***** Big Brother 24 Spoilers Thread *****

83,742 Views | 1205 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by tailgatetimer10
ElephantRider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thisguy1 said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Speaking of Kyle...what is yalls thought that he was in the top running of Americas Favorite?

Also, Do you believe Taylor actually won that?

I just don't trust anything that isn't a shown open vote, too easy for production to just lie so the fact of who the top 3 was surprised me

I kept telling my wife Kyle was going to win the favorite vote. I figured it would come down to Kyle, Turner and Alyssa. Maybe Monte. He easily had the most likable personality outside of them painting him as a big racist. Similar situation to Cody winning it years back and everyone on the show being shocked. Taylor didn't do a single thing all season other play the race card and sleep with the HOH when she needed to. Convenient it was literally only shown when she was really in danger to go home.

I watched this show in the background pretty much all season after last year but really after the Kyle witch-hunt. My wife held strong, but she's pissed after watching the finale.

Twitter was extremely pro-Taylor. I believe that she won. Apparently a lot of people on Facebook were rallying votes for Kyle as "payback" for what happened
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
ElephantRider said:

Thisguy1 said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Speaking of Kyle...what is yalls thought that he was in the top running of Americas Favorite?

Also, Do you believe Taylor actually won that?

I just don't trust anything that isn't a shown open vote, too easy for production to just lie so the fact of who the top 3 was surprised me

I kept telling my wife Kyle was going to win the favorite vote. I figured it would come down to Kyle, Turner and Alyssa. Maybe Monte. He easily had the most likable personality outside of them painting him as a big racist. Similar situation to Cody winning it years back and everyone on the show being shocked. Taylor didn't do a single thing all season other play the race card and sleep with the HOH when she needed to. Convenient it was literally only shown when she was really in danger to go home.

I watched this show in the background pretty much all season after last year but really after the Kyle witch-hunt. My wife held strong, but she's pissed after watching the finale.

Twitter was extremely pro-Taylor. I believe that she won. Apparently a lot of people on Facebook were rallying votes for Kyle as "payback" for what happened

Twitter isn't real though. Anything that Twitter consensus believes is usually completely opposite of real life. Big Brother Twitter included
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Ags-R-Better said:

I probably did, I'm guessing a LGBTQ+ person won? I certainly don't have room in my brain for remembering that ***** That said, 4 years ago is an eternity and before twitter really blew up so it's like it never happened…and it was probably just a regular run of the mill gay man…that's not good enough for 2022, or 2023 for season 25.

I think Andy, season 15, was the first gay dude to win.

The trannies are up next. I fully expect next season's "winner" to be trans. Then we'll start getting some non-binaries. The trick is that they'll have to cast at least 2 per season, because they always start out with an equal number of each gender. They'd get skewered if they had 8 men, 7 women and non-binary that is a biological woman. You have to play along with their delusion and pretend they really aren't what they really are.
Flashdiaz
AG
thinking about this more, I really wanted Monte to win. He had the best overall social game and comp wins. He could have been the first African American to win based on merits\game play and not needing the support of a giant group with race-based motives to get to the end like Xavier. But alas, the jury voted on another cause rather than game play. I don't expect this to change in the coming seasons since it's a proven formula to win.
_lefraud_
AG
It kind of did this season though...it was either the week after or maybe two weeks after the Kyle ****, Monte could have been put on the block (by Michael maybe?) but it wasn't even discussed...it was a great opportunity to get rid of a real threat, and no one (on camera) even mentioned it.

I liked Monte, and he should have won, but he was awful once it got down to 5. Maybe he didn't want the backlash of getting rid of Taylor...but that probably wasn't his decision anyhow (production).
ElephantRider
AG
From top 5, Monte controlled every eviction, and made the wrong choice every time. He checked out early in the game, and he missed an important veto late in the game because he wanted to take his sweet ass time getting ready. His social game was also overrated ("like talking to a politician"). I think he took Taylor because he was so arrogant and out of touch with the jury that he thought it would be an easy win. Not defending her game or anything, but I was not impressed with his game.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Guess you missed bb17's Audrey...
Johnsy3
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Guess you missed bb17's Audrey...

Well she was crying under a blanket her whole time in the house so I don't blame anyone for forgetting
emoney
AG
All of the talk about production causing this to happen is ridiculous. I'm sure they are happy about the result but Taylor won because that's who the jury wanted to win. I thought her speech was good because that was all she could say about her game. Her HoH was a disaster so she couldn't talk about wins and had to devalue winning since that was Monte's strength. None of it matter because the jury was voting for Taylor if she was in the F2 seat. Indy had no problem giving her vote to Taylor even though she was "all about the women" and promised all of them that they wouldn't touch the block and then went back on it and not only put Indy on the block but was thinking about putting Alyssa on the block. Would it have helped Monte if he did his speech last? Maybe but I doubt he would bring up anything to counter Taylor and it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway.

The basis of the Big Brother game hasn't changed, it's based on the people that are playing. Sometimes you are going to like the outcome and sometimes you're not. I agree with Elephant Rider on Monte though, he took Taylor because he was cocky and thought it was an easy win . He had no read on how pro Taylor the jury were, even though it should've been obvious.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Who picks the people who will make poor jury decisions because of race and gender rather than playing the game….
_lefraud_
AG
Keep that head in the sand.

Production made a huge deal about Kyle's nothing burger this season
Production made a huge deal about the cookout last season

There is absolutely no way Taylor wins if she were white...but carry on.
Rex Racer
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Keep that head in the sand.

Production made a huge deal about Kyle's nothing burger this season
Production made a huge deal about the cookout last season

There is absolutely no way Taylor wins if she were white...but carry on.
Taylor said it herself. It's about the social progress of the game. Who cares who played the game the best? I do have to hand it to her, though. Her speech was impassioned, and she voiced every possible reason for the jury to vote for her.
Bunk Moreland
She did well on the speech. I just don't think the speeches had anything to do with how they were going to vote.

With the early season guilting of everyone ****ting on Taylor + the race thing later in the season I think they all wanted to give it to her just for making it to the end. Which is fine I guess. But she also didn't really do anything to deserve to win.

There have been undeserving winners before, or 'weaker' winners. And while some will point to someone like Jordan Lloyd, at least she won the final HOH to get to the end and the person next to her was even more of a season coaster/floater than she was.
Rex Racer
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

She did well on the speech. I just don't think the speeches had anything to do with how they were going to vote.
Oh, I agree. And you could tell by what each person said as they cast their vote that Taylor was going to win and win big.
ElephantRider
AG
It's been pretty much confirmed that the jury (minus Turner) had decided beforehand that Taylor was going to win if she was final two. Rumor is that Michael and Joseph lawyered everyone until it was unanimous.
tailgatetimer10
AG

2 minutes 40 second in, Turner confirms it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.