*** THE BATMAN UNIVERSE ***

32,873 Views | 298 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reeves isn't going to design the franchise to where the audience has to watch eight hours of a limited series to understand what's happening in The Batman Part II. Yes, the series bridges the gap, but it's more like bonus content, and basically a visualized/dramatized version of what will almost assuredly be summarized via dialogue or made obvious in The Batman Part II. That, and Batman/Bruce Wayne will likely only make a brief appearance in the final episode.

That said, for those who even dabble in streaming, how is Max not one of your core subscriptions? In terms of their overall library/churning out great, consistently new content, it's easily one of the best streamers out there. Also, closer to the release of the next movie, you could simply spend the price of a single movie outing on one month of Max and knock out all eight episodes in a matter of days/weeks. This isn't some impossible task/big ask.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

So it's airing on THURSDAYS, not Sundays, as previously assumed. That would make this HBO's first drama series not to air on a Sunday or a Monday night. Unless it releases on Max on Thursdays, but then airs on HBO three days later on HBO? No idea...

Scratch that. It's weirdly somehow both. The FIRST episode will air THURSDAY, September 19th, then a little over a week later, all subsequent episodes will air SUNDAY nights, beginning Sunday, September 29th. In all my years I've never seen a show do something like this, but they must have their reasons. Either way, I'm excited again that at least 7 of the 8 episodes will be Sunday night events...

Sea Speed
AG
Get people talking on Friday at work? Is that even a thing anymore with so much remote work? It would have to be an event anyways and I don't see this show being an event.
TCTTS
AG
I can't figure it out. At first I thought it had something to do with season three of Industry still airing on Sunday nights in September. But the season three finale will air on literally the exact same night, at the exact same time, episode two of The Penguin airs, which tells me the latter won't actually air on HBO? It'll just be on Max? Even though it's an HBO show? It's so confusing.
TCTTS
AG
First four (of eight) episodes...

TCTTS
AG

FL_Ag1998
AG
TCTTS said:

Beautiful.
Sea Speed
AG
When did all these crazy popcorn buckets become a thing? I don't recall them in the past. Of all the things one can collect, I can't ever imagine being excited about popcorn buckets. Do people have a wall display of popcorn buckets? Bring a hot date over to check out their awesome collection? I've collected some dumb stuff, but man this is something else. It is peak consumerism.
TXAG 05
AG
Sea Speed said:

When did all these crazy popcorn buckets become a thing? I don't recall them in the past. Of all the things one can collect, I can't ever imagine being excited about popcorn buckets. Do people have a wall display of popcorn buckets? Bring a hot date over to check out their awesome collection? I've collected some dumb stuff, but man this is something else. It is peak consumerism.

I don't think I've ever even seen one in real life
MooreTrucker
AG
Sea Speed said:

Nerds love to collect stuff. Simple as that.
TCTTS
AG
Quad Dog
AG
I said this when it came out, but a much better movie in a theatre. It can be a slow and moody at times. So the movie was better being trapped in a dark room with people and you didn't want to pull out your phone when things got slow.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Max Power
AG
TCTTS said:

If The Batman part 2 is having the Court of Owls as the villain then sign me up, that makes me way happier than just rehashing the Joker with Barry Keoghan. The Court of Owls is basically Gotham's illuminati for those that need a point of reference.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. That would be pretty sick.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
You know what could potentially be really cool/interesting is to bring back Barry Keoghan as the Joker in the sequel, only to have the Court of Owls off him, say, halfway through the movie, which could really raise the stakes and separate this iteration of the franchise from the last few...

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Between this and The Penguin in two weeks, I now have the perfect excuse to rewatch The Batman in-full for the umpteenth time.
G.I.Bro
I really like The Batman, better than the Nolan trilogy in fact, and I'm looking forward to more, but I wonder if I'm going to ever get some more fantastical/comic version of Batman outside of Batfleck and animated stuff in my life
TCTTS
AG
It sounds like that version could be coming via the DCU and The Brave and the Bold.
G.I.Bro
That's good. I haven't been keeping track. I don't really need more of "what if Batman was in the real world?" Stuff
MooreTrucker
AG
G.I.Bro said:

That's good. I haven't been keeping track. I don't really need more of "what if Batman was in the real world?" Stuff

This, although I'll definitely watch. But I grew up on much more lighthearted Batman.

When was the Court of Owls first introduced?
G.I.Bro
MooreTrucker said:

G.I.Bro said:

This, although I'll definitely watch. But I grew up on much more lighthearted Batman.

When was the Court of Owls first introduced?

2012ish. I'm not looking for a lighthearted batman, I just want to watch batman kick ass and not try to deduce if an actual human could do the stuff he does. The warehouse scene in BvS for instance. I want a world where I don't have to question bane using venom, the presence of killer croc, etc.
TCTTS
AG
Aggie_Journalist
AG
TCTTS said:

Another chance to watch the Wayne's death scene again!
Thanks and gig'em
MooreTrucker
AG
You'd think after ALL THESE YEARS they would have solved this case
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

Murder Hornet
AG
Are these actual runtimes or Disney runtimes with 16 minutes of multilingual credits?
TCTTS
AG
I'm assuming actual runtimes, seeing as HBO doesn't do all those crazy Disney+ credits, and that any behind-the-scenes featurettes are added for airing, not for early screeners and the like, which is what these runtimes are most likely from. A number of critics have already seen every episode, but they're currently embargoed until the week of release.
TCTTS
AG
G.I.Bro
Wasn't sure where to put this, but Batman (1989) will be showing at Cinemarks on 9/21
The Porkchop Express
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

TCTTS said:

Another chance to watch the Wayne's death scene again!
Jeez, spoiler alert!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.