirates taking over Nevarro and Din rallying Mandalorians with the dark saber to retake it. Then he goes to Mandalore with a united group of Mandalorians or he gives up on it altogether and starts a new Mandalore on Nevarro
The Porkchop Express
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

Dang it, that means Grugu or Mando is one of the final five, even though they had no intention of writing it that way to begin with
Don't you blasphemy BSG!
jokershady
AG
Pretty meh so far. Definitely the weakest first episode to start a season.

By no means not giving up on the show….but just didn't excite me much overall
TCTTS
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Liked it, but left wanting a lot more. Hard to believe the season is only 8 episodes.

Also, why did he decide to join Bo Katan? Is he not looking for the part, or is he joining her because of the threat of the pirates?

Also, I see this playing out as the pirates taking over Nevarro and Din rallying Mandalorians with the dark saber to retake it. Then he goes to Mandalore with a united group of Mandalorians or he gives up on it altogether and starts a new Mandalore on Nevarro

Apparently the Jude Law Star Wars series set for later this year, with the kid cast, has something to do with pirates, and I saw speculation that we might see them again in that? Either way, I didn't get the impression that they're going to be multiple-episode villains here - rather just this week's obstacle - but who knows.
redline248
AG
Now that you mention that, the way they named that pirate captain a million times, then went out of the way to actually introduce him...that's the very sort of thing they do for a spinoff character
TCTTS
AG
I absolutely got "cliched, paper-thin villain in a kids show" vibes from that guy, both in how he looked and acted. But again, it's pure speculation at this point.
Madmarttigan
AG
It was fun for me still.

If the pirate captain becomes more of a thing my opinions would change drastically. Surely that is not how we are wasting our limited Mando time.
Formerly tv1113
Mathguy64
AG
When I heard "pirates" I was expecting Hondo. That would have been a neat Easter egg to go with the Purgils. I thought they missed a chance to make something of that.
AliasMan02
AG
Purrgils! Yes!

Definitely a reboot episode to catch everyone up and set storylines into motion, but lots of good stuff in there. Can't wait for next week!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Looks like Mando+Grogu were finally added as characters in Disney World today.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
Welp, sorry guys. It was fun while it lasted, but The Mandalorian has been cancelled. Despite one of the most diverse casts on television, it turns out the show's actually super racist. You thought the KKK was bad? Yeah, they've got nothing on Favreau and Filoni. Time to delete the thread, reflect on the damage this is causing fictional aliens throughout a make-believe galaxy, and hang our heads in shame.

Seriously, though, wouldn't it be speciesism and not racism?

Either way, imagine being this far gone…

TCTTS
AG
jeffk
AG
Watching Andor
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Looks like Mando+Grogu were finally added as characters in Disney World today.

You look good in that tank top, bro!
jokershady
AG
TCTTS said:

Welp, sorry guys. It was fun while it lasted, but The Mandalorian has been cancelled. Despite one of the most diverse casts on television, it turns out the show's actually super racist. You thought the KKK was bad? Yeah, they've got nothing on Favreau and Filoni. Time to delete the thread, reflect on the damage this is causing fictional aliens throughout a make-believe galaxy, and hang our heads in shame.

BowSowy
AG
TCTTS said:

Man, why add more eyeballs to this idiot?
TCTTS
AG
Because it's hilarious and for once something we can all laugh at?
Vince Blake
TCTTS said:

Not gonna lie, ****y Katee Sackhoff kinda does it for me. Anyway, this is the same look my wife makes after spending Saturday morning at Trader Joes and Target and she found everything she was looking for.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TCTTS said:

Because it's hilarious and for once something we can all laugh at?

People taking TV and movies seriously used to be a funny gag in movies like The Three Amigos.

Now it's just reality.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Vince Blake said:

TCTTS said:

Not gonna lie, ****y Katee Sackhoff kinda does it for me. Anyway, this is the same look my wife makes after spending Saturday morning at Trader Joes and Target and she found everything she was looking for.
Katee Sackhoff's been doing it for me for almost 20 years. BSG 2004 had a Mount Rushmore of sci-fi hotness.

Plus Lucy Lawless and Michelle Forbes in guest spots later in the show.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I'll brb...
jokershady
AG
Vince Blake said:

TCTTS said:

sounds like you out-kicked your coverage….well done sir!
ABATTBQ11
AG
That guy seems like an insufferable little *****
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That pirate captain looks like a cross between Davy Jones and Old Gregg.

PatAg
AG
He did share it with us in a way that doesnt force you to give him a 'view' on twitter.
So we got that goin for us
beagle2009
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That pirate captain looks like a cross between Davy Jones and Old Gregg.

I'm a scaly manfish!
The Porkchop Express
AG
Holy cow ...

DTP02
AG
Was a generally entertaining episode, and definitely looked good with some good action sequences, but after watching Andor it took a minute to recalibrate to the less sophisticated plot and dialogue, and some of the silliness overall.

The repetition bothered me a bit, but I guess that's another price to pay of having so much stuff happen in a different series, so they have to set it all up again.

By far the worst part was rebuilding the droid. He completely blew himself up, and in a lava river to boot.

There shouldn't even have been enough for a statue, and definitely not enough to bring it back "to life".

But all of a sudden these little guys can do it no problem? Maybe they should have looked into that as a way to honor him instead of making him a statue then?

The whole thing is just stupid and ruins a great death and reduces the stakes going forward, as is always the case when you can just magically bring characters back to life. Really questionable decision from the showrunners there.
Max Power
AG
It was ok, not bad, but also not great either. I do think that Andor completely reset the bar in terms of expectations for all Star Wars shows going forward. I've enjoyed the first two seasons of The Mandalorian but I loved Andor. They'll have to step up their game if they want to be seen the same way.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.