***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

131,474 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
Faustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
theSCHW4B said:

I finished up my re-watch over the weekend. I know it has been discussed on the board briefly, but what percentage of Mandalorian watchers do you think either didn't watch Boba Fett at all, or gave up before the Mando episodes? 20%? Higher? I know I have talked to multiple people that didn't watch and I highly recommended at least watching the last 3 episodes of Boba. Will it just be a WTF moment during the recap before the premiere? I still can't believe they had Luke and Ahsoka on screen together in a B arc of that terrible show.
I didn't watch Boba Fett, but will probably watch the 3 episodes recommended in the linked article prior to starting Mando Season 3.

https://www.menshealth.com/entertainment/a43100907/mandalorian-season-3-book-of-boba-fett-recap/

The article gives a little more detail than Porkchop's succinct summary of Mandalorian pertinent events in the Boba Fett series if anyone would rather just read what happened rather than watching.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Faustus said:

theSCHW4B said:

I finished up my re-watch over the weekend. I know it has been discussed on the board briefly, but what percentage of Mandalorian watchers do you think either didn't watch Boba Fett at all, or gave up before the Mando episodes? 20%? Higher? I know I have talked to multiple people that didn't watch and I highly recommended at least watching the last 3 episodes of Boba. Will it just be a WTF moment during the recap before the premiere? I still can't believe they had Luke and Ahsoka on screen together in a B arc of that terrible show.
I didn't watch Boba Fett, but will probably watch the 3 episodes recommended in the linked article prior to starting Mando Season 3.

https://www.menshealth.com/entertainment/a43100907/mandalorian-season-3-book-of-boba-fett-recap/

The article gives a little more detail than Porkchop's succinct summary of Mandalorian pertinent events in the Boba Fett series if anyone would rather just read what happened rather than watching.
To piggyback on that, if you don't want to watch them or read it, just PM me and I will act out those 3 episodes for you and send an audio file to you, as i have watched them each about 100 times.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Tailgate88
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Carl Weathers needs no introduction, but wants you to know that you shouldn't throw that rib away because you still got some meat on the bone.

Bravo to you, sir.
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
That's the sort of thing I can't even bother to care about.
chase128
AG
This was not conveyed to me at all by watching the series.
jackie childs
but i think luke was training grogu in the quantum realm and time works differently there
PatAg
AG
They are being smart about putting out advertising on the 3 Mando based episodes at least. I've seen it recommended to me to watch in a few places before the show starts up.
TCTTS
AG
chase128 said:

It wasn't. Because he literally *just now* made it up. It's Favreau attempting to cover his tracks, reacting to the backlash of reuniting Mando and Grogu so soon. I love the guy, and he's made a lot of great entertainment, but he's always been a sloppy storyteller, and from time to time it bites him in the ass like this.
bearamedic99
AG

Official director list revealed

• Episode 1 directed by Rick Famuyiwa
  • Episode 2 directed by Rachel Morrison
  • Episode 3 directed by Lee Isaac Chung
  • Episode 4 directed by Carl Weathers
  • Episode 5 directed by Peter Ramsey
  • Episode 6 directed by Bryce Dallas Howard
  • Episode 7 directed by Rick Famuyiwa
  • Episode 8 directed by Rick Famuyiwa

yes but

did anyone of them write for the Jimmy Kimmel show?
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

chase128 said:

It wasn't. Because he literally *just now* made it up. It's Favreau attempting to cover his tracks, reacting to the backlash of reuniting Mando and Grogu so soon. I love the guy, and he's made a lot of great entertainment, but he's always been a sloppy storyteller, and from time to time it bites him in the ass like this.

You're turning into aTm with the amount of whining you're doing on this thread.
TCTTS
AG
I'm sorry, but it's pretty notable that Favreau just said that Mando and Grogu were together for "many, many years," and that Grogu then trained with Luke for "two years" after that, when many of us were under the impression that the past 2.5 seasons covered a few months, maybe a year+ tops. How is that not worthy of discussion or factor into what we're about to watch? Considering the amount of crazy, off-topic discussions that have taken place in Star Wars threads over the years, I can't call attention to something that's directly related to the show at hand?
jeffk
AG
TCTTS said:

chase128 said:

Well we all know Luke is a sucky teacher so in that two years Grogu probably got as much training as Yoda could have provided in a week or three.
TCTTS
AG
Madmarttigan
AG
Bruhhhh, move on
Formerly tv1113
ABATTBQ11
AG
jeffk said:

TCTTS said:

chase128 said:

Well we all know Luke is a sucky teacher so in that two years Grogu probably got as much training as Yoda could have provided in a week or three.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Luke's four known students to date:

Grogu: Eff this, I'm going back to the guy who gets me shot at once a week.
Leia: Eff this, if I stay with you my son's going to die.
Ben :Eff this, I"m going to kill as many of your students as I can.
Rey: Eff this, I"m going to threaten you with your lightsaber, play grab ass with the bad guy, and find out that Sheev's my PaPa.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Good bit from Dave and Jon about the Armorer's character, her intentions, her role, etc. ALso it mentions that she's 46,000 years old.

"We talk about her quite a bit," Filoni told io9. "Even in what does she know versus what she's speculating, and what kind of mentor slash Gandalf slash Merlin is she really. How much does she understand what's possible for Mando or not?" Favreau added, "And is she sharing everything she knows?"

Filoni, as he has been known to do, compared the dynamic to one from the original Star Wars trilogy. "I used to wonder that about Obi-Wan and Yoda," Filoni said. "Like when they would tell Luke he must confront Darth Vader, they never tell him, 'You can save your father.' They actually make it sound pretty damning that you're not going to be able to do that. And so do they know that's a possibility or do they not? Does it undermine Luke if he is told it's a possibility to save his father?"

"So I think a lot of it she's careful what she says to both Mando and the audience," he continued. "Because I think maybe she doesn't fully know what to expect about the future, but she's basing it on tradition and what's been passed down to her"The Way" and your interpretation of "The Way." And her responsibility is to guide the people as clearly as she can while leaving room for whatever the events are."
Filoni added that another key piece is that the Armorer may not even quite understand the bond shared between the Mandalorian and Grogu. "I think she's reading the room a lot," he said. "Why is this little Grogu character, Mando took him away, why is he back? We used to talk about [how] that probably means something to her. It means something to us. But it's all part of the discovery process of the story as it unfolds and it evolves. And yeah, she's definitely become an emerging character as far as knowledge. Lost knowledge is really what she possesses."

"And prophecy," Favreau added. "Knowledge of prophecy."
redline248
AG

Rey: Eff this, I"m going to threaten you with your lightsaber, play grab ass with the bad guy, and find out that Sheev's my PaPa.
Just another reason the sequels suck. Ruined one of the biggest heroes of most of our childhoods, kept the "Return of the Jedi" to 1, and made it so a cool new character in Grogu can't train with Luke long so he doesn't killed by Kylo in about 10 years.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Luke trained Rey for like 48 hrs and she was lifting mountains.
The Porkchop Express
AG
redline248 said:

Just another reason the sequels suck. Ruined one of the biggest heroes of most of our childhoods, kept the "Return of the Jedi" to 1, and made it so a cool new character in Grogu can't train with Luke long so he doesn't killed by Kylo in about 10 years.
I find sequels Luke to be the best part of the movies. But, I understand that is not a opinion shared by many here. Regardless, T-minus 5 hours!
ABATTBQ11
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

She was also doing mind tricks and light saber battling like 48 hours after she learned what the force was.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
For a second I thought you said you preferred sequels Luke to OG Luke and was about to go off.
The Porkchop Express
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

She was also doing mind tricks and light saber battling like 48 hours after she learned what the force was.
Maybe the time passed differently and she was imprisoned on Starkiller base for 7 years
redline248
AG

ABATTBQ11 said:

Maybe the time passed differently and she was imprisoned on Starkiller base for 7 years
Nah, she obviously stole force powers from Kylo through reverse osmosis.
An L of an Ag
AG
Just think - if our basketball game goes into overtime, it could roll right into Mandalorian! THIS is what sick days were made for!!
TCTTS
AG
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
TCTTS said:

chase128 said:

Agreed with this sentiment. Don't know why he felt the need to do this. It lessens my interest
An L of an Ag
AG
Well, I was a bit off, but glad to get the win in regulation!
TCTTS
AG
One game left. Wish I could be at Reed on Saturday.
The Porkchop Express
AG
ScreenRant interviewed Katee Sackhoff about the evolution of Bo Katan.

"I think that she has lost everything. Everything that she thought she wanted, everything that she has fought for so long, is gone. And I think that's where we find her; in this place [that's] almost an "all is lost" moment. I think she's probably questioning everything she's done since the moment we met her over 10 years ago, and the means by which she went about getting to where she's at."

"We do get to touch a little bit on her emotional journey this season, which is really really fun for me. I love complicated characters, and her backstory is so incredibly rich with complication, a lot by her own design. So I think there is a lot of deep, heavy thought and atonement going on in her mind."

Really love this last quote.

"[…] Everything that happened to Bo in Clone Wars and Rebels and season 2 of The Mandalorian has created the woman we're going to see in season 3. She's very different from who we've seen in the past."
TCTTS
AG
Very helpful recap of all historical and recent events, across all mediums, pertaining/leading up to S3. It's dense but quick, at just under 14 minutes long…

TCTTS
AG
From tonight's Hollywood premiere…

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.